When Paths Cross βš”οΈ (A Miracu...

By lazywriter8

Marinette wants Adrien to be happy. So when the model gets in a new relationship with his fencing partner, K... More

When Paths Cross
1. If He's Happy, She's Happy
2. Late to The Double Date
3. Last Minute Band Practice
4. Silencer 2
5. Matching Charms
6. Lovesick
7. Charity Gala- Part 1
8. Charity Gala- Part 2
9. Sightseeing
10. Cheeky Goodbyes
11. Both Sides
12. Ultimatum
13. Confessions
14. Marinette's Song
15. Love Situations
16. A Birthday Girl and Her Sad Cat
17. Red Roses and Empty Sidewalks
18. Meant To Be, or Not Meant To Be
19. Always
Other Stories

20. The Same Path

69 5 3
By lazywriter8

Five Years Later

"Happy anniversary, babe." Adrien reaches out from behind his girlfriend and hands her five, stemmed red roses. For their anniversary each year, Adrien gives her a rose for how many years they've been together. This year is five, and there'll be many, many more to come.

"Aren't you the sweet kitty," Marinette whispers, taking the flowers with a big smile. "I got you something, too..." She reaches inside her purse and turns to face him, giving him a tiny red box.

Adrien takes it. "What's this supposed to hold? The love my father has for me?"

She gasps at his joke, still unsure if she's allowed to laugh or not. "Uh..."

"It's okay, we can laugh about it now," He whispers with a chuckle.

A year ago, Marinette and Adrien discovered Hawkmoth's secret identity—Gabriel Agreste—and hatched a plan to defeat him. His evil doing was exposed to Paris and the fashion designer was arrested, spending the rest of his life rotting away in prison.

Also with the discovery of his father's secret life, Adrien also found his missing mother in the villain's lair under their house. Sadly, given the status her mental state, no earthly or magical medicine was found to cure her.

A funeral was held in Emelie Agreste's mother and her ashes were molded into a ring Adrien wears beside his miraculous.

"We must leave now if we don't want be late meeting Nathalie and my aunt," Adrien tells Marinette as he slips on a beige trench coat. He grabs the black umbrella from the stand by the front door of their apartment. "But you know what they say, old habits die hard."

"Ha ha," Marinette teases, peeking a glance in the mirror to fix her hair. "I've been getting better with my time management."

"You look beautiful." Adrien kisses her forehead and links his arm through hers, pulling her out down the front steps and to the sidewalk.

Like a magnet, their hands find each other's and their fingers interlock—a perfect match.

Ever since Gabriel Agreste was arrested, Nathalie and Amelie took over the brand and company as Co-CEOs, with Adrien's blessing, as he had given up his share of possession.

They soon reach the Agreste mansion and head inside, finding his aunt and Nathalie speaking in the foyer.

"Adrien, darling!" Amelie cheers as she approaches her nephew with a hug and kiss. "It's so good to see you."

Adrien's heart still stung whenever he saw his aunt—as she bared his mother's resemblance—but he knew it wasn't her fault.

He just missed his mother more than anything.

"Hi, Nathalie," Marinette greets as they share a hug. "I brought homemade cookies."

"You're too sweet, Marinette."

Adrien hugs Nathalie and holds her tight. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good," She answers, patting his back. "The brand is as strong as ever, especially with our new partnership coming up."

"Partnership?" He questions. "With who?"

"With us, dear cousin," Felix answers as he and Kagami walk hand in hand down the front steps. "When's the last time you turned on a TV?"

Marinette smiled at them. "Hey, Kagami! Hi, Felix."

"It's good to see you, Marinette," The dark haired girl said. "Is that a new design you're wearing?"

The pigtailed girl looks down at herself. "Oh, yes! This is a new piece of mine, coming out in my new summer line next month!" She cheers.

"Oh, you have a new fashion line, Marinette?" Amelie asks. "That's exciting!"

Adrien wraps an arm around her shoulder. "I'm very proud of my girlfriend. She's been working hard and very dedicated to her work. She's going to be the next greatest fashion designer!"

"Now you've jinxed it," Marinette jokes, giggling as Adrien nuzzles his nose against her neck.

"Actually, I'm glad you and Marinette are here," Felix says to them. "Now Kagami and I can announce our news with all of you here."

"What news?"

Kagami raises her arm, emphasizing the engagement ring on her left hand.

"Oh!" Marinette gasps with wide eyes. "This is so great! Congratulations!" She jumps on Kagami and hugs her tight. "You have to tell me how he proposed!"

