Against all odds

By LenaWengi

She was one of a kind. An exceptional racer. But she would have to prove herself against all odds. As a mecha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 22

1.4K 27 3
By LenaWengi

I left the campus heading straight for my car and making my way home immediately.

As I arrived, the rental was still standing right where we left it yesterday, so I assumed Daniel was still here.

"Dan? Im back!" I called out as I threw my jacket and shoes into the entryway. I got no answer. "Daniel?" I asked again and yet again got no answer back. I left my bag by the kitchen table and started to fool through the flat for my guest.

After a short search I found him still in bed. Fast asleep. At 11:45.

"Oh my god. Seriously? Still in bed? I thought you would be up by now." I ranted as I opened the blinds.

"No please! Dont do that." He grumbled.

"Come on. Wakey wakey! Its time to go to the paddock and do exciting Things!" I pulled at his blanket. "Like eating food! Or drinking coffee!" we had a tug war with the blanket until he finally got up.

"I hate how you wake me up." He murmured wandering off to the bathroom.

Half an hour later we were ready and on our way to the car.

"Can you take my car and follow me to the rental service so I can return the Honda?" I asked.

"Sure. Which one's yours?" he asked walking towards the new Mini in the driveway.

"No thats the wrong one. Hilda is the blue Polo MK 1 over there." I explained throwing the keys in his direction.

"Girl you really need a new car. That thing is like antique! "

"Dont insult Hilda! Shes very moody so be nice to her!"

Daniel picked me up at the rental service and I started to direct him towards the circuit. About halfway the car broke down. "You shouldnt have insulted her earlier!" I scolded getting out of the car and looking under the hood. After not finding anything wrong with the car I closed the hood and gestured Daniel to restart the engine, but it didnt make a sound. I hit the car on the Mudguard twice in anger and suddenly the engine started, and we drove to the track.

"didnt think that would work" Daniel admitted as he parked.

"You didnt trust my expert mechanical abilities? That hurts!" I faked a mad look.

"No, I just thought we were stranded." He tried to save the situation.

"For real though I think with how many times I repaired her, took parts out and put new in I know her a little. But to be honest I dont usually take her to get around here."

"What do you use then? "

"Margret." I said as we entered the paddock.

Soon after we split up and I continued my way to the red bull motorhome. As my phone rang.

"Hi Lisa! Wie gehts?" (How are you?) I asked the girl on the other side of the line.

"Super ich wollte dich fragen, wo ich den Paddock Pass finde?" (Great, I just wanted to ask where I could find the paddock pass?)

"Du hast noch den Ersatzschlüssel von Hilda? (You still have the reserve key for Hilda?)

"Jup" she answered.

"Im Handschuhfach von Hilda. Da ist auch einer für Frankie. Wann wirst du ungefähr hier sein?" (In the glovebox of Hilda. Theres one for Frankie as well. When will you be here?)

"Ich weiß es noch nicht, aber ich schreibe dir, wenn ich genaueres weiß." (I dont know yet, but Ill text you if I know any details.)

"Du bist die beste. Bis dann!" (Youre the best. See you then!)

"Bis dann!" (See you then) Lisa said and I entered the Motorhome.

After a few meetings I went to the garage to check on the mechanics but before I could enter the building, I got stopped by Lando and George. "Hey Alex! How was the road trip?" George asked giving me a fist pump.

"Really pretty. You would have loved it." I smiled.

"With who did you end up going?" Lando asked curiously.

"Daniel came along. It was a last-minute decision but ended up being really fun."

"We wanted to pick you up for breakfast today, but you werent in the hotel?"

"Yeah, I slept at my place and went to Uni early in the morning to do part of my exams. We can arrange something though." I answered as I heard a familiar Australian accent shout my name: "Alexandra Dumaaaaann!"

I smiled: "Danny! Whats up?"

"Nothing I just wanted do get Lando to remind him of the meeting in ten minutes and then I saw you." Daniel explained.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot. Thanks, Danny." Lando smiled.

"Alex, I have a question." George suddenly said.

"Hit me."

"What can you do around here?" he asked.

"Well, theres a few museums, the castle, theres an amusement park, I could show you some trails if you want to exercise and theres a few hidden treasures I could you show you. Why? "

"Just cause Lando and I want to do something this afternoon and you know you way around here, so we thought wed ask you." He explained.

"Sure, I could show you around. No probl- wait where are you going? Why are you looking like youve seen a gho- ugh." Before I could even finish my sentence something pushed me to the ground, and I was met with a wet tongue licking my face.

"Oh goodness! Hi honey! Yeah, I missed you too." I laughed as I recognized my dog laying on top of me.

"Get off now." I commanded him and he promptly did as he was told letting me sit up.

"Good boy." I pet him and he licked and nudged me until Lisa came running. Out of breath she started talking: "Oh Gott. Das tut mir leid. Ich glaube er hat dich gerochen und ich konnte ihn nicht mehr halten. Alles okay bei dir?" (Oh god. Im sorry. I think he smelled you and I couldnt hold him. Are you okay?)

"Ist schon okay. Nichts passiert. Komm her!" (Its okey. Im fine. Come here!) I hugged her.

We held each other. Frankie running around us wagging his tail until someone cleared their throat behind me.

"Hey Alex? Are you okay? That looked like a pretty hard impact." Lando asked keeping his distance eyeing the dog from time to time.

"Yeah, Im fine. This is Lisa my best friend and the one over there is Frank the third, but we all call him Frankie." I introduced," Lisa? This is Lando, George and Daniel some of the other drivers."

"Hi nice to meet you." She smiled.

Frank was now sniffing around the red bull Motorhome, so I called him over. "Frankie. Hier." The dog came back in my direction, "Sitz." Frankie did as I told her and sat down beside me as I grabbed his leash.

"Hey danny I wanted to talk to you about the tattoo." I started talking to relieve the awkwardness.

"Oh that. Yeah. What about it?" Daniel asked.

"Im getting a tattoo tomorrow do you want to come along?"

"Whos tattooing you?" he asked.

"A good friend of mine. He did all of my tattoos if you want some reference of his style." I explained pointing to my tattoos peeking out under the sleeves of my shirt.

After taking a good look at it he nodded and smiled: "Deal but you have to take a video for my youtube. "

"Will do. Ill be there at 8 because itll be a longer session for me, but Ill text you the address."

"Great. Lando and I have to go now. See you around? "

"See you!"

I was left with George and my best friend. "Georgie! When do you want to do that sightseeing trip?" I asked smiling at the brit.

"I dont know yet. Maybe Monday?"

"Ill see what I can do." I smiled.

"Thanks Alex. Ill leave you two. Seems like you got a lot of catching up to do." With that he left.

"Lots of good-looking guys around here." Lisa remarked, "seeing anyone youre interested in?"

"Goodness! Lisa. Just because Im single doesnt mean Im desperate to have a boyfriend. Im happy as I am now. If that changes, youll be the first to know. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 1.1K 83
"Hello, my name is Zoey Roberts. I am nineteen years old, and I live in England near London. I am feeling refreshed, and I am ready for a new season...
75.3K 1.3K 93
Lando had a plan. Fake a relationship and once they get what they want they part ways. But we all know that's not how in ends in the books. "You just...
12.5K 330 49
Amora Fiorre is a famous actress and model in America even though she's from Monza, Italy. She doesn't love her jobs. What she really finds passion i...
65.7K 953 45
A story based on Formula 1, this is my first story so don't expect too much. The story is about the niece of Max Verstappen; Nina Verstappen. She is...