Can you feel my heart?

By eedahhtea

COMPLETED ✅ A girl who doesn't feel any emotion at all. She cannot cry, she cannot smile,she cannot laugh,s... More

Prologue
Blank canvas 📋
Encounter 💕
Therapy 🩺❤️‍🩹
Proposal💍
Acceptance✨💫
Marriage💍💘
Cold shoulders❄️
Morning sky 🌌
Friends🌸
Endearment💖
Missing Mode❣️
Worried💔
Mad at me?
Shy🦋
Smile💓
Bonus chapter:Fateema &Ahmad
Helpless!
Date💐
Confession🎀
Trust🥀
Possessive❤️‍🔥
Ruin our friendship💔
Husband appreciation♥️
The shirt,the scrub🧬and the unlicensed doctor 🩺
Kidnapped➖
Kidnapped:Sacred▪️.
Kidnapped:Glimpse!
Kidnapped:Found you🤍
Chapter 31
Nightmare🌑
The patter of tiny feet🌻
Happy ❤️
Love🌹
Happy couple 🌺
Amira
Not usual ☘️
Once my fiancée 🚩
Past:Caught
Past:Nameez Zaeem!
Past:Sadist
Past:Crimson
Past:Torture
Past:Long for that feeling to not feel at all
Past:It doesn't matter now!
Finally
Chapter 48
Triplet |||
Death
After years
A day at the hospital 👒
Till Eternity ♾
Author
New Book:Love is rarely a choice!
No One Knows!

I am not your test subject 🧪

334 57 32
By eedahhtea

"I informed Ahmad about the therapy session,but he said he won't be able to make it"
Hameed cloaked in his usual blue hospital scrub explained to Asma as they walked into his office.

They decided to hold the therapy session today as a result of Asma's lectures not holding,so they grabbed the opportunity.

"Maybe he's busy with the industry"Asma chimed making her self comfortable at one of the sofas in his office.

"Exactly!he mentioned something about industry ".Hameed uttered dealing some code on the telephone then led it to his ears

"Be right in my office, London"

"Yes sir"London's voice came from the other side. Hameed circled around the office desk then made his way to the office sofa ,he sat beside Asma and faced her.

"This is a pulse wristwatch, I want you to monitor the rate in which your heart beat in any situation okay?"He fished out a small size of watch from his scrub's pocket as he explained.
He then added
"It will help you differentiate between the way your heart beat at different senecrious,it will help you detect changes in the emotional state as well as behavioral responses. If you get any problem with detecting changes or differentiating the rate in which your heart beat inform me I will help with that insha Allah "

Asma nodded her head then stretched out her hand attempting to collect the pulse wristwatch,but Hameed didn't give it out and asked

"May I?" Without waiting for her response he gently picked up her hand in his,he pushed the hem of her Abaya but before he got the chance to see her wrist she quickly pulled it away and collected the wristwatch.

"I will put it myself" she said squeezing it into her bag and pulled the hem of her abaya down even more.

Hameed looked at her with a questioning look 'Why's she suddenly secure about her wrist,ahh!it makes sense now she's always clad in baggy clothes at home and whenever we're going out she wears abaya that has long sleeves.Asma was always open with her things,so why now?why does it feel like she's hiding something."He looked at her again with questioning eyes.

He was about to question her when a knock interrupted.
"Come in London"
London got in closing the door behind him.
"Good morning sir"He greeted Hameed with a light bow and his eyes slightly trained to the figure beside his boss 'Ehh I've never seen boss with any woman,apart from his mom
or sister,so this one who is she,ah isn't she that girl from that therapy session?' Hameed cut off London's thoughts with his reply

"Morning London,How are you?"London quickly looked away stammering along the way as he was caught staring.

"I am fine sir" Hameed looked at him with a pointed look then turned to Asma

"Asma this my medical assistant London,London this is my wife Asma". He introduced.London's eyes widen and he quickly docked his head down

"G..good morning madam"he stuttered

"Morning London"she replied. Clearing his throat Hameed started to explain to London on what to do.

"I want to file a new medical report for Asma,so we're going to conduct everything from the scratch "London nodded his head as he collected the old file from Hameed's hand.

