Tightrope | All Of Us Are Dead

By PersephoneNyx28

Started: 24.02.2022 Ended: 10.04.2022 NOT EDITED!! WRITTEN BEFORE MY WRITING GOT BETTER! Choi Mi-Ra, the gir... More

𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟
ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
Chapter 1: No Comment
Chapter 2: Hyosan Is Ground Zero
Chapter 3: Let The Chaos Begin
Chapter 4: Let's Stay Alive And Meet Again
Chapter 5: The Palm Of A Tiny Hand
Chapter 6: Existence
Chapter 7: Two Ghosts
Chapter 8: I Wish I Hadn't Known
Chapter 9: Roaring Tides II
Chapter 10: The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue
Chapter 11: A Heart That Dissappeared
Chapter 12: As The World Caves In
Chapter 13: Don't Let Go.
Chapter 15: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Chapter 16: Begin Again
Chapter 17: Blind
Chapter 18: It's Nice To Have A Friend
Chapter 19: Tell Me A Lie.
Chapter 20: Hope For The Underrated Youth.
Chapter 21: Run Rabbit, Run, Run, Run.
Chapter 22: Op. 71a, Waltz Of The Flowers.
Chapter 24: I Think I've Seen This Film Before, And I Didn't Like The Ending.
Chapter 25: Life Hates Us Now.
Chapter 26: I've Dug Two Graves For Us, My Dear.
Chapter 23: Let's Go Home.
Chapter 27: City Of The Dead.
Chapter 28: Two Birds On A Wire.
Chapter 29: Town, Flow Of Time, People.
Chapter 30: Runaway.
y'all I have a question
Chapter 31: Evermore.
𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
AUTHOR'S NOTE: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH (plz read)
I'm SORRY BUT PLEASE READ PLEASE PLEASEEEEE

Chapter 14: A Song Written Easily

1.3K 54 19
By PersephoneNyx28

♤ "𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝,
𝐒𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝,"

"𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲
𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲,"

- 𝐋𝐏, 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫. ♤

16:20pm
May 17th
Hyosan high-school,
Music room, third floor

It's been ten or so minutes and the silence was thick around the room. Suhyeok had walked towards the further side of the room and took three seats, offering two to Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra and taking one for himself. He sat opposite of the two sisters, his back towards the windows while Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra sat facing the windows, their backs to the rest of the group as they moved to sit near the first door, in front of the storage room. Wu-Jin was leaning on a drawer at the wall, Cheong-San sat with his back to the windows, Gyeong-Su sat next to him, On-Jo's back was facing Mi-Ra, Nam-Ra and Suhyeok, Dae-Su was sitting near Wu-Jin with his head on top of Joon-Yeong's knee, Ji-Min next to him and Hyo-Ryung next to Ji-Min, taking glances back at the three on the far end.

"It's gonna be okay." Mi-Ra heard On-Jo say.

Her highened hearing allowed her to listen to the conversation the group was having and since Mi-Ra didn't know how they were feeling about the whole situation for Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra to stay, Mi-Ra was eager to over hear them.

"Ya, if the two are immune, does that mean they are okay even if they get bitten?" Asked Dae-Su.

"Probably." Said Joon-Yeong.

"Oh, shit. That's not fair." Complained Dae-Su but Mi-Ra heard no hatred in his voice.

"They still have zombie blood in their veins." Ji-Min said.

"They aren't completely zombies." Dae-Su said. "Half-bies?" Asked the boy confusedly.

Mi-Ra laughed, shaking her head. She looked down at her hands as Suhyeok and Nam-Ra sent her confused glances. Mi-Ra only told Nam-Ra to wait longer to understand while Suhyeok's look of confusion only increased at Mi-Ra's strange statement.

"What's a half-bie?" Asked Hyo-Ryung.

"Short for half zombie?" Asked Dae-Su as if he, himself didn't know the answer even though he was the one coming up with it.

"Really?!" Snickered Hyo-Ryung.

"It's like half and half." Said Dae-Su. "Like half spicy, half fried... oh!" He stopped suddenly. "I want chicken." He grumbled.

"That's enough, Dae-Su." Said Hyo-Ryung.

