Miracle

By Anonymystyq

Sometimes miracles come disguised as disasters to prove how blessed and loved we are. :+:+ All the due credit... More

Greetings
1
3
4

2

1.2K 88 12
By Anonymystyq

As he neared the location, he noticed the traffic had slowed down, and the sight that met him made his blood curdle, and a gasp escaped his lips.

"Oon!"

"Kong!" Arthit whipped around, trying to find his husband.

Kongpob was standing next to the upturned car, looking at it-shocked. He had not realized what he thought to be a gasp was a loud, desperate call. Frantically Kongpob turned around, looking for Arthit, and when he spotted him at the back of the ambulance a short distance away, he sprinted to reach him. The urgency that had come over him when he neared the car had made him tremble with fear, and seeing Arthit, he needed his husband in his arms first!

"Oon! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Are you bleeding? Did you hit your head?" he asked frantically, worried, cradling his face in his hands. Arthit stared back, relieved that Kongpob was here. With tears in his eyes, he just looked at his husband!

Not caring for the people around, he wrapped Arthit in his arms tightly, inhaling his scent to assure himself that his husband was alright.

"Oon! Oon!" he mumbled, and Arthit hugged him back, overwhelmed with relief. Arthit sobbed softly, as Kongpob hugged him tightly, thanking all the heavenly creatures for keeping his man safe.

"Shhhh! Shhh! It's okay! I am here. Are you alright?" Kongpob asked, looking at his face, wiping his tears. Arthit nodded, staring back with big scared doe eyes.

"Where are you hurt?"

"I was so scared, Kong! I thought I won't get to see you one last time!" Arthit mumbled, and Kongpob's heart fell to his feet. Pulling him closer, he kissed his lips hard to shut him up.

"Shhhh! Don't say that! You are safe. Now in my arms. Let's take you to the hospital first?"

Wiping his tears, he nodded. "I am okay. Just a few scrapes!"

"I understand, but it is always better to get it checked to be sure."

Turning around, he saw the paramedic was looking at them with a soft smile, so tentatively returning the smile, he sat Arthit down.

"Khun, are his vitals okay?"

"His body is in a state of shock, which is normal. A thorough check in the hospital will tell us more."

"Okay! Give me a moment, please. I will come along!" turning to Arthit, he said, "Oon get in. Let's go to the hospital first!"

"But Kong, I am alright!"

"Oon!" Kongpob said sternly, and Arthit didn't object any further.

"Oh Khun Pok, your jacket!" Arthit turned around, remembering the good Samaritan, "Kong! This is Khun Pok. He was the one who helped me out of the car and kept me company till now."

Kongpob bowed deeply to thank him.

"Thank you, Khun Pok. I can't thank you enough for your help."

"Don't worry, Khun." Pok was embarrassed by Kongpob's display of respect.

"Kong, Khun Pok said he will be my witness," Kongpob nodded.

"Please give me a moment, Khun. I will have someone accompany you to the police station," and looked around to locate if P'Dan had arrived, only to find him walking towards them hurriedly.

"Arthit, are you alright?"

"I am, P'Dan. Thank you!"

"P'Dan, this is Khun Pok. He witnessed the entire accident, and he is willing to be a witness. Please take him to the police station with you while I accompany Arthit to the hospital. Khun Pok has taken care of Arthit, so please ensure that you take good care of him and get him whatever he needs."

"Alright, Kongpob. Leave the rest to me. You make sure Arthit is alright first. Do you want to go in the car to the hospital?"

"No! In case Arthit feels sick, someone will be there to attend to him immediately, at least," he replied, worried, and seeing Kongpob's fear, Dan nodded in understanding.

Kongpob then turned again to Pok, and handing him his business card, bowed deeply again to thank him.

"Khun Pok, this is my card. Please call me if you ever need anything. Anything at all! Whenever you feel the need. I will never forget the person who helped my husband. So please, if ever I get a chance to repay your kindness, I will be thankful for that opportunity," Kongpob urged earnestly, and Pok was shaken by the depth of his feelings. All he could do was nod mutely.

"P'Dan will take care of everything and accompany you to the police station. Thank you so much for everything you have done. I can't thank you enough!"

"Thank you for your help K'Pok," Arthit smiled softly, and flustered Pok could only smile back. Who did he end up helping, Pok wondered? They were so kind and polite.

"Hello, Khun Pok! I am Dan Singkharawas. I am the personal assistant to Khun Kerklai Suttilak of Siam Polymers. I will accompany you to the police station. Please give me a moment while I arrange for the car to be towed to the garage."

