HER SCENT - AMBW (Currently B...

By WinterRoseAnna

Her Scent . noun 1. a distinctive smell, especially one that is pleasant. "the scent of freshly cut hay" syn... More

Chapter One - There She Was
Chapter Two - The Run In
Chapter Three - The Night Air
Chapter Four - And There He Was
Chapter Five - Thoughts I Want To Hold
Chapter Six - Even Monkeys Fall From Trees
Chapter Seven - To The Beat Of My Samurai Drum
Chapter Eight - Just Like That
Chapter Nine - Wishful Thinking
Chapter Ten - The Man Called King
Chapter Eleven - Lift Off
Chapter Twelve - My Father's Shadow
Chapter Thirteen - All Grown Up
Chapter Fourteen - Knock Knock
Chapter Sixteen - Running From A Fox
Chapter Seventeen - Awake
Chapter Eighteen - The Queen Treatment
Chapter Nineteen - Dusk Till Dawn
Chapter Twenty - His Side
Chapter Twenty One - Stand Still
Chapter Twenty Two - Her Eyes
Chapter Twenty-Three - The Big N
Chapter Twenty-Four - Long Night
Chapter Twenty-Five - The Cuts Too Deep
Chapter Twenty-Six - Old Friend?
Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Silent Cries

Chapter Fifteen - On A Hunt For A Fox

1.4K 79 20
By WinterRoseAnna

Chapter Fifteen - On A Hunt For A Fox - Part One

My mind could only think about one person that would be by my door "Athena". Once I reached my front door my gut feeling was correct she was passed out laying by my house door. How could this have happened before I touched her I called 911 "Hello 911 NYPD emergency line , how can I help you today?" the lady said " I-I there is someone laying on my floor she isn't okay I don't know what to do...she- she" words stop making sense I couldn't get my thoughts together eventually my vision started to blur how pathetic could I be what kind of Man would tremble like this?

" Hello Sir , I am going to need you to calm down do not touch her I will send help using your cellphone gps." she said to me and hung up don't touch her? , but she needs me so much her eyes were so swollen I could barely reconcile her , her once pumped soft deep pink lips left with cuts and bust open , cuts crossed her brown skin along with black and blue bruises.

"What kind of animal could do this to her?" I said pasting back and forth with my hands on my head trying to understand what could she have possibly done to deserve this ; this is pure evil. I took a glance at her and I seen her fists holding on to what looks like a piece of paper for dear life. I walk closer and open her tight grip from her fading warmth hands and closed them back up , I open the crumpled paper it was a photo of us from the dragon festival she kept this photo all this time.

Even when I feel helpless she makes me smile I snapped out of my frozen state of mind of feeling sorry for myself and tried looking for her cellphone. I dial her number and I could hear her ringtone of Miyavi playing in the distance I followed the tone to the front of her condo door I was able to grab it without messed up the room for evidence. Odd she didn't have a password on her phone I scrolled threw her called log to see if I can contact a family member or friend , but all I seen was work , work , work , my number " Oh wait Hana?" like a flower I questioned I guess this person is important someway she has been calling and texting a lot with her I did not want to waste anymore time so I called Hana I hope this works.

"Hey baby girl , how could you be so cold and not call your best friend in so long?" she said in a way she reminded me a Jun-Jun saying such odd things "Athena?" she asked "Sorry my apologies I am Ren Hiroish her neighbor." I said "Why are you calling me from her phone?" her voice risen from a happy go lucky attitude did a 180 and changed she sounded upset. " I mean no harm , but I came back from my trip from Japan and I seen her laying passed out all bruised up by my door." each word that left my mouth cut me like a knife I didn't hear anything back from Hana did she hang up? "Hello Hana are you still there?" I asked " Is she okay? do you know who did this?... forget that I will be right over!" she said I could hear the pain in her voice as well it matched mine. "Okay I have already called for help please hurry." I told her.

As I wait for the police , ambulance and Hana to come to my aid for help I walk back over to Athena I sat next to her I could see her shirt was ripped from the sides and middle it was barely covering her up. I pulled off paid blue and green button up I was wearing right of my back and gently put it over her. I am so temped to hold her ,but I know right now it is for the best that I don't. I simply tuck her curls that were covering her face , and put them behind her ears I moved in closer " I will make everything better." I whispered into her ears she still warm a little bit my lips start to quiver I winder want her lips taste like.

The elevator doors opened it was the doorman and paramedics he was showing them the way I jerked backed and yelled towards them "Over here please hurry she is getting cold." I said while I got up from the ground shortly after police officers and another female came up I am guessing it must be Hana it is hard to tell since we never met before.

Things are happening to fast the unknown female walked up towards me and stretched out her hand "Hi Ren , I am Hana Williams Athena's best friend." she said "Hello nice to meet you. I am sorry we had to meet like this." I said and she knotted her head in agreement. The paramedics got on her on stretcher and where heading to the elevator " Hana you go with them I will talk to the police and meet you at the hospital." I said " Good idea see you later." she waved towards me and left.

Cops were scatted everywhere in the hallways and her condo I took another look in it was in shambles everything was flipped upside down , glass was broken everywhere , looks like her books were set on fire. An officer walked up to me " Hello , my name is officer Davidson could I get your name , your relationship to the victim along side what you seen here tonight?" He said " My name is Ren Hiroish I am Athena Bryan's..." I stop what am I too her friend , acquaintance or "Sir?".

