Mercury (And The Chaos In The...

By MoonixDrop

After the incident of getting their wings ripped in half, Mercury sets to recover slowly as chaos continues o... More

Chapter 1, Recovery
Chapter 2, Work
Chapter 3, Wings
Chapter 4, Watched
Chapter 5, Faults
Chapter 6, Events
Chapter 7, Urge
Chapter 8, Follow
Chapter 9, Hospital
Chaper 10, Peaceful Day?
Chapter 11, A Horrible Situation
Chapter 12, Message
Chapter 13, A Familliar Presence
Chapter 14, Strange Beings
Chapter 15, Inflict
Chapter 16, Back To The Hospital // Torture
Chapter 17, Myself and I
Chapter 19, Void + Static
Chapter 20, Abyss + Lilith?
Chapter 21, Chaotic (1/2)
Chapter 22, Chaotic (2/2)
Chapter 23, End of Cross? // New Days

Chapter 18, Days

0 0 0
By MoonixDrop

It was my break time at work today, Vix was still working. I squished the little cat toy that Mono gave to me. I stared off at Vix and Mono helping each other work, I wasn't really thinking about that. I was mainly thinking about the Reality I was in with "me". I understood only a little but I'll get it soon.

Break time was over and all I had to do today was to help Mono put in new books they got when they were in the hospital. "So how's your day been going?" Mono asked while handing me some books. "Pretty great so far...How about you?" I asked them back. "Same thing, thanks for helping me!" Mono said. I nodded as in "No problem." I follow Mono to put the other new books up.

As we were finishing, we talked mostly about work. Mono made me talk about Vix more which was kinda embarrassing....Anyways, as we finished putting up the books, we headed back down to Vix who was downstairs taking a break. "Mercury and Mono!" Vix noticed as we got down. "How's your work going?" I ran towards them and hugged them. "Pretty great." Vix head patted me. I sat down right next to them. "Work is about to end soon..so you two enjoy your sweet time together." Mono said with a smirk walking away. My face turned red, I slightly covered my face and let out a small squeak. Vix turns to me and wraps their arms around me and snuggled in. "I guess we could do this..?"

Vix rested their head on my head, we were both sitting in an awkward position but went with it as we sat together. "I can't wait to go home and rest.." I heard Vix say, I nodded and closed my eyes. Everyone else had left the library, so it was finally time for me to get myself together. The co-workers here are annoying.

I opened my eyes to see Mono right in front of us sitting down smiling. I got embarrassed as I fully opened my eyes. "Young love..You both are cute together.." They let out a small laugh. "Anyways, get ready to leave soon you lovely people. I'll be closing the library soon." Mono got up, "Alright.." I said. Me and Vix grabbed our stuff and said goodbye to Mono.

We both walked back home, it seems like the rainy season will start soon judging by the dark clouds. "It looks like it's about to rain.." I said to Vix who was also looking up. "Glad we both thought the same..Good thing I have umbrellas.." Vix looked down at me and stretched. "Hm? Looks like we're almost home now." They grabbed my hand and we went running.

We rushed inside. I dropped to the ground from being tired from running and work. "Running was a bad idea.." Vix was catching their breath and was leaning on the couch. "It was your idea!" I got up and pulled their cheek. "Yeah...Uh..I thought it wasn't gonna take us a long time to get here." Vix said struggling to speak as I pulled their cheek aggressively.

"Now..let's make lunch shall we..?" I nudged Vix, "You're already back to normal? Oh and..yes sure." They went to the kitchen and I followed them.

We made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, it was great. Vix's way of making food never disappoints..Lilith too!

We ran out of bread, so we had to make a deal on who should buy bread (Lilith was there too..). I decided on it, because I wanted to be helpful...

"Well..Mercury, you can go tomorrow. But I still don't trust you." Lilith said to me, I could feel their glare. "I promise, I promise I won't do anything bad.." I freaked out a bit, remembering what I usually did back then. "Alright, I'll trust you. But remember, BREAD! B-R-E--" I cut Lilith off. "Yes I know Lilith...Bread."

