Nathan and Sophie Oneshots

By Drive_LikeIDo

Nathan Sykes (The Wanted) fanfiction Part of the Scarred and Left Me Like a Sunburn series. PLEASE READ Scarr... More

Baby
Surgery
Flowers
Study Buddies (Sam & Jess)
Birthday
Tease
Territorial
Tickets
Vodka (Nathan's POV)
Nightmare (Nathan's POV)
Zoo (Sophie/ Nathan's POV)
Asthma Attack (Nathan's POV)
Top Floor (Nathan's POV)
Beautiful to Me (Top Floor Part II)
Missed
Proposal
The School Run
Lyrics (Nathan's POV)
Surprise
Fade Into You
100% (Nathan's POV)
Jealous (Nathan's POV)
Panic
Cleaning Cupboard
Shop
Birth (Nathan's POV)
Naked
52 Reasons (Nathan's POV)
Kids

Valentine's

644 22 2
By Drive_LikeIDo

A little oneshot to celebrate Nathan's birthday :)

So basically I had a dream the other night (and this is genuinely real) that Nathan was my boyfriend and it was Valentine's day and he called me up and started singing down the phone to me. No joke. Obviously I was gutted when I woke up to realise Nathan wasn't actually my boyfriend and wouldn't be calling me, but I thought I'd use it to inspire a oneshot so here you go.

That Thursday I was rudely awoken by the sound of my phone vibrating loudly on my wooden bedside table. In my sleepy daze, I ignored it and snuggled my face further into the pillow. After a few long moments, the vibrating stopped and I began to drift back into my slumber.

However, within seconds, the vibrating began again. I groaned, knowing that whoever was trying to get in touch with me wasn't going to give up. I reluctantly slid my arm out from under the covers, feeling around until my fingers hit the plastic, curling around it and pulling it under the duvet. I squinted at the bright screen to see Nath flashing in big letters, along with the picture of him that I'd set as his contact picture. He hadn't known I was taking it until the very last second but even in the spontaneity of the picture, he still managed to look incredibly beautiful.

I pressed the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

"What?" I mumbled bluntly, my voice croaky at the first word I spoke that day.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining, her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying" Nathan's voice sang tunefully through the phone, "She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday"

"What are you doing?" I murmured, still half asleep.

"I know, I know when I compliment her she won't believe me" he continued, "and it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see"

"Stop it" I murmured, feeling my face begun turning pink, even though no one could see me. I hid my blushing face with my hand as I scrunched my features up, only to hide the smile that was threatening to break through. So cute. He was so ridiculously cute...

"But every time she asks me, 'Do I look okay?' I say"

"Oh my God"

He ignored me and sang louder.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change, because you're amazing, just the way you are"

"Sophie!" Gabby called from somewhere in the flat, "I think there's someone at the door for you!"

"And when you smile..."

"You better not be stood outside my door, Sykes" I told him as I pushed the duvet off me and climbed out of the bed. He just chuckled to himself as he sang.

"...The whole world stops and stares for a while" he continued as I grabbed my glasses and stumbled tiredly through the flat, wiping away crust from my eyes as I pushed my glasses up my nose, "'Cause, girl, you're amazing, just the way you are"

"Chloe, you might wanna see this" Gabby called from her spot at the top of the hall as I passed her and made my way towards the front door.

"Her lips, her lips, I could kiss all day if only she'd let me" Nathan sang down the phone but he could also be heard from behind the front door too, "her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's god-damn sexy"

"I'm here" Chloe chirped as from somewhere behind me, "What have I missed?"

"She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday" Nathan belted, making Chloe gasp and then squeal in delight.

"Oh, you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change, if perfect's what you're looking for, then please just stay the same"

I opened the door to see Nathan stood in front of me, his phone pressed to his ear as he continued to sing down it, thick woolly jumper covering his torso, black skinny jeans on his legs, his hair a brown wavy mess atop his head. His fingers were curled around a small bouquet of pink and white roses.

"So, don't even bother asking if you look okay, you know I'll saaa-aaayyy-" he cut himself off as he opened his eyes and saw I'd opened the door, a large grin lighting up his face, "oh, hello"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and ended the call, having no need to still be connected to Nathan's phone when I had the real thing stood right in front of me. He lowered his own phone and tucked it away in his pocket.

