❛Reminiscence❜ ─ Harry Potter...

By pxrfectly_sxrene

Reminiscence || noun [reh-muh-nis-uhns] A story told about a past event remembered by the narrator. A collect... More

»Author's Note«
»Achievements«
✨ Out of Hell
♥ The Blackboard - Scorily
♥ Honey - Hinny
♥ Stronger - Scorily
♠They DID it!
♥ Heart's Desire - Hinny
★ Furry Pawter ~ AU Humor
★ I Solemnly Swear I am in Trouble
♦ The Halloween Party
• My Padfoot, My Hero
♦ Sky of Grey
♥ If You Love Her - Hinny
♥ They Don't Know About Us - Scorily
★ Corridor Gone Wrong
♦ The Cheer of Christmas
★ Charming Smile
♦ Dumbledore's Hospitality
✨ I Found Love Where It Wasn't Supposed To Be
✨ Never Not Mine
♥ My Puff [Y/N × R. Weasley]
♪ Ruddy Birthday, Ron!
★ Hot-Dead
♦ One Night, Under The Stars
★ F, G & J : 1. The First Fiasco
✨ Just Like Old Times
★ Why is Going Out of Your House A Hard Task?
♥ Harry Potter's Fanfiction - Hinny
♥ Reality. Fantasy. - Hinny Drabble
• The Night Of Change - Drabble
♦ Heart Locked With Worry
♦ Being Rescued By My Hero
♥ The Cursed Boon - Romione
✨ Wildflowers: A Nostalgic Gift

★ Smartplanet?

138 13 59
By pxrfectly_sxrene

Preface:
This story takes place after the war. This is a story of humor but canon ships appear.

It was a fine sunny day. Harry Potter was peacefully flipping through a document containing names of arrested Death Eaters.

It was now a year after the war had passed and those who passed on fighting would always be remembered. The existence of a hole in everyone's heart was beginning to patch up. Although Harry was the Chosen One, he knew that many other people suffered more than he did.

The Weasleys were the first family which came to his mind. The family which gave their all to support a stranger who was orphaned. The family who lost a treasure just because they fought for what was right. Harry sighed, rubbing his throbbing temples.

A beep sounded and a small smile appeared on his pale face. He had brought a smartphone for the Weasleys - especially for Ginny but don't let them know that - in order to communicate with them in case of any emergency. The enchanted mirror that Sirius had lent him sure was useful but Harry thought that since muggle technology fascinated Mr Weasley so much, why not get them a phone?

He ruffled through his robe pockets and took out the sleek smartphone that he brought for himself. It showed a notification so he unlocked it to take a view. To his annoyance it was a recharge message. Why are the telecom people so money-minded? After all, he still had five more days to go before the talktime would end. He placed the phone on the table after deleting the message only to hear the ringtone beep again. Taking a guess that it was another spam message he left it unattended that is until the beep sounded yet again and started buzzing continuously. His colleagues were staring at him oddly.

"Umm, sorry," Harry apologized before picking the phone up. There were five messages from the Weasleys! They read:

djlajdjaldbmaodhamosksnsn

Ron small food no

skoajdmaljdkals

I hay and Harry

Hooda moo

To say that Harry Potter was confused was an understatement. He was beyond confusion. What happened to them? Did someone attack them and they are sending sos? Panicking, he dialed their number. The ring rang for several agonizing seconds but no one picked. He dialed again in vain. Thinking quickly, he texted:

Ginny? Is everything alright?

He received not text but a call. However, it seemed that the Weasleys were video calling him. He looked around and found his colleagues shooting him dirty looks. Giving them an apologetic smile, he left the cabin and walked to the canteen.

When he picked the call, all hell broke loose.

"Dad!"

"No what are you doing?!"

"What?"

"What?"

"No I said what?"

"No I did!"

"Guys, what on Merlin's soggy left sock are you doing?!"

"This smartplanet is fascinating!"

"Dad, you are on mall!"

"Mall?"

"No it's call, you idiots!"

"We ain't as smart as you are, Granger."

