The Billionaire's Maid in Dis...

De sweetdreamer33

To take over her injured aunt's job temporarily- Pia Rosi, a newly graduated historian, offered to work as a... Mai multe

The Billionaire's Maid in Disguise
One - "I should have worn my lucky red underwear."
Two - "The Stavrakos Mansion"
Three - "Kristov"
Four - "The Master has arrived."
Five - "Don't lean on that shiny car!"
Six - "Not my words sir, but yours. Remember?"
Seven - "Darn it. Open the door, FREDA!"
Eight - "Put me down, sir!"
Nine - "Oh no! Did he see me?"
Ten - "So, I've been here before?"
Eleven - "It's the time of the year again."
Twelve - "Are you practicing to be a mannequin?"
Thirteen - "The more pain, the more satisfying."
Fourteen - "As if I'm going to fall for him."
Fifteen - "Why are you touching me?"
Sixteen - "What did he do to you?"
Seventeen - "Call me Kristov."
Eighteen - "You've got the wrong girl."
Twenty - "I can be the man you want."
Twenty One - "I can't say no."
Twenty Two - "Make sure she'll come."
Twenty Three - "I'm so dead meat."
Twenty Four - "What I said still stands."
Twenty Five - "Stay away from her!"
Twenty Six - "Is he avoiding me?"
Twenty Seven - "I'm not jealous."
Twenty Eight - "She's not leaving."
Twenty Nine - "You like her."
Thirty - "Who says it's a date?"
Thirty One - "Why me, Kristov?"
Thirty Two - "What wicked things?"
Thirty Three - "Temptation"
Thirty Four - "He's hungry... possessive and greedy."
Thirty Five - "I was blinded with love."
Thirty Six - "Just say what's in your heart."
Thirty Seven - "I'm dying to kiss you now."
Thirty Eight - "Am I in love?"
Thirty Nine - "Your coffee is getting cold."
Forty - "Touch me more."
Forty One - "He's just lucky today."
Forty Two - "We're so over."
Forty Three - "I love you."
Forty Four - "Believe whatever you want."
Forty Five - "You never called me by my name."
Forty Six - "Let's break our rules."
Forty Seven - "Take care of my little girl."
Epilogue
The Billionaire's Rebellious Bride
Story Branch: What if Pia did not work as maid?

Nineteen - "Please don't call her, sir."

151K 9.8K 2K
De sweetdreamer33

Chapter Nineteen

Kristov's POV

Monday morning, I arrived in the office, feeling grumpy. It started in the dining room. I asked the maid why she was the one serving me breakfast when it was Miss Rosi's job, now that Miss Chloros was gone.

"She hasn't returned yet, sir," the maid stuttered.

I looked at my watch, it was eight in the morning, "isn't her work starting at seven?"

"Yes, sir. She called and said she'll be late. Her car won't start."

The usual employee's excuse. Either trapped in a traffic or the car broke down.

"Then she should have taken a cab."

"She knows you're going to say that, sir. So, she asked to tell you that she can't leave her car behind. It's an extension of her life, like her phone."

What kind of excuse is that!

"Give her number to Jack, so he can send a mechanic," I grunted, then dismissed her.

Later, I asked Jack if he called Miss Rosi,

"I did sir, several times, but she didn't answer my calls."

I grunted irritably. This aunt and niece duo is giving me a headache.

I slammed my pen on the desk. I could not stop thinking of Pia Rosi since last night. I'm so distracted that I could not focus on my work.

Last night, I called her but she did not answer. I also texted her, but she did not reply. I waited to call her after twenty four hours, so I would not sound so eager, but this is what I got.

Damn that girl for ignoring me.

If she's trying to play hard to get, then I'm not the kind of man who chases a woman. It's always the other way around.

I leaned my back against my seat, clasping my hands together.

At least, she should have the decency to answer the phone. Ignoring one's call and text messages is rude, unprofessional... and inconsiderate!

I closed my eyes, trying to put myself into her place. Maybe she lost her phone. Maybe there was a problem in transmitting calls and messages. Mr. Park mentioned that that's one of their problems lately. Or maybe... she meant what she said, that she doesn't date someone like me, and doesn't want to entertain me.

I opened my eyes and let out a groan of frustration.

Damn her. If I'm not her type, then who cares! It's her loss not mine. There are plenty of girls who are dying to date me. From young celebrities, super models, heiresses and princesses in the whole world. All I have to do is text, and they'll come running in haste.

I took a document and studied it, but I could not concentrate. Fuck! Who am I kidding? I don't want anyone else, I want her!

I tried to call her again, and she did not answer. I groaned aloud, and tossed my phone on the desk.

A young woman entered, bringing a cup of coffee. She was wearing a red business suit, with a very low neckline. Her red lips widened in a smile, the moment our eyes met.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Vivian, sir. I'm the new intern," she walked towards me, very slowly, trying not to spill the coffee she was holding.

Damn, Mr. Penn for not being careful in choosing interns again.

"I didn't ask for coffee," I said firmly, then she pouted. That look was very familiar already, a lot of women used it on me.