"Prepare the MRI,CT scan and also the medical room"
"Sir How about the hypnotherapy you told me earlier"London reminded

"Oh yeah about that,also prepare the room"
Hameed slipped his hands into his pants pocket and then turned around to Asma.

"Asma you're going to follow London to conduct the MRI and the CT scan okay?" Asma nodded then stood to her feet after keeping her bag on the sofa.

"London, ask Nadia to be the lead in this and she should print out the results and send it to my office as soon as she finishes" London answered with a yes then walked out together with Asma.

The MRI didn't take long as they recently started the hypnotherapy. Asma sipped some greenish liquid and laid back on the chaise lounge folding her hands on top of her belly as Hameed instructed from where he sat by her side on a slipper chair.

Hypnotherapy room.

"Take a deep breath and close your eyes"Asma did as he said.
"What did you see?" He asked when he saw her relaxed.
Her faint voice came
"Darkness" Hameed kept the file in his hands on the coffee table beside him and concentrated all his attention to her.

"Okay I want you to like fall asleep but don't fall deep,it will feel like a dream but it is not,so welcome the darkness Asma then search for the light" she hummed as a response

"Don't bother yourself with things that surround your outer self but concentrate on things within you. Travel to your mind,have a tour inside and seek for answers. Don't forget to breath and don't loose yourself in seeking answers " Hameed explained at the same time warning her.His voice sounded faint to her ears as she already slipped into the realm of her subconscious mind abandoning her conscious mind.

Her mind....
What an odd realm of the subconscious. Asma looked at the endless yet vast surroundings of her mind. 'It felt warm' she voiced out looking at the beautiful flowers around,her eyes soon widen when she saw the flowers withering away ,turning lifeless each second.A scream caught her attention,she turned her head at the direction where she heard the painful cries but her eyes widen further as she came into contact with her doppelgängers . Asma's first doppelgänger was bonded with chains restricting her to move,she looked haggard,her hair white-silver which looked dirty,her body covered with her own dried blood and scars all over it. The other one sat on a chair dressed up in a beautiful gown with her black hair up in a ponytail reading a book with a smile pasted on her lips and surrounded with beautiful flowers . 'Help!!free me please' the scarred girl squawked gaining Asma's attention.

"Which one is the real me"Asma asked herself as she hypnotically made her way to the haggard girl...but before she made contact with her.

PS: This is not some kind of weird things, Hypnosis is purely natural state that allows direct access to the subconscious mind.Under ordinary conditions a person may be unconscious of ever having been locked in a closet as a child; yet under hypnosis he may recall the experience vividly.

She severely gasped in terror as she opened her eyes to the outer world, she hurriedly sat properly her breath coming out in frantic. Hameed worried face came into view with him a glass of water,he sat beside her rubbing her back to calm her down.

"Are you okay" He asked his voice coated with concern. She faintly nodded still gasping.
"Hey Asma try to breathe okay?" He encouraged still rubbing her back.

"Inhale and then exhale slowly okay?" He instructed as she follows,finally she got her breathing under control after that Hameed passed her the glass of water which she gulped at one go. After she calmed down Hameed decided to ask

"Did you saw something?that made you terrified"She squinted her eyes a little bit and looked away,her mind going back to what her subconscious mind showed her

"Nothing,it was just blank"she lied,Hameed didn't buy her lie and ask again.
"Then what was the gasping for" she quickly said
"I forgot to breathe"Hameed made an attempt to question her again when she cut him off
"I saw nothing,I really saw nothing" she emphasized which made Hameed to almost buy her words but decided against it when he the look her eyes held. 'She definitely saw something her eyes said so but she's trying to reject it'

"Alright since you said so,let's go for the next test"He stood up to feet 'since you didn't voice it out,next test will make you'.

They silently walked to the medical room where a bed was prepared together with other necessities. Nadia the nurse who was in charge of Asma's CT scan and MRI was inside the room arranging the heart monitor.
"Dr.Hameed"she greeted with a nod when they got in.He returned her greeting with a nod too.

"Nadia,is everything ready?"
"Yes Doctor, all that remains is for us to start the intravenous therapy ". Asma change into the hospital gown her hijab still intact after she got out from the bathroom inside the medical room.

