๐—” ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฉ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ || Mer...

Av linesantique

Meruem strives to reject his humanity, born with the premonition that he can never openly display emotion. Ma... Mer

Author Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 23

289 16 0
Av linesantique

*Pitou finds Hina and Reina walking through the courtyard together. When the two spot Pitou approaching, they both bow.*

Pitou

"Please be at ease! I need your help with something..."

*Pitou tells the two of the King's surprise for Mara.*

Hina

"Omigosh this is going to be so romantic!! To be frank I would've never expected that from the King of all people..."

*Hina's remark makes Reina giggle, although she quickly catches herself.*

Pitou

"Neither did I... Mara has really changed him. Whether it's a good or bad development is to be determined."

Hina

"We've all changed though... or rather, we never changed to begin with. We are part human after all. The more time I spend caring for Reina, the more in touch I've become with my emotions... I don't think it's a bad thing at all."

*Reina blushes and Pitou starts to laugh.*

Pitou

"You're right, and I really shouldn't exclude myself from this transformation. It's odd though... two opposing forces fighting inside all of us."

Hina

"I suppose each of us has their own decision to make, which side do we embrace?"

*Pitou and Hina sigh in unison, exasperated.*

Pitou

"I suppose there's no use dwelling on it right now... we're all still under the King's command anyways. Speaking of which, he put me in charge of preparations for his surprise."

"I wanted to surprise him as well, or it'd be Mara surprising him actually. I thought getting her dolled up for the King would be amusing, but I need your help! I told her that the four of us would have a 'relaxation day' in a bid to keep the plan a surprise until the very last second."

Hina

"Ahh I'm totally on board! There's a bathhouse on the far end of the palace that Reina and I like to use... it has tons of amenities too. We could pretend it's a 'spa day'! Gosh, I haven't had one of those since my human days..."

*Hina softly sighs, reminiscing on her fragmented human memories. Reina watches the two converse, excited for the possibilities.*

Pitou

"Nyeow I see... we could use that as an excuse! I've already made breakfast for us all, I figured we could picnic outside."

Hina

"That sounds lovely... and right up Mara's ally. Thank you for thinking of us too."

Pitou

"I'm not deserving of thanks, I'm just following orders with my own twist. I'm just worried about keeping this secret all day."

*Hina hums in response.*

"I'll go grab the food from the kitchen. Mara should be in her room. I'll meet you guys in the gardens."

Hina

"Sounds good, see you soon!"

*Hina and Reina go to Mara's room, knocking on her door. Eager to spend her day with friends, Mara opens her door almost immediately, board in hand.

The two girls take in Mara's outfit. Her summer dress matches the bandana she's using to push her hair back, both a maroon color that compliments her complexion.*

Mara

Good morning! I'm excited to spend the day with you guys!

*Reina runs up to Mara, giving her a hug.*

Reina

"You look so pretty big sis!"

Hina

"Likewise. I'm glad to see you're doing better as well, and you look amazing!"

"Anyways, Pitou said that they'd meet us in the gardens."

*Mara nods and the three leave to the gardens. Pitou had already laid out a picnic blanket under a willow tree.*

Pitou

"Hey! Over here!"

*Pitou waves the three girls over, beckoning them to come sit. Mara helps Pitou lay out the food they made. The four enjoy a pleasant conversation as they eat, subsequently losing track of time.*

Hina

"Wow, time sure does fly. It's gotten so hot already and it's only noon!"

Reina

"Could we go swimming? I saw a pool around the back of the palace... we could cool off that way..."

*Pitou and Hina look at each other, sharing a sly smile between them. Too preoccupied looking at Reina, the shared look goes unnoticed by Mara. After she had finished writing on her board, Mara turns to face Pitou and Hina.*

Mara

That sounds like a great idea! Would you two like to come as well?

Pitou

"Sure! Afterwards we can use the communal bathhouse to relax and wash off the pool water."

Mara

You sure have this all planned out! I'll go get changed quickly and meet you by the pool in an hour then.

*Mara stands and waves goodbye to the group. Once she's out of earshot, Pitou and Hina burst out laughing.*

Pitou

"I'm worried she's going to find out, I've never had to keep a secret before! Reina, you're a genius to suggest going swimming."

*Reina giggles and blushes at the praise of a royal guard.*

Hina

"Anyways, we should get changed as well. We'll see you soon!"

*Everyone leaves the gardens. After cleaning up the picnic, Pitou decides to head to the throne room thinking the King might want an update on what Mara is up to.

