How Deku Became a Glorified C...

By Passing_Ghost_Friend

This is the story of how Midori, the quirk analyst of the underground, became the official getaway driver of... More

Giran Finds a Homeless Kid
Little Timeskip
Meet Your New Driver
Bonding
Twice's House is Awesome! It might suck...
The Meeting
Eri
The Beginning to the End
Getting Through It, Falling Through It
Riya?
Racer 'Sparkplug' Riya
Fighting a Cult
Stealing from an Outside Mall is not Always the Best Plan
The Doctor
Glorified Janitor
Escape from the Lair
Reunited
Uncle Giran is in Trouble
It's Time
My Ride's Here
Giant Fight
The End is Just the Start
End of Part 1. Continue with Series
Oneshot: Chasting After a High!
Oneshot: Breaking into a Hopsital Counts as a Hospital Visit
Oneshot: Magne's Date (ft The League of Villains)

Overhaul is a Dick

7.6K 400 77
By Passing_Ghost_Friend

After Kurogiri had left to 'check up on something important', the League was left to their own devices in the same building. Dabi was in the corner napping under one of the sheets covering the furniture. While Twice was probably back at his own place.

So the rest of the League was relaxing near each other. Toga was relaxing back on a wooden box while Spinner leaned against a wall behind her. Mr. Compress was swinging his feet while he sat on a pile of wooden boxes. Midori was sitting right by Magne on the other side.

Shigaraki was in the middle of it all acting like a rundown couch cushion on a box was like a throne.

And that's when Twice came running into the building. "Hey, guys! I think I found a new member!"

Behind him, a masked man walked in. When the man walked closer, Midori could feel himself tensing up that went unnoticed by the other since their attention was on the potential new member walking in.

Midori gulped when he noticed the infamous plague mask, instantly recognizing who had walked through the door. If the mask didn't give it away, the purple fur coat would have clued him in to the fact that the leader of the Shie Hassaikai had come to visit.

He only knew him from the few times he had given analysis on some kind of blood sample and a few quirks on Overhaul's team.

Shigaraki hums, "Hmm. Looks like you brought in some new fish to fry, Twice."

Overhaul walks forwards until he is at the center of the floor, "You think so? That's strange coming from the league of villains."

Magne grimaces, "What gives? Is this guy famous in the underground or what?"

"Sensei showed me a picture of him before," Shigaraki answered. "He's part of the Shie Hassaikai Yakuza. and he is the young head of it

"He's in charge of it? Are you serious?" Magne asked, her voice lowered into a whisper. "Is he going to be like the guys from the mafia romance books?"

Toga spoke up while Izuku held back laughter from Magne's comment. "What's the deal? We are all criminals here, what makes this guy so special?"

Mr. Compress remarks from his high seat on the box tower, "He's part of the only surviving Yakuza from the time that All Might took over the hero scene. But frankly, they are obsolete since many Yakuza before became low life criminals and thugs since their numbers went so low. They are basically an endangered species compared to regular thugs in the street."

"Endanger species, huh?" Overhaul commented.

"So why is this Yakuza man here?" Magne turned her head to address the man directly. "Are you also getting high off the fact that All Might recently retired?"

"It's good that the number one is gone, sure. But I'm more interested in what All for One's teachings left behind," Overhaul took a step back and turned his head to look at the members before him. "And let me say that this lineup is disappointing."

Shigaraki stood up from his fake throne, Excuse me?"

"You had Moonfish and Muscular on your team. And the infamous hero killer Stain on your side. Both were formidable players that could have done much more," Overhaul explained with a monotone voice. "But you lost them to the heroes. For a future leader, you look like you will never make the same impact that the big bad of All for One had during his time.

"Hey," Shigaraki interrupted, making Midori focus more on him than the interaction happening between them. "Let me make one thing clear. I'm the next leader. Even now I'm gathering my troops to have more in number to increase our combined power to turn hero society into dust.

"Wow, you have an actual plan. Unbelievable," Overhaul said with a slow clap to exaggerate the sarcasm in his voice.

"Watch your tongue, Yakuza nobody," Shigaraki said before looking at Twice from the corner of his eye. "And here I thought Twice brought you here to join forces.

Midori glanced over at Twice to see him starting to pace with a hand over his mouth, "Twice?"

"Don't look at me. I'm confused too!" Twice whisper-yelled towards him. He looked over to see both leaders glaring at each other through their masks. "I thought it would work out."

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." Overhaul strides a bit closer until the dim lighting from the holes in the ceiling made little dots of light appear on his body. "Unlike you, I have an actual plan. So with just a wish under your belt, why should I join you? What happens after you increase your forces? Do you even know how to organize your lead? What happens when all the power spirals out of control? Do you seriously think you're going to stop it?"

Midori could see Shigaraki clench his fists tightly as he straightened up from where he stood.

