Weight of the World

TheQuietHufflepuff által

Molly Winchester has hunted things that go bump in the night for as long as she can remember. When she and h... Több

Aesthetic and Playlist
New Town Arrival
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Saving People, Hunting Things...
Book Two

16

138 3 0
TheQuietHufflepuff által

Since Erica had fiddled with Stiles' Jeep, he drove himself and Molly to the mechanic's shop to get it fixed.

The mechanic was a cocky guy. "Hey! Hey? Wh -- what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter."

The mechanic gave Stiles a sarcastic nod. "Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has got to be replaced here." He looked at Molly and smiled.

Stiles shot him a frown. "Why do I get the feeling you're slightly over-estimating the damage?" He narrowed his eyes, not liking how Molly was being stared at and stepped in front of her.

"It's probably gonna run you around like $1200 in parts and labor."

Stiles scoffed. "Do you know what a limited differential is?"

"No-"

"Yeah, coming on more like $1500."

"Okay. Just finish. I'll be back here, seething with impotent rage!"

Stiles crossed his arms while Molly opened the door. There was an odd sticky substance on it, and Stiles touched the handle. He gave a look of disgust. "Oh. Nice. It's real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here."

The mechanic said nothing and Stiles muttered, "Figures."

Molly fell to the ground and quickly realized she couldn't move. Stiles fell around the same time as her. From where she was, she could see a picture of the mechanic in a Beacon Hills lacrosse uniform.

The blonde glanced at her friend. "Stiles? I can't move."

Stiles looked at the mechanic, as best as he could, and tried to get his attention. "No. Hey. Hey! Hey! Uh."

A voice caught her attention. "911, what's your emergency?"

Stiles and Molly couldn't speak and managed to exchange a terrified look.

A lizard creature appeared at the glass door to the waiting area and hissed at Molly and Stiles before disappearing.

Eventually, the police appeared and the sheriff asked, "What happened?"

Stiles glanced at Molly and she said, "We heard a sound and saw the Jeep fall on the mechanic."

He frowned at her, like he knew she was blatantly lying to him. "I'll ask again. What happened?"

Stiles let out a sigh. "She told you. We just -- we walked in and we saw the Jeep on top of the guy, that's all."

"Did you hear something or did you see the Jeep on that guy? What's wrong with your hands?"

Stiles glanced to Molly before saying, "Nothing. Can we just get out of here now?"

"Look, if there's something you don't think you can tell me-"

Stiles scoffed. "You think we're lying?"

"Your stories don't add up, but no, of course not. I'm just worried about you two. Molly's brothers are worried about her. Now, if you two saw someone do this, if you're afraid that maybe they're gonna come back and make sure you don't say anything about it-"

"We didn't see anything. At all. Can we go now please?"

Sheriff Stilinski nodded. "Sure. But not in your Jeep. We're gonna have to impound it. Sorry kid, evidence. I'll see you at home. Make sure you get Molly home safely."

Stiles let out a defeated sigh. "All right, well, at least make sure they wash it."

While they waited for Scott to pick them up, Stiles asked her, "Are you okay?"

Molly nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay. Are you?"

"I'm okay, too."

Scott arrived and asked, "You two okay?"

Stiles and Molly nodded and he said, "Yeah. You were right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were all right, reptilian. But there was something about them."

Scott frowned at his friend. "What do you mean?"

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?"

"Are you saying you know who it is?"

Molly ran a hand down her arm. "No, but I think it knew us."

---

During school the next day, Molly walked up to her friends and heard Stiles say, "-because I love you. I love you more than -- oh, my God. I can't -- You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate."

Scott sighed. "Come on. You're the only one we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes!" Stiles cried. "Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?"

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book."

"He probably means a Bestiary," Stiles answered.

"What?"

"A Bestiary," Molly repeated.

Scott frowned at them. "I think you guys mean bestiality."

Stiles shook his head. "Nope, pretty sure we don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures."

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?"

Stiles let out a sigh. "Okay, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine and Molly's."

Scott slowly nodded. "Okay. If we can find it, and it can tell us what the thing is-"

"And who."

"We need that book!" the boys cried.

Stiles left to ask Allison about the Bestiary. Molly got a message from Lydia asking her to meet her in the parking lot, so she did so.

Molly found Lydia sitting in her car crying. "What's the matter?"

She looked at Molly and shook her head. "Please go, Molly."

"No. You told me to come here. What's wrong?"

"Look, I don't need anyone seeing me cry."

"Why? You shouldn't care if anyone sees you cry."

"Why is that?"

"Because look beautiful when you cry, Lydia."

She let out a soft laugh as Molly asked, "Now what's wrong?"

Lydia looked up at her. "You're gonna think I'm crazy."

"I promise I won't."

She opened her mouth to answer and a the spastic boy appeared and grabbed her arm. "I need your help to find the book."

Molly pulled her arm away and frowned. "Kinda busy at the moment."

Stiles offered a small smile. "Lydia, this'll just take a few minutes, then she's all yours."

They reached the principal's office and as they were sifting through books, he kept muttering, "Book, book, book. Nothing here. Oh m-"

Suddenly, Erica appeared. "Hello, Stiles. Hello, Molly."

