Z Nation x Male OC (on hold)

By Xdesigner17

I just figured doing this one since I rarely seen any with a Male reader or an oc. Follow Jason and the team... More

Bio
Crossing Camp Blue Sky
Puppies and Kittens
Fracking Zombies
Love Interests?

Philly Feast

312 12 1
By Xdesigner17

Philadelphia, PA

Cassandra was looking at the marks on her arm remembering her past. She then covers them up.

Cassandra: Why are we going this way? Philly's a dead zone.

Garnett: Hopefully we can scavenge something without going too deep into the city. If we find a working radio, we can try to contact that Z guy again.

Murphy: Philadelphia. Ah, the city of brotherly love.

Murphy motions to someone being eaten by zombies.

Jason: Some love.

Warren keeps driving until something catches her eyes as did the others.

Warren: Is that what I think it is?

Garnett: No way.

Jason: Wow.

Warren stops the truck as Garnett gets out.

Mack: Is that really the Liberty Bell?

Garnett: "Proclaim liberty throughout all the land and unto all the inhabitants thereof." Yeah, that's it.

Doc: Three years of zombie apocalypse, you think you've seen everything.

Warren: Well when everything went bad, they probably tried to save a little history.

Murphy: Yeah, well they should've known the only thing you can save is yourself. Let's go!

Warren: Hang on. If this thing still has fuel, and it does... If we get this started, they won't have to ride out in the open like that.

Doc: Well I'm all for that.

Mack: I'll grab the jumper cable.

Doc: God bless the human race. 99% of them dead. But there's still one jackass alive with a spray can.

Y/N: Is there any respect for our history? Probably not.

Warren goes to open the driver's door for a zombie to come at her but gets killed by 10K using his slingshot.

10K: 1,075.

Warren gives him a salute. Mack then comes with the cable and connects it to the truck.

Mack: Okay, give it a shot.

Warren turns the key and the engine starts.

Garnett: All right, that's it. Let's go, Murphy. You get in here with Warren and me. Everybody else follow in the pickup. Stay close.

Everyone gets in their vehicle and drives off. Warren then hits a zombie.

Garnett: You know you could try to miss some of them instead.

Warren: Why? One less zombie to kill.

Murphy: Leave some for Psycho-Boy Two Thousand.

Warren/Garnett: Ten Thousand.

Murphy: Ten Thousand? It's good to know kids today still have some goals.

In the pickup, Casandra leans and talks to Doc.

Cassandra: We're not really going all the way to California with this Murphy guy, are we?

Doc: That's the plan.

Cassandra: That's crazy. What's so special about him anyway?

Doc: His blood.

Y/N: Yeah, Murphy's blood carries antibodies from a vaccine that was injected into him. And when we get him to the lab they can make a cure for this.

They continue driving and see Warren turn left to avoid a car that is getting attacked by zombies. As the truck turns the Liberty Bell flies off taking out a few of Z's.

Doc: Yeah! I'd pay money to see that again.

Y/N: I second that!

Warren: The axel's broke. 

Garnett: All right, everybody get into that truck.

Warren: Let's go, Murphy. I'm driving.

The three get into the truck and start moving. They then stop and eat the rest of their food.

Warren: Enjoy. That's the last of the food.

Murphy then licks the wrapper and throws it away.

Murphy: God, I'm so hungry my big guts are eating my little guts.

He looks at 10K still eating his twinkie.

Murphy: You gonna eat all of that?

He moves his hand towards the cake but 10K shoves the whole thing in his mouth and eats it.

Murphy: Selfish little bastard.

Jason: Just be glad you got something, Murphy.

Jason gives his last piece of an apple to Max.

Garnett: We need to split up and look for food and water.

Addy: Oh, if we can find a two way radio or even like a satellite dish, I can try and contact that Citizen Z guy.

