AMP (IzuJirou)

By MizuToriWP

To smile, bring hope to the world. To bring hope to the world, make them smile. Their dreams. Different, yet... More

An Insecure Violet (Original Concept)
Where It Started (1000 Miles Ago)
Best Friends (By Default)
Best Friends (By Default) -Part 2
Acceptance
Two Piece
Good Influence
Mental Blocks
Words Hurt Like Hell
First Test (Date)
The USJ
Made of Glass
Better Than Expected
What If?
Scorch Marks
The Dynamic Duo
The Cavalry Battle
Round One
Round Two
Round Three
The Final Round
Fake
One Week
Hero Entries
A Step Back Can Be The Way Forward
Just The Beginning
Still a Long Road Ahead...
AMP
Road to Midterms
Studying
One Percent Chance (Part 1)
One-Percent Chance (Part 2)
I Love You
Happy Birthday, Izuku
Vanguard Action Squad
I Am Here
The Almighty Man: Part One
The Almighty Man: Part Two
The Almighty Man: Finale
Happy Birthday, Kyouka
Let's Have a Chat
Summertime Sadness
Ten
The New Day Has Come
Learning
Calm Before the Storm
The Storm

Hosu City

4.2K 150 147
By MizuToriWP

A/N: This is a fairly short chapter, only reaching about 5.5k words. It's just a short transition chapter. I was going to have a longer one, actually much MUCH longer. But, I opted to just have this short little chapter to get out to you guys now, and then the next chapter I can focus on the fight and recovery in one chapter of its own. Which shouldn't take too long, as I actually have a majority of the recovery chapter written out already from months ago.  

Actually, if you're a writer, at least write some stuff in advance. It's so helpful when you get to those points.

Like I said, this was going to be much longer.

I just figured I should give you guys this to prove I'm alive. A lot got in the way of me writing this one, but give me like at MAX a week to finish the next chapter. I still have a lot of tests coming up. 

...~AIV~...

(The Next Day: Toshinori's Office)

"You did WHAT?!"

"If I explain myself, will you not hit me?" Toshinori's muffled voice came out from under his desk.

Kyouka crossed her arms, "I make no promises."

"That's the best I'm gonna get, isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Ugh." Toshinori slowly peeked out from under the desk and gave a nervous smile to Kyouka. "You see, I simply thought it would be a nice surprise to see Young Midoriya for a day. You know, a little get together for you two."

"Oh, it would have been nice. Except now I have the pressure of your old teacher, who doesn't even think I should be here, breathing down my neck. And, now you expect me to suddenly spill a fifteen-year-old can of insecurity beans on my boyfriend."

"I never said that!"

"Yes! You did! Literally less than twelve hours ago! You even said I should do it today!"

Toshinori stood up, raising his hands up, "Okay, in my defense..."

Kyouka shifted her eyes back and forth, awaiting an answer. "...Yeah?"

"I got nothing." Putting her head in her hands, Kyouka slumped down in the chair across from All Might. "Look, when it comes to Gran Torino, he's the literal textbook definition of being a hardass. But, you already have an answer for him. It's not like he has any control or say in the matter."

Sighing, Kyouka shook her head, "Yeah, but now I feel like it'll just complicate things. He already doesn't like the fact that I'm here. Some random girl thrown into the thick of it all and refusing to leave. And, I don't really see how one measly patrol will prove anything to him. What are the chances anything even actually happens in Hosu? What, you want me to take down the Hero Killer?"

"Don't be ridiculous. He just needs to know how dedicated you are to this, and hopefully he'll be able to see the effect you have on Young Midoriya."

"Gross."

All Might facepalmed, "Not that effect! I mean his progress as a hero...Also we kinda can't get rid of you."

"As if you'd want to."

"Good, keep that attitude and you'll do just fine. Oh, and don't tell Young Midoriya."

"What? Why?"

"Like I said, this was supposed to be a surprise. But, I kinda ruined it on our end, so let's keep it intact for him."

Kyouka squinted her eyes at him, her brow furrowing, "You do remember the part of our conversation yesterday where I said Izuku has panic attacks, right? If this is how I reacted, then I think it's safe to assume he'll react ten times worse. He's the one that really has to stay on Gran Torino's good side."

"C'mon, it'll be nice. I'm sure it won't hurt him."

...~AIV~...

(Gran Torino's Apartment)

Pain. Everything was in pain.