Mi-Ra rolled her eyes and glanced up at the sky above Suhyeok's head. Food, Mi-Ra came to realise, they had none. The snacks Mi-Ra had in her bag were long eaten and the water was gone too but Mi-Ra didn't crave any human food even though she was sure she could still eat it.

"How can you think about food with zombies here?" Asked Ji-Min.

"Stop it. They aren't zombies." On-Jo said.

"Half-bies." Mumbled Dae-Su.

"Close enough." Ji-Min argued back.

"Let's not do this to ourselves. We're all we've got now." On-Jo said.

"She's right." Hyo-Ryung said. "The two are better than Na-Yeon."

At the mention of her name, Mi-Ra gripped the edges of her shirt tigher. Despite how much Mi-Ra hated Na-Yeon, she wondered if the girl was alive. Mi-Ra wasn't that much of a bad person and she did feel tiny bit guilty that Na-Yeon walked away but she couldn't bring herself to defend the girl. She would never defend Na-Yeon, she would not turn towards her friends and say that maybe they should forgive Na-Yeon and she would not think of Na-Yeon as a friend. Na-Yeon made her own decisions, leading her to where she got.

"Don't even say her name. She's subhuman." Ji-Min groaned. "Gyeong-Su almost died because of her and miss Park..."

"Honestly speaking," Gyeong-Su piped in. "If I see her now, I think I might let it slide."

Mi-Ra's eyes widened and she turned to look at the group, making Suhyeok and Nam-Ra even more confused.

"What?" Asked Mi-Ra.

The group turned to face her.

"What?" Repeated Joon-Yeong.

"You would forgive Na-Yeon?" Asked Mi-Ra, looking at Gyeong-Su.

"How- how did you hear that?" Gyeong-Su asked. "And I didn't say I'll forgive her, I just said I might let it slide. If she's human, then I guess it would be murder if I let her die?" He slowly said, uncertainly looking around the group.

Tap, tap.

Mi-Ra narrowed her eyes. Was that steps she heard? Mi-Ra wondered, looking behind Wu-Jin and then back at Gyeong-Su, shrugging it off as over highened hearing that she might be wrong.

"Well, I guess you are a better person than me." Mi-Ra said.

"Why?" Asked Suhyeok, joining in the conversation.

"I was thinking of her and thought that I wouldn't forgive her but Gyeong-Su, the one that was actually the victim, said he might let it slide." Explained Mi-Ra and then smiled at Gyeong-Su. "I don't want her dead, or as a zombie but if we stumble upon her, I hope you actually let it slide because I won't."

Gyeong-Su sent her a smile back and nodded. "I can't say that I don't hate her." He began. "I despise her so much, I hate her from the bottom of my heart but I don't think I can cause someone to die on purpose."

"Once again, you are better than me and Na-Yeon." Mi-Ra laughed and turned to face the windows once again.

Mi-Ra tuned out the conversation the group had and focused her attention on the white clouds lingering behind Suhyeok. She kept hearing breathing and walking inside the storage room so she assumed there must be a zombie stuck there even though it was suspicious, she could care less. Mi-Ra had been wondering for the past minutes how to tell Nam-Ra about their parents. She couldn't just hide it even though it was obvious they didn't survive even before Mi-Ra saw the texts and it wouldn't be fair for Nam-Ra to not know.

"Mom and dad texted me." Mi-Ra said.

"What?" Asked Nam-Ra, turning to look at her. "How do you know?"

"After I was bitten, I walked around the first floor and went inside the Teacher's office." Mi-Ra began, her eyes avoiding Nam-Ra as she was pretty sure Suhyeok was listening as well. "I found my phone and since it was on 20%, I went to the newest messages and saw few texts from them."

"What- what did they say?" Asked Nam-Ra slowly, as if already sensing the outcome of the conversation.

"Dad said that something was happening to the town and mom's first message was that she couldn't get you on text or a call." Mi-Ra explained. "Then mom's messages seemed panicked and she said that she was getting rescued but... but then dad texted me saying how he saw mom get bitten."

"Oh..."

Mi-Ra turned to look at Nam-Ra. She was looking down at her lap, her hands playing with the hem of the skirt. Despite how badly their parents treated them, the two still remembered the good moments, the short seconds of warmth and coziness. Mi-Ra had cried when she read the messages but she was glad that Nam-Ra was better at taking the news.

