Trapped inside this madness

By WintersWitch

Dr. Jonathan Crane x Fem!Reader Y/N is a young woman visiting the psychiatrist Dr. Jonathan Crane without kn... More

Author's Note
Prolog
You have to talk to me.
Trust me.
You're a liar.
I am scared.
Good Night.
I am not scared of you.
As you wish.
I'm afraid of you.
Author's note
Forgive me.
Not today, Scarecrow.
All alone. All mine.
Authors Note โ€ข Merry Christmas
Use me.
Keep it a secret.
Batman.
Only your trust.
I need a friend right now.
I need you.
Lady Nightmare
It's like you never had wings.
Author's Note

Keep it professional.

413 8 5
By WintersWitch

Saturday. You slowly opened your eyes and realized you felt asleep on the sofa. Even if the sofa-sleep is always the best and deepest sleep you felt every muscle of your body. "Getting old, Y/N." you reminded youself and smiled a bit grabbing your phone. "Oh, fu-", you pressed your lips together and suddenly were more awake than before. Your phone showed you the time: 1:20 pm. You knew you hadn't take any sleeping pills or anything else so why didn't you wake up earlier? It must have been your body screaming for a rest.

"40 minutes. FOURTY MINUTES.", you shouted and jumped around your furniture to clean your apartment up. A little bit. You switched on your coffee machine and while the dark liquid was in the making you got ready in the bathroom. You had a meeting with Dr. Crane - or Jonathan how he introduced himself yesterday. "Wait. Where...?", you asked yourself because actually you couldn't remember if he wanted to visit you here or at the Asylum. As you asked for a therapist session Arkham definitely would be the better option. But you wouldn't make it.

Grabbing an outfit you always felt comfortable in you took your phone again after you've decided to message him. You could have called him as well but who likes calls? The best thing to do with a smartphone isn't calling and speaking to someone on the other end - NO! Messaging was always the best and safest option - and you hated texting people and they answered with a call. Aliens?!

Sorry, I did not forgot about our meeting but I totally overslept. I won't make it by 2 pm at the Asylum. Are you close? Would you mind coming by? Y/N L/N- You nodded and pressed the 'SENT' button. You were suprised how fast you received an answer: Sure. See you soon. - Jonathan

The 'morning' was so busy you forgot for a moment what has happened the day and night before. Your experience with Scarecrow. After a little moment of silence you took your 'Best daughter'-mug and sipped the coffee. "Scarecrow... Scarecrow..." you whispered thinking about this whole situation with a clear mind. The fear toxin already had left your body. Something felt so wrong. Why was he there and how did he even know where you lived?

And the biggest question of all: Why YOU? You haven't been an important person. Yes, you worked for Wayne Enterprises but not for someone big as Bruce Wayne. He didn't even knew you existed. You also had no contact to any Mafia or bad guys - or even Batman. Your heartbeat got faster. What a cup of freshly brewed coffee could do! "Crane."

Something felt so wrong the day before. He knew where you lived - how? You didn't remember to tell him. He was in the room after you inhaled something and suddenly you saw this horrible creature. You had a clear mind so it was easier to put any puzzle piece together. "No. No, Y/N. You're making false assumptions. This can't be... you're insane." you shook your head and checked if your apartment was clean enough for a visit. It looked perfect - your little safe-place, right?

Rrrring. Rrrring. - The doorbells. You checked the time. Your thin fingers brushed through your hair - it was important to look good. But more important to get to know more about him. Also, should you tell him about your late night meeting with Scarecrow? He's your therapist so - yes. You should. Otherwise... after that great sleep you had so much going on in your head, you thought it might be better not to talk about this. You should keep it a secret and if he has something to do with Scarecrow he might get trapped, right?

You opened the door with a smile. "Thank you so much for coming by.", you stepped aside so the handsome man could enter. "Hello, Y/N. Lovely place.", he mentioned and cleared his throat. You looked him up and down and noticed his case. Always the same case. Why would he bring it with him? You didn't need any medication or something. What was inside? "Are you okay?", he asked as you wandered off to your thoughts. "Sorry. I kinda just woke up. It was a tough day, but please. Give me your coat and sit down!", you pointed to the Sofa, took his fancy black coat and put it on the hanger. You grabbed his case as well, your hands met and a shiver ran down your spine. "Please. Don't. Let's just have a talk without... writing down notes or giving me any pills."

Crane rose an eyebrow and let go of his big silver case. He wasn't happy about it but something was different today - he recognized this immediately. And as an intelligent man he knew he had to be careful. Nodding his head he went to your comfortable sofa and sat down. "Just hold on a second.", he observed every step you took. You went to the kitchen and came back with coffee. "Coffee and water - that's unfortunately all I can offer you. I hope that's fine, Jon-" Crane lifted his hand and shook his head. "Today I'm here as your therapist, right? So we want to keep it professional. Dr. Crane."