"Ahah! Good! Starting tomorrow morning, you get bread." Lilith walked back to their room. "Good thing the weekend is starting tomorrow.." Vix said, rubbing my head as usual. "Yeah..I'll try my best getting the bread." I stretched as I got up from my chair. Me and Vix put up our plates and went back to our room.

>Next Day
>Getting bread

I didn't sleep the entire night because I was focusing on buying bread for today. It's currently 6AM and I'm regretting my life choices as I stare at the ceiling with my wide opened eyes. I got up, got my bag, and stuffed my wallet in there. I haven't used my money in a while, so I decided to get the bread with my own money.

The supermarket usually opens early at 4AM, so it's a perfect time for me to go. As I arrived at the supermarket, I immediately rushed to the bread section, I chose whatever the bread looked like. "Success..!" I said, sounding droopy. I wanted to look around for more, so I went to the fruit section. I looked around and saw strawberries in a box. I grabbed it, I haven't tried these in a while...Or did I ever try them...? I don't remember. Anyways, I grabbed two boxes of it and set it into the basket.

I went to go check out but then I realized you have to socialize. I don't like socializing sometimes. The line was going fast and I felt more nervous. As I arrived at the cashier register. I watched the person quickly scan my items in shock as if I was a child waiting for an adult to come back and get something that they forgot. Wait that sounds familiar...Moving on, the person was done. They didn't speak and neither did I, myself. I grabbed the basket and quickly ran out to go back home.

As I arrived, no one was awake yet. I set the bread on the table. I took out the strawberries and washed my hands, I opened the lid, put the strawberries in a bowl, and washed them. I grabbed a knife and started cutting the strawberries carefully. I finished and put them back into the bowl and washed them again. I poured the water out and grabbed a fork to eat them.

I got obsessed with it, so I ate it quickly. While eating the strawberries, it makes me forget about the guilt I have for things I have done, my bad memories, my horrible thoughts, and so on. I finished and I was disappointed, "I'll eat another time.." I washed the bowl and then washed my hands. I walk back to the room, Vix opens the door and we both jump back. We scared each other. "You surprised me..did you get the bread early..like very early?" Vix stepped closer. "I did..I also bought strawberries too.." I pointed to the bag on the table. Vix walked to it and I followed them.

"You should put the strawberries in the fridge for sure..." Vix grabbed the box of strawberries and put them in the fridge. "Oh.." I watched them do it. "Oh and here's the bread.." I handed Vix the bread. "Thanks Mercury.." They put it in a cabinet where the bread usually goes. "No problem!" I smiled.

>2 days later
>Forgetting something?

I opened my eyes wide, I felt like I'm forgetting something. For the past few days, I've been obsessing over strawberries, hanging out with Vix, and so on and so on..I got up and left the room. I stared off for a few seconds until it struck me.

"Arcane.." I whispered
I'm so fucking stupid, I wasted my time instead of worrying about Arcane.. HOW COULD I FORGET SO EASILY?

I breathed heavily and saw Lilith walk out of their room

"Mercury, it's the last day." They sounded stern..yet disappointed

"I'm sorry." I responded

"We are running out of fucking time, I was gonna remind you a few days back..But I thought you remembered." Lilith rushed towards me and started pulling my hair. "IF ARCANE DIES..I'LL KILL YOU INCLUDING VIX. VIX FIRST" They pulled harder. "I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY.." I screamed as they try to put me down. Vix runs out of the room and grabbed Lilith off. "Don't you fucking dare.." Vix said towards Lilith and hugged me. "Alright then, we'll go there right now.." Lilith got up and brushed themselves off. They opened a portal, "Good luck you dumbasses.." Lilith walked in and so me and Vix did so too.

We arrived there
Selcouth
the smell of blood surrounds the area
I cover my nose

"What a sad world." Vix said, looking around. Indeed, it was a sad looking world. A lot more gloomier than ours. As we all headed our way to the city, barely anyone was around. The smell of blood is strong in the area. I was highly bothered by it. "Well this is Selcouth..the opposite of your guys world.." Lilith turned to us.

"Ah..you're kinda late." Cross said in front of us
Lilith immediately turned towards them.
Cross was wielding a gun in their hand, "What the hell do you mean?" Lilith was freaking out. "Well...we took them out of the Reality and we were all waiting for you...Mercury." Cross walked towards me, close to my face.

