Death & Tequila [mxm]

By Hopestrife

[COMPLETED] Law enforcement was never in the cards for Jaiden, but the badge happened to fall his way. Howev... More

Death and Tequila: A note from HopeStrife
1. Jose Cuervo
2. Mixto
3. Cup of Coffee
4. Milagro Añejo Tequila
5. French Press Coffee
6. Chamomile Tea
7. Agua Fresca
8. Bloody Mary
9. Bloody Maria
10. Bloody Ceasar
11. Espresso
12. Patrón
13. Pinot Noir
14. Glass of Water
15. Corona
16. Breakroom Coffee
17. Long Island Iced Tea
18. Tequila Sunrise
19. Merlot
20. Mexican Hot Chocolate
21. Shot of Whiskey
22. Energy Drinks
23. Beers and Espresso
24. Drinking Roses
25. El Vacho
26. Club Soda
27. Monte Alban Mezcal
28. Una Vida
29. Don Julio
30. Moscato
31. Molasses
32. Ice Cubes and IVs
33. Sunshine Stout
34. Four Loko
35. Acid
36. Fireball Whisky
37. Bottle of Rum
38. Mai Tais
39. Lemon Drops and Margaritas
40. Lemonade
41. Clase Azul
42. Tequila Sunset
43. Casa Noble

44. Tequila Komos [End]

8.4K 442 192
By Hopestrife

••Six months later••

Jaiden was sitting in Gloria's kitchen and downed a shot of the tequila that Toni snuck in. He sighed as the sweetness of the agave hit his tongue and back of his throat.

"Fuck, this is different." He said as he poured another shot.

Toni held his glass out so Jaiden could refill his as well. "Tequila Komos. It's a bit more Mediterranean."

Jaiden slowed down while drinking it. "Komos? Isn't that a Greek god?"

"God of festivities." Toni said with a Chuckle.

Jaiden leaned against him.  "How fitting."

They were dressed in matching dark jeans and white button-up shirts. Jaiden had rolled his sleeves, so his forearms were exposed, revealing his new tattoos of the Sandias and Organ Mountains in a geometric design on either arm. These two mountain ranges represented the places that meant the most to him; where he found his path and where he found his heart.

Toni bent his head and kissed the Sandias tattoo. "If we keep drinking, Travis will have our heads."

"Can we consider his nagging as assault and arrest him." Jaiden groaned.

"So very tempting. But unfortunately, your little blonde friend is married to one hell of a lawyer, and the charges will never stick." Toni countered and took a long drink from his glass.

"I just want to say 'I do' and run off with you... after kicking off these ridiculous boots." Jaiden tapped the heel of his cowboy boots on the stool. "How did you talk me into these?"

Toni smirked. "I believe I mentioned something about wanting to see you wearing nothing but cowboy boots. But this is a sexy look too."

Jaiden laughed. "One day, your charms won't work on me."

"Doubtful." Toni said with an amused huff.

Nate came rushing in with an infant in his arms at that time. "Christ, you guys are here? Travis is looking everywhere for you!"

Jaiden grinned. "Let me hold my nephew."

Nate looked around real quick. "You do realize that I am using my son to protect myself from Travis.  You're friends with a professional fighter, but I'm terrified of the smallest one of your group."

Jaiden laughed, took the tiny child from Nate's arms, and cooed over the boy. "Thank god he looks just like Patricia." He said quietly. "He's beautiful. I can't get over it."

Toni wrapped his arm around Jaiden's shoulder and gently rubbed the infant's head. "He will be an amazing cop when he grows up."

Nate scoffed. "He is going into science like me and catch all the bad guys using forensics. No more cops in the family!"

Jaiden smirked. "You sealed his fate when you named him after the best detective in New Mexico. Little Carlos is following his uncles' footsteps."

Toni grinned. "He's going to be even better than us."

The doors opened, and a panicked blonde was about to rail into them. "What the-"

The three men shushed him and pointed to the sleeping baby.

Travis faltered, and his scowl turned into a smile when he noticed the scene. He pulled out a camera and took a picture of them huddled around the baby. "As adorable as this is, everyone is ready for you two."

Jaiden sighed heavily. "We should have gone to the courthouse."