Izuku sat up with a groan, "I love getting kicked in the stomach after lunch."

Torino crossed his arms as he sat on the edge of the roof, "Hmph. You know, I was under the impression that you were a meek, soft-spoken type. But, at times you can have quite the attitude."

Izuku chuckled to himself, "I learned from the best."

"Don't tell me Nana has been teaching you in those dreams of yours."

"Oh, n-no. Kyouka."

"Oh brother, of course you picked a mouthy one."

"Y-You don't know the half of it. Really."

"Great, now I'll have that to deal with," Torino muttered to himself. "Now, you may be a quick learner, but you still have a lot to learn about fighting."

Izuku nodded, clutching his gut as he stood up, "Y-You've made that point very clear to me."

"Eh, well, you're good enough for your first patrol, I'd say. C'mon, get suited up. We have a long train ride ahead of us."

Izuku immediately perked up, his eyes shining with anticipation, "R-Really? So soon?"

"Oh?" Sorahiko smirked, "Not feeling up to it? I guess we can stay here and spar some mor-'' He couldn't even finish his sentence before Izuku had rushed to the fire escape and began his descent back down to the apartment. "Thought so."

Torino hopped down the side of the building and made his way inside to find Izuku already zipping up his jumpsuit. "So, are we going back to Musutafu?"

"Nope. Today's patrol is going to be special for a couple reasons. The first reason is we're taking a trip to Hosu."

Izuku whipped around, his eyes wide, "H-Hosu? Why? That's where the Hero Killer is, or at least we still think he's there."

"Exactly. After that last attack, some heroes there don't even want to leave their homes, which has made some criminals seize the opportunity of having less patrolling heroes. We're bound to see some action."

Izuku slid his gauntlets on, concern etched into his features, "Fighting criminals already? I-I dunno..."

"Already? You've already fought criminals, or need I remind you of the USJ attack? Or what about the sludge monster attack Toshinori has told me about? Trust me, a few low-life goons won't be too tough for you, kid."

"Some low-life goons have guns...Wait, does One For All make me bulletproof?"

"Do you wanna find out?"

"Not really."

"Too late! Let's go."

Izuku sighed, strapping on his shoulder pads and following Torino out the door. "Wait, y-you didn't give the other reason why this patrol was special."

Sorahiko waved down a taxi with a grumble, "I've been told to keep that a surprise."

"Surprise? By who?"

"Keep asking questions and we're going back inside."

"Y-Yes, sir." They stepped inside of the taxi and Torino told the cab driver to take them to the train station.

As the taxi began its journey to the station, Torino closed the window between them and the driver. He turned to his student with a brow raised, "So, any more memories last night?"

"Not exactly."

Torino raised his brow, "Meaning?"

"Well, she was actually speaking to me, like at the Sports Festival."

"She spoke to you again? Well, what did she say?" Torino asked with legitimate curiosity.

"She s-said, 'History won't repeat itself'."

"Hmm...Was that all?"

"Well...she specifically said it wouldn't repeat itself for Kyouka and I. But, that was it." And, immediately, Izuku could tell Gran Torino didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"Of course she'd disagree with me."

"I-It didn't sound like disagreement. I-It was more like she sounded determined." All Izuku got was a grumble in response. Clearly he still wasn't too keen about bringing in another person to their efforts. "Did Nana ever mention anything about talking with past users?" Izuku asked, quick to change the subject.

"Not from what I can remember. She had about as much interaction as Toshinori did. A few random dreams here and there, shadowy faces and glowing eyes. But, communication? Actually talking to remnants of the previous wielders is completely new information to me. You're on your own for this one, kid. But, from what's been happening, it just looks like you'll have to simply wait for them to talk to you. It doesn't seem like you have much say on when you want to talk. I guess they've been keeping an eye on you though, so who knows? Maybe you just have to ask."

Watching him? Izuku's eyes widened as he thought back to all of his more intimate moments with Kyouka, "...I don't know how to feel about that."

"Well, take it up with them at your next mental rendezvous. C'mon, we're here." Stepping out of the cab, the duo made their way into the train station, both ready and unready for the events to unfold.

...~AIV~...

(1 Hour Later: Asajj Train Station)

Looking out of the window, Izuku gazed at the town around them in confusion. "W-Wait, Gran Torino, this isn't Hosu."

