Whoops-A-Daisy 🌼 (A Miraculo...

By lazywriter8

Would you reveal everything to save the one you love? - - - Adrien accidentally reveals his secret identity... More

2- So Much For Secret Identity
3- Fashion Disaster
4- The Agreste Brand
5- Chloe's Protection
6- Cat Noir, Pun Extraordinaire
7- Trapped
8- Crazy Chaos
9- Miraculous Ladybugs
10- Rena's Illusion
11- Blondes Just Wanna Have Fun
12- The Witch and Her Cat
13- The Night Train
14- Catastrophe
15- Nathalie's Epiphany
16- Being Marinette
17- Backstabber
18- Movie Date
19- Gabriel's Garden
20- The Other Side of The Door
21- When In London
22- A New Incentive
23- Unexpected Truths
24- LadyCat
25- Deja Vu
Author's Note
Other Stories

1- Emerald Eyes

4.1K 73 31
By lazywriter8

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is a lot of things. Hardworking, friendly, loyal, and selfless. Being punctual is not one of those things, though she tries.

She sits hunched over at her desk, finishing the last details of her last sketch, a beautiful ballgown dress with red lace and black rhinestones. It's her application for Gabriel Agreste's new internship he's hosting for the new year. It's due today and thanks to being Paris' guardian, she couldn't find the time to complete it. She knew there would be other people applying, but she hoped deep down she would get chosen. It was her dream. Her phone rings and she glances over, sighing, and ignores Nadia's call again. She knows exactly what she wants: a babysitter, and while Marinette would love to earn some extra money and help a friend out, she has too much on her plate at the moment. Designing Jagged Stone's new album cover, research project/essay for school, helping her parents in the bakery after school, not to mention her superhero secret. She didn't have time for anything else, but it was all anyone asked for.

Tikki picks up the pink clock sitting on the desk and waves it in Marinette's face. "You have exactly one hour before school starts. That should be enough time to give Jagged Stone your album concept and finish the last page of your essay."

"Don't forget I have to turn in my application for Gabriel Agreste's internship, Tikki!" Marinette reminds her as she shades in a rhinestone. "If I'm late, it'll be the end of everything. That's why I woke up extra early today."

"You didn't sleep at all," Her kwami points out.

Marinette laughs. "Same difference. I'm done. Let's go." She opens her purse and Tikki flies in and after grabbing her stuff, she races downstairs only to be stopped by her mother.

"Any faster, honey, and you'll be traveling at the speed of light." Sabine pinches her cheek and turns to grab something. "Can you do me a favor? I have some important documents that need to go to the mayor, but your father and I are on our way to go visit your grandfather. Think you can squeeze me into your busy schedule?"

"I always have time for you, Mom." Marinette hugs her mom and takes the folder from her. If she sprinted, she could make it. "Tell grandpa I said hi."

Sabine waves. "Have a good day, honey!"

The pig-tailed girl races out of the bakery, ignoring the rules of the crosswalk as she runs across the city towards the mayor's hotel.  She heads in, out of breath, and increases her step as she sees her classmate, Chloe. She ducks behind a wall before she's spotted and sees the mayor coming out of the elevator. "Mayor Bourgeois!" She shouts, waving her arm as she struts over. He stops and turns around. "I have some important papers from my mother."

"Oh, thank you, Marinette!" Mayor Bourgeois takes the folder from her. "I was expecting these today."

"Well, gotta go, bye!" She steps past him and in the elevator, riding up to Jagged Stone's room to meet him. She searches through her backpack for the album cover art and trips out of the elevator as the doors opens. She collects herself and finds the right door and knocks and checks her phone. Still time.

Penny opens the door and smiles. "Marinette! We're so glad you're here. Come in."

"Thank you." She steps inside and finds Jagged Stone and his pet crocodile, Fang sitting together on the couch. "Hi, Jagged. I have the-"

"Aye, it's Marinette!" Jagged cheers, strumming a note on his electric guitar. "Marinette is here in my hotel room. She's here to swim in my swimming pool!" He sings and she laughs. "Just kidding. I don't have a pool. How are you today, Marinette?"

"I'm great. I'm here to drop off the album concept art," She explains, stepping forward and hanging him the disc. "If you don't like it, I can totally remake it, you'll just have to give me like a week-"

Jagged squints at the art and back at her. "Don't like it? I love it! This is just what I was looking for! You have an eye for talent, girl."

"Thank you, Jagged Stone. It was nice seeing you, but I have to go to school now."

"See ya!" He shouts, playing on his guitar as Fang snores peacefully next to him.

As Marinette reaches the door, Penny comes running over with a box. "Marinette! I have a huge favor to ask you."

"Oh sure. What's-" Her phone rings in her back pocket and she grabs it, groaning, and silences Nadia's call. "I'm sorry. You said a favor?"

"Yes." Penny steps forward and drops the box in Marinette's arm, who's already struggling to balance everything. "Jagged has a concert tomorrow night and there was an extra shipment of t-shirts. We were hoping you could hand them out to your classmates at school. You know, like a free promotion."

"Oh... sure." She looks down at her hands and catches her sketchbook as it falls. "I'll get right on it."

Penny smiles. "Thank you, Marinette! You're a life saver. Here, two tickets for tomorrow night. Bring whoever you want."

"Thank you," Marinette takes the tickets with her teeth and smiles. "See you tomorrow!" She waves with her head before stepping out in the hall and back towards the elevator.

"Do you need any help, Marinette?" Tikki asks from the purse. "I think you're carrying too much."