"Umm, guys, hello?" Harry tried but the shouting on the other end was too loud for them to hear his feeble, embarrassed voice. The ones in the canteen were watching him with disgust.

"Even though he is Harry Potter, he must not behave like this in public," one of the diner said. Harry scratched his neck. Finally he saw something on the screen. It was red. Of course he would see red in a family of redheads!

"UGHHH! RUDDY HELL!" his best friend's voice rang out and Harry quickly pressed his phone to his chest in order to muffle the incoming swears. With another apologetic smile, he rushed to the atrium of the ministry and stood by an apparition corner.

"Ron!" he hissed.

"Yikes! I heard your name Ron!" Ginny's all too familiar voice screamed. As much as Harry wanted to chuckle at her eagerness, he put on a face of stern expression only to face a blob of red. The screen shook violently before Harry found himself staring at the ceiling of the house which had some cracks. 'Oh dear Merlin, why am I even in call?' thinking that, Harry decided to end the chaos by ending the call it self.

"Hi guys, bye guys!" Harry shouted at the phone then pressed the damned red button which ended the mayhem causing problem. He wiped his sweaty brow with his hanky as he made his way back to his office, wondering why on earth he never thought of ending the call sooner. Guess he really was an idiot like everyone loved to call him.

Few minutes into lunch after a long morning, Harry found his phone beeping with messages. Annoyed not for the first time, he picked it up and found that Ginny had texted him. . .well, she had tried to. It read:

Azzi% Hat punch ngry?! ~Gijju 😠

Harry blinked once. He blinked twice. Then thrice. Everyone looking at him would have probably considered him as a gaping fool. 'Azzi? When on earth did she give me a new nickname? What's with the percentage? Hat? What hat? I never stole her hat! Or. . . Does she want me to buy her a hat? Maybe a flowery one? Punch me? Er? Oh man, I am never going to understand the next word it seems Gobbledegook to me. . . Hungry? Angry? Gulp, it'd better be the former. . . Can't have that fiery witch's temper tantrum. . . For Merlin's sake, she kept herself an even more bizarre nickname!'

And so with such thoughts and a looming fear of angering his girlfriend, he Apparated home, a new flowery hat tucked in a neatly wrapped package in his bag. The delicious aroma of dinner greeted his nostrils and mustering up all of his courage he rapped his knuckles on the wooden door. After some hustle bustle, the door opened to reveal his best friend, Hermione.

"Welcome back, Harry," she greeted him with a hug. Harry hugged her back then smiled in greeting as he entered the room full of bright faces of his family smiling at him. There was one person missing - his favourite redhead.

"Had a good day?" Mr Weasley asked with a sympathetic smile.

"Good day? Dad he just had to work on a Sunday and it's Christmas Eve Sunday no less!" George piped in. Ron snorted in agreement and the others chuckled.

"He shouldn't have put off those ruddy paperwork for Ginny. Oh come on, mate why'd you even do that?! You know Robards eats our heads off if we don't complete those nasty things!" Ron argued but before Harry could even open his mouth, Mrs Weasley burst in.

"Oh let the poor boy breathe, Ronald! Harry dear, perhaps you can freshen up. Dinner will be set in a few minutes," she said gently. Harry smiled and on his way upstairs, hugged her. "Oh and Ginny must be in her room, dear."

Molly Weasley understood everyone like the back of her hand and Harry still felt shocked to find that she knew more about him than he even did about himself. Nevertheless, he stopped by the first floor landing after he washed up and got dressed in casual clothes in Ron's room. The package was tucked under his arm as he knocked on the door, feeling anxious.

The door opened seconds later to reveal the bright face of Ginny Weasley. When she saw it was him, she smiled and pecked his cheek, increasing his confusion. 'Wasn't she angry with me for ending the call?' was the first thought which ran through his puzzled mind but before he could ponder the meaning of the angry emoji, he was dragged into the room.

Her room looked just as it did always. It wasn't overly clean nor was it completely messy. Two beds were standing instead of one and Harry could easily differentiate between the one which Ginny used and the one which Hermione used. The latter was made properly and the former was messy. The desk was loaded with piles of books but the magical photograph of Ron, Hermione, Ginny and himself on the Hogwarts grounds caught his eye. He smiled softly before snapping back to the reality because of a searing pain in his arm. Ginny had hit him. Hard.