"Hello, bitch," Molly greeted rudely. "Word of advice, throwing someone in a dumpster isn't nice."

She grabbed Stiles' ear and Molly's wrist, but the hunter yanked her arm away. Stiles let out a cry of pain. "Ah! Ah! Ah! Oh."

They came face-to-face with Derek. "Stiles. Molly."

"Derek," Stiles and Molly said.

"What did you two see at the mechanics garage?"

"Uh, several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting," Stiles replied. "Holy God."

Derek frowned at him. "Let's try that again."

Stiles glanced at Molly before turning back to Derek. "All right, the thing was pretty slick looking. Um, skin was dark. Kind of patterned. Uh, I think I actually saw scales. Is that enough? Okay, because Molly really needs to talk to -- Hrr. All right, fine, eyes. Eyes are, um, yellowish. And slitted. Um, has a lot of teeth. Oh. And it's got a tail, too. Are we good? What? Wait, have you seen it? You have this look on your faces like you know exactly what I'm talking about."

Derek's eyes suddenly widened. "Run!"

The creature made its way behind Derek and Molly yelled, "Your neck! Watch out!"

Stiles frowned. "Hey, come on. Where is it? Can you see it? Molly, get to safety!"

"I can smell it," Derek answered. "Please hurry. Call Scott!" Stiles dropped the phone and leaned down to pick it up, which caused Derek to fall into the water. "Stiles, ah-"

Molly jumped into the water to try to hold up Derek, which was much harder than she thought.

Holding up a 6'0 werewolf in the water wasn't easy, as Stiles quickly found out. "Where did it go? Do you see it?"

Derek looked for the creature and shook his head. "No."

Stiles nodded slowly. "Okay, maybe it took off."

"Maybe not."

Stiles noticed the creature standing near the edge of the pool. It seemed to him the creature was taunting them.

Derek stared down at Stiles. "You get me out of here before I drown. And before Molly drowns."

Stiles scoffed at him. "You're worried about drowning? Did you notice the thing out there with multiple rows of razor sharp teeth?"

"Did you notice I'm paralyzed from the neck down in eight feet of water? Molly won't be able to do much."

Molly huffed. "I am right here. And I can do more than you think."

Stiles sighed. "Okay, I don't see it."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, stop, stop."

The creature appeared at the edge of the pool, continuing to stalk them. "What's it waiting for?"

It dipped a claw in the water and let out a hiss and pull out its claw right away. "Wait, did you see that? I don't think it can swim."

The creature headed towards them and Derek felt heavier. "Okay. Okay, I don't think I can do this much longer."

Derek's eyes narrowed. "No, no, no. Don't even think about it."

"Would you just trust me this once?"

"No."

"Right. I'm the one keeping you alive, okay? Have you noticed that?"

Derek scoffed. "Yeah. And when the paralysis wears off, who's gonna be able to fight that thing, you or me? You don't trust me, I don't trust you. You need me to survive, which is why you are not letting me go. Stiles!"

Derek slipped in Stiles' grasp and he said, "I can't stay up any longer. I need something to hold on to."

"Stiles!" Derek and Molly cried.

Stiles got out of the water and called Scott to find out he was on his way.

Molly managed to stay afloat and started dragging Derek to safety. Stiles pulled Molly from the water and checked to see if she was okay.

Scott appeared and showed something to Stiles, causing him to frown. "Is that even a language?"

Scott sighed. "How are we supposed to figure out how to fight this thing?"

Derek stood. "It's called a kanima."

Molly stomped towards Derek and glared. "Are you telling me you knew the whole time?!"

Derek met her glare and said, "No. Only when it was confused by its own reflection."

Scott's eyes widened. "It doesn't know what it is."

"Or who."

"What else do you know?" Stiles asked.

"Just stories, rumors."

Scott glanced to Derek. "But it's like us?"

Derek nodded. "A shapeshifter, yes, but it's -- it's not right. It's like a-"

"An abomination," Stiles finished.

"Derek? We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents," Scott said.

Molly shook her head. "That's a horrible idea. The werewolves and the Argents don't get along at all. Even Sam and Dean are iffy."

Derek scoffed at Scott. "You trust them?"

"Nobody trusts anyone!" Scott exclaimed. "That's the problem. While we're here, arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, stronger, and faster than any of us, and it's killing people, and we still don't even know anything about it."

"I know one thing, when I find it? I'm gonna kill it!" Derek yelled before walking off.

Molly rolled her eyes. "And I thought Dean was dramatic."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.5K 28 30
~ DISCONTINUED ~ She was well known around the supernatural community. Most of them with knowledge knew all too well who she was. Or at least until s...
257 38 11
This is a fan fiction about Teen wolf! All rights go to the producers and actors and everyone that contributed to creating this amazing show!!🖤 The...
125K 2.7K 54
( ON HOLD ) After being away from Beacon Hills for six years, Marlo Stilinski finally returns but with secrets, talents and a certain someone in her...
7.8K 265 49
Season 2-6 of teen wolf ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• Besides all the creatures in Beacon Hills here comes a creature that hasn't been in this town for...