Ana Gray's Servile Marriage

By oluna15

Anna Gray has always been ambitious about becoming rich someday though she couldn't predict the moment, she w... More

2: Old friends
3: Embezzlement
4: Let go
5: Bad hair
6: Three years later

1: Ana Gray

38 2 0
By oluna15

"Anna you're heading to ruin if you don't fix the junk you call a life," My best friend scolded me over the phone while I spread on the couch with my faithful companion beside me, the Maltese dog I adopted the first day I got my first salary as a secretary in one of the most reputed companies in town. GLAMOUR FOR YOUTH.

I sat up with a huff, "stop worrying about me, Phoebe. You know me, I don't stay broke for long, I'll get a better job than the one the bitch stole. You could've seen her with her elephant face stinking like a skunk." I growled on the phone.

This caused Phoebe to laugh, "You'll never change a coin, now get up and move on, before your ass gets kicked by your landlord," she hung the call still laughing.

I grabbed the remote and switched to something romancing, Novella's has always been my favorite after Disney broke my heart with their fantasy. I sat up as easy as that and stretched so I could grab myself and Fiji something more to chew.

My laptop dinged causing Fiji to get on her feet and bark for short, I rolled my eyes at how she has monitored my messages and phone call always making sure I would attend to them.

I cleared my oak hair with blond high lights from my view with a huff, can't I be left alone? I moaned.

I squinted in the dark at my dazzling laptop screen.

"Blah blah blah," I skimmed the words drowsily, "Mrs. Gray your application blah blah approved? Huh?" I blinked and wiped my eyes. "Your application at International Renovation has been approved, your interview is scheduled 18th, by 8 am accurate, your punctuality would be highly appreciated."

I slowly regained my height from the coffee table eyes wide open, Fiji cocked her head while staring me down. "Oh my GOD!" I shrieked while Fiji starts howling, I jumped up the reggae style while howling too.

I plopped down on my couch and picked Fiji up, she licked my nose and I grinned like crazy, "we'll be rich baby, rich." I laughed like Cruella, "Wait!"

I shoot up with Fiji in my grips, "an approval for the interview does not mean I have the job yet, we still have to impress them." I dropped Fiji on the couch and started off to the kitchen with a smirk on my face. Time for truth.

*****

Lipsticks, nail polish, make-up, hair styled in a puffy bun, baby hair styled in wavy rhythm, gaze sharper than three edge sword, maybe exaggerating but still stands well. I sat up from my dresser with confidence clothed in my gray suit and the finest blouse I could find in my closet; the words were mine to say when I meet a minster or a ma'am.

I slipped on my gray heels and cracked my neck before doing a parade in my living room with my dog being the only judge and I know she rated me well because she gave me the tail-wiggle of appreciation.

I waved her goodbye as I walked majestically to the door.

I boarded a cab which dropped me at the foot of the giant institution of my dreams, and I looked down at my nails after adjusting my outfit, I took my phone out from my bag, I unlocked it with the fingerprint of my left pinkie, then I search for voice record and turned it on. It was in my habit to tape whatever thing I discuss when it comes to money.

When I was younger I never had all like the other kids not even a coat of many colors made of rags like Dolly Parton, I had nothing, not even a home, I moved to different orphanage and foster system till I grew out of government care with nowhere to live other than a long time boyfriend's house, it was far from solace and not even close to a dog's kennel.

I stepped in majestically causing a few heads to turn my way in admiration, as careless as I was I knew I had a goal from the time I had to eat leftovers when I was younger, it was simple to become rich, no matter what it takes.

I pulled on the reception desk with a masked smile, the ones that doubted my politeness and made me friendly. Unlike some other women I had no limit, and I was not ready to back down for anything, children or husband it meant the same money.

"Anna Gray, I have an interview for the post of secretary," I spoke with a British accent, I've always loved how it made me look even formal, including on the mirror of my dresser.

"Mrs. Gray, you're early." The blond receptionist returned a warm smile to my fake one. I used to be in her shoes before I got replaced by a bitch. How I had to act all gentle and kind to every prick that walked over my table even when they made useless advances.

"Punctuality is a key to success." I simply exchanged. I saw a fading smile on her lips when she dialed a series of numbers on the office phone and spoke short sentences to keep her conversation private. She nodded one last time into the phone and hung up.

"Mr. Eastern himself wants to see you. Take the elevator to the 7th floor you'll find his office first thing." She said to me kindly, but I didn't miss the look of surprise written on her face.

I half nodded towards her politely before taking my leave after she gave me a card, I remembered the first time I ever walked into a hall to an interview I was furious, and maybe a little frightening back then, I had a teenage criminal history on my file and I was angry for committing the crime and being so stupid, I told myself that day, "now you might never get a job here because of one stupid decision." I did get the job thanks to my studies and how I stood confident and ruled my words.

I smiled softly at my souvenirs like it was a child that has grown to adulthood.

I entered the elevator and proceeded to the 7th floor when the elevator dinged and the door slid open I set a foot out but before I take another step I was run into by a man, he bumped hard into me enough to cause me a wince, but instead of turning around an apologizing he walked right into the elevator and it shut before I even had the time to take his face in for revenge purposes.

I gritted my teeth and started only to be met by a series of doors, I thought she said I'd see the door as soon as I get out?

"I was a better secretary," I muttered.

Despite my early distaste for the company I refused to back down and kept walking the hall, like a ghost, any cc camera footage would mistake me for one by the way. I finally came to my senses and peace when I saw, CEO Eastern direction written on the door, in bold and golden, I adjusted my clothes and cleared my throat.

My first move was to knock and I got the response back very quickly, I stepped in with a polite smile, and there I was faced with a redhead lady who looked pretty and young, with dimples on her flushed cheeks.

"Welcome to International Renovation company, you must be Ms. Anna Gray, please be seated." She gestured, I nodded politely.

"First I'll like to thank you for your punctuality that's professional, and professionalism is all we ask for in this company." She started, her smile dissolved in a formal expression.

"what are your qualifications?" she demanded.

"Ph.D. in business administration." I simply replied she looked like she wanted more words from me. But I knew how to answer one question and not give unnecessary opinions the hard way.

"Is that all?" she asked with a small cock of her head, I smile in a flattery manner.

"Mrs. Tomlinson, I was only responding to the simple question you asked which was, what my qualifications were, in which I answered Ph.D. You didn't anything to that." I said to her and she had a look of shock and embarrassment which she tried to hide.

"H-how many years of experience? In the domain?" She asked.

I cleared my throat, "two years as a guide and two years in the secretary post."

"Any health issues?"

"I go for check-ups every Saturday, to date I have not a bug," I said with a smile.

The phone beside her started ringing and she picked it up, "yes sir." She nodded along before hanging up and staring at me.

"Is with a great pleasure Mr. Eastern would like to receive you in person." She smiled, this time it was well done that I couldn't read through.

I half nodded while glancing at the door. The huge Jackpot. Phoebe explained to me how she worked in the company and how much they pay which was double times my salary, but the chances of them firing me in the first week were like a million chances, not a million possibilities, which was much. The company was also known for its strict office rule and more. But I was determined to pull in front of my ex-bosses office to buy a partnership so I could fire his bitch and watch her beg. And I know a year in the company as a secretary will grant me the necessary.

Determined? I was ever since I was humiliated, they were going down.

Hello friends! It has been ages! Yeah, I know. Not my fault, University is killing me, and with the contracts, I have from the other platforms I couldn't do much.

I hope this is well announced. Your comments would be highly appreciated and votes too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 31K 78
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
3.6M 289K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
408K 12.4K 37
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...