Feathers and Claws (MxMxMxMxM)

By Cecidissewolf

-Temporary Hiatus- After his tribe gets attacked, Theo is thrown abruptly into the dangerous world. With no h... More

,Intro/Info,
Chapter 1: The forest
Chapter 2: The attack
Chapter 3: Terror
Chapter 4: New captor?
Chapter 5: A Head
Chapter 6: Odd
Chapter 7: New hell
Chapter 8: Panic
Chapter 9: Rescued
Chapter 10: The plan
Chapter 11: Mistake
Chapter 12: The deal
Chapter 13: Side tracked
Chapter 14: Talking
Chapter 15: Confusion
Chapter 16: Counsel
Chapter 17: Mates
Chapter 18: The hunt
Chapter 19: The hunt. (Part 2)
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21: The morning
Chapter 22: Fraying
Chapter 23: Clear
Chapter 24: Possessive
Chapter 25: Setting out
Chapter 26: Trap. . .
Chapter 27: Home sweet home?
Chapter 28: Anger
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30: Fury
Chapter 31: Mother
Chapter 32: Territorial
Chapter 33: Furious
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35: Torn
Chapter 36: Old partner. . .
Chapter 37: Trouble
Chapter 38: Choice
Chapter 39: Regret
Chapter 40: We're on our way
Chapter 41: Interesting. . .
Chapter 42: 'Chat'
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: Dread
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46: The hunt is on
Chapter 47: Winner
Chapter 48: Mating
Chapter 49: Lovely couple
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51: Chaos
Chapter 52: Issues
Chapter 53: Plan
Chapter 54: Concern
Chapter 55: Lost.
Chapter 56: Imprisoned
Lil' Lore break: The hunts.
Chapter 57: Confusing mess
Chapter 59: Growling
Chapter 60: Chatting
Chapter 61: Consequences
Chapter 62: Sleepy discussions
Chapter 63: Fair
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65: Blank
Chapter 66: Warmth
Chapter 67: Standards.
Chapter 68: Crimson calls
Chapter 69: Warmth
Lil' Lore break: Evolution of the Homigriffs
Chapter 70: Again.
Chapter 71: Fear
Chapter 72: Assurances
Chapter 73: Tears
Chapter 74: Cries
Chapter 75: uh oh
Chapter 76: Misery
Chapter 77: Screams
Chapter 78: Walk
Chapter 79: Aggression.
Chapter 80: Annoyance
Chapter 81: Danger
Chapter 82: Threat
Chapter 83: Curious
Chapter 84: Conversation
Chapter 85: Home (Pt 1)
Chapter 86: Home (Pt 2)
Chapter 87: Reaffirming
Chapter 88: Reacquainting
Chapter 89: Teeth

Chapter 58: Restless

3.4K 229 53
By Cecidissewolf

Mmm Here we go. . .

------------------------------------------------

Sleep failed to find me, Leaving me tossing and turning fitfully in what I was starting to consider to be my nest.

 Eventually though, I gave up on the hope of rest, Opting instead to get up and wander the seemingly endless halls of the palace in a melancholic daze.

After a while of being lost, I wound up in the prisons underneath the palace.

The plants and flowers that were used down here to cover the prisoner's scents were clearly fresh based upon how strong they smelled.

At least I now know where I am. . .

I was doing my best to not think about the reason I couldn't get sleep, Opting instead to concentrate on anything but my thoughts.

Which might be why I didn't hear a certain bastard call out to me from his cell, At first at least.

''Hey. You. You're the head's side piece right? Come over here and let me out of here.'' Quinn growled out at me from the other side of his cell's door.

That, Made me pause.

''I'm not his side piece.'' I grumbled with a lot less venom in my voice than I'd normally have with such a statement.

Does he view me as his side piece?

Something about my tone caused a cruel looking glint to form in the other man's eyes.

''Sure you aren't. That's why you're down here without a guard or anyone protecting you'' He growled out his tone sarcastic and mocking.

''I can protect myself'' I muttered defensively, My feathers bristling.

Why does me not having a person constantly following me around make me seem like his side piece?

''A head doesn't leave their mate un-guarded. I never left my mate un-guarded until his spying mission, Not a single head leaves the ones they consider their mates without at least some form of protection'' Quinn explained slowly and coldly, His hands moving to grip the bars set in the large wooden door.

''Understandable why he doesn't have you guarded. . .He hasn't even marked you. . .You aren't one of us so it makes sense why he'd keep you as his exotic side piece instead a mate'' He continued dismissively, Slowly moving away from his cell door while he spoke.

That. . .Hurt. . .But made sense.

I'm not one of them after all. . .

''What's with the upset expression? I mean, You still have your body. . .You could still be this Aldo man's exclusive concubine'' Quinn jeered.

Having had enough of this, I made a beeline for the exit.

Quinn was shouting something at me while I left, But I couldn't focus on him.

All I could focus on were the words others have spoken to me rattling around in my mind.

'Not one of us' 'Side piece' 'They only like you because you're Aldo's mate' 'You don't belong.'

I. Don't belong here.

With my mind sadly made up, I headed through the maze like halls of the palace for the large palace doors that would let me free from this place.

I should go home. I will go home. . .I'm not going to be a burden here any longer than I already have been, This was a mistake.

