Starting in class B: Ayanokou...

By Chaoszweihander15

Name: Ayanokouji Kiyone Class: 1-B Student ID: S01T004651 Club affiliations: none Date of birth: October 20th... More

Arc 1 prologue: Ayanokouji Kiyone's soliloquy
Arc 1 chapter 1: a new life
Arc 1 chapter 2: classroom
Arc 1 chapter 3: introductions, shopping.
Arc 1 chapter 4: interrogation for dummies
Arc 1 chapter 5: Enter, Kikyou Kushida
Arc 1 chapter 7: Horikita Manabu/muscle fetish
Arc 1 chapter 8:
Arc 1 chapter 9: Uno de Mayo
Arc 1 chapter 10: a rude awakening
Arc 1 chapter 11: an angel? Or a demon?
🍋Arc 1 chapter 12: clipped wings🍋
Arc 1 chapter 13: insurance
Arc 1 chapter 14: midterms
Side story: Ayanokouji's love life
Arc 2 chapter 1: delayed income
Arc 2 chapter 2: Attack of the bitch!
🍋Arc 2 chapter 3: rejected 😎 🍋
Arc 2 chapter 4: it's official
Arc 2 chapter 5: a chat with Ichinose
Arc 1 chapter 6: out with the old...
Arc 1 chapter 7: ...and in with the new
Arc 2 chapter 8: they all give up in the end
🍋Arc 2 chapter 9: Ichinose's submission🍋
Quick note
Arc 2 chapter 10: a (very short) crucial choice
Arc 2 chapter 11: a larger choice
A (slightly less) disappointing announcement
Arc 3 prologue
Arc 3 chapter 1: A redheaded annoyance
Arc 3 chapter 2: the boundary between heaven and hell.
Arc 3 chapter 3: Special Examination.
Arc 3 chapter 4: twist
A warning.
Arc 3 chapter 5: start the party
Arc 3 chapter 6: the end of the party
I'm sorry

Arc 1 chapter 6: the club fair

1.9K 63 14
By Chaoszweihander15

Kanzaki and I returned to class after the business with Kushida. about 10 people had remained in the room. Some had pushed their desks together so they could all eat as a group, while other, more solitary students quietly ate their lunches alone. Everyone here had brought a lunch box from the cafeteria or convenience store.

I was talking with Kanzaki at our desks, when music played through the speakers.

"At 17:00 Japan Standard Time today, we will be holding a club fair in Gymnasium No. 1. Students interested in joining a club, please gather in Gymnasium No. 1."

A girl with a sweet voice gave the announcement. Club activities, huh? Come to think of it, I'd never joined a club before.

"Hey, Kanzaki?"

"Mhm?"

"Are you interested in joining a club?"

"Not really. Not my kind of thing, I'm afraid," he shot down my idea.

"O-oh..."

"Well, since you apparently want to go find out about the clubs, do you intend to join one?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm not sure, I guess. I'm still thinking about it. Probably not, though."

"You don't plan to join a club, but you want to go to a club fair? How odd."

"Do you want to come to the club fair with me?" I asked.

"Hmm. Sure. I suppose, even if I don't want to join a club, it'll be a fun thing to do," he accepted.

"Did I hear you two talking about the club fair?" Ichinose, who had just sat down, asked us.

"Yeah. Would you like to come, Ichinose-san?" I asked.

"Yes, of course. It'll be fun!" She said.

"There are more people here than I expected."

After class had ended for the day, Me, Kanzaki, Ichinose and a few other members of class B went to the gymnasium. Nearly all of the students assembled there were freshmen. There were about a hundred people waiting around. We stood near the back of the room and waited for the fair to begin. While waiting, we glanced over the pamphlet that students received upon entering the gymnasium. The pamphlet contained detailed information about club activities.

"I wonder if this school has famous clubs? For example, something like karate?"

"Every club seems to operate on a high level. It looks like many athletes and club members here are famous throughout the nation."

Even though this school didn't seem like a top-tier institution for activities like baseball and ballet, the clubs here certainly looked great.

"These facilities are significantly more substantial than ordinary schools. Look, the even have O2 chambers. The equipment here is so luxurious, it puts the professionals' stuff to shame. Oh, but it looks like they don't have a karate club after all."

"I see."

"What? We're you interested in karate or something?" I asked.

"Well, I got my black belt last year. It would have been nice to practice at an official club, so I don't get flimsy," he admitted.

"Wow, Kanzaki. That's really impressive," I gave him a pat on the back.

"Although, despite your expertise, it seems like it'll be hard for newcomers to get into athletic clubs," I said. "Even if a first-year student managed to break in, they still might just be a benchwarmer forever. I can't think that would be much fun."

