Harri Donavon (Damon Salvator...

By charlottereaddd

Hi, I'm Harri Donavon, Matt's sister and Vicki's twin. Well, not identical twin. I mean I was the youngest ou... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Eh

Chapter 1

32.1K 436 197
By charlottereaddd

"Come on Harri! I'll let you break." Jeremy shouted as I strolled through the open doors of the grill.

Can't a girl have some alone time?

Apparently not.

But, alas, I couldn't leave Jeremy by himself or he'll get me back in school.

Trust me, after the last time I found my locker painted pink with glitter and love heart stickers stuck to it, I've learned not to mess with Jeremy Gilbert.

"Ok, ok." I replied, making my way over to him and taking the pool cue from his hand.

In a matter of minutes, we were deeply engrossed in the game of pool that I didn't notice the original vampire waltz into the grill and make his way over to us.

"Hello little Gilbert." Kol smirked as he stood at the end of the pool table.

Jeremy ignored him as he took his shot, sinking three balls.

"And hello Harri," Kol continued, seeing he wasn't going to get a reply from Jeremy "May I say how ravishing you look today."

"You may, but I won't hear it." I smile in return.

Kol and I have a weird relationship. We flirt, but nothing more. It's banter if anything.

I mean, I was scared to death of him and his family but I can't show it otherwise I'll be an easy target for their mind games.

"Extra feisty today," Kol had a cheeky glint in his eye "I like it."

"I think you're wanted." I nodded my head to the direction of the bar where his brother Klaus sat.

His brother bore an impatient face as he held up a glass of alcohol.

"It seems I have to leave." Kol pouted.

I copied him, "Such a shame."

"I'll be seeing you soon Harri." He winked before turning and making his way to the bar.

Sometimes I just wanted to slap that irritatingly handsome British face.

"Why do you even talk to him? He's the enemy in everyone's eyes." Jeremy spoke up when we were alone again.

"He's a psycho in everyone's eyes Jer, I'm just trying to not get on his bad side." I glanced over to the bar to see both Klaus and Kol now staring over in my direction.

"I'm trying to not get on the bad side of all the originals. I don't want to end up dead." I informed him, finally taking my turn when he didn't sink any balls.

"The only original you don't get on with is Rebekah which is weird because I'm sure you'd get along like a house on fire." Jeremy said, taking a sip of his drink as I bent over to take my shot.

"Yea, I guess that's why we won't work out..." I muttered, taking my shot and grinning as I managed to get three balls into the holes.

"You're getting better." Jeremy commented and I bowed to him.

"Thank you, kind sir."

"No problem, m'lady." Jeremy replied in a terrible British accent. We both laughed and eventually finished the game when Jeremy stopped blowing the balls around on the table.

We spent another hour or so in the grill until Matt came to work and I had to make a quick escape.

It was always so irritating when I was at the grill with friends and my brother was working. He would always spy on me and tell me what to do.

Making sure I wasn't drinking or talking to boys or dancing on the table, all those kinds of things.

So, I memorised his work schedule and now know when he works and when his breaks are.

As soon as I saw that it was 7, I bid a quick farewell to Jeremy as his sister Elena showed up with her friends and made a dash for the grill door.

Just as I went to pull the door open, someone coincidentally pushed it and I was forced backwards from how hard it hit into me.

Cringing, I awaited the impact of the floor and the flood of embarrassment to come but when it didn't happen, I opened my eyes to find a pair of piercing blue ones staring back at me.

Damon Salvatore.

I needed to catch my breath.

"Donavon. What a surprise its you I end up catching." He spoke with the little smirk in the corner of his mouth.

When I fully registered what was going on, I then realised that Damon has caught me from falling by slipping his hand around my waist.

Tearing my eyes away from his, I stood up properly and his arm dropped.

"Uh, thanks I guess." I say in a quiet voice, looking down to my feet as I go to leave for the second time tonight.

God damn it Harri! Why do you have to be such an idiot!

I couldn't even look him in the eye. Jesus I suck with boys.

I swear I'm going to be a lesbian one of these days if it doesn't work out with the male population

It's weird though, I can have this flirty thing with Kol going on but as soon as it's a guy who I might have the slightest attraction too I become a complete mess and end up just running away.

