Unexpected Guest ⭐

By jenica1988

~*COMPLETE*~ Little sister of Laura Barton is living with her while her Clint is working with the Avengers a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 - Final
Author's Note

Chapter 9

3.1K 110 19
By jenica1988

A/N: Peggy does not have dementia in this storyline.

A couple of days later I was sitting in my room on my computer when there was a knock on my open door, I looked up and saw Steve.

"Hey iceman, what's up?" I asked and he sighed leaning on the door frame.

"I was wondering if you would want to take a trip with me. I need to take a quick trip and I wondered if you wanted to go." Steve said and I gave a small smile.

"I mean only if you really want me to and have no one to go with you." I said.

"No one would want to go and I don't want to go alone." Steve said and I sighed.

"When do we leave?" I asked and he smiled.

"Soon." Steve said and I nodded

"Pack on overnight bag, we might be staying depending on time." Steve said and I nodded but instantly got nervous.

"It's okay Andie, do you trust me?" Steve asked and I sighed.

"Who wouldn't trust Captain America?" I asked with a smile and he smiled back.

"We are taking Tony's private jet so we have to get to the airport." Steve said and I nodded.

"Be ready to go in half an hour." Steve said and I nodded. Once he was gone I text Nat and Laura.

>S.O.S! Bedroom now!< I sent to my group chat with them. Soon they were both coming upstairs.

"What is going on?" Laura asked sitting on my bed.

"Steve wants to take me somewhere on Tony's jet and wants me to pack an overnight bag." I said and Nat half nodded.

"I know where he is taking you because he knew you would be concerned. Listen, it's just something you need to go do with him. He trusts you and there are some things you need to understand." Nat said and I sighed.

"What do I even pack? He said we might be staying overnight. I don't know if I will have my own room or not." I said and Nat sighed.

"I'm sure he would get you your own room." Laura said and I sighed. I grabbed some pajamas, clothes and anything I would need for an overnight stay somewhere in a duffel bag and headed downstairs with the girls. I saw Steve, Clint and Tony standing at the door.

"Ready to go?" Steve asked.

"Ready iceman." I said and he smiled shaking his head.

"Will I ever be Steve?" He asked and I shrugged with a smile. I looked out and saw a car waiting for us.

"It will take you straight to the airstrip. Be good on the plane." Tony said and I smiled. I hugged Clint, Laura and the kids. Steve and I walked out to the car and our bags were put in the trunk, Steve opened the car door for me and I got in. I looked at Steve concerned.

"Are you sure I'm even dressed okay to go wherever we are going?" I asked. Steve looked at my black jeans, booties and grey t-shirt that had thin black strips and was v-neck.

"You look great." Steve said and I smiled. The ride to the airport was pretty silent. Once we got to the airport Steve went and talked to the pilot and then we got on the plane.

****************************************************************

Once we arrived in Washington D.C. I looked confused to Steve.

"Why are we here in Washington?" I asked and Steve sighed.

"There are somethings I need to show you." Steve said.

"Very suspicious." I said and he chuckled. As we got in the car that picked us up Steve looked at me and pulled his compass out of his pocket and I tried not to make my sigh audible.

"It deals with when you saw this the other night and how your demeanor towards me changed." Steve said.

"It didn't change iceman, you just have someone and that's makes me happy for you. Did you bring me here to meet her?" I asked and Steve sighed.

"Something like that but it will need to be explained once we are there." Steve said and I nodded. I just looked out the window wondering why he thought this trip was necessary. Once we arrived at our destination I realized we were at a retirement center.

"What are we doing here?" I asked and Steve sighed.

"Just come with me." Steve said and I nodded. Once we got in he signed in and looked at the nurse.

"Is it a good day?" He asked and she nodded with a smile.

"She has been asking to see you." The nurse said and Steve smiled. He looked at me and smiled.

"This way." Steve said and I followed him and he walked to a room and walked in seeing her look at him and her eyes lit up.

"Steve! You came!" She said Steve smiled.

"Couldn't miss a meeting with you." Steve said. I had stayed in the doorway. Steve looked at me and smiled.