"Yes sorry I am her neighbor I just came back from my trip I was in Japan for about five days." I said his eye were glued to his notepad jotting down my every word that left my lips "Hmm I see , Mr.Hiroish did you see anyone from the norm today within the building?" He said my mind went back to the eye to eye stare down I had with that mystery man dressed in all black anger took over I clenched my fits I cold feel myself putting pressure on my jaws bitting down trying to hold back from snapping.

"Well have you?" the officer asks me again which stopped me from ponding more into my unpure thoughts I shock my head and spoke " Now that you mentioned it I seen two men one dressed in all black with sliver like fox hair I don't remember much from the other , but I am sure I have never seen them before maybe the cameras caught them? " I answered him the officer calls over someone from the tech department "Hey Luke could you talk to one of the security guys from downstairs to give us a copy of this weeks footage." Officer Davidson spoke with such authority within his voice the man he called over nodded his head in agreement and left.

"Thank you for your help officer." I said i shock his hand " Don't worry Ren we will find who did this to your girlfriend." he smiled , folded his notepad and walked "girlfriend?" , but she isn't yet I didn't correct him when he said it.

I let the police continue to do their work and I went back home to unpack somethings.

Its been three days since I see Athena or even heard anything about how she is doing. I can't sleep as much or get work done my mind keeps running back to her. Just as I got within two feet of my front door my cellphone rings. "Hello Ren Hiroish , speaking." I tried to not let my emotions sweep threw my voice. "Hi Ren it is Hana she woke up and asked for you by name I am guessing she wants to see you." she said her words put me at ease.

" I am glad she is safe and awake I left a police report i will right over." I said excitement started to fill my body she asked for me by name just those words kept playing back over and over again in my head. "Can you bring pjs for her she doesn't have anything but the clothing she was wearing and I am sure the officers will need it soon for ... you know." she couldn't even build up the nerve to say the words. "Yes of course I have extra at my house. I will see you guys soon." with that I hung up.

I dumped out the things in my carry-on bag and packed three days worth of clothes , my macbook and things to freshen up with. I don't plan on leaving her side I will protect her if it the last thing I do. I grabbed my bag "Oh shoot I don't have my new work documents I will have to stop by my office later." I locked my doors and the once scattered hallway was quite as a mouse like nothing even happened. "Hum I guess they got the samples the needed." I hit the elevator button I seen Mrs.Anderson with a basket full of dirty laundry " Hi Ren dear another trip again?" she smiled what a sweet old lady I smiled at her while I pressed the button for the basement level.

" No Mrs.Anderson I am going to see Athena she isn't feeling well." I spoke words with such lies "Ah I see just like that young man the other day he came by to see her as well I hope she gets better. What a lovely girl and blessed to have such amazing friends." she said her eyes closed with a embedded smile "Friends?" could she be talking about the men I seen today.

" Was one of these friend tall with sliver hair?" I just needed to know " Oh why yes Ren you must know him as well King his name is such a sweet boy he helped me with my grocery bags after told him what floor she was on." The elevator door chimed open it was my floor. " Be safe Mrs.Anderson." were the only words I could think of she unknowingly helped Athena get hurt.

I gave my driver a call "Hello where are you?" I asked in a hurry inpatient tone I seen head lights flicker on and off " Ah there you are." I sped towards the all black audi , popped trunk to drop my bag and got in the car. "St. Johns Hospital please make it quick" I said patted on his shoulders Lost and ponding in my thoughts my mind was so clouded I just wanted to hear her voice that would put my soul at ease. "We are here Mr.Hiroish." he said while looking threw the rearview mirror. "Thank you , Please keep your phone near by I will need to make some other stops very soon." I said and shut the car door. Signs were posted everywhere I followed the line painted on the floor leading to emergency department leading right up to the help desk.

" Hello , I am looking for Athena Bryan's room I am Ren Hiroish." tapping my fingers again and again on the desk I guess my nerves are starting to build up again "ID Please." the women spoke with a deep raspy voice no manners although the word please left her mouth her body and face said other wise instead of telling her how awful her service is I let it be I had more important things to attend too.

"Here you go." I kindly handed her my ID and she passed it back towards me along side a visitor badge " Room 707 to the left follow the blue line." she spoke with her head still lowered I did as she said as I walked the hallways threw the hospital hallways I could hear the whispers and giggles of the female nurses " Oh my he is so handsome I wonder who he is here to see" they all huddle into circle "Room 707" I took a deep breath in and opened the door.

**AN**

Sorry for another cliff hanger guys ,but there is lot to cover so it will come in parts!

- So Hana and Ren meet for the first time exciting right!

- Oh Mrs.Anderson she spoke with King ...

- I wish Ren went in for it

Thoughts comments? Don't forget to vote and add your reading list!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Bracelet By Adrenaline

Historical Fiction

26.4K 1.2K 43
"Our heart is like a bracelet, it can be gifted or stolen, shown or hidden, scattered or together, kept or thrown away, preserved or destroyed..." he...
438K 21.8K 47
Time was standing annoyingly still and I think I may have forgotten how to properly breathe. "Panda you have to come sit down pacing is not going t...
242K 13.4K 76
COMPLETEDâś” "Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind. The kind that your tongue slowly massages as your ta...
347K 13K 38
What if I can't leave you alone?" He says invading my personal bubble again. "I can't just stay away from you Xan, I won't. If I can be as close to y...