While Dan dealt with the logistics, Arthit was helped into the ambulance, where Kongpob joined him and sat wrapping his arm around his husband's shoulder.

"If you feel uncomfortable or any discomfort, you will have to tell us immediately," Kongpob instructed, and Arthit nodded as he sat tensely next to his husband. He hated the idea of going to the hospital, but he knew he had to get a thorough check-up to ensure he was alright. What he experienced today showed him how fleeting and precious life is, and he wanted to be around for a long time and live a long, fulfilling life with Kongpob and the people he loved.

Kongpob was seriously worried even though he kept a stoic face. He didn't want Arthit to be any more stressed than he already was. The thoughts ricocheting through his head were scary, and he was trying his best to keep them in check!

What if Arthit was injured internally? What would the tests show? Though he tried his best to not show his fear, he felt a tight band constricting his heart with worry. The sense of dread that had him in its grip since he had heard about the accident was making it impossible for him to relax or breathe. He had to get Arthit to the hospital first. 

Seeing the car toppled like that had shocked him. He knew Arthit was a cautious and safe driver. For a sports car to topple at average speed was baffling him. He had so many questions, but he didn't want to bother Arthit with those now. Getting Arthit to the hospital was his priority. Nothing could be more important than Arthit's safety.

Holding his hand, he was squeezing it tight, unaware of his action, and Arthit understanding his fears, gripped his hands just as tightly.

When they reached the hospital, Arthit was taken into the emergency, and thankfully the department was relatively empty, hence there was no unnecessary delay.

Over the next two hours, Arthit was tested, and the entire time Kongpob felt like his heart was in his mouth. Arthit being the brave trooper, tried to smile and cheer Kongpob while going through the battery of tests. Kerklai and Apinya had reached the hospital, so having them around was a big support to Kongpob. Arthit, on the other hand, was feeling bad about worrying his family members so much. Seeing Apinya's gray pallor, Arthit held her close, assuring her he was okay.

After what felt like hours, the doctor came and gave them the good news that everything with Arthit was indeed alright, did the family heave a sigh of relief. Apinya hugged Arthit and sobbed pitifully, relieved that he was alright, while Kerklai too wrapped his arm around his sobbing wife and son-in-law. 

The relief that swept through Kongpob was enormous. Like his mom, he too wanted to hold his husband and break down but held back. He had to stay strong now. For Arthit! He had been through something traumatic and life-altering. He couldn't break down now. He had to be there for Arthit.

While Arthit calmed Apinya, Kongpob excused himself.

"Umm, Mae I will go and inform Por and Mae about Oon's accident. I don't want the news to reach them through another source," he said, referring to informing Arthit's parents.

Arthit smiled weakly and nodded.

Kongpob's phone rang. It was Kannika. Upon receiving, he heard even Kanchana on the phone, and after assuring his frantic sisters that Arthit was alright, he rang off saying he wanted to inform Arthit's parents.

Unfortunately for them, they couldn't go back home immediately. Arthit had to give his statement at the police station.

"Oon, Kong, please come home and sleepover tonight," Apinya requested, and seeing the fear and worry in her eyes, both nodded.

"We will head home once we finish giving the statement," Kongpob assured.

On the drive to the police station, Kongpob sat close to Arthit, wrapping his arm around his shoulder. Even though the doctor had cleared Arthit medically, the dread was still heavy. Had anything gone wrong, Arthit could have been grievously injured or worse. Thinking about this, his heart raced, and he squeezed Arthit's shoulder in worry.

"Kong! I am okay! Please, don't be worried."

"Hmmm! You should call Por and Mae!" Arthit nodded, and Kongpob called from his phone. After a teary conversation during which Arthit managed to convince his parents that he was fine and not to drive down this late in the evening to visit him. Assuring his parents that he will stay with his in-laws, Arthit hung up.

"They must be terrified," Kongpob commented, and Arthit nodded.

"Kong! What about the car?"

"It must have been taken to the garage, Oon. Let's take a call about what needs to be done later. I want you to focus on yourself."

After finishing the formality at the police station which had thankfully mostly been handled by Dan, the tired couple went back home only to be waited on by Apinya. She had ensured there was food prepared that would soothe Arthit and flitted around like a mother hen until both were well-fed.

When Apinya had gone into the kitchen, Kerklai spoke in hushed tones to the boys.

"Arthit! Are you sure you are alright? I just saw the over-turned car picture."