Pitou knocks on the throne room door and enters, not bothering to wait for a response. Meruem had just finished playing a round of gungi.*

Meruem

"Komugi, you are dismissed for today."

Komugi

"Thank you, I'll take my leave."

*Meruem looks up from the gungi board, clearly peeved Pitou did not wait for him to tell them to enter.

Pitou bows in front of the gungi board as Komugi passes them.*

Meruem

"What do you want Pitou?"

Pitou

"Mara and I are going to swim together. I'm keeping her distracted and far away from the east wing of the palace."

Meruem

"As long as she stays away from that area I don't care what you do with her. Where is she now?"

Pitou

"I believe she's in her room."

Meruem

"Fine. Bring her to the throne room by dusk and no later.*

Pitou

"As you wish."

*Pitou rises and leaves the throne room. Meruem goes to attend to his own preparations.

On the other side of the palace, Mara had already arrived at the poolside. Balancing her board on her lap, Mara swishes her feet back and forth in the pool. When she hears the opening and shutting of a door behind her, Mara spins around to see Reina and Hina.*

Hina

"Hello Mara!!"

*Mara waves to the girls, who are both sporting bathing suits. Mara is wearing an olive green one piece, mesh coverup draped over her shoulders and a straw sun hat perched on her head.*

Mara

Hello! You guys look great!

Hina

"So do you! I brought the radio too!"

*Mara energetically stands up and takes the radio from Hina, dialing it to one of their favorite stations. Reina wastes no time jumping in the pool, the two girls following suit soon after. As they're all cooling off in the pool, Mara spots Pitou emerging from a side door.*

Pitou

"Sorry I'm late!"

Hina

"Pitou, where's your bathing suit!?"

Pitou

"I hate water, you'll never catch me in a pool! Even baths are no fun..."

Hina

"Haha that's a shame, it's so hot out too!"

*The group enjoy their time by the poolside. Time passes quickly, and soon Pitou suggests they go to the bathhouse to wash up.

The four walk to the far side of the estate and enter the bathhouse. After bathing, they take their time taking advantage of the amenities. Once finished and sufficiently relaxed, Pitou and Mara bid goodbye to Hina and Reina. Pitou walks Mara back to her room.*

Pitou

"I forgot to mention, the King has summoned you tonight. I found a nice evening gown for you to wear too. I'll go grab it!"

Mara

You're too kind, thank you Pitou. I'm eager to see what you've picked.

*Pitou leaves and soon comes back with a dress. They hand it to Mara who leaves to change in her bathroom.*

Mara

This dress is stunning... I feel a bit silly though... what will the King think about something so over the top?

I'll go show Pitou and see what they think...

*Mara exits the bathroom to find Pitou sitting on her bed.*

Pitou

"Mara... you look ethereal..."

*Pitou's comment makes Mara blush.*

Mara

Are you sure I don't look silly? I feel like it's a bit over the top...

Pitou

"No, no. It's perfect."

Mara

Thank you Pitou. I'm truly grateful for what you've done for me, this has been more fun than I could ever dream of. I'm lucky to have such an amazing friend.

Pitou

"I'm not used to accepting thanks... but I'm glad you've enjoyed yourself today. You are my Queen now, it's only natural I make your life pleasurable."

Mara

Nonsense. Disregard my title Pitou, you are first and foremost my friend. I know you say thanks are wasted on you, but I hope you know I'm eternally indebted to you.

Pitou

"I could say the same to you. It's almost dusk, the King would like to meet you in the throne room. I've got guard duty now, but have a nice night Mara."

*The two share a last goodbye and Mara spends a bit of time fixing herself up. She makes her way to the throne room where she finds Youpi guarding the door.*

Youpi

She sure has gone all out tonight...

"You can go right in. The King is expecting you."

Fortsรคtt lรคs

Du kommer ocksรฅ att gilla

666 78 13
The Lost Teardrop Of The Moonlight's Blessing A lone story that speaks for a shadow forgotten within years upon disappearance whom appeared once lig...
84.1K 2.9K 18
Mehana is the adopted daughter of Netero and happened to encounter the King of chimera ants right after he was born. Taking a couple of hits, she sur...
16.7K 752 40
โ”†ๅฝก ๐‰๐”๐ƒ๐†๐„๐Œ๐„๐๐“ | ๐‡๐”๐๐“๐„๐‘๐—๐‡๐”๐๐“๐„๐‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“ ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜”๏ฟฝ...
19.1K 857 27
Two people meet, oblivious that fate ties them together. When they meet... Well, you'll figure out that part. Now life takes them on the ride of "Wha...