Garnett: That's good. Okay, you, Jason, and Mack do that. And the rest of us will look for food. Doc, you take Cassandra and 10K. Warren and I will take Murphy. Stay close. Meet back here in an hour. All right let's go.

The group went their ways but what they didn't know was that a pair of eyes were watching them. The three keep walking until Addy spots a police car.

Addy: I want that radio.

Mack: Yeah, what about Officer Zombie?

Jason: It's simple really.

Jason goes to the car and opens the driver's side door. The zombie comes out and tries to bite him but Y/N kicks it down and stabs it in the head.

Jason: See. Simple.

Addy: Now that that's over, I want to see if that radio works.

Mack: All right, hurry up. I'll pike some locals.

Jason: I'll join you.

The three go killing some locals as Addy works on the radio.

Timeskip

The three are walking back after killing some zombies.

Jason: Man, what a workout.

Mack: I know right?

Jason: Hey, Max, did you have fun, buddy?

Max barks at him.

Jason: I'm glad you did. 

They get back to the police car.

Mack: Hey, Addy, did it work? Addy?

Mack runs over to see Addy's gone.

Mack: Addy!

Jason: Oh shit!

Mack gets in the car and grabs Addy's Z whacker.

Mack: Oh Jesus, baby. Baby, no, no, no, no, no!

More zombies start coming and get killed off by Jason and Max. Mack joins in and picks off a few as well. He then sees a zombie with red hair and walks over to it.

Mack: Addy.

Jason: That better be not her, Mack.

Mack looks at its face and it turns out to be someone else.

Mack: You're not Addy.

Mack hits it to the ground and gives a few more blows to the head.

Mack: That wasn't her.

Jason: Oh, thank goodness.

Mack: Where is she? Addy!

The radio in the car goes off and the two head to it. Mack sits in and grabs the radio.

Mack: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're here. We're here. Delta-X whatever, we copy.

Citizen Z: (radio) Gotcha, Delta-Xray. Who am I speaking to?

Mack: Mack Thompson, but that doesn't matter right now. There was a woman here. Did you talk to her?

Citizen Z: (radio) Roger that that. I made contact with someone named... Addy?

Mack: Yeah, Addy! Addy, yeah. Yeah, you talked to her, okay. Is she okay? Did she... did she tell you where she was going?

Citizen Z: (radio) Negative on her location. We only talked for like a second. Something happened.

Jason: What does he mean by "something happened"?

Mack: Goddamn Zs.

Citizen Z: (radio) Maybe not. I heard voices. Human voices. And then some sort of struggle.

Mack: Humans?

Citizen Z: (radio) Roger that.

Mack: Goddamn humans?

Citizen Z: (radio) What about the package?

Mack: What package?

Jason: He must be talking about Murphy.

Citizen Z: (radio) Murphy. Patient zero. Operation Bite Mark. Is he still alive?

Mack: Yeah, weasel breath, he's fine. He was, he was alive an hour ago, at least.

Citizen Z: (radio) Okay, listen. I need you...

More zombies start coming.

Mack: Got to run.

They get Addy's stuff and run away.

Jason: Wait. We forgot the camera.

Mack: Oh, right.

Mack heads back into the car and grabs the camera as Jason kills the zombies. They get going.

Timeskip

They regroup with the others and tell them what happened. They look to see Doc and 10K coming followed by Cassandra.

Murphy: It's about time.

They walk closer with Cassandra getting looks from the others.

Doc: What's wrong? Where's Addy?

Mack: Missing.

Doc: Is she...?

Mack: No taken alive.

Doc: What?

Mack: By humans.

Mack, Jason, and Warren walk closer to Cassandra.

Doc: Who?

Jason: We don't know. But we think she does.

Warren: We thought you might know.

Cassandra: Me? Why would I know?

Mack shows her a video of Addy getting taken away.

Mack: You recognize these guys?

Cassandra: No why would I?

Warren: Creep on the left was one of those two bikers back in Jersey. With your friend Travis.

Cassandra: I told you, I didn't know that guy. And I don't know them either.

