Unexpected Guest ⭐

By jenica1988

~*COMPLETE*~ Little sister of Laura Barton is living with her while her Clint is working with the Avengers a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 - Final
Author's Note

Chapter 6

3.5K 112 21
By jenica1988

I was coming back from an early morning run that Steve did not join me on this morning for the first time in a week and I had to even admit to myself I kind of missed his annoying presence. As I approached the house I noticed some men standing on the porch outside just keeping watch and I groaned.

"Avengers shit." I said to myself and jogged up the porch steps. Before I could get any further one of the guys was detaining me.

"What's your business here?" He asked gruffly.

"I live here asshat!" I yelled.

"Highly doubt that! Who do you work for?!" He asked gruffly again. He was holding my arms behind my back that was still semi bruised and my shoulder still sore so this was killing me.

"I'm giving you one chance to let me go..." I said and he chuckle.

"What will you do?" He asked and I chuckled. I stomped on his foot and he loosened his grip slightly leaving me an advantage to get out of his grip. I whipped around on him and started throwing punches that he couldn't block fast enough. As he charged me I moved to the side and he missed me. I grabbed him by the back of his shirt as he passed me and kicked the back of his knee taking him down and pinning on him on the porch pushing his head into the porch floor. I sat on his back.

"That's what I'll do." I said. Before anything else could happen Clint, Steve and another guy I knew came outside.

"Andie! What the hell?" Clint asked getting me up off the guy.

"He grabbed me." I said pissed off rubbing my shoulder.

"She said she lived here and tried getting in the house." The guy said standing up.

"Yeah she is Barton's sister-in-law. She lives here with his wife." The guy who I knew said. He then turned to me.

"I hope you are okay, Rumlow was doing what I told him to do." The guy said. I knew who he was I just didn't want to acknowledge him.

"Detain people who are trying to get in the house? Really Director Fury?" I asked and he sighed.

"Sorry about all this Miranda but it looks like Romanoff's training did you well." Fury said and I smiled. I kept rubbing my shoulder and Steve noticed.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's just still stiff and having to deal with him didn't help." I said. I looked at everyone.

"Can I go inside now? I would really like to shower." I said and Fury nodded.

"Go ahead." Clint said and I watched Rumlow as I walked in the house.

"She can fight Clint, I mean she took down Rumlow, the best and biggest." Fury said and Clint shook his head.

"There is no way she is becoming part of this." Clint said as they headed back into the house.

"We could use her in the field. She could be on my security team." Fury said and Clint shook his head.

"Sorry Fury but no. She hates me being an Avenger as it is and hates the Avengers period. I don't think asking her to be apart of it is the best idea ever." Clint said. Steve snuck upstairs as everyone was talking and knocked on my bedroom door. I opened the door and saw Steve.

"I'm fine iceman, really." I said.

"I know you are, just checking though." Steve said and I smiled.

"Well perfectly fine. You better get back down to your meeting." I said and he nodded. He then handed me a tube of cream.

"This will hep take the soreness out." He said and I gave a small smile.

"Thank you." I said. Steve walked away and I tossed the cream in my bed and headed into the bathroom. As I was in the shower I let the water hit all my muscles and relax me. Once I was done in went back into my room and went to get dressed. I couldn't move my shoulder and I looked at the cream Steve gave me and decided it couldn't hurt so I placed a little on my fingers and massaged it in. As I finished I walked back downstairs and Rumlow was standing at the bottom on the steps.

"Sorry about outside." Rumlow said and I half nodded. I went to walk in towards the kitchen and he grabbed my arm.

"I swear to god did you not learn your lesson outside?" I asked and he released me.

"They are having a meeting and can't be disturbed." Rumlow said and I looking the sitting room and saw Laura with the kids.

"Then I am going to join my sister." I said and walked away. I went and said next to Laura and she smiled.

"You kicked his ass...?" Laura asked with a smile.

