Against all odds

By LenaWengi

She was one of a kind. An exceptional racer. But she would have to prove herself against all odds. As a mecha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 19

1.5K 29 3
By LenaWengi

"Throw your stuff in the boot Ill look for a store where we can buy snacks and drinks."

We picked up some food and almost three hours later we arrived at our first destination. Monaco. "Help me out here wheres your flat?" I asked and he directed me to a tall building.

We jumped out of the car and after getting a gist of the beauty of Monaco we had dinner and were back on the road.

"The next stop is going to be Genova. Its going to take around five hours. Heres my phone can you book the hotel please? The link should still be open." I asked him and handed him my phone.

"Sure. Wanna listen to some music?" he asked.

"There should be an AUX cord in my bag. And when youre already looking in there grab my glasses as well, please. These contacts are killing me."

"Will do." He nodded and the next ten minutes he rummaged through my bag.

"What the fuck? Lady! What are you carrying around! Its like Narnia in there!"

"Thats just the necessities. The Cord should be somewhere on the bottom probably on the right side, the glasses in one of the pouches on the side."

"Damn, why didnt you tell me ten minutes ago?" Daniel laughed.

We listened to a random playlist and drove along the coast until the man looked at me from the side and asked: "Fancy a swim?"

"Hell yeah!" I smiled and pulled of the highway at the next exit to find an abandoned beach.

"Its beautiful!" I sighed after pulling my swimsuit out of one of my bags.

"Yeah, it is." The Australian agreed and as soon as we were ready, I started to run towards the shore: "the last in the water is a rotten egg!" I shouted

"Thats not fair!" I heard him shout behind me but soon enough when I looked to the side, I saw him a few meters behind me.

"Ha I won!" I exclaimed as I arrived at the sea and ran the first few meters into the water.

"That was not fair! You had a head start!" he argued.

"You know what that reminds me of?" I asked a mischievous look in my eyes.

"What?" I asked careful.

"You need to get a tattoo!" I cheered

"Dont remind me! I thought I won when I saw you spun out." He complained.

"Oh, you poor boy!" I snickered.

We didnt stay in the water for too long since it was getting dark soon and we still had a two-hour drive ahead of us.

So, we got back into the car after drying off and changing back to normal clothes and got back onto the highway. We spent our time bickering, making bad jokes, and listening to music. From time to time, I had a slight angry outburst at the other people on the road who probably ordered their licences on wish (which I told them multiple times). Apparently, it was very funny to Daniel and every time he had a laughing fit, I resisted the urge to hit him.

Fortunately, as the time passed the idiots left the road and we could have a civil conversation again without being interrupted by some dumbass not knowing how to drive.

After about an hour of nonstop talking a comfortable silence settled in between us. Until I looked over at him and mumbled: "Hey Daniel?"

"Hmm?" he hummed.

"Im glad you came along. It wouldve been really boring alone." Confessed to the newly found brother figure.

"Im glad Max asked me to go with you. I really needed some time to be me and not be judged if I dont smile for a few minutes. You really helped me out with this." He sighed deeply.

"Im grateful I could". I smiled softly and after some time I added: "You know you can always talk to me if you need someone. Doesnt matter if you want advice or to vent about something."

"For an eighteen-year-old youre pretty wise young lady." He smiled at me," thank you."

"Hey I turned nineteen last month! Give me a rest! "I hit him on the shoulder, and he just chuckled.

Half an hour later the song changed, and my face lit up: "Oh my god I love this song! I screamed and put it on full volume". It was before he cheats by Carrie Underwood.

"Right now, he's probably slow dancing

With a bleached-blond tramp

AND SHE'S PROBABLY GETTING FRISKY

RIGHT NOW, HE'S PROBABLY BUYING HER SOME FRUITY LITTLE DRINK

'CAUSE SHE CAN'T SHOOT A WHISKEY

RIGHT NOW, HE'S PROBABLY UP BEHIND HER WITH A POOL STICK

SHOWING HER HOW TO SHOOT A COMBO

AND HE DON'T KNOW

I DUG MY KEY INTO THE SIDE

OF HIS PRETTY LITTLE SOUPED UP FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE

