Mercury (And The Chaos In The...

By MoonixDrop

After the incident of getting their wings ripped in half, Mercury sets to recover slowly as chaos continues o... More

Chapter 1, Recovery
Chapter 2, Work
Chapter 3, Wings
Chapter 4, Watched
Chapter 5, Faults
Chapter 6, Events
Chapter 7, Urge
Chapter 8, Follow
Chapter 9, Hospital
Chaper 10, Peaceful Day?
Chapter 11, A Horrible Situation
Chapter 12, Message
Chapter 13, A Familliar Presence
Chapter 14, Strange Beings
Chapter 15, Inflict
Chapter 17, Myself and I
Chapter 18, Days
Chapter 19, Void + Static
Chapter 20, Abyss + Lilith?
Chapter 21, Chaotic (1/2)
Chapter 22, Chaotic (2/2)
Chapter 23, End of Cross? // New Days

Chapter 16, Back To The Hospital // Torture

0 0 0
By MoonixDrop

Vix and I were on our way to the hospital to visit Doctor Kai and maybe Mono. We walked in and met the same doctor, Doctor Bow. "I'll lead you both to Kai's room.. should be right here.." They let us in and opened the door for us to Kai's room.

"Mercury!" