溺酒 Ni Jiu (Drunkenness) - REV...

By niku_manju

Author: nipple card Status: Completed DISCLAIMER THIS STORY IS NOT MINE. I DID NOT WROTE IT NOR OWN IT. I JUS... More

Chapter 1 [Edited]
Chapter 2 [Edited]
Chapter 3 [Edited]
Chapter 4 [Edited]
Chapter 5 [Edited]
Chapter 6 [Edited]
Chapter 7 [Edited]
Chapter 8 [Edited]
Chapter 9 [Edited]
Chapter 10 [Edited]
Chapter 11 [Edited]
Chapter 12 [Edited]
Chapter 13 [Edited]
Chapter 14 [Edited]
Chapter 15 [Edited]
Chapter 16 [Edited]
Chapter 17 [Edited]
Chapter 18 [Edited]
Chapter 19 [Edited]
Chapter 20 [Edited]
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51 [Edited]
Chapter 52 [Edited]
Chapter 53 [Edited]
Chapter 54 [Edited]
Chapter 55 [Edited]
Chapter 56 [Edited]
Chapter 57 [Edited]
Chapter 58 [Edited]
Chapter 59 [Edited]
Chapter 60 [Edited]
Chapter 61 [Edited]
Chapter 62 [Edited]
Chapter 63 [Edited]
Chapter 64 [Edited]
Chapter 65 [Edited]
Chapter 66 [Edited]
Chapter 67 [Edited]
Chapter 68 [Edited]
Chapter 69 [Edited]
Chapter 70 [Edited]
Chapter 71 [Edited]
Chapter 72 [Edited]
Chapter 73 [Edited]
Chapter 74 [Edited]
Chapter 75 [Edited]
Chapter 76 [Edited]
Chapter 78 [Edited]
Chapter 79 [Edited]
Chapter 80 [Edited]
Chapter 81 [Edited]
Chapter 82 [Edited]
Chapter 83 [Edited]
Chapter 84 [Edited]
Chapter 85 [Edited]
Chapter 86 - END [Edited]
Chapter 87: Epilogue (1)
Chapter 88: Epilogue (2) - Lian Yueting (1)
Chapter 89: Epilogue (3) - Lian Yueting (2)
Chapter 90: Epilogue (4) - Lian Yueting (3)
Chapter 91: Epilogue (5) - Five Time Fragments (1)
Chapter 92: Epilogue (6) - Five Time Fragments (2)
FINAL NOTE
New Story to Revise and Upload

Chapter 77 [Edited]

7.1K 180 37
By niku_manju

Before meeting Shen Tingwei, only the adopted son after the adoption agreement was implemented in Lian Jue's stable relationship.

He once didn't know how to get along with Kang Tong and now he also doesn't know how to get along with Shen Tingwei.

In his cognition, the way he treats his family is relatively practical, so he also earnestly follows his cognition and provides Shen Tingwei and Kang Tong with a stable and prosperous life to the greatest extent within his ability and condition.

Other than that, he has no clue about maintaining intimacy.

Although he and Shen Tingwei both tacitly kept silent about the verbal contract during this period, Lian Jue still spent a lot of spare time thinking about how to make the contractual relationship between the two of them more clear. In the end, he decided to use the simplest and most uninspired way to find a suitable opportunity to give him a new and suitable wedding ring.

But obviously, this most suitable opportunity has been missed.

The right time for him to be considered was Shen Tingwei's due date in less than two and a half months. He inquired about many famous jewelry customization brands all over the country and even abroad. He had a preliminary choice in his mind and a diamond ring design. A concept that is yet to be implemented.

Undetected self-blame and guilt drove Lian Jue to break all plans and assumptions.

Maybe he should look through the calendar to find a more serious and important holiday or anniversary. He should pay more attention to this long-planned ring but he is impatient to wait any longer.

Shen Tingwei's understatement of 'It won't happen in the future,' made him feel like there was something stuck in his throat, so after determining the road conditions from the city to the airport, Lian Jue spared half an hour for himself and let the driver drive to a nearby luxury jewelry brand shop.

In just half an hour, Lian Jue struggled to choose a style that Shen Tingwei might like.

It's not that Lian Jue didn't think about sending the photos directly to Shen Tingwei to choose by himself but Lin Chen seemed to be very helpless at his idea and in a tone that was almost impossible to use at ordinary times, he said firmly: "You, yourself just pick, Mr. Shen will definitely like it."

