Partners In Speed - ver. 1 (S...

By banqtan_lab

The new season has started for the street racers and it is nothing they knew before. The appearance of Park J... More

characters, trigger warnings, video teaser + notes!
1: Jungkook
2: Taehyung
3: Taehyung
4: Jungkook
5: Taehyung
6: Taehyung
7: Taehyung
8: Jungkook
9: Taehyung
10: Jungkook
11: Taehyung
12: Jungkook
13: Taehyung
14: Jungkook
15: Jungkook
15, part 2: Jungkook
16: Taehyung
17: Jungkook
18: Taehyung
19: Jungkook
20: Taehyung
21: Jungkook
22: Taehyung
23: Taehyung
24: Jungkook
25: Taehyung
26: Jungkook
27: Jungkook
28: Taehyung
29: Taehyung
31: Jungkook
32: Taehyung
33: Taehyung
7 bonus scenes! (~12k words)
version two coming soon!

30: Jungkook

404 20 11
By banqtan_lab

"What is this?" I ask, walking into Yeeun's kitchen, an envelope on the table.

"It has your name," she says, putting clean dishes away. "Open, I don't know what's inside."

The envelope has nothing but my name printed on is. I tear it open, but inside is just as skimpy. An address we know all too well, a 4 number code and a key card. "What the fuck?"

Yeeun leaves the cupboard open and walks over to me. We exchange confused glances. No one could possibly know about the address besides us.

"Should we go there?" she asks.

"It's sketchy. What if it's actually FBI and they want us to catch a criminal?"

Yeeun rolls her eyes. "It's not Fast & Furious and you are not Dom Toretto. Come on." She grabs the envelope, closes the cupboards and walks to the door.

"I could be!" I follow her. "If they gave me a role."

Yeeun drives this time. With a fifteen minutes drive that breaks at least six road rules, we park in front of an apartment complex. I still find it sketchy. Things like this don't just magically appear in your place, and we already were tangled in a criminal world once. One and a half month passed, and everything has been peaceful, but I can't help a little bit of paranoia hanging out with me.

Seeing my hesitation, Yeeun opens an extra glove box hidden in the actual glove box and takes her gun out of it. I follow it with wide eyes. "What? I keep it around in case," she says, and slips it behind the waist band of her jeans. "Let's go."

The code is for the main door. I type it in, 8302, and we walk in. The building is modern, high quality. The tiles on the floor and stairs black, walls in beige. A huge plant pot with a Ficus next to the elevator.

"Fifth floor, apartment 61," I say, following the instructions on the paper. We know the apartment 61 on the fifth floor.

Yeeun sighs and presses the elevator button. "Let's go, then."

"This better be something good," I say, as we go up.

"In the worst case scenario-"

I groan. "Don't say it."

"In the best case scenario, we will eat a good dinner tonight," she says.

"Okay, I like it. A good dinner."

Yeeun is already clutching the gun, as we walk through the hall. I do want something good to come out of it, but it seems too perfect.

I exhale and open the 61st door with the key card. The door unlocks with a soft beep. Yeeun pushes the handle down and slowly steps inside. I follow right behind her, scanning the place.

We close the door and pause. Silence. The place is fully furnished, with everything from a shoe shelf to a potted plant next to the door in a wide hall. A white sticky note on the full length mirror on the right. Yeeun peels it off and reads as I keep looking around.

She gasps slowly. "No fucking way."

"What? What is this?"

"Read it," she says, smiling as she passes me the note.

'Yes, I hacked your laptop to see what places you were looking at. Taehyung mentioned you wanted to move to your own place. This one was searched the most and the website was marked with a star so I thought you liked it. Well, I hope you do, 'cause it's yours now. Happy living together or whatever. See it as an apology for messing up, for making it all too difficult, and for not being able to pay you in real money, eventually.

You did a great job, now have something good from life. I'll see you around. We'll bring a housewarming gift or whatever people do.

Bo says he wants to have a drink with Jungkook.

I also saw something else you were looking for. I got it, too. It's in the kitchen.

This is a gift, by the way. Yoongi (and Yubin) and Bo.'

"Oh my God." I reread the note before looking at Yeeun. Everything in me trembles. "This is for real?"

"This is Yoongi's handwriting." She smiles. "And where the fuck do you know a Bo from?"

"From jail." I scan the hall again, heartbeat faster. "So... this... is our apartment?"

Her eyes widen, like she's just realizing it. "This is our apartment."

"It is." My smile widens.

With a moment for exchanging looks to let it settle, we run inside. It's even better than on pictures. It's everything we've wanted, everything we have imagined and talked about late at night. We run around like overly excited dogs, and the place is filled with gasps and oh my Gods, until we meet in the living room.

Yeeun wraps her arms and legs around me, laughing. "It's ours. Ours together."

Our home. I feel like I've waited a lifetime for it. To be able to say 'we are going home' instead of always stating whether we are at Yeeun's or mine.

She leans back for a moment, before holding my cheeks and crashing her lips on mine. We stumble around, the kiss messy, laughing into it. Surprises don't have to be disappointing at all.

Somehow I find a couch and manage to sit down. This is, hands down, the best couch in the world.

The kisses grow more and more heated. A make-out session that leaves us disheveled and half naked is quite what we needed to welcome this place.

"What is that thing in the kitchen Yoongi got?" Yeeun asks.

"I don't know? I didn't see it."

We put on our clothes back on the way out. It takes a moment of searching, because the package Yoongi left for us is hidden in a shelf under the sink. The box is taped, and I have to use my credit card to open it.

I close it just as fast, laughing. "This motherfucker."

Yeeun leans against the island on the other side, waving at me to give her the box. "What is it?"

"Yoongi is a twelve year old boy trapped in a criminal's body," I say, sliding the package full of sex toys across the island.

Yeeun opens it and looks at me with her eyebrows raised. "He said on the note you were looking for it, too."

"I was looking at this one only," I admit, pointing to a choker she is holding. "The rest is Yoongi's idea."

Yeeun quirks an eyebrow. "Who said I'm gonna wear it?"

I clear my throat. "This is not for you."

"Oh?" She grins. "Should we try it out in our new bedroom?"

"Did he put some handcuffs in there?" I ask.

She shuffles through the toys. "Pink and fluffy even."

"Then we are trying them in our new bedroom."

Our new bedroom is huge. Someone could easily dance a pretty hardcore choreography in here, with a three people audience, and there would be space left. The bed is on the far right from the door, but the best thing are the blue neon lights and a complete blackout blind over the floor-to-ceiling window.

Yeeun sets up the light, laughing when I empty the box of toys onto the floor and it turns out to be more and crazier than we've ever tried before.

Once again today, she pulls her shirt off and wraps her arms around my neck. I hold her closer, but pause for a moment.

"Hm?" she asks, after I spend a longer moment just looking at her.

"Nothing. I'm just... really happy right now." I smile into a small, slow kiss. "I can't wait to move in for real. Like... first night in, first morning in, all that."

"I can't either," she says, caressing my cheeks with her thumbs in between sweet kisses.

They quickly turn deeper and faster. From her bare waist, I slip my hands lower. The clothes disappear slowly, one by one, and we wobble back to bed. I'm on top of her just for a moment of neck kisses, before she flips me over and pins my hands above my head.

Over time we've figured out this might be our favorite way.

The bed we saw on the website is different from the one we have here now. This one has a metal frame, and I wonder if someone exchanged it on purpose. I feel like Min Yoongi shouldn't know that much about my sexual preferences.

Before anything, Yeeun handcuffs me to the bed. Pink fur around the metal tickles my skin. "This is the best bed frame in the world," she says, chuckling. "Don't wiggle too much or you'll break our new bed."

"Don't torture me too much and I won't wiggle."

"We'll see about it." Swinging her leg, she's on top of me again, and my toes curl on their own.

--

"I can't believe he got you a whole ass apartment," Taehyung says, comfortable on my now favorite couch. I could sit on it forever. "When are you moving your things here?"

