Supernova (BNHA x Male OC)

By silverowlbells

A group of notorious villains plan to use the quirks of 6 hostages to open a portal to another world so they... More

1: Where The Rabbit Hole Leads
2: Waking Nightmare
3: Identify Yourself
4: What We Do Around Here
5: Welcome To The Party
6: There's A First For Everything Pt. 1
7: There's A First For Everything Pt. 2
8: School Can Be Rough
9: What I Didn't Tell You
10: I'm Not Talking Pt. 1
11: I'm Not Talking Pt. 2
12: Dream A Little Dream Of Me
13: I Can Handle It
14: Closer Yet Further Apart
15: Brains VS Brawn
16: Seeing Is Believing
17: Camp Isn't Like The American Movies At All
18: Shake Off The Dust
19: I Can Take Them
20: The Thing About Him Is...
21: Symbol Of Peace Pt. 1
22: Symbol Of Peace Pt. 2
23: Battle Scars
24: Nothing Other Than What You Are
25: Mending Thread
26: Training Wheels Pt. 1
27: Training Wheels Pt. 2
28: And Suddenly Everything Changed
29: Brave New World
30: Snap Back To It
31: Good Game
32: (Cute) Mistakes Were Made
34: What You Need To Hear
35: Logic Is Often Faulty
36: And So It Begins
37: Resolute Pt. 1
38: Resolute Pt. 2
39: Is Prophecy A Gift?
40: I'll Be Her Hero
41: The Meaning Of The Word
42: The Start Of Something New
43: Take A Good Look
44: Festive Charm Pt. 1
45: Festive Charm Pt. 2
46: Surprise!
47: Army Of Darkness
48: This Is Only The Beginning
49: This Is (Not) A Drill
50: Expect It Pt. 1
51: Expect It Pt. 2
52: Stratagize
53: Festive Cheer
54: The Fire And The Flames
55: Keep Up
56: In My Blood
57: Make Yourself Known
58: In The Know
59: Rocky
60: Take Up Arms
61: Awakening
62: I Love You
63: Conquered, We Conquer
Finale
Epilogue

33: You Know Nothing

7.6K 448 96
By silverowlbells

Because of Sanyu's 'unique situation' and therapy schedule, he wasn't living in the U.A dorms like the rest of his classmates.

However, he was there pretty often. This was his first time taking Bunny and Captain though. Although nobody knew he had Captain with him, because he was on a mission.

Sanyu knocked on Koda's room door twice and waited outside awkwardly. The rocky teen hadn't come down at all in the time he'd been there, so he probably didn't even know Sanyu was in the building but oh well.

Except Koda opened the door and startled back at least two feet. "Oyama!" He squeaked. Sanyu waved to him and attempted an awkward half smile.

"I need your help." The black haired teen said seriously. Koda nodded frantically and started signing.

"What is it you need help with?" He signed. Sanyu was relieved that his classmate was willing to help him.

"Tokoyami said you were good at keeping secrets." Sanyu said ominously. It was interesting. Koda usually signed instead of speaking, but he wasn't deaf or mute. Just painfully shy. At first Oyama had been signing back to him instead of speaking, thinking he was. Occasionally he still signed along with speaking but one of his hands was occupied petting Bunny.

"Yes..." Koda signed, eyeing the dog. Sanyu nodded and stepped into the room. Koda looked incredibly nervous. What was Oyama doing here?

Then he reached for his coat and the hero student nearly fainted from shock. Inside Oyama's coat was a tiny black bunny that poked its head up and twitched its nose at its new surroundings.

"You have a rabbit. I want Captain to meet other bunnies." Sanyu explained. Koda eyed the bunny and his classmate. They kind of looked the same, what with Oyama's longer, shaggy hair and the rabbit's floppy ears.

Koda gestured to where his bunny, Snowball, was sitting on the floor inspecting the guests from a distance. Sanyu put Captain on the ground gently and he immediately went to check out Snowball.

There were a few tense seconds where Koda and Sanyu were worried they wouldn't get along, but the two quickly started grooming each other. That was a good thing, Sanyu had seen that on the internet.

Bunny's tail was wagging and she looked up at Sanyu for permission to go play with the bunnies. "Быть нежным." Sanyu said before gesturing for her to go. Bunny bounded over but was as always, surprisingly careful and conscious of her much larger size.

"What did you say?" Koda signed.

"'Be gentle'," Sanyu explained, "apparently she was trained in Russian.".

"And she understands 'be gentle'?" Koda asked, surprised. Sanyu shrugged.

"So far she's understood everything I've said." He said. The boy realized that meant Bunny was probably incredibly smart, but he already knew she was smart. Koda could talk to animals, it should be that shocking to him.

The pair watched as their animals played around for a while. Their little playdate was going surprisingly well, especially considering that bunnies could be very territorial. But with Koda as a translator everything was going smoothly.

Then they heard something strange from outside the dorms.

"What was that?" Koda signed. Sanyu walked over to the balcony and let himself out, careful to close the door behind him. He put his right shoe on as he stared out at the campus.

Someone was fighting in the fake city. It was pretty easy to tell from here that Bakugou was involved too. No one else had explosions like that.

Sanyu just turned to face Koda and signed 'I'm going to go check it out' before flying off. Both Captain and Bunny rushed to the glass door, shocked by their human's sudden disappearance. Also they had never seen him fly before, so that must have been a shock.

----------- -------------- ----------- ---------- ----------- ------------

Sanyu reached the battle quickly. He saw Bakugou standing over Midoriya, ready to hit him. In a flash Sanyu was between them, hauling Midoriya to his feet and shoving Bakugou off of him.

"What are you two doing?" He asked. The words sounded madder than Sanyu actually was, his tone was genuinely curious with a heavy dose of concern.

"I'm getting the answers I should have been given months ago!" Bakugou shouted. "Fucking Deku!".

"You know I couldn't tell you!" Midoriya shouted back.

"Because of you All Might is gone!" Bakugou screamed, his voice desperate and wet with tears. "Because of both of us we've fucked all of Japan!".

"Could you both take a deep breath and explain this to me?" Sanyu asked, trying to remember what Inue did with him. "Violence isn't a good way of resolving the issue.". Bakugou glared at him and all but snarled.

"Like you would understand!" He shouted, "You think you're some sort of adult just because of where you come from. Good for you, coming from a world where you're the most special thing they've ever fucking seen!".

Sanyu stilled at that. He couldn't believe what was coming out of Bakugou's mouth. "You're so confident in yourself too. Beating up third years, taking on All For One. You think you have any right to involve yourself in our world?!".

"Kacchan-" "Shut the fuck up Deku." The blond said, his tone callous and cold. "You're perfect, we get it. But you weren't born that way. You had all the help in the world, all those people helping you and putting you together. Your powers aren't even yours for fucks sake!".

"Being on the path to number one...you have no fucking idea how hard that is! What if feels like! How we feel right now, the pressure we're under-you could never fucking understand so stop pretending you do!" Katsuki shouted, tears welling in his eyes.

There was silence for a moment where Izuku was sure you'd need something tougher than a knife to cut the tension in the air.

There was silence...and then Sanyu punched Bakugou in the face.

He had never been one for senseless violence. He'd never even punched someone during training, never flicked someone for being annoying, never zapped people with his quirk if they harassed him.

But there was no mistaking the cracking sound as Sanyu's fist collided with Bakugou's face. His grey eyes were wide with only one clear emotion.

Anger.

They had managed to make Oyama angry. Honestly it would be hard not to with that whole speech.

"You think that's how I feel about being what I am?" Sanyu asked, gripping Bakugou's jaw tightly and holding his head close to him. His fingers left indents where they touched the blond haired teen's face. "You think that's how it feels to be the number one hero? Do you wanna know how it really feels?!".

"Being the number one hero feels like being taken away from everything you've ever known, having your head shaved like you're some sort of animal and being given live human beings as target practice!" He shouted, every bit of anger he had felt over the years building up inside him.

"It feels like being locked in a room until you can assemble and disassemble any gun they give you from memory." Sanyu spat out, "It feels like being thrown out of a fucking plane with a faulty parachute!".

Suddenly Sanyu's voice was low, filled with years of anger, sadness and trauma. "It feels like watching the girl you love most in the world telling you to kiss them before they die without having ever known romantic love, even though they don't love you that way." He practically sobbed, "And all because you weren't fucking good enough!". Tears had gathered in the dark haired teen's eyes and were dripping down his cheeks, but Sanyu didn't think to notice. He was deep into hysterics.

He wrenched Bakugou's jaw around so he was forced to face Midoriya. "You think this is betrayal? You think him trying to keep All Might safe was being a traitor?" He asked incredulously. Sanyu's tone was...terrifying. Like now that the flood gates had been opened the horrors would continue to spill out. An unending rapid. "My best friend-the only person in the world who understood what I was going through decided to go rogue." He grabbed the hem of his left short and pulled it up to reveal where metal met flesh on his leg and the horrifying surgery scars and healed over burns that surrounded it.

Midoriya got a sinking feeling in his stomach and from the fearful expression in Katsuki's eyes he could tell his friend did too.

"She unloaded the entire cartridge of a semi-automatic machine gun into my leg." Sanyu said, his voice dripping with venom. "And she didn't even look at me. I screamed at her to stop and she didn't say a fucking word.". He let the words sit for a second before tightening his grip on Bakugou's jaw again. "That. That is betrayal.".

"Being the number one feels like having a mouth guard forced into your mouth while someone cuts through your bone. It feels like being drugged out of your mind for god knows how long and coming too with a piece of metal permanently embedded in your skin." Sanyu breathed out.

"I can't take it out, Katsuki." He said gravely. The sudden use of the blond's first name was jarring. "No matter what I want, what I need, it can never be removed from my body.".

"So yes, the people from my world made me into what I am today." His voice was low and threatening, filled with hatred. For himself, for the people who did this to him and for the world.

"But I never misunderstood what they made in the training facility." Sanyu finished through involuntary sobs, "They didn't make a hero.".