Hameed gestured Asma to get herself laid on the bed,which she did. Nadia brought the cannula with other items and set to work,she picked Asma's wrist to look for a vein,she started to pull her sleeve off when Asma pulled her hand away. Nadia looked back to Hameed face which held a questioning look. He walked towards the bed and said

"Asma give out your wrist please"Asma glanced sideways not replying him. When he saw this he turned to Nadia

"Nadia excuse us please" Nadia nodded with smile and walked out. He picked the container that held the equipments and stood beside her
.
"Asma give me your wrist" she kept quiet. Releasing a sigh he used his hand and turned her chin to face him,he loomed down his face so close to her,his emerald green eyes held the look of seriousness.

"Asma give me your wrist this moment,or I will seal that mouth of yours with mine"He shamelessly warned,she looked at him her hazel eyes burning into his.

"Your threats won't work on me"she said trying to get rid of his hold,but he clasped it firmly yet softly.

A smirk palpably made it way to his lips. "Really!then how about a stripe show" she raised her brow,obviously doubtful at his claims "you wouldn't" her voice pitched a little high to sound like a question rather than a statement.

"Try me"Hameed whispered slowly to her ear ,his other hand traveled to the hem of her hospital gown.

She felt her heart began to pace harder now as she belatedly registered that he really meant it and it was not duly because of his words but the sensation his touch caused on her skin .

"Hold on" she incoherently said. Hameed stopped his movement and then said
"Your wrist" when he saw her pale hand in his view he withdrew his body and stood right.

He gently grabbed her hand in his and slowly raised the sleeve of her gown to her elbow. His emerald green eyes turned wide when they came in to contact with obvious brutal scars that her arm possessed,he took the other one and saw the same.He raised his eyes from her hand and looked at her, his gaze searching her face. "Where did you get them"

"I don't know,I couldn't remember"she said looking away. His fingers silently traced the scars on her pale smooth skin which made her flinch. He quickly withdrew his hand when he saw that.

"Does it hurt?Why're you insecure about it?" He questioned

"No it doesn't,I don't know,I don't know anything,my instinct just told me to just hide them"

"Did you have phobia of needles"he asked which she nodded no

Hameed released a long sign and then looked back to her 'she won't voice out her thoughts,why are so strong head Asma', he picked up the cannula and gently inserted into the vein he found and set everything then hook her up to an IV

"Asma relax okay? Free everything,everything". He injected some fluid into the drip and then adjusted her cannula. He found a seat by the bed side and sat.

"How are you feeling now?"he asked when he saw the barbiturates started to take effect on her. Her eyes started to drop about to fall asleep

"Hameed" her slowed voice called,Uhmm he answered scrunching close to her and held her hand gently rubbing it.

"Weak!my body is getting weak"
"Shhh,I know dear calm down okay?and just go with the flow" he cajoled her. Hameed waited for some minutes after the barbiturates took a whole effect on her then started to question her.

"Asma"he gently called. She incoherently hummed with her eyes closed.

"Tell me about what you saw earlier"He questioned attentively looking at her face with held a deep frown.

  "I saw h..i saw nothing"She started which made Hameed to narrow his eyes with anticipation but it quickly vanished as he heard her remaining words.

That's how it went for 1hour,him asking her questions which she replied back with a hum or brush it away.

The intravenous therapy session was a total failure.There was a thick knot between Hameed's brows as he pulled out the cannula from her arm,he dusted off the blood that oozed out with a disinfected cotton wool after that he picked up her limp body and transferred her to a wheelchair which he wheeled to his office lounge. He tucked her under the duvet and kissed her forehead then walked back to his office. 

|||
  'Asma you're hiding too much things and I wonder why you're not letting it out. You don't bother yourself with things before ,then why are you bothering yourself now. I think I have to pause this therapy for sometime. I will find another way without using these tests. These tests!!they're triggering something which I have not prepared for'He pinched the space between his brows to ease the deep frown that glazed his face.

He grabbed Asma's red new file which Nadia kept after finalizing the results.

Everything looked the same regarding her condition except for certain two words that his eyes came across 'Canities Subita' the frown which has subsided graced his face again at full force. 'What!'he exclaimed flipping to the next page which held the full explanation.

A sample of her hair was examined,series of questions were asked and her age concluded that the result was that she developed canities subita due to the trauma she suffered from.