Aldo has Jude and Quinn. . .At the moment, All I am in this relationship is a hinderance. . .And well, I wasn't about to risk ruining their relationship.

So. . .I was taking the cowardly route and leaving.

It'll be fine. . .I'll be fine and they'll be better off without me here. . .

 I was halfway across the great hall, Almost in arm's reach of the large palace doors, When a voice called out to me.

''Theo? What are you doing up so early?'' Sophia questioned kindly, Drawing my attention to where she was standing next to Aldo's throne.

She was rubbing the sleep from her eyes, A pleasant, But slightly concerned smile on her face.

''Just. . .Going out for a fly'' I answered back, Not exactly lying. . .But not telling the truth.

''Oh! Well why don't I join you? It's about time I stretch my wings anyways'' She responded happily, Heading for me while she spoke.

Sighing, I dragged my hand down my face before shaking my head.

''Okay look. . .I'm going home. . .Not for a flight. . .'' I admitted quietly.

She blinked slowly before whispering 'oh'.

''Are you. . .Going to visit your family? Do you want me to round up some soldiers to escort you? I'm sure the kitchen staff would be super excited to make a welcome home feast for you if you want'' Sophia tried slowly, Her smile faltering slightly as she spoke.

Inhaling slowly, I nervously clenched and unclenched my hands before shaking my head.

''I am going to visit my family but. . .I won't be coming back'' I whispered, Loudly enough for her to hear before opening the large entrance doors and stepping out of the palace.

The first step is always the hardest. . .It'll get better given time. . .Right?

Shifting out of my second form and into my first one, I took to the sky, Flying over the sprawling city below.

It'll be fine. . .I'll be fine. . .

I hope.

--- Time skip ---

The sun was high in the sky when I slowly glided down to a small oasis standing out from the yellow-ish green grass of the seemingly endless plains.

My wings sore as I finally was able to take a break, Landing with a soft 'thump' on the peat moss coated ground.

Tall pines towered above the small pond, Shielding it and me from the scorching sun that made the surrounding terrain so harsh with scraggy grass, Weeds and prickly bushes.

Shifting back into my second form, I sat down at the edge of the water, Carefully scooping out some of the cold liquid with cupped hands.

Drinking my fill, I took some time to rest, Absently attempting to rub the soreness from my wings and body.

Damn, I feel like I've been tossed around in a tornado or something.

I was about to get back up when the quiet sound of someone landing behind me made me pause.

Half expecting it to be a rogue or another traveler, I braced myself to attack before the smell of mint, Pine trees and the faint smell of a campfire hit me.

Next thing to hit me were a strong pair of arms that wrapped around me, Pinning me to his chest as a low growl left him.

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lil extra bit. . .From Sophia's pov :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The door closing behind Theo snapped me out of the daze I was in.

Oh come on. What the hell has that idiot done to his poor mate now?

I liked Theo, He was sweet and one of the first men in a while who actually just wanted to be friends with me.

Turning on my heel, I stormed through the winding maze of halls, The soldiers I passed were wise enough to very quickly skitter out of my way.

That poor boy left his family, His friends and everyone and everything he knows and loves to come here. Whatever Aldo did must be pretty extreme.

Reaching the door to Aldo's room, I slammed it open, Not giving a damn about the two naked, Sleeping men resting on the bed.

''What? Sophia? What are you doin-'' My friend, The idiot, Started to slur out, His wings moving to protectively cover Jude.

''I don't know what the fuck you did but you better get the hell up and go fix your mistake.'' I snapped out, Storming up the steps leading to the large bed the two naked men were laying on.

''What are you going on about woman? I've just woken up. Use your damn words.'' Aldo grumbled out, Scrubbing at his eyes and sitting up while he spoke, Jude joining him in getting up.

''Want me to use my words? Fine. Listen and listen closely. Theo just left the palace seemingly on the verge of tears and he has no intention of returning. Ever. That good enough for you to understand?'' I snarled out, Crossing my arms and stomping my foot while I spoke.

Aldo quickly stumbled out of bed at that, Jude following right behind.

''When did he leave?'' Jude questioned quickly, His feathers bristling as he hurried to put back on the clothes he wore yesterday.

''A few moments before I woke you two. He's planning on returning to his tribe'' I informed them, Ensuring my tone was a lot less snappy when I spoke to Jude.

''Alright. . .Jude, You stay put, I'll try and catch up with him. Sophia, See if you can find anyone who might know what this sudden mood swing is about'' Aldo ordered, Tugging on some clothes before making a bee-line for the door.

''You better find him and fix this. Or so help me I'll fix you.'' I threatened, Shouting it at him as he hurriedly left his bedroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------

:) Fluff and actual communication ahead.

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 82.3K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...
168K 5.7K 46
Warning: This story contains mature content [MxB] and mpreg, which stands for MALE PREGNANCY; if you don't like mpregs, you're free to leave. Critici...
6.6K 597 40
Book 3. Most kids think they are the reason their parents get a divorce. Dante Rodriquez Knew he was the reason. His mother couldn't accept him being...
45.2K 2.9K 55
Book 3 in "My Mate...." series Princeton SaintClair, eldest son of Lucas and Caleb SaintClair is your typical 22 year old boy with a few select grou...