"And... dad got bitten before he could get rescued." Mi-Ra added and Nam-Ra nodded slowly. Mi-Ra sighed and took a hold of Nam-Ra's hand, rubbing comforting circles on the back of her hand. "Mom said we should keep safe, the two of us and dad said he loves us."

Nam-Ra nodded again but didn't say anything so the conversation closed again. Mi-Ra didn't know what else to say and she knew Nam-Ra needed space so she kept quiet, looking back at the window only to lock eyes with Suhyeok who seemed to be sending comfort with them. He listened to the whole conversation, that was sure, but Mi-Ra didn't need the comfort. She never felt like she had parents and at least she got closure from the texts so she just sent him a smile and looked back up at the sky.

Behind them, the group was trying to open the storage room since Cheong-San mentioned that parents were supposed to send food and stuff before the competition. Mi-Ra heard someone lock the door from the inside and that's when she was sure it wasn't a zombie there but didn't stop the others as they began to bang on the door, trying to violently open it with no success.

Who's in there? Mi-Ra wondered, glancing at the group. She could hear breathing and whimpering from fear but she wasn't sure who it was. It sounded familiar though, like she knew the person inside.

Mi-Ra heard the zombies outside crawl onto the doors and the windows, sneering and growling from the noise the group was making. Joon-Yeong ran towards the window and checked outside, eyes full of panic as he whisper-shouting at the rest to take it easy. Ji-Min moved to the camera that was thrown near the zombie stuck under the piano and walked towards the group with the camera.

Another whimper from inside the storage room and Mi-Ra almost gasped.

Na-Yeon.

"Guys, stop it." Mi-Ra said, standing up. "You are making the zombies go wild outside, the door won't open so let it go."

Dae-Su, Wu-Jin and Gyeong-Su grumbled and groaned, moving away from the door with anger and exhaustion. All of them seemed very angry and hungry, not to mention that they all must be thirsty. Dae-Su slid down on the ground before Wu-Jin and Joon-Yeong took him up on his feet and placed him on his chair.

Ji-Min turned on the camera and the music from the school choir swam in their ears but Hyo-Ryung said no music so Ji-Min turned it off. Seconds later, Ji-Min began to film herself.

"My mom and dad..." Ji-Min began, watching herself on the small screen. Her classmates turned to look at her. "They came to the school to save me. The police... and firefighters never came. If anybody is watching this after, punish them." She demanded with tears. "All of them. They abandoned us. All of them. I'll make you pay." Mi-Ra looked down just as Ji-Min began to wipe her tears. "Hi, mom. Hi dad. I'll stay alive and get revenge. I'll kill all the zombies... and anyone else." Her hand fell, tears spilling down her eyes. While she spoke, her voice was breaking and quivering.

Mi-Ra sat back down just as Ji-Min let the camera on the table, her back still on her classmates. Hyo-Ryung picked the camera up, opening the screen again and pointing the camera on her face. She pressed the recording button and kept quiet for a second.

"Mom." She began. "And dad. Hello!" She waved her hand with a small smile. "I'm here with some of my classmates and they're really good to me. Ah, let me just show you." She turned her body and camera towards the group, and the rest waved and bowed in respect. Dae-Su stood up to do a full bow while Cheong-San showed up peace sign. Mi-Ra was surprised when Hyo-Ryung turned the camera towards Mi-Ra, Suhyeok and Nam-Ra as well. "This is them." Hyo-Ryung said, turning the camera back to only herself. "Uh... um... mom, dad..." she began, her voice breaking and stuttering as she seemed to be hiding back tears but it wasn't working. "I miss you. I miss you both." She chuckled with a sob. "And, Um... I'm so sorry." She lowered the camera, ending her message.

Wu-Jin reached towards the camera. "Um... give it to me." He said softly and Hyo-Ryung leaned forward, giving him the camera as the boy pointed it to his face. "Hey, mom. I want raise in allowance." He said and handed the camera to Dae-Su.

Few of them giggled at that.

Mi-Ra watched from afar as the scene unfolded. Nam-Ra wasn't looking but Mi-Ra was sure Suhyeok was. She couldn't really focus on the messages the group left because all she could hear was Na-Yeon walking around the storage room.

"Is it ready to go?" Asked Dae-Su as he positioned the camera to his face.

"Yes." Wu-Jin replied.

Dae-Su cleared his throat. "Music and lyrics by intergalactic superstar Yang Dae-Su." He announced at the camera. He cleared his throat. "Beat." He said and then Gyeong-Su and Joon-Yeong began to tap their foot on the ground. "Chicken tastes better fried in olive oil, pork tastes better than soy meat," the boy began to sing. Mi-Ra chuckled at the lyrics but there was no denying that Dae-Su was an amazing singer, his voice was melodic. "Strawberry cake tastes better than plain strawberries. What makes me laugh, laugh, laugh," sang the boy as he shook his head with closed eyes. "Is trans fat!" The voice finished. Few of the group clapped as the boy smiled. "Ah, I'm hungry." He complained.

"Ya, how can you sing at a time like this?" Wu-Jin asked. "Doesn't it feel like everyone should leave a final message?"

"Why is it final? Are we dying?" Asked Dae-Su.

Mi-Ra rolled her eyes.

What was Na-Yeon doing in the storage room anyway? Shouldn't she be with Ms. Park? But if the teacher wasn't with her, than it meant Ms. Park was dead. Why wasn't Na-Yeon coming out of the room? After all, she must know it was them and not some strangers or zombies.

Wu-Jin didn't say anything so Dae-Su handed the camera to Joon-Yeong. "Hello, I'm Oh Joon-Yeong, business major at Seoul University, class 23. I'll meet you soon, Upperclassmen. And if I get in, I definitely wanna find myself a girlfriend." Joon-Yeong smiled.

"Won't happen!" Teased Dae-Su, moving to be in the camera's view. Few laughed, Mi-Ra shook her head.

Idiots.

"What the hell?" Complained Joon-Yeong. "Cheong-San?" He asked, stretching his arm towards the boy.

Cheong-San nodded and took the camera in his hands, turning the screen to face him and checking if it was recording before speaking up. "Mom," he began. "It's me. Dad, you're okay too, right? I'm... I'm good." He tried to make a grimace. "Mom, Cheong-San Chicken still sounds stupid, by the way. If it were Cheong-San Auto, Cheong-San Group or Cheong-San Air, that will be different. That'll be okay." Cheong-San finished and gave the camera to Gyeong-Su.

Mi-Ra heard Na-Yeon walk towards the door and slid down, her back on the door. Mi-Ra could understand why she wasn't walking out, after all, the group in this room was the one that was angry at her, Gyeong-Su was here too, the one she tried to kill just to prove that she was right. Mi-Ra couldn't blame her for hiding but she also felt sort of bad for her. She wasn't going to forgive her, of course, but maybe if she were to come out, things could be different.

"Hi grandma, I know you probably are a zombie right now, but I miss you." Gyeong-Su softly said, his eyes swimming with tears. "When I get out of here, I'll eat chicken twice as much just for you! I know how much you love chicken just like me..." his voice went quieter. "I miss you, I miss you so much and I love you. I'm sorry if I did something wrong, I love you."

Mi-Ra gulped and closed her eyes. The messages everyone left were heartbreaking and sad. There was no way of knowing if any of them would survive, no way of knowing what would happen to them so the messages felt like they were a farewell.

Gyeong-Su handed the camera to On-Jo just as Mi-Ra opened her eyes.

"Hi, dad." On-Jo said, camera filming her face. "I miss you. You're not here, but I waited for you all night, and we're holding on together. You always say being health is better than getting good grades. You said you'd be the first to come if anything ever happened... and you're okay, right? You have to be okay, dad. You don't have to come save me, but... but still, I wish you'd come." On-Jo broke into tears, Mi-Ra looked down at her lap. "I really thought you would be here by now. But I'm okay. Usually, I save this for my allowance. But I'll say it for free here." She added. "Dad, I... I love you. I love you. I really love you."

Mi-Ra looked up in time to see On-Jo show the camera a heart with her fingers and there were tears down the girl's eyes as she was trying hard to keep the smile on her face. Then On-Jo stood up and walked towards where the three sat.

"You guys can leave a message as well if you want to." On-Jo said, standing in front of the three.

Suhyeok took the camera and observed it. "I don't really have anything to say." He said and then turned to face Mi-Ra. "You?"

