RUSE || Taekook

By thequeermuskateer

Four Targets, One Shot. The FBI thinks Agent Jungkook has been kidnapped by one of the top five most dangerou... More

Phase I: Decipher
ONE || O1F4A5
TWO || J5O3O1
THREE || J5C3J3A5A5
FOUR || C1F5O1J3
FIVE || C1C4O2A5
SIX || J4C4F1J4
SEVEN || J4A5O2A5F4
EIGHT || A5C4C2C3J5
NINE || F4C4F4A5
TEN || J5A5F4
ELEVEN || A5F2A5O2A5F4
TWELVE || J5O3A5F2O2A5
THIRTEEN || J5C3C4J3J5A5A5F4
FOURTEEN || C1F5O1J3J5A5A5F4
FIFTEEN || C1C4C1J5A5A5F4
SEVENTEEN || J4A5O2A5F4J5A5A5F4
EIGHTEEN || A5C4C2C3J5A5A5F4
NINETEEN || F4C4F4A5J5A5A5F4
TWENTY || J5O3A5F4J5O4
TWENTY ONE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XF5F4A5
TWENTY TWO || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5O3F5
TWENTY THREE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
TWENTY FOUR || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1F5O1J3
TWENTY FIVE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1C4O2A5
TWENTY SIX || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
TWENTY SEVEN || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
TWENTY EIGHT|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
TWENTY NINE|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XF4C4F4A5
THIRTY || J5C3C4J3J5O4
THIRTY ONE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY TWO || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY THREE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5C3J3A5A5
THIRTY FOUR || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
THIRTY FIVE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5
THIRTY SIX || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
THIRTY SEVEN || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
THIRTY EIGHT || J5C3C4J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
THIRTY NINE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
FORTY || C1F5J3J5O4
FORTY ONE || C1F5J3J5O4XF5F4A5
FORTY TWO || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5O3F5
FORTY-THREE || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
FORTY-FOUR || C1F5J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
FORTY-FIVE || C1F5J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5
FORTY-SIX || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
FORTY-SEVEN || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F5
FORTY-EIGHT || C1F5J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
FORTY NINE || C1F5J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
Author's Note (Important) + Character Questionnaire + Fun Facts
FIFTY || C1C4C1J5O4
FIFTY ONE || C1C4C1J5O4XF5F4A5
FIFTY TWO || C1C4C1J4O5XJ5O3O1

SIXTEEN || J4C4F1J4J5A5A5F4

94 9 62
By thequeermuskateer

"Dinner's here," Namjoon says as he brings in the ramen Hoseok asked him to.

Hoseok nods from his place on the sofa, lost in thought.

"Yoongi, dinner!" Namjoon calls out as he places the bowls on the table.

Hoseok inhales deeply and rubs at his eyes.

"So, whatchu been up to?" Namjoon asks and he takes a seat.

"Had an assassination to take care of," Hoseok says, sitting forward. "Just got back."

"Oh, who was it?"

"Some junior entrepreneur."

"Junior or minor?"

"You know we don't take out minors."

"Still," Namjoon shrugs. "Yoongi!"

Hoseok looks back at Yoongi's door and sighs.

"I'll go get him," Namjoon stands and hurries over to his leader's door, knocking on it. "Yoongi, I got ramen."

No response.

Namjoon opens the door and peeks in to see an empty room, a note stuck to the mirror. He frowns and walks closer to it, tearing the sticky note from the mirror, eyes going over the words written in Yoongi's handwriting.

"Namjoon?" Hoseok calls out.

Namjoon's eyes widen as he reads the note again, making sure he read it right the first time.

Will be back in 203 hours. If not, tell Hoseok to take over. Don't look for me.

———————

Song Recommendation - I love you by Billie Eillish

The artificial scent of strawberries floods Taehyung's nose as he blows another puff out of his vape, relaxing into the loveseat in the corner of his dimly lit room.

Two days ago, Jungkook told him Yoongi died. Two days ago, Taehyung had it confirmed by his men.

Two days ago, his entire world came crashing down.

Taehyung hasn't tried to confront Jungkook since.

Taehyung hasn't cried since.

An year ago, Yoongi found him and approached Ruby and Sapphire, becoming a member within two months, due to Taehyung's utmost trust in him. Yoongi didn't do much, just spent most of his time looking for Jungkook or training.

