Fated to be yours

By Gotta-read

A MewGulf fanfiction. A story of two lost souls who are brought together by a messed up situation. Or would i... More

Author's note:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 - Last Part
Author's note - Please Read.
A question, guys?
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue 1 - Part 2

Chapter 46

1.3K 55 7
By Gotta-read

Eva slams the newspaper on the table, glaring at the man seated in front of her, she was almost trembling in anger. "This was your master plan?" she jabs a finger at the picture of MewGulf on the front page of the newspaper. "You were all talks about how you were going to shake them up with your oh-so-threatening letters but what happened? Let me tell you, Nothing! Nothing fucking happened to them! They are still going around being the power couple, environmentalists, and whatnot!

The man simply stares at her unfazed by her rant and rolls his eyes, "Are you done? My plan-"

"is shit!" Eva interrupts."Your plan is shit!"

Having enough of her attitude, the man leans forward on the table between them, eyes narrowed, "You better watch your mouth when you are speaking to me, lady. Just because I am not saying anything doesn't mean I will take shit from you, got it?" He scoffs, leaning back on his chair as he continues, "And my plan is much better than the craziness that had police on your ass. Do you think Mew Suppasit is some nobody that you will threaten as you please and he will be shaking in his boots?"

"Okay, I get that" Fuming, Eva crosses her arms across her chest. "But it still should have affected them, however, look at them!" she glares at the MewGulf picture. It was one of the many pictures that circulate online, Mew staring at Gulf in his arms, while Gulf is beaming at the camera, his smile wide. "God! I want to kill this boy whenever I see him."

The man's eyes turn into slits at Eva who is still glaring at Gulf's picture, his jaw clenching at her words but he is careful to mask his annoyance as he says, "I told you we have to take our plan slowly, carefully. It will take time, maybe months but it will get us both what we want. We have thrown the bait, and now we just have to wait and watch."

"How much longer will I have to wait to get what should have been rightfully mine? When these two are already grey and old, have happily lived their life?" Eva scoffs.

"I have waited years for this chance, and just because you can't wait to fuck Mew, I am not going to be hasty and ruin my well-woven plan. If you want to cry, go and do that in front of your daddy, not here."

"Fuck you!" Eva spats.

The man smirks, "No thanks. I have a much much prettier option" his gaze drops to Gulf's picture. Yeah, indeed a much prettier option.

"I have no interest in what you are going to do or what you want. I am just helping you because you said it will get me Mew. So your plan better works" saying the last words, Eva stands from her seat and leaves the table.

Eyes narrowed, the man keeps his gaze at her back until she turns the corner and finally disappears from his sight. "Dumb bitch!" he rolls his eyes. She is so crazy about Mew that he just told her his plan will help her get closer to Mew and she believed it, not even asking how. But her dumbness is only advantageous for him because he has no plans to help her get closer to Mew. In fact, he wants to destroy Mew and get back what belongs to him. The only reason he is tolerating her is that he needs the resources in executing his plan and she can help him with that. He just has to keep his eyes on her and make sure that her crazy ass doesn't do something and ruin his plan.

Once again, his eyes fall on the newspaper and a sneer takes over his face, "Mew Suppasit, you better watch your back! You are going to pay for taking what could have been mine."

***

"Come in" Mew calls out without looking from the papers when there is a knock on his office door.

The door opens but when he doesn't hear anyone coming inside, he looks up only to be surprised looking at Gulf's head peeking from the door. "Tua-eng?" abandoning the file he was reading he stands up from his seat.

"Hi" Gulf greets him shyly after walking inside.

"Hi" he chuckles. "What are you doing here? Not that I am not happy, I am just surprised" he immediately pulls him into his arms, kissing his cheek in greeting.

"I wanted to see you about something, I just couldn't wait. I called P'Mild first to ask if you are free, he said you didn't have anything scheduled in the afternoon, so I am here. I also brought you lunch" his baby shows him the lunch bag he is carrying.

"Baby, you didn't need to ask Mild. You could have just called me, I would have taken you out on a nice lunch" he shakes his head at him fondly.

"Aow, there's no need for that" Gulf takes his hand, pulling him to the couch to sit. "We can just eat here. I have cooked your favourite."

"You always cook my favourites" he grins. And indeed when Gulf unpacks the lunch boxes he can see it's one of his favourite dishes; teriyaki salmon with stir-fried greens and brown rice. "What did you want to see me about?" he asks after helping him lay out their lunch.

