๐—” ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฉ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ || Mer...

Por linesantique

Meruem strives to reject his humanity, born with the premonition that he can never openly display emotion. Ma... Mais

Author Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 25

296 18 1
Por linesantique

*Intrigued, Mara takes the box and hesitantly opens it. Processing the contents inside, she takes a moment to recognize the contents.

The shock slowly sinking in, Mara can't control her emotions anymore and begins to cry. Meruem watches satisfied with Mara's reaction, knowing well this time around her tears are tears of joy.*

Mara

It can't be... my voice...

How could the King have gotten this? Where could it have been!?

*Quickly realizing Mara has a million questions going through her mind, Meruem speaks up.*

Meruem

"When you mentioned to Pitou that there was an old man with the nen user who stole your voice, they recognized your description as one of the humans we sparred. We were using him as a secretary of international affairs, working in a desolate office in the basement. After Pitou put the pieces together, they informed me and we both went to investigate."

"Allegedly, the man was trying to bid your voice off, but there was an intense bidding war ongoing. Blinded by his own greed, the man sat back and watched the numbers grow day by day. He had no intention of using your voice, he was solely in it for the money..."

Mara

Use... my voice?

*Mara furls her eyebrows in confusion, Meruem quickly taking notice.*

"According to him, there's been a long line of incredible rulers throughout human history. What made it so mysterious was the fact that all these people were born with a yellow eye, just like yours. Although the words of humans were twisted over time to fit their narratives, there are countless stories that these rulers could use just their voice to dominate all. Some were revered as heroes or saints, being able to unite the masses with just their word as a weapon..."

*Mara looks at Meruem in shock, her whole body going weak with the revelation. She grasps the railing, one hand bracing herself and the other over her mouth.*

Mara

Those commands... the experiments... it all makes sense! I never would have thought to read through human history...

Meruem

"I know it's a lot to take in, but I have one pressing question. The former ruler of this palace was in charge of his advisors, including that old man. How come he didn't use your voice? I'm sure a simple advisor wouldn't disobey his orders..."

*Mara takes a moment to compose herself and begins to write.*

Mara

If you haven't surmised by now, the former Supreme Leader was an egotistical bastard- excuse my language.

He incessantly bragged about having an incredible power at the tips of his fingers, but he'd then go on to say he didn't need a 'cheat code' to power since he was already 'above all others' and a 'king amongst kings.'

During my youth, he put me through all sorts of experiments while I could still speak. I'm guessing he wanted to use me not just as his pleasure-thing, but as a weapon as well. If I'm piecing this together correctly, he was probably after the money involved... it was probably a combination of these intents that led to my capture...

*Meruem hums in response, the two silently mulling over their own thoughts.*

Meruem

"Mara, you've already demonstrated that your word is truly your ultimate weapon. You, and yourself alone, can use this power so you should desire. I wanted to return it to you not just as a symbol of my love for you, but as a chance for you to begin living your life to the fullest."

*Grabbing his vest, Mara pulls Meruem close to her and kisses him. Albeit their equally muddled feelings, one emotion trumps all their others: love.

Meruem breaks their embrace, motioning to Mara for her to drink the vial's contents. Staring at the golden liquid, Mara hesitates a second before drinking it. Meruem anxiously watches and waits in anticipation for something to happen.

Suddenly, Mara falls onto her knees violently coughing.*

Meruem

"Pitou!!"

*Perched on the roof of the palace, Pitou quickly makes their way to the King. Sensing his presence on a balcony, Pitou swings down from the roof to find him holding onto Mara who was coughing, tears lining her eyes. Before the King could utter a command, Pitou wastes no time summoning Dr. Blythe.*

Pitou

"Did she drink it!?"

Meruem

"She did. I had no idea it'd incur such a reaction."

Pitou

"From Dr. Blythe's analysis, she's perfectly fine, just a normal reaction to her voice box suddenly becoming active again. If you could grab a glass of water that'd be of help."