He was always by Taehyung's side whenever the younger needed him. Even Jimin developed a connection with the other after a few months of mistrust.

Then, six months ago, half a year after Yoongi approached him, on the elder's birthday, he got into an argument with Taehyung.

Taehyung lazily blinks up at the light and inhales through the vape once more. A soft smile graces his lips at the strawberry flavor as he sinks deeper into the loveseat.

Taehyung closes his eyes as he runs through the argument like he did almost every single day, trying to understand Yoongi's motives.

"Come on, say what you want to!"Taehyung happily cheers as he snuggles into Yoongi's neck while the elder adjusts his hair in the mirror, smiling at Taehyung in the glass. "You're the birthday boy after all."

"It's not that easy."

Taehyung back hugs Yoongi tighter and nuzzles his face into the elder's blonde hair, "There's no harm in just saying it."

"I want you to stop this."

Taehyung pauses his actions and locks eyes with Yoongi in the mirror, "What?"

Yoongi sighs and inhales, his chest rising and falling under Taehyung's arms. "This whole gang thing, I want you to—"

"Mafia," Taehyung frowns. "We're not a gang."

Yoongi closes his eyes and sighs, "Right. I want you to leave this mafia business behind. Start a new life somewhere."

Taehyung's frown deepens, his hold on Yoongi loosening as he pulls his arm back,"Why?"

"Because it's too fucking dangerous, Tae!" Yoongi turns and slightly raises his voice, enough to get his point across but not scare Taehyung.

"I'm fine!" Taehyung tries to keep his voice on level with Yoongi's. He's tired of having this same conversation with Yoongi over and over again.  "You don't need to worry about me."

"Well, I do, okay?" Yoongi's brows rise in worry."It's been months, I've looked through every database. Jungkook was taken prisoner by August years ago! He's probably dead by now!"

Taehyung's frown eases, "Hey, look, it's okay. Suga can't get to me like he got to Jungkook. We'll try and work a way to get Jungkook out. Negotiations with Buraq are underway, we'll get easy access into August through Nepal, it's okay."

"I can't risk losing you too."

"You won't."

"No, Taehyung, just leave this bullshit behind and let's go away."

"This isn't bullshit! And where are they gonna go if their leader abandons them?"

"Jimin can take care of it!"

"Jimin can't lead an entire mafia alone!"

"Taehyung, stop insisting and listen to me!"

"I can't leave!"

Taehyung's voice keeps getting higher and Yoongi keeps his stern yet low, not wanting to hurt Taehyung with his tone of voice.

"Taehyung, listen to me—"

"If you're so worried about Suga taking me like he took Jungkook, you should know that the safest place for me is right here!"

"That's not true!"

"Yeah, do you have a plan?"

"I do!"

Taehyung raises his brows and steps back, "Okay, enlighten me."

Yoongi inhales and takes a defensive step backwards, eyeing Taehyung's calm demeanor carefully, "We can strike a deal with August."

Taehyung stays still but then his frown starts to reform as confusion fills his insides before rage takes the stage.

"No, listen, hear me out first," Yoongi keeps backstepping, knowing full well he upset Taehyung. "I think we should ask for Jungkook in turn—"

Taehyung steps forwards quickly and pins Yoongi to the wall, choking the elder with his arm, his face heating up and his teeth gritting, "In turn for what? Jewels? My men? My family? My loyalty? In turn for what, huh?"

Yoongi wheezes under him and tries to push him away, not using a single fighting technique he spent the last four months learning, "It's for Jungkook, we have to—"

"I will not give up thousands of men to a stranger for the chance that Jungkook is alive!"

"Tae—" Yoongi croaks out, tapping Taehyung's forearm.

Taehyung huffs and steps back, removing his arm from Yoongi's neck. The elder coughs and bows down, slapping his own chest to pace his breathing before straightening himself.

"So, that's what this has been about this whole time, huh?" Taehyung's voice lowers as his face heats up more, his feet firmly planting themself out of fear he's going to jump at Yoongi and hurt him. Everything the elder has said so far, all the many judgements, the hesitation, all of it starts to make sense.  "Get into Jewels, get Taehyung out of there, hand Jewels over to August and live life. Is that what this is? Are you working for him?"

Yoongi rubs his neck, clearing his throat, "No, Taehyung, that's not–"

Taehyung's eyes narrow, "Jimin was right. You're nothing but a lying scumbag."