"To thank you," Gulf says and he is confused until his boy adds, "I talked to Phi, today." He pecks his cheek, blessing him with his heart-shaped smile "Thank you for encouraging me to talk to him. I am so happy today."

Mew feels his heart swell at the happiness shining in his eyes, "It went well it seems?" he smiles.

Gulf nods, "We talked and he...he also apologized for his behaviour. Phi said he knows now that you really care about me. He still doesn't like you but he would try to not talk bad about you. He is happy for me. It's a good start, isn't it Mr. Suppasit? I am sure he will come around and see one day how nice you are."

Like Mew had said before he didn't care what that guy thought about him, he is just happy that his baby has his Phi back in his life. He pecks his forehead, "I am glad for you, baby."

Gulf beams at him, before passing a fork to him, "Now, let's eat before the food gets cold."

"Thank you for this surprise visit by the way" he grins before digging into his delicious lunch.

As he watches the pure joy on Gulf's face, he feels relieved that everything went the way he had hoped and that Sam had enough brain cells to listen to him.

*Flashback*

Two days ago

Mew couldn't believe his luck. Just the night before Gulf and him were talking about Gulf's brother and now the guy is in the same room as him. He was at a lunch meeting when his eyes fell on the table across them only to see Sam glaring at him. The audacity! he scoffs.

As the meeting gets over and his clients leave, Mew moves towards the restroom. Sam who is at the sink, shrinks watching him walk inside. It's subtle but doesn't go unnoticed by him causing him to smirk in satisfaction.

"Why the hell are you here?" Sam glares at him.

"Don't worry, I have no interest in seeing you either" Mew rolls his eyes, "but I think we need to have a word regarding my husband."

Sam scoffs, "I don't want to talk to you about anything, especially my brother. Now don't waste my time and scram."

Mew raises a menacing eyebrow, "Oh yeah? I don't think so."

"Suit yourself" Sam rolls his eyes moving towards the door but halts when Tamp takes a step towards them, hands casually reaching behind his back as if he is about to pull out a weapon or something. This is one of those moments when Mew is thoroughly amused at how his bodyguard so easily intimidates people with his antics.

Sam's eyes widen looking at Tamp, and he stumbles back against the sink, but even so, the guy still tries to appear ballsy, "Bastard! After my brother, now threatening me" he mutters loud enough for him to hear.

Mew wants to laugh. At his past self. What the fuck did he see in this guy to get agree to marry him? Just because he sang a fucking song? Maybe he was really desperate for affection if he was ready to settle for this guy here. He thanks his lucky stars for saving him from this disaster and sending his baby into his life. A shiver runs down his spine at the thought that if the marriage had happened the way it was decided, Gulf wouldn't be in his life right now as his husband but this man here. Fuck no! he shakes his head to throw the thought away.

"Gulf is innocent, tries to see good in everything and everyone," Sam glares at him, arms crossed across his chest, "but I hope he sees your real face soon. He would leave you instantly once he comes into his senses and sees what a jerk you are."

Mew rolls his eyes before taking a threatening step towards the guy, "Listen here you loser, I don't have time for your nonsense and I don't give a fuck about whatever you think about me. But if you care about Gulf even a bit as he says then stop being an ass to him."

"No one asked for your opinion so stop talking about us like you know shit!" the guy has the nerve to say.

Mew narrows his eyes at him, his tone hard as he spats, "I know enough to see that whatever you are doing is hurting my baby. So it would be better if you would pull your head out of your ass and see that too. I didn't want to meddle in this because it was between you brothers, but I have seen Gulf upset about this enough and I swear if I see tears in his eyes one more time because of you, I will hunt you down and make you pay for it."

He turns around to walk out of the place without waiting for his response, hoping he was able to knock some sense into him.

*Flashback over*

After the delicious lunch, when he comes back after washing his hands he sees Gulf near his desk looking at the clay elephant.

"You got it framed?" Gulf asks, his smile wide.

"Of course, it's precious" he smiles, walking towards him, and gathers him in his arms from behind. But his heart drops when Gulf stiffens immediately. Cursing himself he goes to back away but his baby clutches his hands that were on his stomach making him halt. "It's..it's okay, I was just surprised" saying, Gulf relaxes in his arms, resting his back fully against his chest. Mew closes his eyes briefly to control his emotions. How the heck did he forget about it? All these days he had been so careful to not touch his back so suddenly and...