I see I'm a complete contrast from my Mom and sister.

Both were extremely outgoing people and there was me, any interaction with the opposite sex and I'm a dribbling mess.

Unless I was drunk. Then that's a completely different story.

Shaking my head, I continued my journey home.

Since I didn't have a car to drive and Matt needed the truck, I had to walk home which wasn't that far but I was kind of tired from today.

School was considerably boring as I attempted to stay awake in each class which I amazingly managed to do.

Just thinking about school made me groan at all the homework I had to do when I got in.

"Harri!"

I spun round to see Stefan running after me. I grinned and opened my arms for him to hug me.

Stefan and I have this whole best friend thing going on. People always say it's like we're in a relationship but everyone knows he only has eyes for Elena.

"Hey Stef." I greeted as he hugged me tightly.

"What are you doing walking around so late?" He asks as I continue to walk in the direction of my house.

"I'm just going home." I reply when an idea sparks in my mind. I'm pretty sure Stefan sussed out my idea as he raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Please Stefan?" I plead "Just give me a lift this one time."

Groaning in an over-exaggerated way, he complied and picked up my body in a bridal carry. Making sure there was no one around to see, he sped off.

In about three seconds flat, we were outside my door and Stefan was placing me on my feet.

"Thank you Steffy." I grin, knowing how much he hates that nickname.

"I told you not to call me that Harri." He says with a slight glare.

"Whatever you say.... Steffy." I poke my tongue out and quickly unlock my front door, running into the safety of my home where he hadn't been invited in.

Call me cruel for not inviting my best friend in, but it was Matt's rules.

No vampires are allowed to be invited in whatsoever. If I broke that rule then we would have to move.

Well, Matt would move and leave me here.

He was always so skeptical about vampires because of what happened with Vicki.

I don't blame him, honestly. I think it's good that he sets these rules out for me. I may only be a tiny bit younger than Matt, but it was good to have an assertive figure in my life since my Mom buggered off to Florida.

"You ok?" Stefan asks and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Hm? I'm fine." I say in reply but my mind is elsewhere.

"You just spaced out." Stefan frowns and I shake my head.

"No, I'm good." I reassure him but he doesn't seem convinced "Honestly Stefan, I'm good."

"Whatever you say Harri."

"Cya later Stefan." I wave my hand and step out my front door slightly so I can hug him.

When I let go he vanishes from my sight and I sigh, stepping back into the threshold of my house.

I always wondered what it would be like to be a vampire. With all the cool hearing and strength and speed and all that jazz.

Closing the door, I immediately ran to my room and sit at my desk to rush my homework.

Half an hour later and I was eventually done. Why does History have to be so god damn hard?

The teacher and I are buddies, why must he torture me with homework?

Chucking the books into my bag, I quickly wiped off my makeup and grimaced as my pale complexion.

Brown hair, green eyes, fat lips. Ugh, why couldn't I just have a normal looking face?

That and I hated my brown hair, it just sat there and frizzed up all the time.

Extremely irritating when I had to get up early for school so the majority of the time, I had my hair up so no one could see how tragic I looked with my hair down.

Changing out of the black dress I was wearing, I slipped into some shorts and tank top before slipping into bed and relaxing immediately.

Ugh, school tomorrow. And the day after that, and the day after that, and the-

I think you get the picture that it's Monday today....

Closing my eyes, I attempted to sleep and not think about the horrible day ahead.

*****

Ok, that's it for the first chapter? What do you think? Cool enough for you?

It feels so weird doing a TVD fanfic again considering I have like a billion books that I'm attempting to write and finish but then I think of more and more and it's just ugh.

Anyway, Harri is played by Emilia Clarke who is most famously known for playing Daenerys Targaryen (?) in Game Of Thrones.

(She has brown hair in real life so that's the way Harri is)

Hope you liked this first chapter, future chapters will be longer and I will eventually get round to making a proper cover and maybe a better name for the book.

Peace out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.8K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...
286 0 13
What if "The Vampire Diaries" didn't end with its 171st episode? Imagine a world where Elena Gilbert and Damon Salvatore's epic romance blossoms furt...
976K 18.1K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
312K 8K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...