Mi-Ra looked at the camera. Who was she going to leave a message to? Their parents were dead, there was no one to leave a message for but she nodded anyway and took the camera from Suhyeok's hands. She glanced at Nam-Ra but Nam-Ra shook her head as if sensing that Mi-Ra was about to ask if she wanted to leave a message as well.

"We trust you." On-Jo said. "You can sit with us."

The three kept quiet so On-Jo walked way, sitting back with the group. Mi-Ra looked down at the camera before opening the screen and looked at herself. She had some scratches on her cheek that she didn't even know were there since she was more focused on the bite on her leg. Her lips were dry and chipped since she hasn't drank water in almost two days. Her hair was a mess, wrinked and not brushed in days, blood and dust covered bits of her neck and face and her eyes, god, her eyes were really empty.

"Well, there's nothing much to say," began Mi-Ra. "Adults messed up some shit and now the whole town is suffering from it. Especially children since we haven't been saved and no chopper stopped at the school. But it's fine, I'm not disappointed, I already expected this since I never trusted adults to begin with." She looked towards the sky and back at the camera. "I'm stuck with my new friends here in the music room, me and my sister got bitten but we seem fine for now." She turned the camera towards her sister and Nam-Ra only did a half smile before looking away. "And anyway, at least I'm not stuck with my own class... and well... our parents died but even if they were assholes, I won't lie and say I wished them to die. I forgive you, mom and dad. For everything."

She turned off the camera and placed it behind her on the table where hers and Nam-Ra's chairs were leaning on.

16:45pm
May 17th
Hyosan high-school,
Music room, third floor

The tension in the classroom went higher as time went by, no one spoke, no one tried to make a conversation and no one seemed in the mood to joke. Gyeong-Su had came to stand next to Suhyeok, leaning back on the window and tried to make a conversation but none of the three seemed to want to talk. Mi-Ra noticed the way Suhyeok sent him a look though. It wasn't really understandable what the look meant, but it seemed something like a threat because Gyeong-Su awkwardly looked away.

"Hey prez," Gyeong-Su said after keeping quiet for few minutes. Nam-Ra looked up at him with a question. "I need to talk to you privately."

Mi-Ra narrowed her eyes, sending the boy a 'what' look but he only smirked as if he was plotting someting and not only that, but Nam-Ra seemed to catch up on what Gyeong-Su meant because the boy shook his head towards Mi-Ra and Suhyeok and Nam-Ra nodded and accepted Gyeong-Su's offer to talk.

"What are you two planning?" Asked Mi-Ra.

"Oh no worries!" Gyeong-Su said, sending her a wink. "I think you and Suhyeok have some unresolved topics to talk about."

"What?" Suhyeok asked, finally catching up with the situation. "All of a sudden?"

"If not now, when?" Asked Nam-Ra, standing up.

"You shouldn't get too far away from me, Nam-Ra." Mi-Ra panicky said.

To be honest, she was worried of being left alone with Suhyeok. What exactly were they supposed to talk about? Mi-Ra was rude to him even after Suhyeok hugged her and made her accept his help. What on earth did they need to talk about and how come Nam-Ra was agreeing with Gyeong-Su all of a sudden when the two probably didn't even discuss this.

"I won't be far away," Nam-ra said and pointed to the other side of the room where the front door was. "We will be there."

"But you two don't even have anything to talk about!" Complained Mi-Ra, sending daggers at Nam-Ra with her eyes.

"We will find some topic to talk about." Nam-ra replied with a smile.

"We might just gossip about you two." Added Gyeong-Su. Mi-Ra kicked his leg. "Ow!"

"Seriously though, why all of a sudden?" Asked Mi-Ra.

"Well, I thought if you two aren't gonna talk right now, you probably never will." Gyeong-Su shrugged. "Either way, I work on impulsive thoughts and actions so go on, resolve whatever shit you two have going on."

"It's your chance." Nam-ra said to Suhyeok.

Suhyeok kept quiet.

Mi-Ra rolled her eyes. "Honestly fuck you two."

Gyeong-Su laughed and Nam-Ra sent her a smile as the two walked away. Since when are they close friends? It felt like they are best friends trying to set up their other friends on a blind date- and oh shit, Mi-Ra was left alone with Suhyeok right now.