Toni chuckled. "Try explaining that to our mothers."

Jaiden shuddered from the verbal ass-beating he would have experienced if they ran off. He handed Carlos back to Nate and kissed the baby's forehead.

He pulled four shot glasses and filled them.

He handed them out, including one for Travis. "Tequila? Really?"

"You need it more than us." Toni reassured him with a smile.

Travis groaned and picked up the shot glass. He hissed as he swallowed the alcohol. "God, that burns."

Toni laughed heartily. "Not a tequila man?"

Travis frowned. "More of a martini man."

Jaiden took Toni's hand in his. "Well, I suppose it's time to get fucking married." He said with a chuckle.

They walked out of the house and faced the large open pasture that overlooked the Sandias. There were tables set up for everyone, and sunflowers were everywhere. He never discussed flowers with Toni, but it seemed like Toni took matters into his own hands and ensured that he was surrounded by the sun that Jaiden loved.

Jaiden's breath was caught in his throat as he took in the scene.

Nearly two hundred people had come to celebrate them; half of the precinct from Albuquerque and Las Cruces were there, and everyone from the Trujillo and Alvarez family.

Although Jaiden didn't share a drop of blood with anyone here, this was his family. This was home.

Valeria linked her arm with Jaiden's while Gloria did the same to Toni, ready to lead them down to the reverend. The sky was turning orange with hues of pink as they walked down the aisle.

Jaiden kissed Valeria's cheek. She was already crying, and it was near impossible for Jaiden not to cry with her. "Gracias, mamá. For everything, gracias."

"I'm so proud of you. Carlos would be too." She gently cupped his cheek. "The day I married Carlos, he promised me that the sunrise would gift us with happy days, and the sunset would leave us with peaceful nights. I'm leaving that promise with you, mijo. Keep your eyes open, and embrace the beautiful moments to come with the one you love."

Jaiden smiled warmly, and his eyes glistened with the tears he was holding back. "Sí, mamá. I will."

He bent down, and she placed a small kiss on his forehead.

She and Gloria walked back to their seats. Antonio kissed Gloria while Valeria looked fondly at the empty seat next to her. Carlos' old cowboy hat hung from the back of the chair, and an unopened beer bottle sat in front of it. He was still with them on this day.

Jaiden and Toni exchanged their vows under the setting sun. The picturesque skies illuminated the sunflowers that surrounded them. And when he said, "I do", Jaiden realized that he had everything he never knew he needed right beside him.

The nightmares that used to plague him had started to recede. In turn, they have become quiet dreams of him and Carlos sharing a beer under the rising sun. He no longer required Carlos' pep talks or direction, but he enjoyed the company even if it wasn't real.

To put it simply, Jaiden was happy. His husband was perfect, and finally, he was no longer running away. He could embrace the future with Toni.

Their ceremony was short, sweet, and simple. The area was quickly turned over for the reception. Solar lights and lamps brightened the area, along with large bonfires. Hugh was a renowned music producer but took on the role of DJ for the night. He happily worked with the mariachi that Gloria and Antonio brought along. It wasn't a fiesta without them.

Jaiden sipped his tequila while sitting on a log with Toni. Jaiden looked down at his hands and admired his wedding ring. Toni worked with a silversmith in Santa Fe to ensure it matched the one Jaiden gave him.  No diamonds or gold could compare.

He leaned against Toni and smiled happily.  He watched his friends interact with his family. Travis was still running around while Jonas talked about fighting with Toni's dad and brothers. The others were mixed in with the other groups, and based on the laughter and glanced his way, and he knew that they were sharing old high school stories about him.

Toni wasn't drinking yet. They were going to leave for the hotel after the reception. But he was getting impatient. He knew how long his family's parties could last. He just wanted to hold Jaiden.

Hugh started to play a slow song from one of the artists he had worked with for the last couple of years. Toni smiled when he heard it and held out a hand.  "I would rather have you naked in my bed right now, but because I can't, how about we dance under the stars again, mi sol."

"How romantic."  Jaiden laughed as he grabbed his hand and was whisked off his feet and into Toni's arms.  Toni held him close, humming along with the music. Jaiden leaned his head against his shoulder.