"Mr. Suppasit, can you stop beating yourself for it and relax?" Gulf says, caressing the back of his hand. "It's okay, we are okay."

Mew can just nod in the crook of his neck, afraid his voice will give away the anguish he is feeling. How did he get so lucky to get this angel in his life?

"I like your hugs," his baby says, "You are always so warm, and make me feel so safe." He turns in his arms and as if to prove his point, takes his hands which had slipped to rest on his waist now, moves them to his upper back.

Mew sucks in a breath, eyes wide as Gulf tries to smile at him. His fingers tremble on his back, "Baby, you.."

Gulf cups his face, "I am fine, I promise." His lips twist in a pout, "In fact, I am sorry. I always ruin-"

"Baby complete that sentence and I swear you will regret it!"

The pout intensifies, "Did you just threaten me?"

"Yes, because you were being ridiculous!"

A gasp. "Ridiculous?! How dare you, Mr. Suppasit?" Squirming out of his hold, Gulf wags a finger at him, "You are not getting any of the chocolate cake you just ordered, I am gonna eat it all by myself" he huffs before marching to the couch.

Following after him, Mew plops beside him and grins, "Well, I don't mind. I already have you. You are sweeter than any chocolate could ever" he smooches his bread cheeks.

"And you are cheesier than a block of cheese!"

.

Fifteen minutes later, they are still on the couch, him busy with his papers and Gulf busy gobbling up the cake, (which he did share with him).

"Mr. Suppasit, you sure you don't want more?" Gulf asks.

Looking up from the papers, Mew turns to him, and a grin makes its way to his lips at the adorable sight of his husband. He smirks, "On a second thought, I think I want more."

"Of course! I told you cakes are the best" Gulf nods smug and offers a generous spoonful to him.

Mew leans, but instead of taking the spoon in his mouth, he tilts his head going for the bread cheeks that he oh-so loves and licks it, effectively cleaning the cake smeared there with his tongue.

"Mr. Suppasit!" His baby shrieks and Mew bursts into laughter at the horrified and disgusted look thrown at him.

Successfully dodging the smack that was about to land on his arm, he drops another peck on his cheek and grins, "No offense to your cake, but I like these bread cheeks better." Gulf glares at him, but with red dusting the said bread cheeks, it's hardly effective. He chuckles, going back to his papers when his eyes land on his watch and he remembers something. "Oh, by the way, Tua-eng, I forgot to mention, I will be home a little late today."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I have a meeting in the evening" he nods. A very important meeting.

-

In the evening,

Once again Mew finds himself standing in front of Gulf's mother's portrait in Traip house. He has come to talk to Gulf's father but the man is taking his sweet time to show his face. So with time to spare, he looks around his surroundings. The last time he was here he was too disturbed to pay attention but today as he looks around his eyes fall on the shelves, near the bookcase, holding a few photo frames. His feet immediately take him to the pictures and his lips pull up in a smile. Among the numerous family pictures, there are Gulf's childhood pictures too, and if it isn't the cutest thing!

He shakes his head fondly at a picture where a young Gulf, maybe five-year-old or younger, is sitting in a chair with a book in front of him, "as expected, my baby was bookish even as a kid." He picks a frame in which a baby Gulf is sitting on a bicycle and laughs when he notices that he is wearing his slippers on the wrong foot. God! So cute!

He keeps the picture frame back when he hears footsteps behind him and turns to see Gulf's father. "You look like shit!" the words are out of his mouth before he can realize.

Aroon rolls his eyes at him, taking a seat on the couch, "Thanks."

Mew frowns as he goes back to his seat. His words a moment ago may have been harsh but they weren't far from the truth. The man before him looks sick, eyes underlined by dark circles, skin pale and Mew isn't sure but it seems he has lost weight than the last time he had seen the man. "Are you sick?" he finally asks, concerned.

Aroon sighs, "Well, it's not that serious. I will be fine in a few days. Tell me why are you here? Surely, it's not to inquire about my health."

"Okay. But previously I tell you why I am here, I have a question."

Aroon frowns in confusion but nods, "Shoot."

"All these months, why have you refused to see Gulf? I know Gulf has tried to reach you many times but you don't even take his calls let alone see him. According to Gulf, you have always been a great father to him. So why?" Mew asks. He had been thinking about this for days now. He used to think the man was an asshole who didn't care about his son, but after listening to Gulf talking about his family he doubts that's the case.