Mi-Ra looked down at her hands, playing with the skin at her nails as she heard Suhyeok stand up and sit next to her, taking Nam-Ra's place. This is awkward, Mi-Ra thought. The two haven't really spoken in private after the hug and as much as Mi-Ra tried to avoid having to speak to him, her sister and Gyeong-Su seemed to be thinking otherwise.

"After all, I did end up watching you stab Gwi-Nam." Suhyeok began, breaking the silence.

"What?" Mi-Ra asked, raising her head to look at him. "Oh... yeah, you did." She added upon remembering.

Silence fell again and Mi-Ra looked away. Suhyeok's eyes were always intense, always with so many emotions that it could get overwhelming looking at him for too long. Not to mention that he still had blood on his face that was probably from the fight with Gwi-Nam or even before it but of course, that didn't make him any less attractive than he already was. Mi-Ra didn't have time to wonder why was Suhyeok so desperate to make her stay back at the stairs, she was trying to save Nam-Ra and herself despite knowing zombies can't bite her.

Then in the classroom she was too busy trying to save Nam-Ra to not get attacked by the rest. She never got the time to actually observe the situation that happened, the hug, the desperate begging and the stubbornness Suhyeok delivered.

Suhyeok shifted in his seat and somewhat came closer to Mi-Ra. The silence was suffocating, she knew both wanted to talk but neither bothered to start. She didn't know what Suhyeok wanted to talk about or what Nam-Ra meant by this being his chance but Mi-Ra knew what she wanted to talk about.

"Back when Gwi-Nam bit me, I could feel myself dying." Mi-Ra began, needing to start a pointless conversation just so the silence couldn't swallow them up. "My mind was racing, my heart was slowing down and all I could smell was blood. I felt like a monster, an animal."

Suhyeok turned to face her, Mi-Ra couldn't see him well since she was still looking at the window in order to avoid looking at him but she did notice that his brows were knitted in worry.

"What happened after that?" Suhyeok asked slowly.

"I ran as further away from the broadcasting room as possible." Mi-Ra shrugged. "I went in the kitchen and hid under a counter but that didn't help. I could hear that redish voice in my head, begging me to eat, saying nasty things and wanting to anger me. It wanted to be fed, wanted to eat human flesh."

Suhyeok gulped and he slowly reached to take Mi-Ra's hand, making the girl look back at him out of surprise. Suhyeok's hand was warm and rough. He held her hand tightly, looking down at their interlocked hands with softness and regret in his eyes.

"Were you scared?" He asked softly, still looking down.

"Terrified." Replied Mi-Ra.

Suhyeok looked up. "I'm sorry." He apologised, voice below a whisper.

"Why are you sorry?" Asked Mi-Ra, tilting her head to the side with confusion.

"For everything." Admited Suhyeok, tightening his hold on Mi-Ra's hand. He gulped slowly, his eyes glued to Mi-Ra's eyes and god, they were so brown that Mi-Ra could easily admit they were one of the prettiest eyes she ever had to look at. Mi-Ra kept quiet, patiently waiting for Suhyeok to continue, wanting to hear him out. "For rejecting you, for making you go through the trouble of needing to pretend you liked someone else when that someone was extremely rude towards you."

"Was I that obvious that I didn't actually like that asshole?" Mi-Ra chuckled softly.

Suhyeok smiled and nodded. "Yeah, your eyes were still looking for me every time I was in the same room."

Mi-Ra almost died right then and there. Was she that obvious? Had Suhyeok known how much she still loved him even after she did all the stunts and pretended to like someone else? She admits it, she was never good at hiding her crushes but she didn't know Suhyeok was that observant to realise it. Mi-Ra had always thought that the boy barely ever looked at her, not to mention even talk to her. He avoided her for months after the confesson and was a total asshole towards her so of course it was surprising to hear that he paid attention to her.

"I was never good at hiding my crush on someone." Admited Mi-Ra, not knowing what to reply.

Suhyeok's hand was still holding Mi-Ra's hand and his thumb was forming lines on the back of her hand while he squeezed tigher as if afraid Mi-Ra would let go. Not like she didn't think of it, okay? But it was strange, Suhyeok was suddenly nicer than he had been, he was suddenly desperate to make Mi-Ra stay. He even promised her that he was with her, that she wasn't alone. None of what happened seemed real.

"I'm sorry." Suhyeok said again.

"You already apologised." Mi-Ra replied confusedly.