"I'm sorry Mr. Stavrakos. I just want to introduce myself... "

"You already did, so leave, and don't ever come back. You're fired!"

Pia's POV

Darn it! Bad luck seems to follow me since yesterday. When Kimberly and I watched a movie, my chair had catsup. It left a stain on my white pants. Afterwards, we were eating a burger at the park, and my pattie fell on the floor. Then I left my phone in Kimberly's car. I went home not knowing, because I was so tired and sleepy.

When I was ready to leave for work, my car would not start. I could not contact my mechanic, the number was in my phone. I opened the hood, checked the battery, cable and oil, then wiped the dust. Thank God, when I started it again, it came to life.

I called Kimberly early this morning through telephone, to ask her if she got my cellphone.

"I don't have it girl, and it's not here in the house."

"Can you check again in your room?" I was getting anxious already. I was not able to back-up my files on my phone for months.

"Okay, I will. But I have a feeling you dropped in the pond. When you were getting so close to the Koi fish, I heard something drop."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah," she clicked her tongue, "but don't feel bad yet. I'll check my room again, okay?"

Later she called me. I was so relieved when she told me that she found my cellphone in her car.

"I'm already at work, girl. I'll just drop it off at your loverboy's mansion when I get home," she would not stop teasing me, since I told her about my confrontation with Kristov Stavrakos on the balcony.

"Stop it, will you? It's not going to happen," I rolled my eyes, then shifted to another topic, "give it to Cameron at the guardhouse, okay? He's in-charge of the gates."

"Ah, the guy who asked you for a date? Hmm... I can't wait to check him out," she teased me again.

At eight thirty in the morning, I arrived at Stavrakos mansion and was back in disguise. Tess told me that the master was asking for me.

"He was grumpy this morning, and asked why you were not the one who served him breakfast," Tess raised her hands heavenward, "haven't he noticed? I was the one serving him most of the time."

"Maybe he woke up on the other side of the bed," I twisted my lips.

"Probably. But to keep it safe, you have to serve him his meals from now on. He makes me nervous when he's grumpy, and my blood pressure rises."

"Okay, I will," I patted her back, "don't worry."

Late afternoon, I got the phone that Kimberly left at the guardhouse.

"Your friend is funny. She asked too many things about me, I felt like I was interrogated," Cameron laughed.

"Don't mind her, she's practicing to be a lawyer," I answered.

"No wonder. I felt like I was in a witness stand," he chuckled and told me what he thought of Kimberly.

We burst out laughing.

So engrossed with our talk, we did not notice the car that pulled in front of the electronic iron gates. The horn of the car beeped, and Cameron immediately pressed the digital buttons of the gates.

"The boss has arrived," he said, then turned his attention back to me.

The car passed through the huge gates, and I could feel the gaze of the man seated at the back. The boss, Kristov Stavrakos.

"I have to go back," I raised my phone, "thanks for this."

"Sure, no worries." Cameron answered, giving me a salute gesture, then settled back on his seat, "see you at the dining hall later."

On my way back, I checked my calls and messages.

Darn it. Four calls from Kristov Stavrakos. Last night, then this early morning and twice at noon.

I opened his text messages.

'Let's have dinner.'

'Answer your phone.'

'Are you ignoring me?'

I hate that he's persistent! Why can't he take no for an answer?

I don't understand. What does he want from me? When it comes to looks, I could not compete with all the women he dates.

I arrived in front of the mansion, and Jack greeted me.

"The boss wants to speak with you. He's waiting in his study room."

My heart throbbed so fast. What does he want now? Probably scold me for being late.

I put my phone inside my uniform's pocket and headed directly to the master.

I knocked twice, then entered the room. He was behind his office table, working again.

Isn't he tired of always working? Being at home should be spent resting. Why is he acting like a robot?

He looked up when he saw me.

"Good evening, Mr. Stavrakos. Jack said, ''You want to see me."

"Yes. It's about your niece," he indicated a chair for me to sit down across from him.

"What about her sir?"

"I'm sure she mentioned that we met at a dinner party last Saturday."

"Um... yes sir," I cleared my throat, "she also said you exchanged numbers."

"Good that she told you. I tried to call her several times, but she didn't answer."

Darn it. I have to make a good excuse.

"Oh! She mentioned that her employer doesn't allow them to bring phones during work. That's probably the reason, sir."

"What kind of employer is that?"

'A very strict one, sir, and very grumpy too. Especially during the morning."

His forehead furrowed, "Really?"

I nodded, and watched him check the time on his wrist.

"Maybe she's off now, I'll try calling her again."

My eyes bulged in panic. Then I saw him take his phone.

Oh no! What should I do?

"Please, don't call her sir..." I tried to stop him, but it was too late.

My phone rang.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

61.4M 2.7M 83
Lisa and her boss, Alessandro, agree to spite their exes by pretending to date, but things begin to backfire when fake feelings become real along the...
1.7M 64.3K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
WAVE De Alicia

Dragoste

9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...