"Ow! What was that for?!" he scowled, rubbing his arm with his free hand.

"Are you forever going to stare at my room?" Ginny asked, hands on her hips and a frown on her face. Harry grinned before cupping her face with the same free hand and gently massaging her cheek.

"I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted."

"No, I did not mean for that," Harry scratched his neck when Ginny glared at him. "Umm. . .here you go!" he hastily handed the package to her. Her eyes widened at it and a small blush rose on her cheeks. She pulled back from him and stared it with wide eyes.

"I-you don't have to buy me a gift for that, Harry. . ." she mumbled, looking embarrassed. "Am I that scary? Or a heartbreaker that I would leave you just because you were looking at my room?"

Harry laughed out loud before stopping himself. "Nah, you asked for it so here." He offered the present again but this time he pushed it into her hands. With a confused expression, she tore it open. Her expression turned even more confused.

"Er. . . thank you, Harry? I think it's lovely," Ginny said, taking the white, flowery hat out.

"I hope it is how you wanted. . ." Although awkward moments were never one in their relationship, a hat seemed to have stolen that.

"Wanted. . .?"

"Ginny! Did you forget so soon that you sent me a text during lunch?" Harry exclaimed, unable to put up with the doubts.

"I did, yeah," Ginny replied, scratching her cheek.

"You mentioned a hat. So I assumed you needed one, you know, for the Hogwarts summer or something. . ." Harry let the sentence trail as he took note of Ginny's utter confusion.

"Did I?"

"The message read: 'Azzi% Hat punch ngry?! ~Gijju 😠'. So I thought you needed a hat or else you would remain angry on me for Merlin knows what reason," Harry said, almost unsure of himself. Understanding dawned on her face before she suddenly burst out laughing. Harry's eyebrows shot up in question. Perhaps he had misinterpreted the message? He did not know.

"Oh, Harry!" Ginny exclaimed, sitting down on her bed. She patted the space beside her and Harry obliged. "There is some stupid thing that Hermione told me about. It apparently changes our words on it's wish. Er. . . I think it was called auto-artillery? Maybe that changed my words into meaningless ones. I meant, 'Harry, Had lunch? Hungry?'" she explained.

"Had. . . Oh HAD!" Harry exclaimed when he finally realized what she had sent. He hit his head. Ginny chuckled. "You aren't angry on me, right?"

Ginny shook her head. "No, you silly. Give me a reason to then I shall fulfill your wish of wanting to witness my temper."

Harry smiled at her and feigned fear. She laughed and he joined in too. "What's with the angry emoji though?" he asked after their fit of laughter ended.

"Emogee?" she asked, biting her lip. Harry nodded and showed her the angry emoji that she had sent in the text. "Oh that! I thought it was a cute one! It looked like it was blushing too!"

"Oh Merlin, save me from this girl!" Harry exclaimed dramatically, clutching his chest and looking up at the ceiling. Ginny pouted at him. "I am never, ever going to let the Weasleys have a smartphone again!"

"Smartplanet?"

"Oh yes!"

Harry had not the energy to correct the confused witch and so smartphone was left to be called as smartplanets in the Weasley household. The phase still remained and finally when it was Hermione and Ron's wedding, the Granger family were left to think, which of all the revolving, rotating and straying planets in the solar system was the smartest. It was never answered, not even by the smartest of scientists but of course, the excited Arthur Weasley had an answer.

"Harry gave us a smartplanet!"

Hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 122 18
You're in your fifth year at Hogwarts when you finally capture the heart of Fred Weasley. What follows is a tale of friendship, love, lust, grief, an...
54.9K 613 68
Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school together so they had spent a lot of their c...
644 121 39
One to defeat fear. One to discover truth. One to feel love. One to accept life. Each will bear a sword and embody the essence of Hogwarts. Together...
480K 8.6K 74
if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention. harry potter oneshots various hp x reader © akiisuh