So he is here today to get his answers. Because though his baby may not say but he knows Gulf misses his family. The way his eyes go sad every time he talks about them is enough for him to know. And now that the situation with Sam has been resolved he needs to know what's the deal with this man here. Why all these months he has refused to see his son who he claims to love?

He notices the way Aroon's shoulders sag before he sighs, "After what he had to go through because of me, I am too ashamed to face him. I feel like I have failed to protect him...once again."

Mew nods, "Well, that could be a reason, but it's been months now, almost a year, and everything turned out to be better. Gulf and I have moved past it and we are happy together in our marriage. Don't you think you should let it go too? Gulf misses his family and I am sure as hell that precious boy doesn't even blame you for whatever happened" he assures, watching as Gulf's father stands from his chair abruptly, walking towards the floor to ceiling windows looking out the lawn. "He even made up with Sam" he adds to the man's back.

"I know, Sam told me" Aroon nods.

What? Mew scowls, "The fuck? Are you saying you are in contact with Sam who was the main cause of all the problems and ignoring Gulf who has suffered the most in all of this? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"It's not-"

"No, wait a minute" Mew cuts him off, rising from his seat as well, his anger rising, "Is it because Gulf is not your real son?"

Gulf's father turns to him, his eyes hard, "What the fuck did you say?" If Mew was any weaker man he would have shrunk from the anger directed towards him but he glares back as Aroon stalks towards him, "Gulf is my son. Don't you ever dare to say otherwise! Gulf is my son, and will always be."

"Could have fooled me" Mew scoffs.

"You are crossing your limit, Mew. Just because you think you are The Mew Suppasit-"

"Today, I am not here as The Mew Suppasit, the businessman. Today I am here as Mew, Gulf's husband, who has been abandoned by his father, the father who claims to love him and yet is being shit to him. My Gulf doesn't deserve that!"

"Well you know what, this is none of your business!"

Mew fumes, jaw clenching at being dismissed like that, "It's about Gulf, so it is my business" he grits out between his clenched teeth. "Listen here-"

"Mr.Traip!"

At the voice, Mew turns to the door to see a woman, a nurse rushing towards Gulf's father. "Sir, what are you doing? You should be in your bed, resting." She turns to him, annoyed, "Excuse me, gentleman, but Mr. Traip needs his rest, stress is not good for him."

"Miss Maya, it's okay. I am good."

"But Mr. Tr-"

"It's okay. Please excuse us for some time" Gulf's father interrupts once again, his voice stern.

"Very well, Sir" the nurse nods before turning to him once again, "Please make sure he doesn't exert himself too much."

Mew is confused at the whole thing but nods and when she leaves he turns to Gulf's father, "What's the matter that you need a nurse?"

Aroon sighs, going back to his seat "Well yeah, I am sick. You heard her, I need rest so if you can leave-"

"Oh no," Mew scowls, "Not until you tell me what's the matter."

Gulf's father stares at him, unimpressed.

"I am waiting" he arches a brow.

A roll of eyes. "It's a long story."

"Then let's just say I have all the time in the world" Mew takes his seat again. And though he tries to appear cool, he can feel his stomach coil as a feeling of foreboding takes over him. Why does he feel whatever the man is going to tell him could also be the answer to his question as to why he isn't meeting Gulf. And Gulf's father's next words confirm his thoughts.

"It's is the reason I refuse to see Gulf. I don't want him to know about this" Gulf's father's voice turns heavy with emotions and he clears his throat before continuing, "Mew, you remember last time you were here I told you about Dao, Gulf's mother? She had ovarian cancer, we...we couldn't save her. You know, Gulf was just fifteen that time, and all through Dao's suffering, he was beside her every minute possible. My boy had kept a brave front the whole time but we knew how hard the situation for him was. He wouldn't let us see him crumbling but the pillows soaking up his tears at night were evidence enough. It was heartbreaking to see him like that...I..." his voice cracks.

Mew sits there, unable to say anything, heart getting heavy with every word Gulf's father is saying at the same time fear of what's more to come.

Aroon shakes his head, "I can't see my champ like that again-"

"Are you..." finally able to find his voice Mew voices his fear, "You are not dying, are you?"

For some reason, it makes Gulf's father chuckle. "Are you worried about me?"