*Meruem gently lets go of Mara and places her in Pitou's arms. He turns and stands to find her water, Pitou sitting Mara upright, rubbing her back as she continued to cough. Meruem soon returns with a glass of water, handing it to Pitou who helps Mara drink it. The liquid soon relaxes Mara, her coughing fit slowly subsiding. Once she had gone completely quiet, Mara breaks herself out of Pitou's grasp and gracefully stands as she dusts herself off.

Mara smiles at the two in front of her, the moonlight illuminating her. With a raspy voice, Mara speaks, the words awkwardly rolling off her tongue.*

Mara

"I want to thank you both. When you found me, I was completely stripped of any kind of freedom. Freedom of expression, of identity, of humanity... they were all ripped away from me and trapped in the hands of the corrupt and greedy. If it weren't for you two and the others, I'd still be wasting away in that dreadful tower, mindlessly wondering when my life would begin."

"I know I sound like a broken record by now, but thank you. Thank you for giving me the chance to be human again."

*Both Meruem and Pitou stand in awe, neither expecting Mara to sound like she does. Her voice holds a certain conviction and eloquence, making it hard for them to doubt a word Mara speaks.*

Pitou

"Nyeow I see... human history has been embellished after all! Those past leaders weren't controlling people with their voice via some ridiculous hypnosis, they were just a naturally born orator, a skill necessary to win over the masses!"

Meruem

"Mara--"

*Mara looks at Meruem, a smug look playing on her face.*

Mara

"Hello my King~"

*The awe of Mara speaking makes Pitou start to laugh. Mara soon joins in.*

Meruem

Her laugh sounds like a song...

Pitou

"Apologies if this is presumptuous of me, but I think this calls for some sort of celebration! There's still an entire band in there, it'd be a shame to let the music go to waste~"

*Pitou and Mara gang up on Meruem, giving him puppy eyes in a sad attempt to convince him.*

Meruem

"If my Queen so desires it, it shall be done. I'd like to make an announcement to everyone anyways. Mara, come with me."

Pitou

"I'll go round everyone up then!"

*With Pitou gone, Meruem turns in a bid to reenter the ballroom. Before he can, Mara grabs his hand.*

Mara

"I've longed for this day for many moons, and as of recently I've had even more of a reason for my longing... so I could reciprocate your feelings properly."

*Meruem turns around, quickly picking Mara up before she could react. He buries his face into her neck, giving her kisses before carrying her inside bridal style.

Ticklish, Mara squirms in his hold and speaks between bouts of laughter.*

"What do you... think you're doing!?"

*Ignoring her inquiry, Meruem re-enters the ballroom and carries Mara up the staircase, placing her down on the indoor balcony overlooking the dance floor. Just as they had reached the top, many of the ants had started to enter through the lower entrance, looking up to see the King, Mara shyly standing a step behind him. They all bow in recognition.

Once everyone had been gathered in the ballroom, Meruem signals for the musicians to stop playing.*

Meruem

"You may be at ease, I'd like to formally address my subjects."

Bloster

This is the first time the King has addressed us... unconventional to say the least.

Meruem

"I'd like to apologize. I've done things I can never atone for, but I've been lucky enough to receive a second chance I don't intend to waste."

*Meruem turns to look at Mara, taking her hand, beckoning her to stand next to him as his equal.*

"From this moment forward, you are to recognize Mara as your Queen, the second chance of us all!"

*The ants bow in unison, recognizing Mara as their Queen without hesitation. Mara turns to look at Meruem, silently asking to address the group. Giving a curt nod of approval, Meruem steps back and allows Mara to speak.*

Mara

"Please, be at ease. I--"

*Before Mara can continue, Cheetu shouts from amongst the crowd.*

Cheetu

"MARA, YOU CAN TALK?!"

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

9.8K 387 25
-=-=- "I wish you loved me as I love you. But you're simply bound by the contract that binds us." Killua, the heir to the Zoldyck family of assassins...
27.6K 1.1K 11
๐…๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž. ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๏ฟฝ...
123K 4.1K 29
L/N Y/N was never strong. All her life, she's had to rely on others around her and she hated it. She hated not being able to protect herself and she...
60.5K 1.5K 7
ใ€School! AUใ€‘ "If you're so popular, why are people afraid of you?" "It's just because. Who wouldn't be scared of someone who came from a long line of...