"You need direction and order to achieve your goals. So instead of me joining you, how about helping me?

"You brought this idiot here without knowing his full intentions, Twice?" Shigaraki interrupted with a grimace on his face.

A noise came from where Dabi was supposed to be napping when Overhaul started to talk more about his reasoning. Midori turned his head to see Dabi peeking out from behind the sheet, eavesdropping onto what was going down.

"Since I'm a small-time Yakuza, no one really wants to invest in my group. But you have the widespread connection and money. So put yourself under me," Overhaul ordered strictly as he raised his gloved hands up to them like he was a preacher. "Make me your new leader. With my direction, I will show you exactly how to use the right tools.

There was a brief moment of silence where anyone could hear a pin drop before Shigaraki's scratchy voice filled the air with a harsh demand.

"Leave. Now."

"Sorry about your ego," Magne quickly stood up with a glare, throwing a large magnet over her shoulder as she started to run towards the man to attack him. Midori could see Magne's quirk starting with a layer of blue covering Overhaul's body. "But we didn't join together to put ourselves under someone's boot like a chewed up piece of gum!"

"Wait, no!" Midori tried to call out as soon as Overhaul started to remove his gloves. He scrambled to stand up, making Twice look back at him in confusion about why he was trying to stop Magne from beating his ass.

Magne ran forward, swinging the magnet over her shoulder like she was about to swing it like a bat. "We're here because we don't want to be bound by people like you!"

And just like Midori read about, Overhaul used his quirk. It didn't look like much at first since Mgane froze for a second only for her body to suddenly explode in a gush of blood, leaving behind her legs.

Toga's broken voice added into the stunned silence., "No...Big sis..."

"Just remember you made the first move," Overhaul grimaced, waving his hand in the air like he was trying to flick the blood off of his skin. "Ugh, I'm filthy."

Midori made a move as soon as he saw Mr. Compress jump from the box tower he was sitting on. "Twice, hold Mr. Compress back!

Twice startled out of the trance he was in to grab onto the magician only to look back at the young teen in confusion. Twice's white eye areas of his costume widened when Midori was approaching Overhaul. "What are you doing?!"

Midori ignores Twice's hell to walk up to Overhaul, stopping in front of Magne's corpse. He gulped while the Yakuza looked him up and down.

The Yakuza head stared at him, "Ah, you are a new member too?"

"I'm more of the glorified chauffeur actually," Midori answered with a tense grin.

"What business do you have approaching me?

"Chisaki Kai. Overhaul. Current leader of the Shie Hassaikai," Midori stared at him with an icy glare. Overhaul straightened up with a glare, his fingers reached out for his other glove. "I suggest we talk and come to an understanding about how this will end up before I decide to leak every single bit of information I have on you, your group and the locations of every single one of your headquarters to everybody in the underground.

Overhaul aborted the motion to get rid of his other glove. Midori continued, "And don't think it wouldn't make it to the heroes. If anything I will make sure it leaks out to every single enemy or ally you might have."

"Hmm. Something tells me you aren't just a driver. With that specific information, I would come to the conclusion that... you are Midori."

"That is correct," Midori started, ignoring Mr. Compress shouting at Twice to let him go. "If you need proof, you can call up my business partner right now, he will vouch for me.

"Oh, so you are Midori? You are well known in the underground. You have helped us before..." Overhaul narrowed his eyes at him. He walked forward while pulling his gloves further over his hands. "... so why are you hesitating with me now? Why are you threatening me and my group? In fact, why are you with this lowlife league of villains? If you needed a new job, you could have just worked under me."

"Don't think of it as threatening, think of it as a warning. I will never EVER lend my services to you again if you don't bring her back," Midori demanded strongly, gesturing to the legs leftover from the blast. "And you should know that I always keep my word."

Overhaul sighs and looks down at the splatter on the ground. "You mean him?"

"Her," Midori corrected strictly, he could practically feel the hatred filled glares of the members behind him. All aiming their glares at the Yakuza leader. At least he hoped. "Do it now. Or else I will no longer help any of you in your organization or your allies."

Midori leaned forward with a sneer in his face. "And they won't be happy to hear that the famous analyst isn't cooperating with them because of you. Especially since after you took power over the previous leader, they have been very hesitant to work with you. I wonder if they will still provide after they learn that you are responsible for the fact that they won't get Midori's infamous analysis anymore."

"Fine," Overhaul reaches out with his bare hand once again to touch the Jean covered legs of the leftover corpse. In a flash of blood and flesh, Magne was there again without her sunglasses covering her eyes. The sunglasses were now warped pile of plastic morphed on the floor which left her expression vulnerable to everyone around. The magnet weapon she had carried was longer and thinner than the intimidating size hit was before. It looked weaker

Spinner rushed forward towards them hurriedly reaching forward to tug Magne back with him. Izuku looked back at Magne to see her weakly walking with him to Toga and Twice. Midori whipped his head around when he heard Mr. Compress scream only to see Overhaul had taken the magician's arm.

