The Bad Boy's Sleepover

By SoniaJohn

Highest rank: 4 in #Teen Three best friends, one bad boy on the run from the police and the 'killer' sleepov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43

Chapter 42

1.3K 102 6
By SoniaJohn

The bitter tinge of smoke still lingered on Lola's tongue and burned her throat even after gulping down an entire bottle of water.

She sat perched by the edge of the back of a van and stared at the madness of her surroundings. Paramedics were bustling in and out of the ambulances, carrying their equipment and checking on her and her friends.

Eva was currently surrounded by a group of policemen as she gave her statement for what seemed like the fifth time in the past hour. Her face was flustered but she never faltered or wavered in her words no matter how many times they interrogated her.

If only Lola could hear what she was saying but she only heard gists of it. Eva had confessed to being involved in the murders of Fiona and Jason and Lola heard the names Tyler and Lennox but that was about the full extent she got from it.

Lola tapped her legs impatiently on the floor as she waited for the paramedics to be done with her friends but her eyes eventually fell on the empty spot where the ambulance with Julian had been.

By the time the police came Julian had already gone unconscious. Lola's screams had drowned out almost everything else, even Eva's as she ran into the room to grab the fire extinguisher.

Eva had confessed to being guilty but no one could deny how heroic she was when she ran head first into the burning room, grabbed the fire extinguisher and put out the fire nearest to them.

The girl had succumbed to a few first degree burns but she refused to be taken to the hospital before giving her statement to the police. Her mother had arrived within minutes and Lola couldn't help but notice that she looked more angry with her daughter than relieved.

"Lola, honey!! My God you're okay!" She heard her parents panicked voices as they rushed towards her.

Her mother's hair was disheveled and her eyes were blood shot with worry. She grabbed Lola and engulfed her in the tightest hug. "Are you alright baby?"

Lola had been checked already and after ruling out signs of concussions or any possible internal injuries, she was made to sit by the ambulance as the authorities contacted her parents. She was still in shock but all she could think about was Julian and how he was doing. She prayed to God that he was okay because she just couldn't fathom the alternative.

"What happened?" Lola's father demanded to no one in particular because everyone was too busy sorting out the mess around them. Fire fighters were still putting out the fire in the classroom, the police had just only finished with Eva before she was whisked away to the hospital, and the rest were taking statements and checking in on her friends.

Hanna's parents had just only arrived and they were in a mess just like Lola's. Edward had been taken to the hospital immediately after Julian. Nalini was sitting next to Damien as they got checked side by side by two paramedics. Despite hearing his name come out of Eva's mouth, Tyler was no where to be seen but Lola guessed their hooded assailant was Lennox, their ex-teacher.

He had managed to escape but thankfully the authorities had been able to catch him.

"Lola, what happened? Did Julian do this to you?" Lola's mother admonished causing a flare of irritation to rise from within.

"No, he came to save us," She frowned at her parents. "He didn't murder anyone. He was framed. The guy who did it used to be our substitute teacher. He's the one who trapped us in that classroom and tried to burn us to crisps."

"Your teacher?" Her father raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Why would he kill two students? And then try to kill you kids? The security in this school is pathetic I tell you. How could they allow this to happen?"

Lola looked at the ground, wondering the same thing. She didn't know the full story, all she knew was that it involved Eva and Tyler.

She couldn't believe she had been alone with Tyler in his house. He could have done anything and she realised she had become pretty impulsive ever since Julian walked into her life. Her heart ached thinking about Julian and the amount of blood he had lost during his fight with Lennox.

"Excuse me Miss, we're going to have to take you to the hospital for a more thorough check up." A paramedic approached the three of them just as Nalini and Damien joined the group.

"Nalini, so glad you girls are okay," Lola's mother hugged her tightly.

"I think we're fine. It's Julian whom we should be worrying about," Nalini voiced Lola's thoughts and Damien agreed in panic.

"Where are your parents?" Lola's father asked Nalini and Damien.

"My mother's on the way. Dad's at the hospital I think." Nalini shrugged.

"Mine's on the way too but from another state," Damien replied. "Sister will be here earlier."

"Come on. Let's go." The three of them and Lola's parents were whisked off to the state hospital and once Lola was done with her check up she looked around for Julian. Hanna was waiting in Edward's room while the rest of the group went in search for him.

