VSOO | One-Sided Love [Comple...

By yourerin_

When Taehyung and Jisoo were forced to marry one another without love as a foundation. Well, she loves him bu... More

Chapter 1 - Her
Chapter 2 - Him
Chapter 3 - The Family (Part 1)
Chapter 4 - The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 5 - Friends
Chapter 6 - The Past (Part 1)
Chapter 7 - The Past (Part 2)
Chapter 9 - It's Time?
Chapter 10 - Alone With You
Chapter 11 - Hurt
Chapter 12 - Forgotten
Chapter 13 - Broken Hearts
Chapter 14 - Everything Has Changed
Chapter 15 - Thoughts (Part 1)
Chapter 16 - Thoughts (Part 2)
Not an update (Survey)
Chapter 17 - A Glimpse of Hope
Chapter 18 - His Wife
Not an update
To continue with VSOOFF or not? - Survey
Chapter 19 - The Heart Won't Forget (Part 1)
Chapter 20 - The Heart Won't Forget (Part 2)
Chapter 21 - Letting go
Chapter 22 - Mending Hearts Part 1 (Taehyung)
Chapter 23- Mending Hearts Part 2 (Jisoo)
Not an update
Chapter 24 - Home
Chapter 25 - Now and Forever
Hi!

Chapter 8 - The Truth

2.3K 149 15
By yourerin_

Taehyung: "Good job everyone! I'll meet you again next week." He stood up and left the conference room.

Taehyung just finished a meeting on the ongoing business collaboration between Kim Corporation and Park Company. Today's meeting felt different for Taehyung. He's definitely used to attending important meetings like what happened earlier, but today he felt uncomfortable. Why? Because Irene, his ex, was there. She was not just an attendee but was the presenter. Taehyung tried his best to focus on the discussion, avoided looking at her but at some points, he failed.

Taehyung reached his office. He loosens his necktie before he flopped into the chair. He was looking straight to the window, lost in his own thoughts. There's this feeling that he can't seem to understand.

The room was filled with deafening silence, his mind is still lost somewhere when someone interrupted his little moment.

Irene: "Taehyung." She said, walking slowly towards him.

Taehyung looked a bit shocked seeing her in his office. The person, who he had been avoiding during the conference, was there standing near him, just the two of them.

Irene: "Taehyung, can we please talk?" She asked with a sad tone.

Taehyung stayed quiet for some time before he found the courage to speak.

Taehyung: "If it's not urgent, we can discuss on next week's meeting." He plainly answered, thinking that what she meant was about work. From looking at her to directing his gaze to the window on the left side of the room.

Irene: "It's not about business." She started. "Can we talk about us, please?" She pleaded.

Taehyung: "Ms. Bae-" He got interrupted when Irene suddenly spoke.

Irene: "Taehyung, please?" She took another step towards him but he stopped her. With glossy eyes, she started talking to him. "I might sound selfish but I want you back." She said, her eyes are full of emotions.

Taehyung was surprised by her sudden confession. In a way, he expected that they will cross paths again but not to a point when she will plead for them to be together again.

Taehyung: "What are you saying? You know that I am married." He answered with his cold tone. He's now standing while staring at her.

Irene: "I know. But do you love her? Do you love her the way you loved me?" She asked with tears forming in her eyes. "I know that you were just forced by your parents to marry that girl." She continued.

Taehyung: "She has a name." He said with a serious tone. He seemed to be pissed off by what he heard.

Irene was taken aback by his reaction. Why would he act this way? Does he already love her?

Irene: "Do you love her?" She asked. "Do you already love her?" She demanded an answer.

Taehyung didn't know what to say. It's a question that he too doesn't know how to answer. He sighs deeply before speaking.

Taehyung: "I honestly do not know." He answered with all honesty.

She showed a small smile upon hearing what he said. She thought that she still have a chance, a chance for her to be with him again, a second chance for them.

Irene: "You don't know? Maybe because I am still there... in your heart? I'm sure that I am. It's possible, right? We didn't end our relationship because we do not love each other anymore, we were actually ready to tell everyone about our love story at that time but... but that did not happen because of that arranged marriage." She sounded bitterly at the last part of her statement.

She was right. It's not as if they didn't love each other anymore when they broke up. It's just that he needs to marry someone else. What she said made him remember the past.

It all started when he first met her while taking his higher education abroad. He knew when he first met her that she was the woman of his dreams, the one for him. And so, he pursued his love for her. However, their love story was quite different. She loved him as well but her relationship with him is not her priority at the time. Because of her dreams and the expectations from her parents, she had to keep their relationship a secret. She knew that if her parents get to know about her relationship, they will be disappointed and she didn't want that to happen. At that time, pleasing her parents and meeting their expectations are the most important things for her. Her love for him was just never at the top of her priority list.

Taehyung knew everything but he accepted it wholeheartedly because he loved her. He loved her so much. Years passed being in a secret relationship, they thought that they will end up together forever. It was after college that Irene decided to let her parents know about her relationship with Taehyung. They were ready but their world collapsed when they learned about Taehyung's marriage to Jisoo.

Irene: "Taehyung." She almost whispered. Her voice was low but was enough to catch his attention.

Taehyung: "Ms. Bae. I'm sorry but I don't think it's appropriate to have conversation like this here in my office. Please leave if you don't have any business matters with me." He said coldly.