"Peggy there is someone I would like you to meet..." Steve said and motioned for me to come in and I smiled at the lady laying in the bed. She was older and seemed weak and a little fragile.

"Peggy, this is Miranda. She is Clint's sister-in-law. You remember me telling you about Clint?" Steve asked and Peggy smiled with a nod. She looked at me and I smiled at her.

"Nice to meet you Peggy." I said and she held her hand out to me and I took it sitting on the other side Steve wasn't on.

"You have been through so much in your young life." She said and I looked at Steve.

"Peggy thinks she can read people." Steve said and I gave a small laugh.

"You aren't wrong Peggy." I said, Peggy smiled and Steve sighed.

"I need to tell you who Peggy actually is..." Steve said and I nodded. Steve pulled out the compass.

"Oh Rogers...." Peggy annoyed.

"Yeah I know..." Steve said and he opened it and showed me the picture and then looked at Peggy.

"It's Peggy. Peggy and I...we...well..." Steve stammered.

"We were friends, maybe something more but Steve went into the ice." Peggy said and I half nodded.

"I held her picture knowing I would come back to her once I got back from war but fate had other plans. I just keep her in there because she was one of the few people from that life and time I had left." Steve said and I nodded. I didn't know what else to do. Peggy looked between Steve and I and smiled.

"You two are so cute together." She said and I gave a small laugh as did Steve.

"We aren't together Peggy." I said.
"I brought her here because she saw the picture in the compass one night and thought you were my girlfriend or wife." Steve said and Peggy laughed then looked at me.

"Miranda would you mind giving me a minute with Steve?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Of course. I should call Clint any ways. It was so nice meeting you Peggy." I said and she smiled.

"Come back sometime and we can gossip about Steve." She said and I laughed.

"That sounds amazing." I said and left the room.

*****STEVE & PEGGY POV*****

"Steve, why did you really bring her here?" Peggy asked and Steve looked down.

"You like her." Peggy said and Steve sighed.

"I think there could be something there. She is against being involved with the Avengers though. Clint being her brother-in-law is as close as she wants to get." Steve said and Peggy sighed.

"Can't you show her there is a Steve side to you and a Captain America side and you can separate the 2?" Peggy said.

"We are staying with Clint and except when we showed up and I was in my uniform I have just been trying to be Steve. She isn't seeing the difference. Not to mention she just got out of an abusive relationship." Steve explained and Peggy sighed and gripped Steve hand tighter.

"Give her time Steve, spend time with her, don't let her get away." Peggy said and Steve sighed.

"You know now that you invited her she will come back to hear those stories you want to tell her." Steve said and Peggy laughed.

"I expect her to. You know how much I could tell her." Peggy said and Steve groaned.

"Which worries me." Steve said and then huffed a laugh.

"What?" Peggy smiled.

"You know she wont call me Steve, Rogers or even Captain America..." Steve said.
"What does she call you?" Peggy asked.

"Iceman." Steve said and Peggy smiled.

"Oh I really like her Steve, seriously don't let her go." Peggy said and Steve smiled as he could tell Peggy was getting tired.

"I am going to let you rest. Once I am back in town, I will come see you." Steve said and Peggy said.

"I expect you to bring Miranda again as your girlfriend." Peggy said. Steve stood up, kissed her forehead.

"I'll work on it." Steve said and walked out of the room. Before he joined Miranda out in the lobby he took a deep breath, even though there was never any future with Peggy and their time was cut short it was always hard on him to see her in this state. This time though the pain was a little less and he knew exactly why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.5K 25
❤︎✧Clintasha romance novel✧❤︎ Book 1 (Completed) Teenage years + Romanogers and Buckynat moments ( I'm just borrowing the characters from Marvel and...
1K 22 12
Laura and Clint met, fell in love, and got married. They joined S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent 19 and Hawkeye. Laura found that she was pregnant with a child...
74K 1.3K 47
Anastasia Romanoff always looked up to her older sister, Natasha. Ever since they had left the Red Room and joined S.H.I.E.L.D. with the help of thei...
15.1K 351 25
WARNING: This story contains a relationship between three people! Clint and Laura Barton had decided to stay to themselves after the fight between Ca...