"What? How? How is it on SNS?"

"Someone recognized you and clicked a picture, and now that is making rounds of the internet."

"Shit! Kong! If my parents and grandparents see them, they will freak out! Has Mae seen it?" Arthit asked Kerklai, worried.

"I don't think so. But I don't know if I can stop this news from reaching her. Arthit, son, are you sure you are alright?" Seeing the worry marring his face hurt Arthit. He looked at Kongpob for support.

"Por, you were there. The doctors have done all the relevant tests. You ensured that you spoke to the hospital chief to ensure he gets the best care. Please don't worry. If anything is wrong, Arthit will let us know immediately."

Kerklai nodded thoughtfully.

"And please tell mom to stay away from social media, at least for tonight. I will talk to Por Ram and give him a heads up."

Finally, the boys retired to Kongpob's old room that now had been turned into their spare bedroom in their second home. Arthit, after a quick shower, retired first, and by the time Kongpob came out of the shower, Arthit was fast asleep.

Kongpob sat by his side, looking at Arthit sleeping peacefully. Arthit was out like a light, and Kongpob was thankful for that. He was worried that the shock of the accident might affect him and his sleep, but he seemed too tired and fatigued.

Kongpob had no idea how long he sat there looking at his husband's cherubic face. But the thoughts that accompanied him in the dimly lit room gave rise to panic suddenly. What if Arthit was seriously injured? The accident was no joke. The thought scared him witless, and he scooted closer to lean in to hear the sound of Arthit's breathing. Seeing the gentle rise and fall of his chest should have assured him, but that was not enough.

The urgency that he felt was palpable, and he needed reassurance that Arthit was alright. Laying next to him, he rubbed his fingertips on Arthit's face, calling him gently.

"Oon! Oon!" he whispered. He didn't want to wake Arthit, but he needed to see Arthit's eyes open. He needed consolation that Arthit was safe.

Arthit stirred and opened his eyes. His eyes stared into his soul, and Kongpob heaved a sigh of relief. Putting his forehead against his, he murmured, "Thank god! Thank god you are alright! Thank god!"

His voice cracked, and he gave in to the tears that came. Seeing Kongpob in this state, Arthit realized his husband was holding in his stress and fears. He wrapped his arms tightly around him and pulled him closer to his body as he let him cry. Hearing Kongpob break, pushed Arthit over the edge too, and both stayed wrapped in each other's arms, weeping softly.

"I am okay! I am alright! I am safe here in your arm!" Arthit assured his husband over and over again, seeing how Kongpob's tears were not stopping.

"What would I do, if anything ever happened to you..." Kongpob asked sobbing, hiccupping, and Arthit just held him tighter.

"I am here. I am safe! Your love and our parent's blessings kept me safe!"

"I know! I know!" Kongpob sat up, wiping his tears.

"I know, but those 10-15 minutes that took me to reach you, Oon! I felt like my world was crumbling, not knowing how you were. And seeing that car overturned like that! Oh god, Oon! It could have been so bad!"

"I know! I know! And even now, I am unable to comprehend how did the car flipped like that! And how did I manage to come out with just a few scrapes."

"It was nothing short of a miracle, Oon!"

"I know, my love! I know!"

"We are going to the temple tomorrow," Arthit nodded in agreement and sighed.

"Mae and Por will be here tomorrow. We can all go together."

Arthit sighed again, this time rubbing his temple.

"Is your head hurting?"

"Yes, I have a headache."

"I am so sorry I woke you! Sleep!" Arthit nodded, and smiling sweetly, he said, "all that crying didn't help either."

Kongpob quickly moved to make some place for Arthit to lie down.

"So sorry, Oon. I shouldn't have disturbed you!"

"No! It's alright! Here! Lie down. Hold me! Sleep with me!"

Kongpob didn't need to be told twice as he shifted closer and wrapped Arthit in his embrace as both tried to put the days' event behind them. Kongpob knew Arthit would face some difficulties because of the accident, and he had no plans of leaving his husband alone to deal with this all by himself.

If anything, this incident proved that higher beings are protecting them and their love, and he is not a fool to take this miracle for granted!

:::::::::::::::::::::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855K 39.8K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
3.8K 406 16
"You asshole! Mo********r! Son of a bi*** fcker how the fck you dare to" the guy said and punched earth square in the jaw. "Kong listen" earth tried...
59.6K 2.8K 11
Singto tried to make everything right again. PS: A first fic that turned out very angsty.
1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...