Yoongi's eyes slightly widen, "Taehyung, you know I wouldn't—"

"Wouldn't you?" Taehyung raises his voice again, the pain in his temple and neck reaching its limit. "Years ago, when we met for the first time, you lied to me! When you went on that murder spree with Jungkook, a literal child, you lied to me! When we went out for our last kill, you lied to us! You were and always will be a liar!"

"Tae—"

"A dirty rat who only thinks about himself!"

"Listen to me—"

"A greedy, selfish, lying bastard!"

Yoongi swallows and quiets down, shrinking into himself as he presses his back against the wall.

Taehyung exhales heavily through his nose, his entire figure shivering in anger, his breath coming out shaky. He clenches his jaw and glares at Yoongi, hoping his gaze is enough to show just how much he disapproves of everything Yoongi made him go through.

"I only ever lied to protect you," Yoongi's voice is quiet, meek as he lets it out in a small croak.

"I didn't need you to protect me!" Taehyung steps forward, making Yoongi flinch. "I needed you to be there for me! I didn't need you to take a kid out and kill every man who dared to touch me in the wrong way! I needed you to tell me it wouldn't happen again!"

Yoongi stares at the ground and licks his lips, "Taehyung, I didn't do it because I was angry about what they did to you. I did it because I wanted you to feel safe."

"By taking Jungkook out on a killing spree?" Taehyung yells. "The whole reason we are where we are today, me a mafia leader, and Jungkook a prisoner to my enemy, it's all your fault! Your recklessness and irresponsiblity brought us here!"

"I tried my best!" Yoongi strains.

"To do what?" Taehyung spreads his arms."Take us down a road of crime? You were the elder one! You were supposed to be rational!"

"He suggested it!"

"When a thirty year old stands in court for sleeping with a fifteen year old, the fact that the kid suggested it is not a good defense!"

"I was eighteen!" Yoongi indicates to himself. "You can't compare me to a thirty year old! Jungkook and I both were teenagers driven by anger and vengeance!"

"For what?" Taehyung stomps his foot. "You ruined both our lives!"

"We did it for you!"

Taehyung pulls at his hair, letting out a scream, his face scrunching and heating up even more.

"We did it because we saw what those assholes did to you, Taehyung," Yoongi continues, voice low. "I know you can't remember and I wish I couldn't either but that fifteen year old you're talking about saw all the pain a bunch of homophobes put you through."

Taehyung narrows his eyes and stays still, glaring at Yoongi, silently asking him not to continue.

Yoongi doesn't get the hint. Or maybe, lost in rage once again, the elder ignores Taehyung's subtle plea for silence.

"Do you know how horrifying it is to walk into your best friend's apartment and see him crying, half-passed out in his own bed?" Yoongi advances slowly but Taehyung holds his ground. "It was your first date with Jungkook that night and the moment I drop you off within the safety of your own home, I gave those motherfuckers half an hour to do whatever the fuck they wanted to you! Six of them, in a tiny apartment under your name."

Taehyung focuses on his breathing, knowing full well that if he pays attention to what Yoongi's saying he's just going to go through a series of unwanted flashbacks and a panic attack.

"So, what we did," Yoongi takes another step forward, his voice lower than before, yet challenging Taehyung. "That fifteen year old and I, we did it because of what we saw the moment we entered your apartment. Do you want me to describe the most horrifying thing I've seen in my life, probably the most traumatizing in Jungkook's?"

Taehyung quickly shakes his head on instinct, his hands fisting at his sides as he rubs his thighs through his trousers, trying to calm himself.

Yoongi's eyes slightly widen and he takes a step back, "Taehyung, I-I'm sorry. I didn't realize—"

"Get out," Taehyung shakily exhales, closing his eyes.

"Taehyung—"

"Get out," Taehyung pleads, his voice heavier.

"Look, I can help you—"

"Please, just get out!"

Yoongi takes another step back and nods, taking careful steps towards the door and walking out. "I'm right outside if you need me," he says, closing the door behind him.

Taehyung inhales through his mouth and looks around Yoongi's bedroom. He picks up a pillow from the bed and squeezes it, muffling a scream in his mouth, his tears spilling beyond his control.

The vape puff dances in front of Taehyung's eyes, giving birth to patterns he finds deep comfort in studying.

Taehyung lolls his head to the right and pushes the curtain aside with his fingers, just enough to be able to see the sunset.

