When Paths Cross ⚔️ (A Miracu...

By lazywriter8

Marinette wants Adrien to be happy. So when the model gets in a new relationship with his fencing partner, K... More

When Paths Cross
1. If He's Happy, She's Happy
2. Late to The Double Date
3. Last Minute Band Practice
4. Silencer 2
5. Matching Charms
6. Lovesick
7. Charity Gala- Part 1
8. Charity Gala- Part 2
10. Cheeky Goodbyes
11. Both Sides
12. Ultimatum
13. Confessions
14. Marinette's Song
15. Love Situations
16. A Birthday Girl and Her Sad Cat
17. Red Roses and Empty Sidewalks
18. Meant To Be, or Not Meant To Be
19. Always
20. The Same Path
Other Stories

9. Sightseeing

62 4 1
By lazywriter8

The Next Morning

Marinette steps forward and hugs Luka. She smiles into his jacket as his arms tightened around her. His mom had called last night and asked him to come home a day early.

"I'm sorry you have to go home early," She says as she pulls back from her boyfriend. "Now we can't sight see together."

"Take a lot of pictures and show me when you get back," He tells her with a grin.

"Will you text me when you get home?"

He nods. "Promise."

"Tell Juleka and Anarka I say hi."

"I will. I love you." Luka bends down and kisses her cheek.

"I love you, too," She whispers.

Marinette waves to him as he walks down the drive, and as she turns around, she sees Alya and Nino walking over with their suitcases.

"Wait, you guys are leaving, too?" She asks.

Alya nods. "Sorry, girl. Our parents decided last minute to head out to town, so Nino and I are stuck babysitting our little siblings."

Nino offers Marinette a fist bump. "See you back in Paris, dudette."

She returns the gesture and then hugs her best friend. "That sucks."

"We'll go to the movies or something when you get back," Alya promises.

"Sounds like a plan."

Marinette watches her friends meet Luka in the driveway and they fall climb in the same cab together. She closes the front door.

Adrien and Felix walk downstairs together.

"Guess it's just you and me, Marinette," The model tells her.

She glances behind Adrien, expecting his girlfriend to follow, but she doesn't. "Wait, where's Kagami?"

"Her mother forced her to come home last night," Adrien answers. "She took the midnight train back."

Adrien never got to take Kagami on their special date he had planned.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," He whispers, and his eyes widen fast. "You're not leaving too, are you?"

Marinette shakes her head. "No, I want to sight see. I'm hoping I can find new inspiration for my designs."

"We can sight see together... if you want," Adrien suggests, hoping she'll say yes.

"Sure. Sounds like fun."

Felix glances between them. "Adrien, you've been here before, right? So you don't need me—"

Amelie walks in and rests her hands on her son's shoulders. "Felix, don't be silly! Spend some time with your cousin."

Felix rolled his eyes.

"Besides, Adrien's father will be here shortly and we have some things to discuss for our partnership."

"My father's coming to London?" Adrien asks, shocked.

His aunt nods. "Yes, but he doesn't want to be disturbed right away. Why don't the three of you head out and go sight see, like Marinette wants? It'll be fun!"

Felix groans with a frown. "If you insist, Mother."

Amelie kisses his cheek. "Make sure to eat something!" She walks back to the dining area.

Felix looks the two up and down and asks, "You both aren't going out in your pajamas, right?"

Marinette and Adrien glance down at themselves.

"I'll go change real quick."

"Me too," He agrees.

Felix chuckles to himself as they run upstairs. "What dorks."

***

Felix walks ahead as Marinette and Adrien fall behind, getting distracted on the busy street with pop up shops. They keep stopping to look at the beautiful jewelry, clothing, and souvenirs.

Marinette finds a guitar pick with a crocodile on it and snaps a picture to send to Luka.

To: Luka <3
From: Marinette
12:24 PM
This reminded me of you and your dad :)

To: Marinette
From: Luka <3
12:25 PM
I love that
Also I just got back :)

Marinette smiles at her phone.

"Hey, Marinette!" Adrien calls to her. "Come look at this."

She puts her phone away and walks over to him. "What is it?"

He holds up a beautiful black scarf with red tassels. "I think this would look nice on you."

"You think?" Marinette takes the scarf and wraps it around her neck.  A gust of wind passes through and tosses the extra fabric in her face.

Adrien bursts out laughing and quickly takes his phone out and snaps a picture of her. "You're adorable."

She pulls the fabric down and fights a blush. "How much for the scarf?" She asks the clerk."

"Thirty pounds."

As she reaches for her wallet, Adrien hands money to the clerk.

"I can pay for it, Adrien."

"I know, but I wanted to."

She smiles. "Oh... thank you."

Felix watches them closely, studying their interactions, and crosses his arms. For two friends who are in relationships with other people, they seem awfully close and flirty with each other.

Once they reach him, he asks, "Are you guys hungry yet?"

Marinette nods. "Yeah, I can eat something."

"Sure," Adrien agrees. "What time is it?"

"A little past twelve-thirty. Come on, there's this restaurant up ahead that's one of my mother's favorites."

Marinette and Adrien follow Felix up the street and a few minutes later, they find a cute and cozy, tiny outside restaurant on the corner.

They sit at a table by the window and a waitress comes over and takes their order.

"Ooh, do we have time to go see Big Ben?" Marinette asks.

"We have a couple hours, Marinette," Felix answers. "My mother and uncle have a lot to discuss."

"I wonder why my father decided to come today," Adrien wonders out loud.

His cousin shrugs. "Maybe he wanted to skip the charity gala and avoid all the press. Can't say I blame him. I didn't want to attend myself."

"Are you always so gloomy?" Marinette asks.

"Are you always so close to guys who aren't your boyfriend?" Felix counters.

Her eyes widen and she sits back, playing with the ends of her new scarf.

Adrien looks between them, but stays quiet.

If Adrien had said anything, Felix would have called his cousin out, too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 2.1K 10
"Please- it will save the show!" Naudia begged them. Adrien glanced over at Marinette, who shrugged. It was up to him. "Why not?" ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
43K 807 11
Scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse with Carter love story. I only wrote this because I was bored so a heads up that it it's going to be very mains...
47.4K 1.2K 29
Some small fanfics about Duskwood game. Jake x MC or Jake x player, as you wish.