Hameed picked up the file and walked out of the office.His was clouded with anger as he banged into Dr.Amir's office,the sound of a bone breaking was heard all over the office when Hameed's fist came into contact with Amir's face.

"What the hell Hameed!!!" Amir raged as he stumbled back into his chair.

"The Hell is you Amir!!" Hameed's voice thunder and grabbed Amir by his collar punching him again which caused the side of his lips to split.

Amir groaned and evaded the next punch Hameed was trying to make,He used his hands and rough fully pushed Hameed away from him.

"Tell me Hameed what honor did I get to receive your legendary punch this morning" Amir taunted and spitted out the blood in his mouth.

"Your MRI results of that patient was never complete,she suffered from canities sabita but you sealed it!!" Hameed roared

"You're taking it too personal Hameed,why are you so attached to that damn girl if I may ask"

Hameed was beyond enraged as how Amir nonchalantly addressed his wife. Anger was flashing through his eyes as he glared at him

"She's my wife not a damn girl Amir"
Amir click his tongue making a clang sound,his face feigned with an innocent look.

"Oh what a pity !!I didn't expect you to go for broken things,you surely have a bad taste Hameed"Hameed's orbs redden from excessive anger,he clenched his hands so hard that they turned whitish due to absences of blood circulation. He doesn't want to punch him again in other to avoid further damage ,if not for that ,he would've beaten him black and blue.

"I dare you...I dare to say another word about her"Hameed warned which made Amir to paused his mockery talks.

"I didn't file that result because it would borden me,and I don't want to add her more stress as she's already a mess,and remember there is no medication for canities sabita unless you want her to dye her hair" He said it with an emotionless and impressive tone as if it wasn't a big deal at all.
His expression set Hameed's heart ablaze that made him to grab Amir by his collar again and punched his face till his nose bled.

His breathing came in sharp and rapid pants as Amir jerked away from his hold. He touched his bloody nose and hissed from the pain. Amir released the most agonizing laugh

"You're a mess Hameed, You know why?" Amir with his half broken nose pointed his forefinger towards Hameed who stood there observing the maniac before him.

"Because you're trying to accept the girl who doesn't know how to love,you're going to spend your whole life with an unrequited love"

"And also in jail as I am going to sue you for ruining my face" he added with a creepy smile
A sound which seemed to be half snort and half laugh was Hameed's immediate response to Amir's threat

"And I am gonnah sue you for sealing a red file patient's result" After he added he made his way out

Amir called out from his seat as he heard the click of a door closing.

"Let's see who will get out of this".

|||
At the lounge,Asma who was still unconscious was finally waking to her senses. She heard the sound of cluttering metal and the running of water in the basin. Her eyelashes fluttered,and she slowly opened her eyes to a hazy white ceiling above her. She blinked her eyes a few times and weakly moved her irises to look around 'Where am I?' She thought. Pushing herself with both her hands to sit up,her eyes focused slowly, from a blurry image she saw it was someone in front of the basin in the bathroom which door was wide opened. She steadied her feet on the floor and got up to stand but she wobbled back. Her body still has the effect of the barbiturates as she still felt weak.

    "Did I wake you up" Hameed said closing the bathroom door behind him. She nodded her head to him her eyes traveling to his knuckles that evidently looked swollen and red with little bruises. He swiped his hand into his scrub pocket when he felt her scrutinizing gaze. 

     "My apologies, I forgot to close the door behind,do you still feel weak?" He asked and sat beside her. Asma nodded again and leaned back to the bed board as she felt dizzy.

    "Don't worry the effect would soon wire out insha Allah" he replenished the glass cup that was on the bedside table with mineral water and passed it to her,

     "Here,drink it up"
she weakly accepted the water and gulped it down and it somehow made her feel better.

     "I want to ask you something about your hair and.."he started but her weak yet firm voice cut him off.

      "Did you by any chance remove my hijab?"she narrowed her eyes at him,her hands checking  the pins on her hijab whether it's intact or not.

    "No..no I didn't"he slurred defending him self,him stammering earned him another squinted eyes.

    "Trust me I didn't,I read it in your new file that Nadia finalized,you're suffering from canities subita." He explained and from the look of her eyes he could see that she didn't understand the term 'canities subita'

       "Your hair is white in color right?". She broke the gaze and nodded her head

       "Can I see it?" He enthusiastically asked shifting more to where she sat,she gave him a dull look and made no attempt of unpinning her hijab.