Mack gives Warren the tablet and points his gun to her head.

Mack: You are gonna start telling me the truth right now. Or I am going to start blowing holes...

Garnett: Mack.

Mack: ...in you until you do.

Garnett: Mack.

Mack: Do you understand me?

Garnett: Mack. Put the gun away. Put the gun away.

Garnett gets Mack to back away and turns back to Cassandra.

Garnett: You're gonna tell us everything you know about these guys right now.

Warren points her gun to her head.

Warren: Or I shoot you.

Cassandra: I can't go back!

Mack gets in front of her and holds her.

Mack: Back where? Where? Where is she?! Where is she?!

A zombie comes running in but gets shot in the head by 10K distracting the group. Cassandra makes a break for it.

Jason: Max.

Max gets in front and stops her. Warren puts her against a wall.

Warren: Enough!

Garnett: All right, Cassandra! No more bullshit. Tell us what you know. Now!

Jason: Start talking!

Cassandra: All right. I know them. They're part of a group of survivors. A family of sorts. But more like a cult actually. Led by a man named Tobias Campbell. I can't go back there. I won't go back.

Mack: (screaming) You'll do whatever the hell we need you to do to get Addy back!

Cassandra: You don't know these people. they're dangerous.

Warren: So are we.

Cassandra: Not like they are. Tobias and the others are worse than Zs. I thought I'd gotten away from them, but then Travis spotted me with you. 

Jason: Why are you so afraid of them?

Cassandra: You don't get it. You don't pick who you survive with. At first I thought I was lucky.  They started out like everybody else. Tobias was smart. He was strong. He saved us. But then Black Summer came, and everything went to hell. Somewhere along the way he lost his mind, and... and we lost our souls. And I am not going back there!

Mack: What are they gonna do to Addy?

Cassandra shakes her head.

Cassandra: Tobias has this weird control over people. He can make you do terrible things.

Warren: What do you mean? Rape?

Cassandra: No, he'll use her as bait.

Garnett: Bait? What, do they rob people?

Cassandra: Not just rob.

Warren: Murder them?!

Cassandra: No! Not rape. Not murder. They don't just kill their victims. It's worse.

Casandra begins crying.

Jason: You're talking about them being cannibals, aren't you?

She nods her head.

Jason: Shit.

They get back to others and tell them the situation.

Murphy: There was this farmer. Had the smartest pig in the world, Arnold. This pig could read and do math. Arnold was famous. And then one day, the farmer's friend, he comes over and he sees Arnold tripping around on three legs. And he says to the farmer, 'hey, what happened to poor Arnold?' And the farmer says "Smart pig like that, you don't eat him all at once."

Murphy laughs as the rest stay quiet. Some of them look at him.

Murphy: Oh, what? Too soon? 

Cassandra: We didn't start out as cannibals.

Garnett: Cannibals? How is that even possible? Everything's infected with the zombie virus. If you kill it and eat it, you get the live virus.

Cassandra: But if you eat it alive... We were people just trying to survive. Tobias saved me. First from the Zs. Then from the worst of humanity. He was a good man. Then his wife got sick. She just couldn't take it anymore. And he was never the same after that. When Black Summer came and everyone else in the world was starving he swore he would do whatever it took to keep us alive. And he did. 

Mack gets his bag and starts walking.

Mack: I'm going back for Addy.

Garnett: Hang on, Mack.

Mack: Garnett, do not try to stop me. 

Garnett: Nobody's gonna try to stop you. We're all going back. We just need a plan.

Cassandra: You don't understand! These people are worse than Zs! They'll kill all of you!

Murphy: Yeah, she's right. We need to look at the big picture.

Jason/Warren/Garnett: Shut up!

Garnett: Do you know where they've taken her?

Cassandra nods. She shows them the way to get there. Garnett and Jason walk over to the entrance. One of Tobias's "sons" walks to them.