A light cough interrupted them, and they saw Hugh dancing with his sister Lucy near them.

Jaiden raised an eyebrow.  "You dance?"

Hugh laughed.  "Fuck no, but this was the easiest way to get close to you without raising suspicion."

Jaiden grimaced.  "Dios mío, what are you planning?"

Hugh chuckled.  "Don't worry; you'll like it." He looked around to make sure no one was within earshot.  "Lucy and Emilia will draw away your mothers by using the kids. The guys are splitting up and grabbing the attention of your brothers and sisters.  Eli is already distracting Travis, so he's not noticing anything now.  Jo and I have already packed your suitcase in your car.  When this song is done, you escape."

Toni grinned.  "Seriously?"

Hugh winked.  "Enjoy your honeymoon a little early."

Toni nuzzled Jaiden's neck.  "Your friends are the best."

The song ended, and Hugh gave them a thumbs up.  Toni and Jaiden grinned and quickly made their way to their car.  The people that would typically stop them were being distracted by his friends, and they were able to slip out before anyone noticed. 

They held hands as Toni drove and quietly sang a Franco De Vita song, 'Te Amo'. Jaiden hummed along with a smile that would not disappear.

When they arrived, he and Toni checked into the hotel and retrieved their keys.  Toni kissed him.  "I'll bring everything up.  How about you find a good bottle of tequila from the bar that we can steal."

"Bueno. I'll be fast." Jaiden said as they split up.

Convincing the bartender took a little more work than he expected.  He was trying to have Jaiden take champagne up the room because that was more suitable for honeymoons, but Jaiden only laughed.  Tequila was more their taste.

Bottle in hand, he quickly made his way to the elevator and saw the doors starting to close.  He called out, "Hold, please!"

A hand reached and stopped it from closing. He ran inside and gave a hasty 'thank you'.

"Rough night?" A beautifully familiar voice asked softly.

Jaiden brightened when he looked into a pair of exquisite chocolate brown eyes. "Yeah, something like that." He said, recalling their very first conversation.

"I hope it has nothing to do with tequila and one-night stands." Toni said with a chuckle.

Jaiden returned the laugh and held up the bottle.  "Well, in my case, everything good started with tequila and one-night stands."

"If that how is started, mi sol, how does it end?"

Jaiden wrapped his arms Toni's waist. "It's never going to end. I have a lifetime of watching the sunrises and sunsets with my husband."

Toni kissed his forehead. "Sounds like heaven."

The End.

•••••••

A/N

Hello again.

Writing "The End" for this novel was hard for me. It's always hard for me, but Jaiden's story was something special. I wrote King of Hawkings quite a few years ago, and only recently gutted it, reworked it, and published it on Wattpad (once I found my nerve to do so). So these characters have been with me for a while.

I think Jaiden's story meant so much to me because he always lingered at the back of my mind, especially when some of you called out that he wasn't part of KoH's final chapter. I think that's what truly motivated me, so I starting typing something new. I had a vague idea for a story and I watched it evolve.

In the end, I fell hard for Jaiden and Toni. I hope that you did too

Am I done with Hawkings? I'm not sure. I love my boys to death and I always have so much fun writing them. So maybe one day I'll bring them back out, even if it a short story.

Although I am always terrified to press that 'Publish' button, I am equally excited to share a little of me with you. And you, dear readers, have blown me away. I truly look forward to your reactions and comments. This community has been unbelievable and I cannot thank you enough for being a part of this journey.

Thank you so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 68.1K 178
''After a few seconds of them staring at one another, Dante finally spoke. But his voice had changed; it was breathless and soft, echoing with a swee...
47.7K 1.6K 53
If you like boyxboy stories with bdsm, serial killers, and psychopaths, this is the story for you! Confessions of a psychopath is set in a small tow...
40.6K 1.7K 31
✴ Book 2 of "Taming His Mistress" ✴ Everyone has their demons. Some of us choose to keep them hidden. But what happens when your demons come out to p...
Royal Thief By Rai

General Fiction

7.8K 407 56
PREQUEL | BL Alone in his huge room, no people roaming in the dark alley, not enough good guards guarding their manor. Soon to be Duke, Lord Idris Ga...