Sorahiko grumbled, knowing full well where they were and who awaited them there, "I'm well aware, as you should have been when you boarded the train, instead of being up in LaLa Land thinking about your girlfriend."

"I-I wasn-"

"Yes, you were."

"W-Well, I just thought we were going straight to Hosu."

"We have to make a detour. Just a quick stop before we head to Hosu."

"Oh, what for?"

"Do you wanna go on patrol or not?!"

"Y-Yes, sir!" Izuku quickly stepped off the train, leaving Torino to gaze on tiredly.

"Two teenagers? I can barely handle the one. Toshinori, don't make me regret this." He followed Izuku outside of the compartment, leading the teenager through the station towards another train line. "We're getting on the next train for this line. It goes right to Hosu."

Izuku squinted his eyes in confusion, "But, what about the detour. Aren't we here for a reason?"

"This is the detour. It's the second reason this patrol is special."

Izuku became even more confused as he looked around to find nothing out of the ordinary. "I'm sorry i-if this is a lesson, sir. But, I'm really not understanding what's so special about this."

"I dunno about you, but I'd say I'm pretty special." Izuku gasped at the voice coming from behind him, spinning around with wide eyes. He was met with perfect violet eyes and an iconic smirk. "Well, special is a bit of a weak word, don't you think? Maybe like, one-of-a-kind, or-Woah!"

Kyouka couldn't finish her remark as she was swept off of her feet in a strong hug from Izuku. "I missed you."

All Might chuckled as he approached them, "For the love of...Kids, it's only been two damn days." The pro quickly stopped talking as Kyouka shot him a quick glare before returning the hug with full force. "Right. Love and all that."

Kyouka pointed at both men, "Turn around."

'This again? C'mon, it's not a big de-"

"Around!"

"Alright, alright." Toshinori turned his back on the teenagers, grabbing Torino's shoulder so he would follow his former student's example.

Kyouka kissed Izuku with as much passion as she could muster, leaving him with a final kiss on the forehead before hugging him again. "I miss you, too. Do you like your surprise?"

Izuku backed out of the hug, a wide smile, "I would have been disappointed if it was anything else."

"Mm, you're getting really good at your smooth-talk."

"Oh God, are they always like this?" Torino sighed.

Toshinori smiled, "You have no idea. But, it's a whole lot better than if we had to watch them pine after one another for way too long."

Kyouka turned to finally meet Gran Torino. She steeled herself, already deciding on how she wanted this to go down. At first, she was just going to be as respectful and polite as possible, but then she reconsidered. All Might said to keep her confident (stubborn) attitude, and well...

Gran Torino might as well understand exactly what he was getting into...

"So..." Gran Torino began, "You're Midoriya's lady-friend."

"And you're the old man that keeps hitting him when he does something reckless and stupid. My job, by the way."

Sorahiko's eyebrows rose for a split-second, Kyouka's heart rate suddenly skyrocketing. But, then he gave a small smile, "Heh. Well, I guess I can't say I don't like your attitude. Noobie said you were a mouthy one. And, Numbskull said you were stubborn about this whole thing."

Toshinori deadpanned, "Numbskull? Really?"

"Quiet, Numbskull. I'm speaking to the lady."

Toshinori raised his hands up in exasperation and walked away towards his protege. "I'm happy you like the surprise."

Izuku's eyes lit up in realization, "This was your idea?"

"Are you kidding me? The second you accepted a separate internship from her, I could tell you already missed her. Twelve more hours and you two probably would have died from separation. Besides, I figured Torino should at least meet the girl before immediately writing her off."

"Prove that we couldn't get rid of her even if we tried?"

"Pretty much, yeah. You think he stands a chance?"

"Not even a little bit. And...thank you, All Might. This...This is great."

Toshinori nodded, his hand coming up to rustle the boy's hair, "Of course, my boy."

Soon enough, the bullet train to Hosu entered the station, and the four of them all boarded. To Izuku's surprise, he was led to the luxury compartment of the train where their own private room awaited them. Plush seats were placed on both sides of the compartment, with a table in the center. "Holy crap. A luxury compartment. I never thought I'd ever ride in these." He turned to Kyouka, a brow raised as he remembered their call from the first night of internships, "Nothing too fancy, huh? Just the essentials?"

Kyouka pouted her lips and shrugged, "I might've downplayed my living conditions at All Might's agency just a little bit."

"...You're living like a queen over there, aren't you."