Man: Afternoon, friends. If it's female companionship you're looking for, you've come to the right place.

Garnett: Actually we're looking for our friend. Red head. Goes by the name of Addy.

Man: Addy? Addy? Don't know anybody named Addy. Sure would remember if we had one. Oh hey, how about the lovely Moonshade or Stormy? We got a two for one special today.

Jason: Listen, scumbag. We know you got her. You send her out here in the next ten seconds or a lot of bad shit is gonna start happening.

Man: Oooh, tough guy.

He and his buddy laugh as Garnett snaps his fingers and his friend gets killed by a headshot. He points his gun at them.

Garnett: That was a head shot. We showed your friend some mercy. I'm not gonna do the same for you. Next shot is going through your heart. So unless you want to be prematurely zombified, you get our friend out here. Now.

Man: Not if I blow you away first.

Garnett: Your not gonna do that. You're gonna get me Addy. And if you're quick about it, you can still eat your friend.

???: That won't be necessary.

They look to see the man named Tobias holding Addy with a knife to her throat.

Addy: Garnett! Jason! 

They walk up to them.

Tobias: Apparently you've been talking to my little Sunshine.

Addy: Garnett, get me out of here. These people are insane.

Tobias: Say that again and I will eat your heart. Apparently we both have something the other wants. Perhaps we can make a deal. Give me back my Sunshine, and you can have your precious Addy.

Garnett: Nah, I'm not gonna negotiate with a cannibal. You're gonna give us Addy. We're gonna walk away. And you can eat anybody you want. 

Tobias: You know the first rule of negotiation is the person who wants it least wins.

Jason: If you harm her in any way, we'll kill every one of you.

Garnett puts his arm up ready to snap.

Tobias: Kill away. Frankly I've had about all the zombie apocalypse I can take. But of course, you two and the girl will be the first to die.

Garnett puts his arm down.

Tobias: That's what I thought.  Do you know the second rule of negotiation?

Garnett shakes his head.

Garnett: What?

Tobias whistles and one of his "sons" moves a sheet to have a 50 caliber machine gun.

Tobias: The guy with the 50 caliber machine gun wins.

The guy starts firing at the others that were hiding and then stops.

Tobias: You gonna give me back my Sunshine? Or do we continue this conversation in hell?

Cassandra then comes running down.

Cassandra: Stop!

She then stops next to the two.

Cassandra: Let her go, Tobias.

Garnett: What are you doing?

Cassandra: What I should have done in the first place. Let her go, and I'll come back. 

Addy: Don't do it. Kill them. Kill them all.

He opens the gate and Tobias lets Addy go. Addy walks to Cassandra.

Addy: No.

Cassandra: It's okay. It's okay.

Addy begins crying as Cassandra goes to Tobias. Jason and Garnett grab Addy and run.

Garnett: Come on. 

They keep running. Mack and Addy for a minute.

Mack: It's okay. It's okay, baby. It's okay. Come on. Let's go.

Addy: No, no...

They then head back to the truck.

Doc: Hey, we about given up on you.

Murphy: I actually gave up on you about an hour ago.

Addy: Never thought I'd be happy to see your sad ass again.

Max jumps on her whining. Addy rubs behind his ears.

Addy: Awe. I miss you too, Max.

Mack: Let's get out here, guys. Now.

They start getting in the truck.

Addy: Wait. What?

Mack: Come on.

Addy: We're not... we're not leaving her there, aren't we?

Mack: Addy. She lied to us. It almost got you killed.

Addy: We can't do that. We can't just leave her there.

Mack: (laughs) Come in the truck with me. We'll talk about this when you're safe.

Addy: I am not going.

Garnett: Look, he's right. We almost all got killed going back for you.

Murphy: Yeah, she's a freakin' cannibal, and she got what she deserved.

Addy: She did what she had to do to survive. And you of all people would have done the same.

Warren: Come on, Addy is right! We cannot leave her back there! You men don't know what it's like. 