"Hello" I replied.

"You know" Gabby began from behind me, "that old witch next door will come round in a minute complaining about the noise"

"Gabs, shut up" Chloe hissed quietly, "don't ruin the Nophie moment, I wanna see what he'll do next"

"Anyway" Nathan continued, ignoring my two flatmates, "just thought you'd like to wake up to my singing, I see you're up now so I guess I'll see you later" he shrugged, giving me a small wave before disappearing from sight as he presumably started to make his way back down the corridor.

"What?! What?!" Chloe exclaimed loudly, "That is not what is supposed to happen, Sykes!"

I folded my arms and leaned against the wooden door, just waiting...

Three.

Two.

One...

"Nah, I'm only joking" Nathan grinned as he appeared back in the doorway, before wrapping his arms around me tightly and then his mouth was against mine. I smiled against his lips as my fingers clutched at the woolly fabric of his jumper, and if it hadn't been for Chloe's 'aww'ing, I would have forgotten my flatmates were even present.

"Aww, see, I knew he'd come back" I heard Chloe say.

"No, you didn't" Gabby argued.

"Look, they're so cute"

I giggled as Nathan squeezed me tighter and began to rock us from side to side, before ending the kiss but keeping his nose brushing mine.

"I love you" he whispered with a smile.

"I love you too" I whispered, "and I love your singing, but please God don't wake me up with it again"

He chuckled lightly, "even on Valentine's Day, you're still the grumpiest woman known to mankind before eleven AM"

"And even on Valentine's day, you're still as charming as ever" I replied sarcastically.

"Excuse me, Miss McKinnon, I serenaded you and brought you flowers" he tutted playfully, "you didn't even make the effort to put pants on"

I flared my nostrils in mock-annoyance, realising that I had only an oversized t-shirt and pair of knickers to cover my body.

"I would have made the effort" I scoffed, "had you done this after eleven AM"

"Do you not want the flowers then?" He asked with a raise of one of his large eyebrows, holding the bouquet up in front of my face.

""No, no" I said quickly, taking the roses from him, "I'll take them off your hands"

I admired them for a moment before my fingers pulled out the little card sticking out from between the roses. I opened it up to read a little note scribbled in Nathan's messy handwriting.

I know you can be a very grumpy lady sometimes so if you're in a bad mood with me for waking you up, just know that I love you anyway and I always will

Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day with me

Nath xxx

I chuckled to myself, touched at how sweet yet honest he was, and also at how well he knows me.

"Are you happy now, Chloe?" Nathan asked her as I tucked the card back in between the flowers.

"No, I'm not" Chloe replied, ""kiss her again"

Nathan and I stared at her blankly, whilst Gabby put her arm around Chloe's shoulders.

"Chlo, come on, you're getting overexcited again" she sighed, leading Chloe into the kitchen.

"But they're so cute..." we heard her trail off as the two of them disappeared out of sight. Nathan smiled and shook his head.

"She never changes" he mused, before turning back to me, "and you, deep down you're still the same fourteen year old girl I fell in love with, aren't you?" he bent down a little, and before I could stop him, grabbed the backs of my thighs, lifting me up into his arms. I involuntarily released a small squeal and clutched at his shoulders whilst trying to not squash the pretty flowers.

"God" I groaned, "you know I hate it when you do that"

"No, you don't" he grinned knowingly and I couldn't really argue so instead, I dipped my head down and pressed my lips softly against his.

"Happy Valentine's day" he smiled, pushing his lips back to meet mine again.

Hope you liked it, vote, comment, fan, etc, if you did :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 152 9
A collection of oneshots for the We Always Attract story, the sequel to Scarred and Left Me Like a Sunburn Warning: Contains strong language and se...
18K 372 10
• a series of oneshots • last updated: 04/19/20 • not taking requests currently • decent enough grammar • Mature language
3.9K 62 71
LOVE LANGUAGE EN- BOOK 1/6 Up Next: Niki Started: MAY 01 Ended: JUL 22 I'll fix the many typos later and as I said when this books reaches the desir...
5.4K 98 9
A collection of oneshots that I've written as a part of the Scarred and Left me Like a Sunburn story. I'll upload them as and when they are in the st...