"...I didn't want you to feel bad."

Izuku shook his head with a chuckle, "Like I said, as long as you're happy." He lowered his voice and leaned in towards her, "Really I'm just happy that I finally have some fresh air and not rotting wood and old man smell."

*THWACK*

"Ow!" Izuku rubbed his shin where Gran Torino had smacked it with his cane.

"I may be old, but I can still hear you."

Toshinori chuckled, "Yeah, I bought him top-of-the-line hearing aids."

*THWACK*

All Might grunted as the cane now connected to his shin instead. "Sit down, and shut up," Sorahiko growled.

Kyouka and Izuku sat down on one side of the compartment, with the former leaning against the latter, and the adults sat on the other side. Soon, the train took off, and silence rang throughout the compartment. It wasn't too long before Torino finally pulled the pin.

"Let's address the elephant in the room while we can. I can hardly breathe through all this tension."

"I'm not going anywhere," Kyouka put bluntly, not even hesitating with her response. She had been practicing what she was going to say in her head all morning leading up to the train ride. "The stakes have been explained to me, and I've accepted them. Honestly, from how you and All Might put things, it sounds like I'm dead anyway if All For One beats All Might and Izuku. So, as far as I see it, staying and helping in any way I can is better than running away."

"It wouldn't be running away," Gran Torino argued.

"If I didn't know about it, sure. But, now I do. Now I know everything that's at risk, so leaving now would be running away. I wanna be a hero, so that's out of the question. And, most importantly, I'm not leaving Izuku. It's just not happening. Believe it or not, I kinda want to go the distance with this one," Kyouka replied, pointing at Izuku, causing him to blush. "Ignoring my feelings for him, I wouldn't leave a friend behind either. Especially not when facing a superpowered madman. They're not asking for my help, but I'm going to give it to them."

"See?" Toshinori laughed, "I told you we can't get rid of her. Besides, she's Grade A Pro-Hero material." All Might suddenly puffed up into his hero form, "Giving help, even when it's not asked for, is what makes a true hero!"

A voice was suddenly heard from outside the cabin, "Woah! I think I just heard All Might!"

Toshinori deflated instantly, opening the compartment door and yelling, "No you didn't!"

"I know my parents are affected by this, too," Kyouka continued, "And I'll tell them in time, but honestly, even if they told me the same thing you are, I wouldn't leave."

Gran Torino stared at her for a few moments before turning towards the window, "I guess that's that."

The other three all widened their eyes, looking at one another before turning back to Gran Torino. "...That's it?" Kyouka asked.

"Yep."

"You just...accept it now?"

"I can't convince you to leave, so what can I do?" The group once again sat in silence, and none of them were convinced that was the end of the conversation. But, Kyouka didn't push it. She would just have to wait for a better opportunity. For now, she would just do her best to prove her worth during the patrol.

"S-So," Izuku began, turning to his girlfriend, "do you think we'll see Iida while we're there?"

Kyouka shrugged, "Hopefully. If not to just see how he's doing, then to keep him from finding trouble."

All Might scoffed, "Young Iida finding trouble? I doubt it. He tried to report someone for taking an, and I quote, 'unauthorized picture' with one of the heroes as they were leaving campus."

Izuku nervously chuckled, "I-I'm sure he was just trying to protect their image."

"She was seven."

"I-..." Izuku raised a finger to try and defend Iida, but lowered it with a defeated sigh.

Kyouka chuckled, "What we mean is, Iida's brother was attacked by the Hero Killer. When we were leaving for our internships, we noticed that Iida got on a train for Hosu. And, well..."

"Mm, I see," Toshinori sighed, rubbing his chin in thought. "You really think Young Iida would actively search for the Hero Killer?"

"Actively? I don't think so. Even in the state he's in now, Iida wouldn't ditch his pro-hero...Well, not yet. He's probably waiting for the Hero Killer to attack again in hopes of catching him. That is, if we're assuming the worst case scenario here."

"Well, I guess I can't blame the kid. I'd be angry, too. But, when your loved ones get hurt, you tend to act out in blind rage. He could leave himself vulnerable."

"Mrhm." All eyes turned to Gran Torino at the noise he made. "...What?"

"Something to say, Torino."

"No, why?"

Toshinori deadpanned at his former teacher, "Because it sounded like you were making a disgruntled noise at the fact that I brought up loved ones getting hurt and being left vulnerable. Sounds pretty similar to a conversation we had not five minutes ago."

