The dualbender (atla) book 1

By Sachubxnny

[completed] [currently under editing] Mizuki is a girl who lost her parents to the Fire Nation when she was t... More

Prologue - hide and seek
Chapter 1 - the boy with a scar
Chapter 2 - fire
Chapter 3 - a cold night
Chapter 4 - traveling
Chapter 5 - Air Temple sanctuary
Chapter 6 - cold
Chapter 7 - the boy in the iceberg
Chapter 8 - fate
Chapter 9 - Penguins
Chapter 10 - is this goodbye?
Chapter 11 - captured
Chapter 12 - reunited
Chapter 13 - prickle snake
Chapter 14 - Southern Air Temple
Chapter 15 - they're still alive
Chapter 16 - flying lemur
Chapter 17 - Momo
Chapter 18 - koi fish
Chapter 19 - ambushed
Chapter 20 - Suki
Chapter 21 - Unagi
Chapter 22 - rhino's
Chapter 23 - my cabbages!
Chapter 24 - superslide?
Chapter 25 - arrested
Chapter 26 - challenges and riddles
Chapter 27 - Bumi
Chapter 28 - Haru
Chapter 29 - elephant ears
Chapter 30 - buffalo or bison?
Chapter 31 - coal
Chapter 32 - acorns
Chapter 33 - Hei Bai
Chapter 34 - spirit world
Chapter 35 - panda
Chapter 36 - a blockade
Chapter 37 - Shyu
Chapter 38 - fake firebending
Chapter 39 - a comet
Chapter 40 - mud and bugs!
Chapter 41 - waterbending scroll
Chapter 42 - pirates!
Chapter 43 - lotus tile
Chapter 44 - Jet
Chapter 45 - thug?
Chapter 46 - knife
Chapter 47 - the dam
Chapter 48 - instincts
Chapter 49 - canyon
Chapter 50 - canyon crawlers
Chapter 51 - Wei Jin and Jin Wei
A/N
Chapter 52 - hired?
Chapter 53 - a rainy day
Chapter 54 - past
Chapter 55 - eye of the storm
Q&A
Chapter 56 - herbalist
Chapter 57 - Yuyan archers
Chapter 58 - the blue spirit
Chapter 59 - "friends"
Chapter 60 - necklace
A/N
Chapter 62 - Aunt Wu
Chapter 63 - papaya?
Chapter 64 - panda lily
Chapter 65 - volcano
Chapter 66 - Bato
Chapter 67 - Shirshu
Chapter 68 - ice dodging
Chapter 69 - separated?
Chapter 70 - perfume
Chapter 71 - Fire Day's festival
Chapter 72 - firebending teacher?
Chapter 73 - Zhao
Chapter 74 - other airbenders?
Chapter 75 - Northern Air Temple
Chapter 76 - Teo
Chapter 77 - hot air balloon
Chapter 78 - relics
Chapter 79 - mountains
Chapter 80 - North Pole
Chapter 81 - princess
Chapter 82 - the healing hut
Chapter 83 - Yua
Chapter 84 - palace
Chapter 85 - a mission
Chapter 86 - a dozen Fire Navy ships
Chapter 87 - a self-absorbed weasel
Chapter 88 - oasis
Chapter 89 - blizzard
Chapter 90 - face stealer
Chapter 91 - trouble
Chapter 92 - the moon

Chapter 61 - fortune teller

322 13 3
By Sachubxnny

- Third POV -

"Oh, come on. Fortune telling is nonsense!" Argues Sokka annoyed.

"You never know" Shrugs Mizuki while Aang unwraps the mysterious parcel the traveling man gave them, which turns out to be a red umbrella. He opens it and holds it over his head.

"What do you know? An umbrella!" Exclaims Aang as the sky darkens and it begins to rain. A low rumble of thunder can be heard. Mizuki bends an arched shield of water over her head to shelter herself from the weather. Katara does the same.

"That proves it!" Says Katara as she ducks under the umbrella.

"No, it doesn't! You can't really tell the future!" Protests Sokka as he holds an egg above his head to shield himself from the rain.

"I guess you're not really getting wet then" Replies Katara smugly while Mizuki ducks under the umbrella as well. Sokka suddenly loses his grip on the platypus egg as it flies through the air. He attempts to catch it, however, it merely flies a few feet into the air and lands on his head, cracking and causing the egg to run down his face.

"Sokka get under the umbrella. You're going to catch a cold, again. I'm tired of healing you" Says Mizuki dramatically.

"Of course she predicted it was going to rain. The sky's been gray all day!" Exclaims Sokka annoyed.

"Just admit you might be wrong, and you can come under the umbrella" States Katara.

"Look, I'm going to predict the future now" Begins Sokka as he stops walking and turns around to face the others.

"It's going to keep drizzling. See?" Suddenly, the rain stops falling and sky lightens up slightly. Aang tilts the umbrella back to observe the dramatic change in weather.

"Not everyone has the gift, Sokka" Teases Aang.

❀❀❀

There's a small village, which lies at the mountain's base. Aang, Mizuki, Katara, and Sokka walk through the entrance of the village. They approach a building where a man is standing. The stranger is dressed in a black robe.

"Aunt Wu is expecting you" States the man calmly.

"Really?" Beams Katara excited as the enters the building. The teenagers enter a room where four pillows are laying on the floor to the right of the room. A young girl walks into the room in a pink robe and wearing her hair in braids that stick out from the sides of her head.