Irene was shocked. This is not what she expected. He still loves her, right? She knew that she was the only one for him. Maybe he just needs time. Yes, he needs time. That's what she thought.

Irene: "I'm sorry. I'll go then but, I hope we would get the chance to talk about ourselves some other time. I'll wait for that time." She smiled sadly, trying to hold back her tears before walking away.

Taehyung remained quiet as he looked at her walks away.

-

It's been a week since Jisoo witnessed Irene's moment with her husband. From that time, she acted distant from Taehyung and he noticed the change in her behavior. Part of him says that he should confront her about it but he was afraid. He was afraid that he'll end up hurting her even more.

It's Saturday afternoon. Taehyung was busy working on his laptop in the living room while Jisoo is silently reading a book in the library.

Taehyung just finished working and decided to approach her.

Taehyung: "Do you want to dine out?" He asked as soon as he arrived where she was.

Jisoo: She lifted her head and met his eyes. "I- I don't feel like going out." She answered, feeling awkward.

Taehyung: "Why? How are you feeling? Aren't you feeling okay?" He asked softly. He started feeling worried.

Jisoo: "I - I am okay. I just don't like to go out." She said, avoiding eye contact with him.

Taehyung: "Hmmm, okay." He sighs deeply. "Maybe, we can just cook dinner together?" He asked again.

He's not used to seeing her like this. He doesn't like it when she's acting differently towards him. He missed her. What? Did he just thought that he missed her?

Taehyung: "Please?" He pleaded.

Jisoo was a little surprised with how he was acting up but she tried to ignore it. She just simply nodded as a response. She just wants to get over the conversation.

-

Time skipped. Taehyung and Jisoo are preparing for bed.

Taehyung: "Do you have any plans for tomorrow? Do you want to visit mom (Jisoo's mom) or probably meet some friends?" He asked, hoping that her mood will light up.

They prepared and had dinner together but Jisoo was quiet all throughout. He wants the old Jisoo back.

Taheyung: "Or maybe, go to your favorite book shop and buy new books for your collection?" He asked again when Jisoo did not acknowledge what he said.

Jisoo, who just finished reading, sat on the bedside and carefully placed the book at the side table.

Jisoo: "You don't have to do this." She whispered. Her voice cracked.

Taehyung: "What do you mean?" He asked. He's a bit confused. He was standing behind her, on the other side of the bed.

Jisoo: "I saw you. You and..." She paused. She can't take it anymore.

She just wants to let go of the feeling that has been haunting her for several days. Taehyung knew what she was talking about. He slowly walked towards her and sat beside her.

Taehyung: "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." He said softly.

Jisoo: "Is she the reason? The reason why you can't love me back?" She asked. She's now looking at him with glossy eyes.

There was a moment of silence between them. Taehyung felt hurt seeing those eyes. He sees pain, she's broken.

Taehyung: "Yes." He was shocked by how he responded. "I mean she was my past." He clarified.

Jisoo failed to hold on to those tears anymore. Tears finally rolled down her cheeks. She's already hurt but knowing the truth felt like killing her. She covered her face with her hands and cried heavily.

Taehyung: "Jisoo." He called her name softly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." He placed his hand on her lap, gently caressing it.

Jisoo: "I don't want to hear anything anymore." She begged. Her hands are still covering her face. 

Taehyung: "Ji-" From sitting beside her to now kneeling in front of her.

Jisoo: "Please. Stop. I don't want to-" She's sobbing. She find it hard to speak her mind anymore.

Taehyung is hurt seeing her state. He hates it when she cries.

Taehyung: "You need to hear me out, Jisoo. She was my past. And, she'll continue to be part of my past, cause what's important to me now is my present, my future." He said, full of emotions.

Jisoo slowly removed her hands from covering her face. She looked shocked. Taehyung was also surprised by his confession but he didn't dwell so much on where that revelation came from. It felt right.

Taehyung was looking straight to her eyes, to her soul. He slowly caressed her face, gently wiping her tears that continue to fall on her cheeks.

Taehyung: "Didn't I tell you that I hate to see you cry?" He said softly. His other hand held her cold hand. "Will you stop crying, hmm? It's hurting me too." He said with a small smile.

Hearing what he said made her cry even more.

Taehyung: "Shhh." He hushed her. He continues to wipe those tears from her face. "I promise that starting today, I will work on our relationship, for you... for us. I'll be a better partner to you, my wife." He said before closing the gap between them.

Taehyung hugged her like they never hugged before. He cradled her head on his shoulder. She froze, left her hands dangling useless at her sides. She'd never been held like this. His embrace is way different from the hug that they have shared before. 

She felt warmth. She felt secure. She felt loved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.8K 3.5K 20
Taehyung"Don't ever try to escape or I will do something you can't even dream of." Highest rank in: #1 vsoo(25/5/21) #1 bts (26/5/21) #1 kim jisoo(26...
52.6K 1.9K 13
Jisoo and Yoongi are both doctors from the same hospital. Both of them have secrets, they are secretly married to each other. They love each other, b...
73K 2.7K 29
wherein taehyung and jisoo love each other a lot. but taehyung was forced to leave jisoo and let her marry jungkook. if you want to know the reason t...
31.2K 1.9K 33
People can be forced to marry, But not to love - Jung Jennie I don't believe in love, Not su...