Their Rose Petal

By lilsturg

Where a small-town girl meets two big-city boys. Michelle Roselet is an independent woman with an unpleasant... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Bonus: Kinsley & Damien

Chapter Thirty Three

11.4K 352 48
By lilsturg

This chapter is a trigger warning. It shows domestic violence. Chris is based off of a real character, to a certain extent. I know the fear and I know how it affects some people. I, however, like to talk about it or write about it to cope. If you're uncomfortable please skip after Mateo's POV is over.

Mateo' POV

—————

The table is set for Michelle. She has a bad habit of not eating when she's at work, so we want to make sure she does once she gets home. Kinsley cooked earlier before she left, and she made enough for all of us.

I can't help but keep looking at the clock, seeing as she should be home by now.

"She didn't answer," Elias says as he enters the kitchen.

My suspicions begin to rise. I decide to open up the security camera app, going through each room in the restaurant. It's completely empty, no one left in the building including our woman.

"Check the parking lot for her car," Elias points to the camera labeled 'front lot.'

My finger clicks it quickly, and I bring the camera closer to my face once I do. "What the fuck," my heart thumps against my chest. A body lays beside Michelle's car, and it appears to be Carlos. A small puddle of blood floats beneath his head.

I jump to my feet. "Rewind it," Elias rushes out, snatching the phone from my hands. I don't know much about how the app works, seeing as he's the one that set it up he'll be able to do this much quicker.

As he fidgets with it, I pick up his phone. I quickly dial Kaleb's number.

Once I hear the click of him answering, I don't give him the opportunity to speak. "Everyone that's able needs to meet us at Roselet's in ten minutes. No questions asked." I hang up, watching the video with Elias.

We watch as our beautiful woman walks out of the restaurant, her hips swaying. Carlos is walking beside her, his body just a step behind her. Two men sprint onto the screen, and Carlos is smacked with a lot of force with a bat. I wince when his body hits the ground, noticing his gun sliding beside him. The other guy wraps his arms tightly around Michelle. All that can be seen is the back of his head. The one who hit Carlos smiles, lifting the bat above his head in triumph.

Elias and I are quiet, watching every inch of the screen. The guy holding Mitch turns to walk away, and his face is highlighted under the street light.

"Son of a bitch, I'm going to kill him. Slowly." I start rambling off cuss words as I throw the nearest item to me at the wall. The plate shatters, ceramic pieces flying in every direction.

"Fucking Chris," Elias runs his hand over his face. His face is red with anger. "Should've blown his guts out. Fuck!" He yells, grabbing his keys. "Let's go."

We get into the car, the silence becoming deafening. My hands are clenched into fists, and I stare at every car we pass to see if it resembles Chris'. There's no telling what he's doing to our innocent woman, where he's taking her or what his plans are.

I'm going to kill him, and whether it's a slow or a quick death depends on how Michelle is when we get to her.

When we pull into the parking lot, cars surround hers. Our men all stand in a circle, Kaleb and Neil have Carlos sat against the car with a shirt wrapped around his head.

We open the car doors quickly, all eyes on us. Anger radiates through both of us, and everyone here notices.

"What the hell is going on? Isn't this Michelle's security guard?" Neil rambles, lightly tapping Carlos' face to try and get him to wake up.

His head is bashed pretty badly, Elias walks up to him checking him for a pulse. "It's there, but it's low and slow. David take him to the closest hospital and stay with him. I want any and all updates on his condition." Elias says, nodding for David to help lift him up. I watch as they put them in the back of his car.

"Chris Smith," I say loudly. I make sure everyone is listening before I continue. "I want his location now! He drives a 2020 Nissan Altima. Tag number is 'LT77641'. He took Michelle because he is a sick bastard. When you find him, him and anyone he is with are to be brought to me. If they fight back?" I pause. "Shoot them in the kneecap. I want the bitch alive, I don't care how he's brought to me. Michelle is to be saved at all cost."

"Is he trying to kill her?" Kaleb asks, crouched down. He's loading his gun, hanging on to every word I say.

"It's her ex, an abusive piece of shit I should've ended when I had the chance. I won't make that mistake twice. I'm not sure his intentions, and I'm not sure if he has hurt her. At the very least he has scared her, and that alone is a death sentence."

