The Little Pup-A Les Mis/Gavr...

By AmyLeya

Find out how the revolution goes in young Gavroche's mind, and how he deals with the fact that he never died... More

Vive Le France
Awaken
Gavroche's Speech
The Discovery/Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
A Very Large Wedding Gift
The Reunion/Valjean's Departure
Gavroche, Age 26
Modern Times

A Surprise Pup

787 20 3
By AmyLeya

Grantaire reaches over to pull my hands off his shoulders. He grabs my hand and I squeeze ever so slightly. He glances over at me and I smile a little. I lean over and whisper, "I thought a little pup might cheer you up." He stares at me and his eyes immediately widen. "G-g-gavroche?" I grin wider now. "You bet," I laugh, a little joyous this time, "Who else?" He spins in his chair and sits with his legs around the back of it. Everyone is saring at us now, so he swallows a few times and forces back tears, trying to look calm and composed. I reach over and take his hand. He decided to study his shoes for a little bit. He was very interested in them for a fair amount of time before looking at me in the eye. 

I looked at him back and, after a few minutes, was fighting back tears myself. "I'm sorry I couldn't do it. I tried to keep going. I didn't want this to happen," I say slowly, concentrating solely on making my words come out steadily. Grantaire takes a deep breath and replies, "I don't understand, mon ami. What are you talking about?" "This, all of it. I never wanted to do this to you, to them, to anyone. I didn't want anyone to risk their life for me, but I didn't want to ruin their life either," I begin, my tears threatening to come out so harshly, I am forced to close my eyes, "I don't know how to put in words except for the word 'this'. This is not what I imagined or intended, it is just what is. I'm sorry." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...