God, this man drove you crazy. Maybe it should be easier to always call him Dr. Crane - if he insisted. Yeah, he was your therapist but why introducing himself as Jonathan at all? That didn't make any sense? Also he kinda seemed to be angry at someone. Something. You? Something was different today. You decided to talk about Scarecrow. Yeah, you switched your decisions as often as your mood. And you decided to play his game. If your assumptions were wrong - okay. Fine. But you had to trust you gut feeling again. And your first impression of Dr. Crane was uncanny.

"Dr. Crane.", you sat down, next to him. Looking directly into his blue eyes - okay, to be honest you could really get lost in his eyes. "I really should have listened to you. Yesterday... I met Scarecrow. Again. He was here." Silence. For a moment. He observed every inch of your body. Yes, he wanted to hear more about the situation and how you felt. He saw how tight you hold your mug. You much your body was strained. Many questions crossed his mind. Why were you so strong. Why was his toxin not enough. "The first meeting... at Arkham was. Horrible. I never felt more alone and thought I'm gonna get killed by this creature. Or I'd die because of all this fear inside me.", his eyes widened. Jonathan loved whenever you talked about fear. Music to his ears.

"Go on, Y/N. Tell me all about your fear." - Wait. He insisted on being called Doctor Crane but he wanted to call you by your first name? Didn't seem fair. You ignored it. "It still haunts me. Being helpless and alone. At first when I saw him here, I wanted to scream, to cry. To run away - back to you." Your eyes met again his. He came closer not breaking the eye contact. "I called you and hung up. I'm sorry." His cold hand reached yours. "You can always call me. You should have told me what happened and I would have saved you.", he whispered.

What was he doing? You catched yourself feeling your heartbeat being faster and faster. Your heart almost explode. Even if you thought he might worked with Scarecrow to keep his patients you couldn't ignore the fact that you felt attracted to him. Yes. You did. It's been just a few days you knew him, that's why you kept denying it. You didn't know anything about him. It was all about looks and because he pretended to be your savior. Maybe it also was because he was your psychiatrist. That seemed all so wrong. Stop it, Y/N. Just stop it.

"Yeah and that's it... that's what made me stronger. Realizing I'm not alone." at this moment you couldn't trust yourself. Were you just playing the game and checking how Crane reacted to all of this? Or didn't you really felt alone after he 'saved' you - or not - at Arkham and insisted on driving you home, making sure you felt safe? Toxic. This was so toxic. "I...", you broke the eye contact as you couldn't stand this blue eyes any longer. You looked down on his lips.

"Don't worry, Y/N. We're gonna get through this. I'm gonna help you facing your fears and fighting against Scarecrow or...", he stroke a (dark/light) hair strand behind your ear. His thumb caressed your rosy cheek, biting his lower lip. "Find out what he wants from you." Again he came closer and suddenly he pressed his lips against yours. At first carefully but then with more desire. Your breathing got heavier and yes, you kissed him back. How could you not? Your last kiss was back in High School. For a moment you just enjoyed this. His soft lips on yours, someone you seemed to desire you - but no. This. Was. Wrong. You've always been the reasonable person and this was not okay.

You moved back and cleared your throat before you got up from the couch. "Well, Dr. Crane. We wanted to keep it professional and... I guess that's not how we should... behave." You forrowed your eyebrows and leaned on the wall. Far away from him. You surprised him - again. He didnt's expect you to move back. To end this kiss. He thought he had already twisted you around his little finger but you were much stronger. Crane nodded, rubbing his hands together. "Yes, of course. I'm sorry for what I just did. It was unprofessional and there is no excuse."

"No. Please. It was.", you stopped yourself and shrugged it off. Beautiful. Perfect.

"Maybe I should leave. After this. It wasn't a good idea to visit a patient at home." he mentioned, ready to get up and get back to his silver case. "Stay. Please. We'll both behave and talk about Scarecrow and my experience. Okay?" he nodded. "Okay. Go on."

*Author's Note*

OKAAAAAY. I didn't want this to happen but yes, it did. I hope this wasn't too early because yeah... you/reader doesn't know him for long but hey. Can't blame you. I wouldn't have missed my chance as well.
Anyway yes, I wanted to write something else but it just happened. I hope you like iiiiiit!! And let's see what Crane has in mind and what comes next...! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5K 38
"when you fall in love, you aren't interested in anyone else. but if you are, then you aren't in love" - jonathan crane x oc story where the main cha...
123K 3.5K 47
"Is your mind playing tricks on you, or am I?" He smiles; finally a crack of emotion in that perfect facade. He was playing with me, and he was enjoy...
786 7 11
๐‰๐จ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐‚๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ž ๐…๐š๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง โœง.* Such illegal things shouldn't be done, but what if it's him, Professor Jonathan Crane, everyone...
42.7K 1.3K 33
*All the Madness We Share Book 1* Who was Jonathan Crane before he was the Scarecrow? Amber Connery knows. What did the eyes of the Scarecrow's child...