"I want a location within the hour, at least a location they once were at. I know this isn't a usual task of yours." Elias scratched his face. "But we need help. That woman holds our sanity in her hands. Understood?"

A chorus of 'yes' and mumbles sound out before everyone disperses.

Kaleb and Neil stay back, and we trace the steps that were taken after he walked away from the car.

Michelle's POV

I can hear my heartbeat in my ears. Black shirt is driving as Chris pins me to the backseat.

"One thing you know about me, baby. I keep my promises." Silent tears roll down my cheeks as Chris speaks.

I've been in this situation time and time again. For the first six months Chris was everything I had dreamed of. He showed me unconditional love. It started small, calling me a bitch over little disagreements. Slowly his words became worse, more hurtful. He'd get in my face and scream, telling me how I'm worthless. Reminding me of how fat he thought I was. He had made me begin to hate myself. Then one day, I laughed a little too hard at his brothers jokes. As we drove away, he smacked me while I was going fifty on the highway. I was shocked, it didn't as much hurt as it did to bring me fear to my soul. I pulled over, and he wrapped his hands tightly around my neck and yelled for what felt like hours. He threatened to beat me in the front seat of my old car, eventually calming himself down. Of course he apologized after, but reminded me it was my fault for making him lash out. I shouldn't have laughed so hard.

Soon after that I found out he was on coke, and every time he did it it got worse. It wasn't all of the time, and to be honest I started to feel as if I deserved it. I loved him so entirely much, and it was a point in my life where I really didn't have anyone in my corner.

I'm not that naive anymore. He is a demented piece of shit, that wanted to use me as a punching bag. I found my worth and never looked back.

"I told you if you ever gave my pussy up, I'd kill you. Remember? Do you remember Michelle?" He takes my face in his hand roughly, squeezing my cheeks together.

I choke out a sob, looking at his face for the first time. Whenever he acted like this, his whole demeanor would look so different. His eyes darken, and for an unexplainable reason he didn't even look like the same person. So here I am, staring into the eyes of a damn near stranger. This is not the Chris I once knew, and that part of him burned when he let his anger dominate who he was.

He pulls back, wrapping his hands around my neck. "Answer me, bitch!" His mouth behind to foam a bit in the corners, his eyes wide with rage.

"I remember," I croak out, wrapping my hands around his in an attempt to prevent him from continuing.

"You thought I was lying, hm. I told you you'd never be happy with another man, you just didn't take me serious. With not one, but two! Two fucking men, proving to be the slut I always told you that you were." He shakes my body, using his hands that are slowly closing my airway.

I choke out, between the crying and his hands my vision starts to get black dots. He's smarter than that, he stops. He always knew when to stop.

I gasp for breath, not making any sudden movements. I want to kill him, I want to cause him as much pain as he's caused me but I can't. I am vulnerable. What can I really do against two grown men?

He pulls my up by my hair, and I find myself begging. "Please, please Chris I'm sorry." Cries rack through my sore body.

"Tell me you're mine," he pulls my face close to his.

I close my eyes for a moment. I let my breathing even out before talking. Images of Mateo and Elias flash through my head. Their smiles, their small acts of reassurance and adoration. The genuine thought of this man even being near me anymore makes me want to paint the car with my vomit.

If I want to survive, I must do what I'm told. I have to put myself back into where I fought so hard to escape from. I have to let Chris do what he pleases until my men eventually come. And they will, they will come.

"I'm yours."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 1.1K 16
Barely surviving the fight that saw her demons defeated, Chevonne imagined the worst behind them. She imagined wrong. Old enemies never truly go aw...
2.5K 61 14
Flora needed someone to embrace her body for just one night. It's the only night to know what your true needs are. And it was the only night that mad...
483K 13K 47
Evie was just a simple girl trying to make it through life without any unnecessary problems. And she didn't think co-signing on a loan for an old hig...
57K 1.9K 45
☑️Completed☑️ ‼️MATURE‼️ NOW AVAILABLE AS E-BOOK/PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! The Dagons - filthy rich, fearless and running the biggest drug empire across N...