He blinks slowly at the yellow ball ready to take its bath in the ocean, sinking deeper, already illuminating another part of the world.

The sound of Sunshine in the background seems almost ironic with the scenery gracing Taehyung's eyes, which for once, hold a soft and unguarded look in them.

Taehyung knocks on the door to Yoongi's bedroom two days after their fight, hoping to amend things with the elder. He wasn't one to swallow his pride so easily but losing Yoongi seemed worse than pushing down his ego for a few minutes.

"Come in," Yoongi's gentle voice responds from inside.

Taehyung opens the door and stops short at the few packed boxes in front of Yoongi. The elder registers his presence and stands straight, unrolling his sleeves and managing an awkward smile.

Taehyung eyes the packed suitcase on Yoongi's bed with a wary look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Tae," Yoongi follows Taehyung's gaze. "But I can't do this anymore."

"Where are you going?"

Yoongi chuckles, placing his hands over his hips. "I have safehouses away from all these gangs. Lebanon, Sudan, Argentina."

"What about Jungkook?"

Yoongi sighs and looks down, "I'm going to devote all my time looking for him, trying to find a way to get him out of August."

"What about me?" Taehyung's voice comes out surprisingly calm.

"You're clearly more than capable of taking care of yourself," Yoongi gestures to all the riches around him.

"What will you do when you have Jungkook?"

"Honestly?" Yoongi looks out the window, staring at the darkness of night,"I don't think I'm going to find him."

Taehyung's eyes narrow,"You're just running away because you're a coward."

Yoongi inhales and exhales, his expression dropping, "Maybe."

Taehyung tsks and tilts his head, his face scrunching in disgust,"Go wherever the fuck you want then. Go to Suga and tell him everything. Tell him everything I know. Tell him I was happy and then tell him how you repeatedly broke my heart."

"Taehyung," Yoongi looks at him, expression hurt. "I will never use all the intel I have against you."

Taehyung stays still.

"I love you," Yoongi smiles softly. "Always have and always will. Till the end of time."

Taehyung wants to believe the words coming out of Yoongi's mouth so badly. He wants to switch off the lights and bury both of them under the quilts, holding onto the elder tighter than he ever has before.

He wants to thank Yoongi for doing what he did for Taehyung all those years ago. Going on a murder spree just because your best friend got raped is not something Taehyung has seen any innocent teenager do in his life.

He opens his mouth and thinks of all the times Yoongi was there to help him heal and get over his trauma.

A sting above his eyebrow alerts him to his situation and Taehyung clenches his jaw.

He doesn't want Yoongi to leave.

But he can't leave his family either.

Yoongi should understand that. Yoongi should understand Taehyung's priorities and needs. He should know that Taehyung needs him to be there through everything.

Yoongi should stop being insensitive.

"Fuck you," is all Taehyung can say before he storms out, frustration bubbling in his chest as every step weighs down with the first remnants of his breaking heart.

The sun dims and different hues take over the sky, orange, red, pink, purple and blue, the vape still flooding Taehyung's nose with strawberries as Sunshine switches to If the world was ending in the background.

After Yoongi left, many more people found home in Ruby and Sapphire, most of which had just been revealed as August spies.

Taehyung thought it was Yoongi's fault. What a stupid thought. Why would Yoongi ever want to hurt him?

"If the world was ending, you'd come over, right?" Taehyung's tired, husky voice sings along with the speaker. "You'd come over and you'd hold me tight?"

Oh, how the day bleeds into nightfall.

————

A/N:

I speed-wrote this chapter in a day when I realised it was important... I hope it's good cuz I didn't let it sit for a few weeks like with the other chapters.

Oh, Orchids, I love you guys so much. Your comments are one of the best parts of my day.

Have a good week! And those of you who're studying, best of luck for exams! FIGHTING!!🔥🔥

I purple you!! 💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 8.2K 30
"Y/n-ah...?" "Hm... What is it?" "I'm never letting you go...You... Know that right..?" _ An innocent obsession..... That...
20.2K 1.7K 50
โ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™˜๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ข ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š, ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ.โž ๐˜๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘™ ๐‘š๐‘Ž...
75.3K 3.9K 106
[C O M P L E T E D] "I can stay as rational as you want me to be, but never expect me to care less about you at any moment; that's an ocean you can't...
61K 3.5K 28
โ I don't remember you โž โ I remember only you โž Jungkook is a police officer who lost his husband in a car accident seven months ago and on the same...