Lian Jue even wanted to buy several rings that he was hesitant to buy at the same time but Lin Chen held it down and explained, "Mr. Lian, I mean, just choose one, after all, the wedding ring...this kind of thing... is too much inappropriate when you pick a lot of them."

In the end, he followed Lin Chen's suggestion and chose the most expensive diamond ring to buy but was stunned when asked about the size.

Due to the temporary planning, Lian Jue hadn't had time to measure Shen Tingwei's finger circumference. He was worried that he had made a mistake in his estimation and would cause an embarrassing situation like the first wedding ring. After thinking for a moment, Lian Jue asked Lin Chen to go to a nearby pharmacy for him. Buy a pack of waterproof band-aids for children.

Lin Chen thought he heard it wrong and asked dumbly, "Huh?"

Lian Jue didn't have the mood or energy to explain to him, so he told him to hurry up and not delay the flight.

Lin Chen hurried to find the band-aid he wanted.

On the Qixi Festival, Shen Tingwei silently picked up the bunch of roses that he had thrown away and when he was arranging the flowers his hand was cut by a thorn. Lian Jue only noticed it when he hugged Shen Tingwei for a bath at night, so he replaced it for him.

Lian Jue remembered that he searched for a long time at home that day and finally only found the waterproof band-aid for Kang Tong. The band-aid in his memory was very small.

Shen Tingwei's hands were fair and slender, his fingers were slender and well-proportioned and there were no very abrupt joints, so Lian Jue speculated that there was not much difference between the pulp of his fingers and the base of his fingers. Of course, he didn't expect the band-aid to fully estimate Shen Tingwei's finger circumference but at least he could give the closest suitable range.

It wasted a lot of time from getting the bandage, to simulating the size and estimating the size that Shen Tingwei could wear. After leaving the jewelry store, in order to avoid missing the plane, the driver drove the car very fast on the way to the airport.

Lian Jue put the boxed ring box in his pocket and stared at the rapidly flowing street scene outside the window without saying a word.

Lin Chen may have guessed that he is not good at coaxing people and gave him a lot of feasible ideas along the way. Even Lian Jue didn't appear to be focused on listening but he didn't think of interrupting.

When the car was parked at the terminal there was not much time left for boarding. Lian Jue did not ask Lin Chen and the driver to accompany him. He took the suitcase and walked towards the terminal by himself.

Lian Jue rarely had this kind of chaotic thinking. From the moment he got the ring, his dull mood suddenly split into many branches, extracting countless emotions but not all negative.

There was the urgency of giving a late gift. The expectation that Shen Tingwei did not receive the gift and even a bit of untimely pleasure.

The ring case in his pocket was very light and it seemed to fall heavily on his footsteps in his intricate thoughts making him anxious every step of the way.

In the end, Lian Jue couldn't hold back. On the short walk to the boarding gate, he took out his mobile phone and dialed it to call  Shen Tingwei.

The sound of waiting for the call made him anxious. Lian Jue had never been so eager for someone to connect the call as soon as possible. He heard the boarding prompt on the airport radio but his footsteps were orderly. ' Beep - ' the sound gradually slowed down.

At the moment when Shen Tingwei answered the phone, Lian Jue thought that it would be fine if  he couldn't catch up his flight.

Shen Tingwei said softly on the other end of the phone, "Hello?"

Lian Jue's footsteps stopped.

Lian Jue asked him, "Have you left?" while quickly sorting out what he wanted to say in his mind.

"On the road." Shen Tingwei paused before answering, as if explaining to him why he answered the phone so late, "The phone just dropped under the seat. The driver stopped by the road to help me get it."

Lian Jue obviously no longer cares about this trivial issue but he still listened to Shen Tingwei's words patiently. After Shen Tingwei stopped, he said abruptly, "I didn't know yesterday was your birthday."

He guessed that Shen Tingwei be stunned because there was no sound on the phone for a long time.

After a short pause, Shen Tingwei's voice slowly reached his ears: "It's okay." He don't know if it was because of the cold or something else but his voice was a little hoarser than before. His tone was very light, in return, he comforted him, "I actually forgot...if you didn't say it... I am already too old for to celebrate and be trivial about my birthday. Don't worry about it...—"

Lian Jue didn't really want to hear his nonchalant tone or maybe he didn't have the heart to listen to him, so he interrupted him.

Shen Tingwei heard the voice he had heard in his dream in the next second, which he thought did not belong to Lian Jue.

Lian Jue used an extremely gentle tone, in a low voice and very succinctly said to Shen Tingwei which was probably the first time in his life to admit his mistake: "It's my fault."