"Not at all. Like I said, what's done is done." Toshinori rolled his eyes, completely unconvinced, but didn't touch on the subject further. "I don't know what you're all worried about, anyway. The odds of running into the Hero Killer are slim-to-none. Besides, with the entire city now on high alert, he's most likely laying low for the time-being. We'll be just fine."

Izuku rubbed his temples, and Kyouka sighed heavily, dropping her head into her hands before saying, "You've ruined it."

Torino peered at the teen, "Excuse me?"

"The fact that you said that means something is going to go horribly wrong. Something is probably going wrong as we speak."

...~AIV~...

(Yokohama City: League of Villains Bar)

"So..." Stain peered at the young man across from him, "...you want me to join your little gang?"

Shigaraki smiled beneath his hand, leaning his elbow on the countertop, "Exactly. You're a pro when it comes to being evil."

"Hmm..." Stain's expression suddenly grew to a slightly annoyed one, his eyes squinting in questioning, "And, what're you after exactly?"

"Well, isn't it obvious after our attack on UA?" Tomura picked up a pile of pictures next to him, flashing them at Stain, "We want to kill All Might, and all those like him. But, for now, I want to make a name for our group. To start, I want to destroy everything I hate. Like, this kid, for instance," Tomura tapped the picture of Izuku Midoriya. "And, her." Then, he tapped a picture of Kyouka Jirou. "This brat and his little girlfriend are half the reason my favorite Nomu is dead. And, the green one managed to land a hit on me, and I don't like that. Not at all."

Stain's glare turned into a full-blooded sneer, "I can't believe that for a moment, I was slightly interested in what you had in mind. But, you...No...You're the kind I hate the most." Everyone in the room was suddenly on guard as Stain began unsheathing his sword, "You're nothing, but a temper-tantrum-throwing brat. You know nothing of conviction, of purpose, of true goals. Your bloodlust is meaningless."

Kurogiri turned towards the wall-mounted television, "Sensei, should I stop this?"

"No, this is fine."

"But, Sense-ACK!" Kurogiri grabbed his arm, a fresh cut oozing out blood from it, Then, his body suddenly went still, not able to move a single muscle. Shigaraki was next, shoved to the floor with Stain's blade digging into his shoulder. "I-...I-I can't move."

"We live in a world," Stain began, "filled with fake heroes. Scam artists. The word hero itself has lost meaning. But, criminals who aimlessly throw around their weight...You're just as bad. Both of you make me sick. You'll join those who have fallen to my purge. You, and the talking TV over there." Stain pulled his blade up, ready to slash down on Tomura. But, the villain grabbed Stain's weapon, decaying it before his eyes.

"Not this hand," Tomura said, referring to the one on his face, "You don't touch this one." Stain quickly jumped back, not wanting to be on the receiving end of Tomura's quirk. He examined his sword, grunting as the rest of it crumbled away and fell to the floor. "Convictions? Nah, I don't have any of those. All Might...Now that's my drive. I want him, and the society that worships him, dead and gone from this world."

Stain once again peered curiously at the young man, "Maybe...Just maybe..."

"What the hell are you muttering about? Kurogiri, get him the hell out of here. I've heard enough of his bullshit. I don't want him as a party member anymore."

"Our goals couldn't be any further apart, but...changing the status quo? That, we agree upon. But, only time will tell if you really do have convictions after all. If not, I'll deal with you then. But, for now, you get to live." Stain released Kurogiri from his hold, putting his decayed sword hilt on his belt.

Tomura grabbed a towel from behind the counter, pressing it into his wound, "I don't care. Leave."

"Send me back to Hosu. I have some people I still need to take care of there."

"Do as he says, Kurogiri," The TV said. The bartender opened a portal, allowing the Hero Killer to take his leave.

Tomura turned towards the television, a snarl in his voice, "...Sensei, I want to bring out the Nomu."

...~AIV~...

(Asajj Station Bullet Train: Outside of Hosu City)

"I just don't get it!" All Might exclaimed exasperated, "Why didn't they wanna talk to me?" Izuku had just finished retelling All Might about One For All's sudden communication with him, including the one from the night prior.

Kyouka smirked, "You're just jealous."

"I am no-Okay, a little. But, c'mon! Nothing I did warranted even a little bit of advice? They could've been helpful a long time ago."