Murphy: (laughs) What is this, a chick thing now?

Addy/Warren: Yes.

Y/N: Your right. We don't know what it's like. And I really can't leave her back with them and all alone too.

Garnett: All right, I want to help her too. But we're not gonna beat a 50 caliber machine gun. It's gonna tear us to pieces before we to the fence.

Warren closes the side door and looks at 10K.

Warren: How good of a shot are you?

10K points his rifle at a zombie far away and kills it.

10K: Pretty good. One thousand eighty-four. Oh yeah, and a half.

Warren: Okay. I have an idea. But we're gonna need a little help from our friend up north.

Everyone heads back to the same police car from earlier. Addy gets on the radio and starts talking.

Addy: Calling Northern Light. Calling Northern Light. Come in, Northern Light. Do you copy? Over. Come in... Citizen whoever you are.  This is Delta-Xray-Delta. Where the hell are you? Come in. Over.

Citizen Z: (radio) (panting) I'm here. I'm here. Northern light. Copy you, Delta-Xray.

Addy: Northern Light, we need your help. Do you copy? We need your help.

Citizen Z: (Radio) Copy that, ma'am. What can I do?

Addy: We need music.

Citizen Z: (radio) I'm sorry. Say again. It sounded like you said you needed music.

Addy: That's a roger. Can you broadcast on the AM frequency? Over.

Citizen Z: (radio) We're the NSA, ma'am. Master of all frequencies. What would you like to hear?

Addy: (radio) We need a diversion. Something loud. Something that'll make the Zs go crazy. Copy that and can do, ma'am. I think I have just the thing. Give me five minutes and look for my broadcast on the low end of the AM dial.

Addy: Thanks, dude.  Over.

Doc was then sent in to help Cassandra as they looked for Citizen Z's broadcast. Eventually, they found it.

Murphy: You know this is gonna get us killed, right?

Warren: At least we're going out with some style.

Addy: Crank it up!

Warren turns up the volume to have "Ride of the Valkyries" playing.

Mack looks behind to see many zombies.

Mack: Here they come.

Jason: And a lot of them too.

Warren: If you got any prayers, now's the time.

Warren presses the gas and drives off with dozens of zombies behind them. They get closer and ram through the gates with the zombies coming in. Jason looks to see Doc and Cassandra behind a trailer.

Jason: Come on! Let's go!

They get on with Jason's help. The music then stops. Jason pounds on the truck telling Warren to drive out of there. Leaving the place filled with zombies. As they were driving, 10K shot the Liberty Bell.

10K: My kinda town.

Garnett: If anybody asks, we were nowhere near that bell.

Doc: I always heard Philly was a tough town, but sheesh.

Garnett: Zombies with attitude.

Jason: I'm curious about what else we find in this damn apocalypse. But no more cults, please.

Citizen Z comes on the radio.

Citizen Z: (radio) Hope my peeps down in the Philly area can hear this. Thought I'd spin some blues to travel by. And to anybody else out there within the sound of my voice. I hope some slide guitar gets you through another messed up day of death and destruction. Everybody out there, whether you're hiding in a cave or running for your life, just keep doing what you got to do to stay alive. Because in the end, that's the only way we're gonna win this Zombie Apocalypse thing. Bash 'em, slash 'em, bust 'em, and burn 'em. Whatever it takes. Just stay alive. No questions asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.4K 21
In a world where a virus has spread that causes people to turn into flesh-eaters, you have lived being a zombie killer. You stopped having feelings a...
334 39 16
The last two years of Hazel's life have been miserable. And now she's thriving on her own. How ironic that the spring after she turns eighteen, she...
195K 9.6K 81
The zombie apocalypse is coming. A scientist at the CDC has that terrifying realization when infected victims start displaying the symptoms predicte...
32.4K 890 48
Infected. They plagued the city, the people and nowhere was safe. How do you live in a world where every breath could be your last, one bite could ta...