CARVED MY NAME INTO HIS LEATHER SEATS

I TOOK A LOUISVILLE SLUGGER TO BOTH HEADLIGHTS

SLASHED A HOLE IN ALL FOUR TIRES

MAYBE NEXT TIME, HE'LL THINK BEFORE HE CHEATS

RIGHT NOW, SHE'S PROBABLY UP SINGING SOME

WHITE-TRASH VERSION OF SHANIA KARAOKE

RIGHT NOW, SHE'S PROBABLY SAYING, "I'M DRUNK"

AND HE'S A THINKING THAT HE'S GONNA GET LUCKY

RIGHT NOW, HE'S PROBABLY DABBING ON

THREE DOLLARS WORTH OF THAT BATHROOM POLO

OH, AND HE DON'T KNOW

OH, THAT I DUG MY KEY INTO THE SIDE

OF HIS PRETTY LITTLE SOUPED UP FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE

CARVED MY NAME INTO HIS LEATHER SEATS

I TOOK A LOUISVILLE SLUGGER TO BOTH HEADLIGHTS

SLASHED A HOLE IN ALL FOUR TIRES

MAYBE NEXT TIME, HE'LL THINK BEFORE HE CHEATS

I MIGHT'VE SAVED A LITTLE TROUBLE FOR THE NEXT GIRL

'CAUSE THE NEXT TIME THAT HE CHEATS

OH, YOU KNOW IT WON'T BE ON ME

NO, NOT ON ME

'CAUSE I DUG MY KEY INTO THE SIDE

OF HIS PRETTY LITTLE SOUPED UP FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE

CARVED MY NAME INTO HIS LEATHER SEATS

I TOOK A LOUISVILLE SLUGGER TO BOTH HEADLIGHTS

SLASHED A HOLE IN ALL FOUR TIRES

MAYBE NEXT TIME, HE'LL THINK BEFORE HE CHEATS

OH, MAYBE NEXT TIME, HE'LL THINK BEFORE HE CHEATS

OH, BEFORE HE CHEATS

OH"

I screamed every line and as the song ended, I sighed with a content smile on my face, "That was nice." I mumbled.

A perplexed Daniel never stopped looking at me with wide eyes, "Who hurt you?!"

This comment had me burst out laughing.

"Look! Oh my god I have to show you! This is so beautiful! Wait Ill pull over." I cheered as I saw the Villa Brignole Sale on the side of the road.

We have time for a walk before the sun sets. Get out! Lets go! I motivated the confused Australian still sitting in the car.

Soon we were walking through the gardens of the Mansion: "this is so beautiful! In 1814 they completed the wood up there known as 'del Leone' and in 1872 Maria Brignole Sale De Ferrari, Duchess of Galliera, had the vast romantic garden designed by Giuseppe Rovelli. Since 1931 it has been used by the City of Genova, initially on a rental basis and then, since 1985, on a property basis, except for the palace and the garden in front of it.

Over the years it has hosted several illustrious guests like Luisa Maria Adelaide di Borbone-Penthièvre, Maria Cristina di Savoia, Ferdinando II di Borbone, King Carlo Alberto, Queen Maria Teresa of Habsburg and the emperors Francesco Giuseppe of Austria and Guglielmo of Germany.

The garden became famous in the first half of the 19th century for its camellias and collection of citrus fruits, which were so popular that they were regularly sent as gifts to Maria Theresa, Queen of Sardinia, and wife of Charles Albert of Savoy.

But in the last years of the Second World War, German troops equipped it with defensive works to control the coast and the Leira and Cerusa valleys. While the trenches are no longer visible, lookout and shelter bunkers are still present." I rambled about the history of the building.

"Wow you really know much about this." Daniel smiled.

"I saw it today while doing research, but I didnt think it would be right here. Sorry for rambling." I mumbled an apology.

"I find it really interesting." He reassured me and we walked a bit over the property.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 5.4K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...
3.4M 81.5K 72
"The only thing i want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over." "Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that." ✼...
80.4K 2.1K 16
Cassie slapped the back of Lewis' head hard enough to make him groan. "What the--" Cassie took in a deep breath. "Oh, did I hurt you? I am really not...
451K 6.6K 86
The man that I thought I hated. Was now holding my waist and I was sat before him in a quite compromising position. "You know Lando can't give you w...