The Reunion/Valjean's Departure

Marius' heart stops right about there, I think. Also, his eyes are halfway across France instead of in the sockets. "Yep," I say, "We're alive. Cosette, you're looking well. And how are yah, Ponty?" "I-I-I-I-I, y-y-you're alive?" he says, stuttering. Grantaire pipes up, a big smile on his face, "What's wrong, mon ami? You look live you've seen a ghost!" He's right, Marius' face is paler than usual. I have a way to fix that though (yah know, in case he thinks we really are ghosts). I let go of Feuilly's arm and climb out of the box.  Then, I jump onto Ponty's lap. "Hey Mari!" I laugh. Now I can say for sure he thought we were ghosts, because he seems to calm down when he notices we can touch him. 

This acts like a signalto the rest of the Boys (oh by the way I consider Eponine as one of the boys :P) to get up and out of the box. We all join in a group hug for probably about 5 whole minutes. This is what it should be like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wedding is over and I can hear Jean Valjean, Cosette's dad, talking to Marius about leaving to go somewhere. He is making Marius promise not totell Cosette about his departure. I know I must tell her, but there is no way I can tell her where he's going (I don't know myself). I run up to her. I feel baad telling her; she is still having fun in her wedding dress andI would hate to stop her from being merry, but this is the rght thing to do. She leans down and says "What's wrong, Gav? You look troubled." "Well," I begin, "It's about your father. He's going somehere and he told Marius but Marius promised not to tell you where he's going and I didn't hear myself." I expect her to yell something at me but instead she just runs to the window and watches Jean leave in a carriage. I see a tear roll down her cheek, and that's why I come over to her and hug her around the waist. She smiles at me but not a very large smile. That's when she decides to interrogate Marius.