Everything around here seemed far too orderly.

"Wouldn't that depend on one's efforts, though? Surely by training for one or two years, anyone could get in and play."

Training, huh? I didn't think I'd be able to put in that amount of effort, no matter how desperate I was.

"Thank you all for waiting, first-year students. We will now begin the club fair. A representative from each club will now explain their function. My name is Tachibana, the student council secretary, and the club fair's organiser. It's nice to meet you all."

After Tachibana delivered the opening remarks, representatives from each club quickly lined up on a stage. It was quite a diverse crowd. The club representatives included everything from burly athletes in judo uniforms to students dressed in beautiful kimonos.

"Hey, if you want to get a fresh start, why not try joining an athletic club? The judo club looks good, doesn't it? That upperclassman looks kind, and I'm sure he'd encourage you."

"What do you mean, 'kind'?! He looks like a gorilla! He'd kill me for sure!" I snapped.

"He'll probably talk passionately about how easy judo is."

"Cut it out!"

I liked the easy banter I had with Kanzaki. Except when he teased me.

"Even if I wanted to join, the athletic clubs loom all really intimidating. I get the impression they don't accept beginners."

"Beginners should be welcomed. The more members a club has, the more money they receive from the school. That's how they're able to get better training equipment."

"Sounds like they're using the beginners for money..."

(Been there)

"It would be ideal to gather many new members as a budgetary increase, and then simply to bench them the rest of the time, like phantom members. If you were skilled at manipulation, that is."

"What an unpleasant world...you have a pretty strange way of thinking," I muttered, knowing full well I was trained to manipulate people.

A girl dressed in archery gear stepped onto the stage.

"Hello, my name is Hashigaki, the captain of the archery club. Many students may be under the impression that archery is an old-fashioned, simple activity, but it is actually a fun and rewarding sport. We welcome beginners with open arms. If you're interested, please consider joining."

"Hey, look, they seem to be welcoming newcomers. Why don't you try joining? In order to 'increase their budget', that is," I said, doing an impression of Kanzaki.

"Shut up," he laughed, pushing me away. I laughed back.

Every time one club finished and the next sprang up, the first-year students talked among themselves about what they thought. I noticed the gymnasium's atmosphere was rather lively. Each club's representatives, including their supervising instructions, continued to explain their organisations to the unruly first-year students without a hint of displeasure. Perhaps they were just that desperate for new members, even if their ranks only increased by one.

As the upperclassmen finished their introductions, they walked off the stage and headed toward an area where some plain tables had been set up. Probably a reception area designed to accept new members. Eventually, everyone walked off until only one person remained. Everyone focused their attention upon him.

He appeared to be about 170 centimetres in height, so he wasn't very tall. He was slender, with sleek black hair. He wore sharp glasses and had a piercing, calculating gaze. Standing in front of the microphone, he calmly looked around at the first-year students. What was his club, and what in the world was he going to say? My interest had been piqued.

Unfortunately, my expectations were dashed immediately. He didn't say a single word. Maybe he was drawing a blank? Or perhaps he was so nervous that he couldn't speak?

"Do your best!"

"Did you forget to bring your notecards?"

"Hahahahaha!"

The first-year students hurled comments at him. However, the upperclassman stood on the stage calmly, without trembling. The laughter and comments didn't seem to faze him. When the laughter had reached a crescendo, it suddenly died. He wore an apathetic expression.

"What's with this guy?" Remarked an astonished student. The gymnasium buzzed with people talking, yet the boy on the stage still did not move. He simply stood there, quiet and motionless, staring fixedly at the crowd.

The relaxed atmosphere gradually changed, and things took an unexpected turn. It was as if some chemical reaction had taken place. An unbelievably tense, quiet mood gripped the entire gymnasium. Even though no orders had been given, the silence was so terrible that it seemed to have gagged everyone. Not a single student looked able to open his or her mouth. The silence continued for about thirty seconds or so...

Then, the student started his speech, slowly scanning the crowd.

"I'm the student council president. My name is Horikita Manabu."

Authors notes
1360 words
Yeah a little bit different from the ln but not much.
If you don't understand Ayanokouji/Kanzaki friendship, they're just bros.
Not much else to say really
Hope you're all doing well and I hope you enjoyed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 393 7
During the Entrance Ceremony in the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing Highschool gymnasium, a massive spell of light appeared throughout the gymn...
16.4K 688 13
The White Room has been revealed to the world. The facility is no more. Two years after graduating from ANHS, Ayanokoji turns to the one option of es...
11K 322 4
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...
68.1K 1.9K 12
FanFiction, dedicated to the anime named Classroom of The Elite. I do not own the characters and places throughout the story. However, the plot will...