"He grabbed me first." I said and she smiled.

"Well I did overhear something and you need to be prepared." Laura said and I looked at her concerned.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Fury is thinking about recruiting you. He liked how you took down Rumlow." Laura said and I shook my head.

"No way, you know my feelings." I said and Laura nodded. I looked into the kitchen to see them all talking.

"What's going on anyways?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I don't get involved." Laura said and I half smiled and looked at Cooper.

"Hey, you want to go outside and do some archery practice?" I asked since he kept looking at everyone sitting at the table. I didn't need him being involved even as a kid.

"Yeah sure." Cooper said and we got up and headed outside. I passed Rumlow and he just looked at me.

"I'm taking my nephew outside, is that a problem?" I asked and he ignored me. Cooper and I walked to where all of the archery stuff was.

"Take your stance and get started." I said

"Can you shoot a couple Aunt Andie?" Cooper asked and I sighed knowing it would kill my shoulder.

"Um...yeah sure maybe a few." I said and he smiled as I picked up a box and a few arrows. I took my stance and lined everything up. I shot a direct bullseye 3 times. I had to stop once my shoulder was killing me.

"So you can fight and are a girl version of Hawkeye. Something great to come back." Fury said walking up to Cooper and me.

"Cooper, take some shots." I said and he stood in a stance.

"Ms. Morse, can we speak for a moment?" Fury asked.

"I know what you are going to ask Director Fury and the answer is no. I will not be joining you or your team." I said and he chuckled.

"You clearly are as hardheaded as Barton suggested." Nick said and I gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry, just that life doesn't appeal to me. I like living here with Laura and the kids. It gives me enough of an insight to make sure everyone is okay and as I think I proved I can protect them." I said and he nodded.

"How would you feel about just a combat training course you could run once a month with the new recruits. You come to the compound once a month for a few days and combat train with Romanoff?" Fury asked and I sighed.

"You won't take no for an answer will you?" I asked.

"He is very persistent." Clint said joining us.

"Well, he is still going to have to take no as an answer." I said, Clint walked up and watched Cooper.

"Who hit the bullseye?" Clint asked.

"I did." I said and Clint looked shocked.

"I had a good teacher." I said and Clint smiled.

"I am going to head to the store to get stuff to make dinner. Are you and your team stay for dinner Director Fury?" I asked.

"Are we invited?" Fury asked Clint and he nodded.

"Of course." Clint said.

"Then we stay." Fury said and I nodded.

"Cooper you staying here or going with me?" I asked and he smiled at Clint.

"Staying here." Cooper said and I smiled. I looked back at Fury.

"Thank you for your offer but it's still a no." I said and he smiled.

"Can't blame a guy for trying. Maybe, just maybe think about it." Fury said and we laughed.

"I'll see what I can do." I said and headed into the house to get the keys to head out. I saw Steve sitting on the porch. He seemed to be watching me talk to Fury.

"Everything okay?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"Fury just wanted me to join his team and be a combat trainer with Nat." I said and Steve huffed a laugh.

"Hey, I am going to the store. Would you like to go with me? Get's you out of the house." I said and she smiled.

"Sure" Steve said as I reached in the door and grabbed the keys.

Let's go." I said as we got in the car and headed to the store. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 1.4K 30
*~COMPLETE~* Steve Rogers jet he took down had been found! He was found inside and frozen...you all know this story. How about the story of Summer C...
13.5K 230 28
(Main Priority Story) Clint Barton and his brother Barney {who's dead in this} were kidnapped by Peter Pettigrew, Snape and Luciuis, Narcissa re-marr...
5.2K 96 25
Evelyn Ross? is an scientist and an astrophysicist, she helps her friend Erik Selvig study the Tesseract, will she continue to help or not and stay o...
409K 13.2K 118
Steve Rogers has been pining over you for a full year since you joined the Avengers initiative. You are close friends with Clint, Nat, and Bruce. He...