"My name is Meng and I'm Aunt Wu's assistant" Greets the girl. Mizuki and Katara bow respectfully while Aang and Sokka look around. The moment Meng sees Aang, her eyes widen out of surprise.

"Well, hello there" Says Meng in a pleased tone.

"Hello" Replies Aang as he rubs his nose in disinterest. The teenagers seat themselves on the pillows.

"Can I get you some tea or some of Aunt Wu's special bean curd puffs?" Offers Meng.

"I'll try a curd puff!" Beams Mizuki excited.

"Me too!" Sokka raises his hand.

"Just a second" Says Meng as she holds up her index finger.

"Are you copying me again?" Teases Mizuki while Sokka starts to smirk.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Ack!" Exclaims Sokka as Mizuki throws her pillow at him and giggles.

"Oh, you're so dead" Says Sokka as he grabs his pillow and jumps over to Mizuki, who tries to dodge him but fails. The two start a pillow fight.

"So what's your name?" Asks Meng as she looks at Aang.

"Aang" Answers Aang dryly.

"That rhymes with Meng! And you've got some pretty big ears, don't you?" Beams Meng.

"Uhm, I guess" Replies Aang awkwardly. Do I really have big ears?

"Don't be modest! They're huge!" Jokes Sokka as he spreads his arms dramatically. Mizuki takes the opportunity and hits Sokka with a pillow, causing him to fall back.

"Don't be rude Sokka!" Scolds Katara.

"Take that!" Chuckles Mizuki evilly.

"Alright, that's enough you two" Sighs Katara as she sits in between Sokka and Mizuki.

"Well, Aang, it was very nice to meet you. Very nice" Says Meng while smiling slyly. She turns around and leaves the room.

"Likewise" Aang sweatdrops.

"I can't believe we're here in the house of nonsense" States Sokka as he looks around.

"Try to keep an open mind, Sokka. There are things in this world that just can't be explained. Wouldn't it be nice to have some insight into your future?" Says Katara while Mizuki nods in agreement.

"It would be nice to have some bean curd puffs" Replies Sokka nonchalantly.

❀❀❀

Meng is walking through the hallway of the building with a tray of bean curd puffs. A door in the hallway opens and a woman in yellow clothing exits. She approaches Meng excitedly.

"Oh, Meng! Aunt Wu says I'm going to meet my true love. He's going to give me a rare panda lily" Gushes the woman before she leaves the hallway.

"That's so romantic! I wonder if my true love will give me a rare flower" Sighs Meng dreamily while casting Aang a flirty look.

"Good luck with that" Says Aang.

"Is that the big-eared guy who Aunt Wu predicted you'd marry?" Says a guy while trying to contain his laughter. Embarrassed by this statement, Meng pushes the guy aside.

"Tora, shut up!" Whispers Meng annoyed as she approaches the teenagers. Suddenly, she trips. Aang attempts to catch her, accidentally holding her arms in the process of doing so. The two stare at each other for a moment, this causes Meng to blush.

"Enjoy your snack!" Says Meng nervously as she hands over the plate with puffs on it and leaves in a hurry, leaving her brother standing alone in the room with the teenagers.

"Uhm...hi" Tora nervously looks at the teenagers, not being sure what to say. Sokka takes the tray of curd puffs from Aang and starts eating them.

"You want one?" Offers Sokka as he holds up a curd puff.

"No thanks" Stutters Tora, only to be interrupted by an elderly woman in a yellow robe, who enters the room.

"Welcome, young travelers. Now, who's next? Don't be shy" Says Aunt Wu with a smile on her face. Sokka looks away uninterested while Aang and Mizuki cast a look at Katara.

"I guess that's me" States Katara as she stands up and exits the room along with the woman.

"Hey, you can sit here" Mizuki pats the pillow where Katara was sitting on earlier.

"Oh, sure" Replies Tora as he sits down next to Mizuki. Tora sweatdrops, why do I feel like im being watched?

"My name is Tora, nice to meet you guys"

"I'm Aang, he's Sokka, and that's Mizuki!" Beams Aang while stuffing his face with curd puffs.

"Sokka, pass me a curd puff please" Says Mizuki as she reaches out her hand towards him.

"Sure thing" Replies Sokka as he leans towards Mizuki. Tora, who's sitting in the middle of them slightly blushes. Too close!

"So, what do you think they're talking about back there?" Asks Mizuki curiously.

"Boring stuff I'm sure. Love, who she's going to marry, how many babies she's going to have" Mizuki raises an eyebrow at Sokka, why is he trying to make it sound as if he doesn't care?

"I'd say that's pretty interesting" Says Mizuki as she grabs another curd puff.

"Eh, whatever" Shrugs Sokka.

To be continued

Word count: 1.239

A/N: Tora isn't a character from atla, he's an oc of mine. I thought it would be fun to add another oc and spice things up a bit. Welp, that's it. Enjoy my fanfic dear readers :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 1.4K 31
Suhara is a runaway prince of the Fire Nation, presumed dead by his family. He was taught fire bending at first by his father, but because of being...
577K 18.6K 51
I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender who was born on board a fire navy ship holding Southern Water...
131K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
69.6K 2.8K 22
𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑗𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒. ⚠︎︎ 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 �...