Suhyeok shook his head. "I still have a lot to apologise for." He admitted, his eyes swimming with blues and grays. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I know I was a dick for months. I avoided you, I was rude towards you and made your life worse. I never knew how much it would hurt for your crush to be rude towards you, so I kept doing it. I don't have good grades and I used to hang out with bullies and even though that doesn't justice my actions..." He sighed. He seemed to want to look away but forced himself to keep looking at her. "I was an asshole and I'm really sorry."

Suhyeok finally looked away, his guilt and regret seemingly winning over his stubbornness.

Mi-Ra sat there frozen. She never expected an apology from Suhyeok, never even expected they'd be this close but it seemed like Suhyeok was playing the all or nothing card as well. Since no one knew if they were going to survive, Suhyeok seemed to want to do everything so he doesn't regret anything if something happens.

"Yeah, you were a total asshole." Mi-Ra admitted. Suhyeok's head snapped towards her. "But I have long ago forgiven you, Suhyeok." She smiled.

Suhyeok's eyes widened and the shock was pretty obvious on his face. "W-what?" He stuttered.

This time, it was Mi-Ra that squeezed Suhyeok's hand, wrapping her other palm around their interlocked hands and widening her smile.

"There's no possible way I can hate you." She stated. "I was expecting the rejection but I wasn't expecting the rudeness and avoiding that followed so it took me by surprise and it did hurt, that I won't lie about." She began. "But no matter how much I tried hating you, I never succeeded. I don't think I can ever hate you."

"I don't deserve your forgiveness or kindess." Suhyeok replied, voice small.

"You do though," Mi-Ra remarked. "It wasn't like you killed my sister or you bullied me. You just avoided me and you were rude but that was all. There's second chances for everyone."

When she said that, she thought of Na-Yeon for a second.

Suhyeok nodded and looked away again, whispering a small 'thank you' and avoiding her eyes. Mi-Ra nodded and looked out of the window, none of them letting go of each other's hands. Mi-Ra felt better, now that she knew Suhyeok felt guilty and didn't mean for any of what happened to happen, Mi-Ra could relax and not feel burdened or like she had to be rude towards him.

At least now the two were on good terms and no longer confusing each other.

Tap, tap, tap.

Mi-Ra tilted her head towards the storage room. What was Na-Yeon doing right now? Mi-Ra could hear her walk around the room but not only that, she also heard steps few floors down. She couldn't recognise them or to who they belonged but whoever it was seemed to be walking inside a room.

Mi-Ra snapped her head towards the zombie trapped under the piano, her growling way too annoying for Mi-Ra's ears.

"What is it?" Suhyeok asked, turning to look at her.

"I think I have an idea." Said Mi-Ra, flashing him a smirk. Suhyeok's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Mi-Ra turned to look at Gyeong-Su and Nam-Ra. The boy was talking about some goddamn movie as Nam-Ra only listened to him. "Ya! Gyeong-Su!"

Gyeong-Su, Nam-Ra and the group sitting at the storage room turned to look at her.

"What?"

"Did you bring the sharp objects we made?" Mi-Ra asked.

"Yeah, they are in the bag." Replied Gyeong-Su.

Mi-Ra's smirk increased.

"Remember how you said you wanted to stab a zombie?" Asked Mi-Ra.

Gyeong-Su's eyes lit up and he nodded. "Yes, why?"

"Well, seems like today is your lucky day!" Mi-Ra laughed.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Author's note:

I honestly dunno how the story is going but I hope u all like it!

I was wondering if I should write the messages all of them said but I decided on writing them because that scene is a special scene for the series and holds deep meaning so I couldn't just fast forward it.

Have a nice day/night! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1.2K 39
And the phrase; "She is our everything" slowly changed to "She was our everything-" ☆. ☆. ☆. K...
119K 5.6K 13
"You're alive!." "No shit Sherlock, of course, I'm alive. Why the fuck would l be standing in front of you dipshits instead of being dead- also, abo...
41.1K 1K 52
❝You can't fall in love with me, Jungkook. It will never work.❞ ❝We can try Y/N. I mean, I don't mind dating another man.❞ Despite having a shy and i...
105K 3.1K 32
: ̗̀➛ - y/n is a student at Hyosan High School. You keep to yourself and rarely speak. You only trust yourself but what happens when you have to trus...