"Congrats, cousin," Adrien tells him, offering his hand to shake. "You picked a good one."

"There's no... it's not..." Felix stumbles over his words, nervous now. "You're still okay with me and Kagami—"

Adrien leans forward and hugs him. "I promise, it doesn't bother me, Felix. You and Kagami are a perfect match."

"Thanks, cousin."

Marinette turns to Felix to congratulate him as Kagami and Adrien step off together.

"I'm glad you found what you were looking for, Kagami."

"Thank you, Adrien. I hope the same for you." Kagami glances over at his girlfriend. "I noticed Marinette's left hand is still bare."

Adrien reaches in his pocket and discreetly pulls out a small, red box. "Tonight's surprise."

The former model was planning to propose to his girlfriend at their special spot in front of the Eiffel Tower, where Ladybug and Cat Noir had always meet up after battle. They haven't been there in over a year, and he wanted to remove his father's stain of their favorite safe spot.

Kagami nods. "Finally. Felix and I were wondering when you'd ask her."

"I'd love to stay longer, but we have to go meet my parents at the bakery," Marinette tells everyone as she grabs Adrien's hand.

"Marinette, I'll email you with the details of my dress fitting," Kagami tells her. "After all, I need my maid of honor to help."

"You... want... me...." Marinette's eyes fill with fresh tears. "As your maid of honor?!"

She nods. "Of course. The role for my best friend."

As Marinette sobs more, Adrien rests a hand on her shoulder and starts leading her outside. "We should go before my girlfriend melts into a puddle. Are we still on for dinner tomorrow?"

Nathalie nods. "See you next time, Adrien."

Marinette and Adrien walk down the street towards her parents' bakery, hand in hand like always, and cross the street.

"Hey, isn't that Andre?" Marinette asks, pointing to an ice cream cart stationed near the park.

"Yeah, and isn't that..." Adrien squints at the crowd formed. "Luka?"

"Luka?" Marinette repeats.

On hearing his name, the blue haired musician turns around, holding two ice cream cones. He spots the pair and smiles, raising his arm to wave. "Oh, hey, you guys! Long time, no see?"

"Hey, Luka!" Adrien greets as they walk over to him. "What's it been, three years?"

"Wow, that much time has passed already?" He asks, laughing. He looks at Marinette. "It's good to see you both."

"You too," Marinette whispers.

"I see your fashion line is growing strong," Luka says. "You have a new line coming out this summer, right? I'm glad all your dreams are finally coming true, Marinette."

She nods. "Yeah, it's exciting. I've never been so happy!"

"I take it, Adrien, you don't model anymore?"

Adrien beams a smile to Marinette. "Only for my lady."

Luka glances behind him. "I'd love to stay, but if I'm gone for too long, I'll have to deal with a blonde nightmare. Cute, yes, but terrifying."

Blonde nightmare? Marinette tilts her head, confused. Who could that be?

"See you, Luka!" Adrien waves.

"Bye, Luka," Marinette says.

The two watch the blue-haired musician walk back across the street and up to a white limo. Chloe, Zoe, and Sabrina stand by the trunk.

Luka hands one ice cream cone to Zoe and Sabrina and the other to Chloe. With a smile, he bends down and kisses the fiesty blonde.

"Chloe?!" Marinette and Adrien shout in sync.

"Well, Luka's right about her being a blonde nightmare," Marinette chuckles.

Adrien smiles. "Good for them."

"Oh, we got to hurry!" Marinette freaks, checking her phone. "Of course, I'm late..."

Her boyfriend wraps an arm around her shoulder and kisses her cheek. "Don't worry, your parents will understand. They grew up with this."

Marinette turns and glances over at Luka, finding his eyes immediately. They hold eye contact. It's crazy how fate is and the way things work. I'm lucky... and forever grateful for Luka.

He put them on the same path.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.6K 60
DORBYN COMPLETED daniel was the new kid. he had just recently moved to san francisco from portland oregon. two boys in his grade immediately befriend...
76.3K 2.1K 38
marinette dupain-cheng, a girl with big dreams, hoping one day to work her way up to be a well-known fashion designer. felix agreste, a successful wo...
1M 43.7K 52
#1 Captured 16/11/2019 *COMPLETED* BOOK 3 of the BLOOD MOON PACK. Solomon Nightwalker is the brother of the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. One of the...
116K 3.1K 17
**Major credits to mariexhood for making this cover! Thank you so much, I really love it. Love you friendo.** This story was based on an idea from on...