"I was acting in self defense yet again," Overhaul defended himself easily, directing the statement towards Midori. He fixed his plague mask further up his face while Midori stepped away to get Mr. Compress further away from him

Shigaraki stalked towards him before breaking into a run with his hand outstretched towards him. "You'll pay for that!"

"Don't," Midori protested with a bored tone in his voice which was enough to make Mr. Compress huffs a laugh at him.

"Shield," Overhaul ordered as Shigaraki got closer. A masked man appeared right in front of him as Shigaraki touched his fingers to the random man, making him disintegrate with a sharp groan. Shigaraki glared at him as Overhaul wiped his hands off on his coat.

The league of villains watched as a small number of men appeared from behind Overhaul including a very large muscular man, a small black and white puppet, and a young man with hair that ended in arrow shapes.

"There. Now we are more than ever since you took down one of my men," Overhaul explained with a bored look in his eyes. "But I have seen enough here to know I wouldn't want to invest time or money in this incompetent organization. But my offer still remains for you to join me despite this altercation."

"Now then, I will take my leave." Overhaul announced, ordering his men to follow after him, leaving behind the two blood stains on the ground. He paused before the door to talk over his shoulder, "And Midori... my offer to you will remain open for however long needed."

"What a douchebag," Spinner said once enough silence had passed.

"He's gone. It's over," Mr. Compress said through gritted teeth. Midori walked away from him to pull off a sheet covering an end table. He pulled Mr. Compress by his other arm, and started to wrap the sheet around the stump left behind by Overhaul.

Midori remained silent as he wrapped the sheet around Mr. Compress' wound. Mr. Compress looked momentarily shocked when Midori had started to process before wincing when the teen wrapped his wound tightly.

"That should stop the bleeding," Midori started simply with a somber expression. "You might want to cut off the access with a knife or scissors. And I'm sure we have some heavy painkillers to help with the pain somewhere around here."

"I am sorry that I wasn't able to help further," Midori said. He could have been more threatening if Shigaraki hadn't killed one of his men.

He knew how Overhaul worked. It was a life against an arm in Chisaki's eyes that meant that the League owed him more than he owed them.

But in all honesty, he still would not have stopped the attempts on Overhaul's arm. After hearing about some of his plans through the underground, Overhaul's ideas left a bad taste in his mouth.

"No need to apologize for that. You put your life on the line to save Magne," Mr. Compress said behind his mask. From his labored breaths, Midori could tell that he was holding back from either crying or screaming from the pain he was in. "I'm just grateful that he is gone."

Midori jogged over to where Magne was sitting down with Himiko and Twice next to her. Twice was apologizing under his breath while Toga was hugging onto her arm tightly. "Magne, are you alright? Any lasting injuries? I can find some first aid if you need it."

"Midori," Magne whispered, gesturing for him to come closer. He knelt down only for the taller woman to pull him into a soft hug. It reminded him of the hugs that Kubo would give him after a long day's work. It was filled with comfort that reminded him of home. "Thank you. I thought I was a goner."

"It's nothing," Midori mumbled into her shoulder. Patting her back once the shirt hug had ended and gave a small smile. "I'm glad you're okay now, Magne."

"You know you can just call me Big Sis."

"I'm sorry Big Sis, it's all my fault," Twice sobbed. He bowed down and told her. "It's my fault you got hurt since I brought him here. I thought we could have a new ally, but he just hurt you and Compress too."

"It's alright. I will just need to contact Gibran about somehow getting a new arm," Mr. Compress reassured him while he walked up to them with the red stained white sheet wrapped around his arm.

"Twice," Shigaraki said, approaching the man who was kneeling on the ground. Midori could see Twice tense up before standing up to look the leader in the face.

"I'm sorry, Shigaraki," Twice rubbed at the white eyes of his mask. "I'm such a loser!"

"This is no time to be acting like we are weak," Shigaraki scratched his neck. His eyes narrowed towards the way that Overhaul left. "We need to regroup and move somewhere temporarily since this building is compromised."

Twice sniffed through his mask, "I know a place."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 67 10
On his first day at U.A high school, Izuku Midoriya was expelled by Shota Aizawa aka Eraserhead for being quirkless despite the man knowing that the...
1.7K 114 4
Aged up Eri, meaning she's about the same age as class 1-A students. Eri was living a miserable life with Overhaul, but she escaped it. No heroes int...
5.5K 158 17
After experiencing the corruption and injustice of society first hand, Izuku reevaluates his concept of a 'hero', decides he doesn't particularly wan...
751K 35.6K 21
"hi!! I saw a flyer that said that the league of villains were hiring??", a cute girl said as she entered the hideout of the notorious villains. β˜…ε½‘ h...