Mew frowns. What type of question is that? Of course, he is worried for him. Besides, he isn't good at handling deaths. No one is. And what will happen when Gulf finds out about this? His baby-

Aroon sighs at his unimpressed look, a frown taking over his frail features, "You can say my family's luck pretty much sucks! First Dao and now me! It's like we have a bullseye on us or something" he rolls his eyes. "Last year, a month or two before your father came with your marriage proposal for Sam, I was diagnosed with leukemia. So yeah, that's what happened. After the wedding, I flew down to the states, started my treatment, and came back after months of staying in hospital care only to find out last month that the cancer has relapsed. 'The cancer didn't respond well to the first treatment' is what they said. But don't worry, since it's detected at an early stage, I think I will live. It's just that I don't want Gulf to hear about this and worry. I would hate to make him go through all this again. God knows my child has been through enough."

Mew just sits there stunned, unable to process anything. Leukemia? Relapse? And "You...You went through all that alone?" That too in some other country? With no family around?

"Your parents know. That was the reason we had rushed the wedding" the man shrugs, "and Sam knows too. When he called a few days later after running away from the wedding, my secretary let him know. The doctor in him had reacted first before the son" he chuckles. "He immediately flew there to be with me. Actually, we returned a few days after Gulf's information leaked into the media. You might know, it was the day Sam went to meet Gulf for the first time after disappearing."

"But...but Gulf thinks you have-"

"Abandoned him, I know" Aroon nods, with a sad smile. "But it's better for him to think like that than hearing about all this. We had to lie. So, please don't tell Gulf about any of this."

"How do you expect me to hide such a big thing from Gulf, Mr.Traip?" Mew asks, appalled. "Gulf would want to know about it. He would want to be there for you, his father. This...this is not fair to him, to you."

"As I said, my child has been through enough, Mew. First, Dao's death, then when he had finally started living his life again the stalker incident happened. It...It was worse, my son...he has suffered a lot. You know about that. I just want him to have a fucking break for once! And I see now, you know? The happiness that reflects on his face now, with you. It's like he is finally getting the happiness that he deserves, finally living for himself for once. I don't want to see him sad or worried ever again. And that will happen if he gets to know about this. I know him, he will leave everything to be here with me. And that can't happen. So, please, don't let Gulf know about all this, okay? I request."

Fuck! Mew can feel his eyes sting. "Fuck, why do you guys have to be like this? It was easy to dislike you before, when I thought you were just a greedy asshole who didn't care about his child!"

Aroon chuckles, "Oh, this doesn't have to change anything. I will have you know, I am just a little sick and will be in perfect health in no time. I am not dying. So you can keep disliking me."

Mew scowls at him. "I will do that" he mutters childishly.

"Now, if that's settled, let's get to the main topic, shall we? Why exactly are you here?" Aroon asks.

"To invite you to Gulf's graduation." It's Mew's turn to sigh, "But you are sick-"

"I was about to go anyway" Gulf's father cuts in with an affectionate smile, "to attend it without Gulf knowing of course." He turns to the table beside him to retrieve a diary, "Gulf sent the passes through Sam. I knew he would, and even if he didn't there's no way I would miss my champ's graduation" he grins proudly.

Despite the situation, Mew can't help but smile at the man's enthusiasm. It's true that he wasn't aware of the actual reasons for Gulf's father's behaviour with Gulf all these months and it was the circumstances that led him to despise the man but still, he feels guilty to judge him wrong.

"What's with the creepy smile?"

Mew rolls his eyes. It wouldn't be hard to dislike this man. "Yours is creepier" he retorts, "And if you are going to Gulf's graduation you better show your face to him."

"This sick face?" Gulf's father points to himself.

He nods, "Yup, that ugly face."

Aroon ignores his words to argue back, "What did you not understand in 'I don't want Gulf to know that I am sick'? I will have you know my son is smart, he would know as soon as his eyes will land on me?"

Mew shrugs, "Tell him you had flu or something. And because you are old you are recovering too slowly."

"..."

"..."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

*****

❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 8.9K 36
Warning: ⚠️🔞 Mew suppasit, 30years old CEO of MSJ Corporation and also Mafia leader, Cold and Dark personality. He can change anyone's life in snap...
198K 13.6K 40
Gulf Kanawut is married to one of his cousins and he gave his everything to make his marriage work but no matter what he do his husband never gets sa...
128K 5.5K 12
Mew and Gulf were inseparable growing up. They were not just best friends, they were each other's family. But one day after a little argument Gulf m...
48.2K 2.6K 32
[✓Complete Fanfiction✓] ______________________~⚜️~______________________ A unexpected encounter towards Mew Suppasit, a Mafia Boss, who had gone to P...