Shen Tingwei seemed to be at a loss after Lian Jue's "I'm sorry" immediately followed, he dragged a long "ah" with an unclear meaning and fell silent completely.

Lian Jue is not good at responding to the response after the apology and during the time when Shen Ting was silent, he was also silent.

The radio at the airport kept urging the boarding time. Lian Jue glanced at his watch, thinking that it was too late and did not resume his pace.

It wasn't until the airport radio rang again in the quiet call that Shen Tingwei spoke again and asked him, "Is it time?"

Lian Jue glanced at the boarding prompt on the big screen at the airport and said "um".

"Go quickly." Shen Tingwei urged him gently on the phone.

While Lian Jue said "I got it", he was not sure when he heard Shen Tingwei whispering: "...Otherwise you  will miss it."

Lian Jue paused. Shen Tingwei said goodbye to him.

He walked into the gate with little time left for boarding time.

While waiting for takeoff, he suddenly realized that something very important seemed to be missing from the call just now.

Lian Jue took out his mobile phone again, ignoring the scorching gaze of the flight attendant serving in the first-class cabin and found Shen Tingwei's WeChat, trying to fill in the missing blessings.

But when he saw [I am typing...] in the dialog box, the hand preparing to type stopped, temporarily changed his mind and decided to see what Shen Tingwei had to say first.

Shen Tingwei's [inputting...] stopped after a few seconds.

The flight attendant reminded him twice that it was time to shut down but Lian Jue still failed to receive the news from Shen Tingwei.

He was a little puzzled. He couldn't help recalling what Shen Tingwei said before he hung up the phone.

Shen Tingwei is not a person without temper. He still remembers the last time he provoked Shen Tingwei and was scolded by him in circles.

So, in the eyes of the flight attendant who hesitated to speak, Lian Jue could only give up waiting, hurriedly sent a happy birthday and turned off the phone.

An announcement of impending take-off sounded in the cabin.

Lian Jue looked from the narrow plane window to the staff carrying luggage on the tarmac outside the window. The hand in his pocket involuntarily rubbed the velvet ring box while recalling in his heart the words that Lin Chen provided in the car to coax people technique.

Lian Jue believes that between "I will never forget it in the future" and "I will accompany you every birthday from now on", it is really difficult to choose which sentence is worse.

He made a difficult choice in the two sentences as much as choosing a new diamond ring for Shen Tingwei. After a little thought, he found that these two sentences were not in conflict. Simply adopted together.

He knew that Shen Tingwei was actually very good at coaxing but Lian Jue didn't want to see Shen Tingwei's eyes red and said it was okay. He wanted to give him all these insignificant guarantees that would definitely make Shen Tingwei happy.

A suppressed noise suddenly sounded outside the first-class compartment and then the cabin door beside him was hastily opened from the outside.

A staff member rushed in, perhaps his voice was not steady due to running: "Are you Mr. Lian Jue?"

Lian Jue's eyelids twitched and at this moment, a strong and ominous premonition formed in his heart. He asked in a deep voice, "What's the matter?"

"Mr. Lian," the staff member's voice carried an unrelenting breath, "A gentleman surnamed Lin... at the boarding gate said that he has something very important to tell you and needs you to get off the plane immediately."

During the process of leaving the cabin and returning to the boarding gate, Lian Jue seemed to have a short-term memory loss. His brain went blank until he saw Lin Chen, who was blocked by several staff members at the boarding gate. The senses were revived in an instant.

Lian Jue's heavy and rapid breathing, the sound of his heart beating overcame the helpless obstruction of the staff and also overcame Lin Chen's anxious shouting from a few meters away when he saw him.

But at this moment, he reacted very quickly and understood Lin Chen's lips.

"Something happened to Mr. Shen."

[UPLOADER'S NOTE:
"Reader's every bad thing that can go on will happen in the next few chapters so psyche yourselves because you will surely ride a roller coaster. Prepare tissues. I'll do my best to upload later and avoid leaving you hanging on the cliff. Don't worry this story has a happy ending as far as I know."]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 2.7K 34
This is purely a fictional fanfiction, but how I wish it was true. In the beginning it may seem that I have copied the works of some writers on this...
748K 27.9K 78
Aemma Velaryon, the second-born child of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon, knew what the game of thrones was about since childhood, but did not...
40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
2K 50 12
This is the continuation from the Sea of Sands. This novel is a sequel of the Lost Tomb Series and where the Tomb of the Sea (2018) drama was adapted...