Izuku shook his head, "Honestly, I'm even more confused than when this all started, so I wouldn't exactly call it helpful." Turning to look out the window, Izuku noticed how much time had passed since their departure, "H-Hey, is it too late for patrol? The sun is already setting."

"Are you kidding?" Gran Torino chimed in. "Night's perfect! There are sure to be more incidents at night. More action, and way more fun."

"We're doomed," Kyouka muttered to herself.

"Ah, great," All Might groaned as he looked down at his phone. "My intern has just informed me that paparazzi spotted Endeavor patrolling in Hosu. No doubt, he's hunting for the Hero Killer."

"What's the big deal?" Kyouka asked. "It's not like he'll recognize you like this."

"It doesn't mean I want to cross paths with him. Besides, he knows you two, and I don't feel like raising any questions."

Izuku nodded in agreement, "It would be nice to see Todoroki, too. But, Endeavor and I didn't exactly get off on the right foot."

Kyouka crossed her arms, leaning back in her chair, "I'm not too keen on meeting him again either, especially after what Todoroki told us. Although, I'm sure he's not enjoying himself all alone with the man. Maybe we should just bite the bullet an-..." Kyouka suddenly sat up straight in her seat, her eyes widening, "Does anyone else hear screaming...and...screeching? And, both getting closer at an alarming ra-"

She was interrupted as they all lurched forward, the train coming to a halt. The intercom suddenly buzzed in overhead, *"Passengers, please remain seated. We're making an emergency sto-

*CRASH*

The train car shook violently, and screams could be heard from outside their compartment. They all jumped up and ran out to see a pro-hero had crash-landed inside of the train. And, standing just at the massive hole in the train car, was a four-eyed, gangly...

"Nomu!?" Izuku and Kyouka shouted at the same time. It didn't look the same as before, but it was definitely related to the USJ Nomu.

Toshinori quickly pushed the teens back into the compartment, "Stay here! You're not ready for these things! Torino?"

"Already on it!" The old man's air jets activated, and he rammed straight into the Nomu, sending them both flying out of the train and into the city.

Toshinori looked through the hole and saw bright orange lights on the cityscape, with pillars of smoke coming from them. "Damn it. This thing has been busy." All Might ran towards the train bathroom as quickly as possible to transform out of sight.

Kyouka turned to Izuku, "We really staying?"

"Is that even a question?"

"Thought not." They both ran from the train car, the conductor yelling after them to come back.

"Hang on!"

"What do you me-AAAAH!" Izuku grabbed onto Kyouka, picking her up and jumping from the rail line, bouncing off the side of a building and down to the streets below. As soon as they came to a halt at the main road, Kyouka left Izuku's arms and punched him hard in the shoulder, "How about a little warning before you grab me and JUMP OFF A BUILDING!"

Izuku rubbed his shoulder and winced in pain, "S-Sorry."

Kyouka sighed, "I repeat, you're so lucky you're cute. C'mon." They rushed around the corner to the city plaza, their eyes widening at the chaos ensuing before them. Not one, but three Nomu's were wrecking the city. Pros were everywhere, doing their best to take them down, but most of their efforts were fruitless.

"I thought we told you two to stay put!" The teens looked up to see Gran Torino on a light pole, scuffed and covered in dust and debris. "You really do have a problem with recklessness, don't you kid?!"

"I-I can't help it! Woah!" Izuku grabbed Kyouka and ducked them down as a large chunk of concrete was thrown their way. "We thought you'd need back-up!"

"SKREEE!!!" They all turned to see the Nomu from the train charging in their direction, effortlessly batting other pros out of the way to reach them. They readied themselves for a fight, just before...

"I AM HERE!!!" In a flash of red, white, and blue, The lanky, four-eyed Nomu was sent careening into a nearby building. "As the back-up!" All Might stood before them, his fist smoking and outstretched. "You two! Just stay back. We'll handle this." Suddenly, erupting from inside a nearby cafe, a large Nomu whose only facial feature was his bottom jaw and was about the size of the Nomu from the USJ, jumped at Toshinori and threw a punch. Except, unlike the USJ Nomu, All Might caught the fist with ease. The creature tried to pull out its fist, but All Might's grip was too strong. "Oh, I see. You're not as strong as your big brother, hm? Well, I guess that means..." Toshinori winded back his arm, "...this should be a lot more fun."