        "Please,it's not like I am not your maharam" He pleaded giving her a poppy look.
She released a tired sigh and started to unpin the hijab,she finally removed the last cloth that covered her head,her beautiful silver-white hair cascaded down to her shoulders and reached to her waist making a pool on the sheets of the bed.

Hameed who witnessed the scene at a slow motion pace stared at her hair in a stupor,he was like hypnotized by the beauty of her silver-white hair. 'Masha Allah!! It's not full white like I expected it to be ,it's like the color of a silver-white pearl,shiny and silky'he dazedly stretched his hand out and touched her hair 'and smooth too!!' He added feeling the texture.

     "Why do you always cover your hair in front of me,it is so beautiful please don't cover it anymore okay?allow me to admire it" He said digging his fingers more massaging her scalp which she closed her eyes liking the feeling.

    "Let me examined it please" he uttered advancing towards her with his other hand

"I am not your test subject Mr.Hameed" she mumbled out weakly her eyes lazily dropped at the process.

"Oh s..sorry, let me take a look at it then" Hameed changed his choice of words not wanting her to refuse. Asma let him do his work as she lackadaisically leaned on the pillow.

He checked her hair follicles,hair bulb,dermal papilla, Arrestor Pili Muscle and Sebaceous Glands. 'All seemed well, the question here is when did she developed this syndrome,I will have talk to Ahmad about it' Hameed thought
"Pin back your hijab,we're going home".

|||
It was after isha prayer that they got home. Asma prayed the prayers she missed because of the effect of the barbiturates and set dinner. Hameed came back from masjid and they silently ate their dinner,they washed the dishes together then set to bed.

"I want you to stop the therapy session" she uttered sotto voce

"Why" he scrunched closer to her

"Bring only my emotions back not something else, it was like things that doesn't bother me before does now"she said turning her body to the other side which she came face to face with him. Their faces were just centimeter inch away

"Did something happened,did you feel any change" Hameed moved closer to her making his cologne to hit her nostrils. She tried to turn away but his strong arms nudged her closer,scooting her into his arms.

"Tell me Asma" He pushed his breath hitting her face and the rim of their noses touched.His emerald green orbs looked darker with the presence of only the bedside lamp light

"You haven't told me what your subconscious mind showed you up till now,Asma did you not see anything"he asked again she parted her lips which earned him to smell her minty breath,he closed his eyes resisting himself from kissing her.

"I want the emotions back but not with what it will bring" he ponder over her words for some seconds'How did she knows that' then he said
"You certainly usually find something,if you look,but it's not quite something you were after. We're looking for your emotions but we might not have it back without something tailing behind." He then raised his hand tucking the piece of her hair behind her ear .

"If you want something,you've got to take action and be willing to manage the risks that come with it. Asma don't restrict your self from the changes you feel,accept it and just go with the flow."Without waiting for her reply he mumbled out

"come on let's get some sleep.we have a busy day ahead of us ' he circled his arms firmly around her waist not wanting her to squirmed away,this made her head to lay on his hard chest.He kissed her hair then placed his chin on top of head patting her head gently .

'At least for once show me your true self'

Okay.. okay okay okay! This is the longest chapter I've ever written,so please enjoy and support this little writer by voting and commenting.
Salam alaikum,Hi,Hello.
Finally Asma have an inkling to her past,so now we're stopping their therapy and focus on their relationship. So stay tuned because next chapter is going to be wondrous!!!!🤯😉
Adious💃🏻👋
Title of the next chapter:Endearment 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545 38 11
"And of His signs is that He has created wives for you from yourselves that you might find quiet of wind in them, and He put between you love and aff...
667 351 31
"why did you call me moon?" she asked me "When people look at the moon they feel peace but when I see you then I feel PEACE " I replied looking at...
436K 27K 56
#1 in #muslim 12 Aug, 2021 #4 in #islam 29 May, 2021 #7 in #Allah 4 May, 2021 #8 in spiritual 15,16,17 September 2016 Thanks for stoppi...
147K 7.8K 45
A Crush. The word brings the meaning clearly. It crushes you at the end. And Aisha was a victim to this 'crush'. She adored the guy and was head over...