"Tomorrow," I say, giving him a can of beer and keeping one for myself. "Hoseok dropped off some essentials. I'm fucked out today."

He laughs and takes a sip. "I guess."

Yeeun is in the shower. After welcoming the apartment for two hours, we took an hour long nap, called Taehyung to celebrate and ordered food for three. He arrived before the food, which I honestly expected.

"So? Update me on your boyfriend now," I say, playing around with the TV. I haven't gotten a chance yet.

Taehyung kicks my shin. "I don't have one. But I can update you on a guy I am technically dating."

"That's literally your boyfriend."

"No, I've known him for two weeks and we went out every day. That's not my boyfriend."

Resting my ankle over my knee, I go through TV settings. That's such an adult thing to do. "Then a technical question. Do you want him to be?" I ask.

Taehyung takes the slowest sip in the world. "I don't wanna admit it too fast." He chuckles. "But I like him. Like... a lot. I've been thinking about it before I met him, you know? Like... what kinda guy I'd want to be with."

"And he's perfect, isn't he?"

As I mute the TV, the humming of the shower is the loudest.

"Like... everything fits. I feel comfortable with him." Taehyung smiles peacefully. "And I think he would be someone to like me just as much. Like... I'm not gonna be the only one putting the effort in."

"Yeah, no one crashes a Bugatti Chiron for nobody." Quite an impressive way of courting your crush. I don't think Taehyung even comprehends how interested this guy is. "When are we going to meet him?"

"Soon, damn. Relax a bit, would you?" Taehyung says, shoving my leg with his foot, and slides lower on the couch. It's like a universal law to melt into those seats.

"What? I'm just curious." And maybe a bit careful, after the mess with a certain Kim Minho.

Taehyung glances around, settles his eyes on the list of channels I turned on and chuckles. "We're having a beer in your new apartment, talking about a guy I'm technically dating, while your practically unofficially wife is having a shower."

"Practically unofficially wife."

"You know what I mean. Go back in time and tell your fifteen year old self it's gonna happen."

I can imagine it. I time-travel to the past and tell myself, "Hey, this guy you are fighting with everyday? Kim Taehyung? Yeah, he's gonna be your best friend in ten year." The fifteen year old me laughs. Maybe throws a punch.

"He'd kick me in the face," I say.

"Exactly." He raises the can, like for a cheer, and adds, "And it's all thanks to you."

"Me?"

"If you didn't push it after I crashed last year, we would still be fighting. Maybe even worse. It's all thanks to you." Pushing it since last year was one of my best decisions.

"And you," I say. "You didn't have to let me in at all. But you did. And here we are. Besties."

Taehyung snorts, dropping his head. "Never use this word ever again."

"Best buddies."

"No."

"Bros."

"Stop."

"Best bitches."

He huffs, shakes his head. "Definitely not."

"Right." I take a sip. "It's partners in speed. Period."

Taehyung groans, hand over his eyes. "Don't say 'period'."

"I fucking hate talking to you," I say, but laughing.

"Same here."

He smiles wider, and we do the handshake.

Taehyung points to the TV, crossing his legs on the couch, as comfortable as possible. "Now put on 'Jurassic Park' and let's celebrate."

"Celebrate what exactly?"

"Everything," he says. "How life turned out to be."

That's honestly a grand thing to celebrate. And I am more than grateful to be able to do it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 2.1K 41
So this story started at a parking lot of a building in the city of beauty Seoul, South Korea! Let's give a proper intro to our characters! Y/N is...
11.1K 460 50
"listen." he pulled his mask off and leaned into you. your eyes widened a little to see his face pulled tight, eyes angry. "listen, i know you liked...
1.9K 87 5
"Tae.. hyung.. I.. I don't like you that way" Jungkook didn't know how to react. He didn't know what to talk anymore. Taehyung didn't hope either. Em...
6K 382 65
Winning the Japan Race gives your name an extra sparkle, and Kim Taehyung knows it really well. Everyone wants to race him now, even if only to lose...