"I can handle it, Tikki." Marinette stands in front of the elevators, carefully moving her hands to press the button. She can't reach it and sighs as she squats and inches forward. There's a red blur as her kwami flies out and pushes it. "Thanks." She steps in and the doors shut.

"You're allowed to say no, you know." Tikki floats up and takes the tickets out of her mouth. "I know you want to help everyone, but you also need to help yourself."

Marinette shakes off her kwami's concern. "I can handle it, Tikki. I'm a great multitasker!"

Tikki glares at her. "You press the elevator button, then."

She frowns and kneels down and presses the button with her nose. "See? Multitasker."

"I'm just afraid you're stressing yourself out, Marinette," Tikki warns as she hides back in her purse. "It won't be long before you blow."

"I appreciate your concern, Tikki, but I know what I'm doing." Marinette walks through the hotel lobby and prays gratefully that Chloe isn't around. She uses her back to open the door and waits at the crosswalk. "Now I just have to drop off my application for Gabriel Agreste's internship and make a quick stop at home for a quick breakfast and finish my essay."

"What about those shirts you have to pass out?" Tikki reminds her. "The ones you're struggling to carry?"

Marinette adjusts the box of t-shirts, her sketchbook, and the application in her arms, tripping over a rock and thankfully catching her balance. "I'll just hand them out at lunch." The light turns and she crosses the street, avoiding big crowds as she walks towards the Agreste Mansion. She's on the sidewalk across from the school and sees Alya and Nino hanging out by the stairs. "Hey! Maybe I could ask Alya and Nino to hand them out while I finish my to-do list."

"Didn't Penny ask you to do it, Marinette?"

With a half smile, she answers, "Well... yes, but she never said I couldn't have help. Hehe."

"Marinette-"

Her phone rings- again- and the guilt eats away as she struggles to grab it and answer, hoisting it between her cheek and neck. "Hey, Nadia..."

"Marinette! I've been trying to get ahold of you all morning," Nadia chimes in, busy. "Stupid phones. Never mind that. Listen, I have a very important meeting this afternoon and I would really appreciate it if you could watch Manon for a few hours."

"Oh, Nadia, I would love to help you-" She pauses as she steps over a loose brick in the sidewalk. "-but I'm busy after school. I have to help my parents count inventory in the bakery."

"Marinette, please, I don't have anyone to else. I need you."

Marinette takes in a deep breath and closes her eyes. Just say no. Tikki said I could say no. "Well, I can talk to my parents and see if I can skip tonight."

"Oh, thank you! You're a lifesaver, Marinette."

"Yeah, I knOHHH!" Her ankle twists and she trips and falls off the edge of the sidewalk, landing flat on her face as her stuff scatters across the road. Her phone flies and breaks into pieces. The t-shirts spill out in a puddle, her sketchbook slides across the asphalt, and the pages of her application scoot away with the wind. "No! I can't lose that application!" She crawls across the road, grabbing a loose page, and chases the other ones.

"Marinette, this is dangerous! You shouldn't be in the road," Tikki says, dragging her purse and trying to pull her away.

"If I lose this application, I lose everything, Tikki!" Marinette shouts, diving for a page as it heads towards the in-road sewer. "Gotcha."

Across the street at the school, Adrien walks towards his friends from Marinette's bakery. He was hoping to see her this morning and was disappointed to hear from her parents she left early. "Hey guys!" He shouts, waving at the couple.

"Hey, dude!" Nino greets and Alya waves.

"Have you guys seen Marinette yet?" He asks.

Alya shakes her head. "Not yet. Marinette texted me this morning and said she's on an all-errands trip before school. I wouldn't be surprised if she's late."

Adrien laughs. "I wouldn't either."

"Come back here you stupid paper!"

The three look over to the familiar voice shouting across the street and see their friend Marinette crawling in the road, chasing after her papers. "What is she doing?" Alya screams, jumping to her feet. She cups her hands over her mouth. "Girl! Get out of the road!"

"I don't think she can hear us," Nino says, and puts his headphones back on.

"Marinette!" Adrien shouts, walking down the steps to get closer. "Marinette!"

Tikki hides behind her back and pulls on one of her pigtails. "We have to move! There's a car coming!"

The wind rings in Marinette's ears and she doesn't hear her kwami's words. "Okay! I have all my papers now."

A loud engine roars down the street as it turns a corner, making a sharp turn. The driver grabs their phone and checks a texts, unbeknownst to the girl crawling around in the middle of the road. Adrien glances at the car and back at Marinette. It's too late. There isn't time. He drops his bag and starts running. "Marinette!" His name echoes and she looks up at her classmate coming towards her. "Plagg, claws out!" A green glow covers him head-to-toe in leather she knows all too well and her eyes widen. It couldn't be. The wind takes her breath as a pair of strong arms encase and tackle her, a protective hand on her head as they roll across the street. There's a small cut on her forehead and the pain seems to disappear as she stares into those familiar gorgeous emerald eyes she would always remember in her lifetime. He holds himself above her as she lays still with heavy breaths, reaching a shaky hand out to touch his cheek. "Adrien..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 345 9
The story of Evelyn potter. The one that found out that family was not blood, and that the Slytherin group was her family. Follow Evelyn Potter on he...
320K 12.1K 70
Rules are meant to keep you safe. But the rules Gabriel Agreste has set up for the fashion show are the rules Adrien Agreste is going to be breaking...
69.6K 1.2K 12
Ladybug: hey, you ready to talk about it?I Chat noir: *looks at ladybug directly for the time all night, with tears in his eyes* Chat Noir: M'lday...
220K 6.6K 34
Two people do not know anything about love became best friend. Jack frost a popular guy and elsa a popular girl. What if one of them fall inlove? "M...