"They made a monster and a murderer.".

"So tell me again, that I don't know how it feels.".

A hand was placed on Sanyu's shoulder startling him out of his state of hysteria, at least a little bit. He turned quickly to see Toshinori, arm splint and all, standing there. His expression was almost apologetic, but for what Sanyu couldn't quite tell.

The man pulled Sanyu back gently with his free hand. Sanyu released Bakugou's jaw and suddenly became conscious of the tears that had been running down his cheeks the whole time. He touched his cheek and looked at the liquid on his hand in shock.

Toshinori observed that the kid wasn't conscious of much else. Too lost in his own head, and the man didn't blame him one bit.

"Aizawa, please take him back to the dorms and call Hawks. I'll finish up here with young Midoriya and young Bakugou." The man said softly.

----------- -------------- ----------- ---------- ----------- ------------

The homeroom teacher held the dorm door open for Sanyu. The boy had been walking silently, almost disturbingly so, since they left the training area.

Aizawa was startled out of his half daze when a fuzzy white dog burst through the door and made a b-line for Sanyu. He was about to stop the dog, but they started leading the boy inside. Something Aizawa had been failing at.

Oyama followed after the dog mindlessly, kicking the slip on he had been wearing off as he did so. The white dog led him over to one of the couches and pulled him down so Oyama was sitting on the floor with his back against the arm rest.

They placed their head on his lap, effectively stopping him from moving and Sanyu just sat there. The sound of nail's across the floor was jarring and sudden. Aizawa flinched at it and turned around, seeing a small black bunny making its way across the room and towards Sanyu and a slightly guilty looking Koda standing there.

"We should give him a minute." The boy signed. Aizawa nodded and gave the animals a little space to help Sanyu calm down. He had noticed this sort of behavior before, spacing out after big events or fights. Aizawa supposed the animals were a good idea then. Definitely a more pleasant way for Oyama to come back to himself.

It seemed to be working too, as Sanyu's fingers had found their way to the soft fur of the tiny rabbit.

"I'm going to go call his uncle." Aizawa said simply. Koda nodded and hesitantly walked back to the elevator.

Meanwhile Sanyu had slumped forwards. He rubbed his cheek on Bunny's soft fur. He tried to blink away his tears but they just wouldn't stop falling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I kind of baited and switched you guys by announcing the next arc then hitting you with this 😅

The build up to this was very subtle and was found only in Bakugou's attitude towards Sanyu throughout the series, Sanyu's growing ability to feel a range of emotions including anger and the lack any mention of Bakugou and Midoriya's house arrest in the chapter where they fought Mirio, when it should have been mentioned. 

Sanyu's anger is something that fascinates me as an author. Oftentimes we relegate trauma to just making you feel sad, but anger plays a big role too. In fact, many people with PTSD, like Sanyu, experience periods of intense anger.  

He doesn't really know what to do with the new emotion, so he ends up losing control when Katsuki basically devalues everything he's been through and tells him to stay out of their world. 

I want you all to know that this is actually a step in the right direction. Obviously I haven't been keeping track or going through the stages in order, but the 5 stages of grief are definitely a model for this. 

Sanyu had started off ignoring the problem and his feelings towards losing his whole world and Lela but he's finally facing what he really feels and what he feels is anger at being traumatized and abused for so long. And he has every right to feel that way. 

Speaking of Lela...

Some of you have speculated on Sanyu and Lela's relationship in the past. Were they friends? Lovers? Siblings (not biologically but you get me)? 

But the answer to that question is complicated but it starts with the fact that she was Sanyu's childhood crush. 

Both she and Clementine were 14 when Sanyu joined the Six at 12. Sanyu thought she was beautiful and quickly developed a crush. 

She was far more important to him as a member of his new family than anything else. None of Sanyu's feelings as a 12 year old ever played any role in how they interacted or acted around each other. She saw him as the little kid he was and treated him that way. Although Sanyu probably wouldn't admit it she played a big role in raising him. 

Lela knew all of this and never mentioned it until well, she died at 17. 

I plan a lot of Supernova out like I would plan a movie or tv show, because whenever I start a storyline my brain says 'movie' but my budget says 'wattpad'. 

Which is why I write fanfics 😂

But I really do try to make it as cinematic as possible. 

I've been rambling for so long I've basically written a second chapter down here😅. Stay tuned guys! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 307 24
[Completed! Highest ranking is #31 in villaindeku!! Thank you so much! :)] Perhaps it's not the best idea to pass on a quirk to someone who's dream y...
47.2K 1.3K 20
Take me instead!" "What did you just say kid?" "I said take me instead." Shigaraki though for a second then smiled. "As you wish." Izuku midoryia al...
94.9K 3.4K 33
Izuku Midoriya was bullied and looked upon as a waste of space for the majority of his life. It only got worse when everyone found out that he was qu...
64.2K 1.7K 75
NOT A ONESHOT "This fanfiction sucks." - (Y/n) "And I took that personally." - ??? You are transported to the BNHA universe with the help of a strang...