*CRACK!!!*

"SMAAASH!!!"

The Nomu rocketed down the street and straight into a wrecked semi. Torino landed next to his former student with a roll of his eyes, "Show off."

"Been a while since we fought together, Torino. Whaddya say, two-on-three?"

"And hear you ramble on with your stupid phrases? Ah, what the hell? Why not?"

"Yep," Kyouka said, emphasizing the "p" at the end, "I think they got this covered."

Izuku and Kyouka watched as the battle raged on, neither sure how they could help. It seemed like All Might had everything handled. That was, until they heard Normal Hero: Manual yell out near them, "Tenya! Tenya! Agh, where the hell did he go? Why would he run off at a time like this?!"

Izuku's heart dropped at Manual's words. Iida, of all people, running off from his hero in Hosu. Turning to Kyouka, Izuku looked at her with a less than optimistic face, "Y-You don't think Iida would...?"

"I don't think you want me to answer that."

"Damn it. C'mon!" The couple took off into a sprint down the street. "Sixty-percent of the Hero Killer's victims were found around blind corners in deserted areas. Manual's agency was right at the center of chaos, so Iida couldn't have gotten far. We need to check all the back alleys."

"Izuku, what's my quirk?"

Izuku furrowed his brow, "What?"

"What's my quirk?"

"I don't understa-..." Izuku skid to a halt, turning around to face Kyouka with a deadpan expression, "Where is he?"

"Gimme a second." Kyouka turned up her headphones, trying to block out all of the sound from the Nomu attack and focus purely on any voices she could hear in the other direction.

["Evacuate the area!"]

["There's someone trapped in that building!"]

["You're still the criminal who hurt my brother!"]

"Got him!"

Izuku crouched down, his body glowing brightly, "Hop on and point the way!" Kyouka jumped on, and the two began weaving their way through streets and alleys. Izuku began running through all the details in his head before coming upon an unfortunate possibility. "If Iida found the Hero Killer during the Nomu attack, y-you don't think he's working with the League, do you?"

"Izuku, I'm begging you, please use that undying optimism of yours right now, or else I'm the one who's going to start having panic attacks."

"R-Right, I'm sure it's just a coincidence...but..."

"Izuku!"

"Sorry!"

Kyouka pointed to her left, "Around that corner!" Izuku jumped up and bounced off of the wall, looking down the dark alley to see a figure looming over Iida, preparing to finish the teen off. Izuku leapt from the wall, focusing excess power into his hand, "SMASH!" Izuku fired One For All out of his hands, shocking the villain and sending him back down the alley.

"Midoriya? Jirou? Wh-? What are you doing here?! Leave! This is my fight!"

Kyouka scoffed as she hopped down from Izuku's back, "A fight you're clearly winning. How could we assume anything else?"

"This is not the time for sarcasm!"

Kyouka bent down to lift her friend up, "Never tell me that. Just let us save you!"

"To save him, huh? Pretty good line."

Izuku's eyes widened as the assailant turned back around, rubbing the cheek that Izuku punched. Izuku fully realized who they were standing across from. He had expected it, but he was really hoping it wasn't going to be true. "Oh..."

"Shit," Kyouka finished.

The Hero Killer cracked his neck, his eyes boring into the heroes-in-training, "But, you're both interfering with my work. It's my job to kill these two fakes. You've given me no reason to kill you just yet, but you've also given me no reason to keep you alive. So, if you force my hand, then..." He raised his sword, pointing at the two new arrivals, "Your fate will match theirs."

...~AIV~...

A/N: ...One of the things that got in the way of me finishing this chapter was watching "The Batman" three times. But, I am still blameless in this. It's not my fault it's so good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 84 15
Reiji and Ai, two bonded hearts, each love one another. Ai doesn't understand the feeling around Reiji, but he somehow likes it. Reiji, on the othe...
669K 30.9K 47
Two pretty soulmates. The crazy patient, and his amateur psychologist bae. 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐒: Complete. R𝟏𝟖+ | ©━ 𝘄𝘂𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗶 Kurokawa Izana x f!r...
16.2K 240 9
Nejire is stressing about the upcoming mission to save the little girl known as Eri, and Tamaki is worried about her. While Mirio is away at his work...
28.6K 688 18
The most earnest and kindest hero student turns out to be kinda broken. He gets caught doing something not exactly fitting for a hero student. A bud...