Lola, Nalini and Damien walked around the hospital harassing every and any staff in their way till they found the day care centre. Julian was currently going through an operation and blood transfusion in the operation theatre so the group sat huddled together and waited for any news of their friend.

Lola hated this uncertainty which gathered in the pit of her stomach and made it churn with dread. She clutched Nalini's hand hard.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" She whispered and Nalini squeezed back.

"He'd better be or I'll whoop his ass," Nalini mumbled half heartedly.

Damien had his head in his hands as he tapped his feet on the floor impatiently. Just then the doors to the day care waiting area swung open and Lola lifted her head to see Eva rush through.

"Finally found you guys." She bent down and gasped, out of breath.

"Eva?" Nalini asked in bewilderment and Damien's head shot up in disbelief. His arms tensed and he looked like he was about to get up and punch her.

"I know I must be the last person you want to talk to right now." Eva looked at each of them but her gaze settled on Nalini. "I shouldn't have let it get this far."

"How are you even here? Shouldn't you be in jail right now?" Damien snapped angrily.

"I didn't kill them. I need you to know that. Lennox did, because of me. I cheated during those mid terms. Fiona, Tyler and I stole those papers with Lennox's help. Fiona wanted to blackmail me for it and Jason was an unexpected witness. He was in school that night and he saw what we did. But I never thought Lennox would go that far to cover it up. Or Tyler," Eva mumbled in a rush of words and her eyes kept darting to the door, like she was expecting someone to walk through it at any moment.

"And you were okay with blaming all of this on an innocent person?" Damien asked, his face a mixture of anger and disbelief. "What did Julian ever do to you for him to deserve that?"

Eva's face dropped in shame but she didn't speak.

"It's because Julian is Mr. Maximus's son, isn't he?" Lola asked and Eva's eyes widened.

"How did you-?"

"Now it all makes sense," Lola said, remembering when he moved away after his parents divorce and why he was always so evasive when she mentioned his father. He'd known all along and he never told anyone.

"You framed him because you were insecure about his relationship with your father? I swear Eva that's low even for you," Damien admonished. "You better pray he survives or you'd be responsible for the murder of your father's son."

Eva's face paled just as her mother rushed through the doors.

"Eva, what are you doing here? Everyone is looking for you." Mrs. Maximus barely glanced at the three of them as she grabbed her daughter's hand. "I told you not to talk to anyone without a lawyer present."

Her tone was so venomous, for a moment Lola felt sorry for Eva.

"I'm so sorry, Nalini. I really wish I could do it all over again," Eva mumbled before she was dragged away by her scary mother.

"Why was she apologising to me?" Nalini wondered out loud as she sunk back against her seat.

"Because she's head of heels in love with you. Can't you tell?" Damien sighed. "The way she jumped into the burning room as she yelled your name. I'm surprised you can't see it."

Lola and Nalini looked at each other in disbelief but Damien's words made so much sense, Lola wondered why she'd never realised it before.

"That's insane," Nalini gasped, her cheeks red.

"It actually makes so much sense," Lola agreed. No matter what Eva had just admitted, Lola found it hard to hate the girl. Not after the way she had jumped in to save them tonight, risking her life in the process.

It's true what she did was terrible but it was obvious she wasn't all bad as well.

A tired looking nurse walked out of the operation centre and to the counter. Lola got up immediately and rushed to him.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

'You're going to have to be more specific kid." He rubbed his tired face as he shifted through sheets of papers.

"Julian? The boy who was stabbed tonight," Damien raised his voice irritatedly.

At hearing this the nurse looked up at the three of them and he stuttered. "Oh, that kid."

Lola held her breath as the three of them waited for his response but his expression made her heart sink all the way down to her stomach.

Was this really how it all ended?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 226 59
𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 Juliet Miller leads a normal life with her family as a senior in high school. Just before she graduat...
24.3M 1.1M 70
"I didn't ask to be in the middle of your ego-battle," I grumble. Blake pins me to my locker, hands resting on either side of my head. "Well, you got...
1.4M 61K 71
WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION Everyone knew Clara was in love with Griffin, the most popular and perfect kid at school - so no one understands why her ol...
7.7K 233 69
"I wish to ask you something." It took me a moment to make Warren out. He sat watching me. I sat up, still a little drowsy. "Shoot." He was instantl...