I pushed them away, "DON'T YOU DARE GET ANY CLOSER.." I yelled. "Alright, alright. HEY! You all get Arcane here right now!" Cross was hand signaling someone. "Okay!" Abyss walked out with Arcane, Void and static was there. "ARCANE!!" Lilith yelled out. Arcane immediately lifted their head up, their head was bleeding. Dry blood.

"YOU ASSHOLES!! WHAT HELL DID YOU DO TO THEM?" Lilith's hands glow brightly. "Calm down, we just bashed their head. No need to get-" Static said until they got blasted by Lilith. "I will not accept this..!" Lilith blasted Abyss next who was holding down Arcane. They quickly ran towards Arcane and hugged them. "Well..I guess it's my turn now.." Cross pointed the gun at Arcane's head. I ran towards them and elbowed them by the side. "Asshole." I whispered. Cross got up, I could tell that they were angry but hid it. They summoned floating spikes behind them, "Run." Cross gave me a glare, it caught me off guard so I was unable to react fast when they released the spikes towards me. I dodged, but it left a scar on my arm. "Ow..." Some of the blood was gushing out. "Mercury!" Vix ran towards me, "Lilith after this can you heal them?" They were freaking out. "I'm gonna be fine, don't worry." I said holding my arm. "Oh..okay." Vix was concerned.

"Enough chatting around.." Cross released the spikes towards everyone. We eventually all tried to dodge it. But it felt like it was getting faster, so we hid ourselves behind the building surrounding the area. But Lilith and Arcane are somewhere else. Me and Vix were only right next to each other.

It was silent
As if the spikes stopped.

Me and Vix peeked through the cracks of the building. "It stopped." I said looking around for Cross. "Yeah, and it's awfully silent.." Vix grabbed my hand. "Let's look for Lilith and Arcane now.." They walk with me, but they stopped. "We are already here." Lilith walked back to us with something in their hand.

"You two need weapons..here take this." Lilith handed me a sharp and long knife, Vix got an axe. "Thanks..but where did you get this..." Vix nervously said, handling the axe. "Found it by some dead bodies, anyways you better use those wisely.." Lilith pointed towards us. "I'm only allowing this for one time..Got it?" They looked at me and turned away. We both nodded, "Yes.."

As we walked around the place looking for Cross and their servants. The smell of blood..no flesh is getting stronger. "This smell.." I said. "Don't bring yourself to it." Lilith said to me. They were walking in front of me and Vix. "I'll try to..." I covered my nose.

A nearby scream was heard right next to us.

I jumped up as I heard the blood curdling scream.

"Murder?" Vix got their axe ready. "Could be.." Lilith said.

Someone walked out of the shadows from a building, their hands were covered in blood.

The eyes of the person were glowing red
it felt..familiar..

it started to come towards me first, I tried to attack it but Vix smacks them with their axe.

it hit itself to the wall
it didn't twitch or move
it was just on the ground sitting there

Vix didn't hit them that hard though.

"I guess I have no choice." Lilith's hand glows, shards appear behind them. "WAIT!! Don't kill them! They're probably being controlled.." I grabbed Lilith's shoulder and tugged them. They stared at me, "Hmmm...? How unusual of you." They said putting away the shards.

"I'm surprised you noticed." A familiar shadow-like figure arises from the body. Void was here.

The body had fallen over, it was drooling. I assumed that they were strangled to death..

"I will not let you pass me..I'll keep you occupied." Void shielded us in a red Field-like barrier. "If you try to go through it..you'll burn yourself.." They laughed. "Now..fight me." Void unleashes a powerful aura, "Let's see how long you can last..!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28 2 10
The "dividing line" between the light and dark halves of the mind are just like the moon and sun. One half always faces the light while the other fac...
3.4K 72 11
He's missing again Be careful. He's going to get you He looks innocent but he isn't. No one will know you were killed and eaten. He's going to get...
150 34 15
After 2 months of meeting Vix, and being together, odd occurrences start to happen and it starts to affect Mercury mentally.
1.3K 37 11
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐚 𝐁𝐢𝐱𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝. Danny Bixler x Nonbinary OC Evil De...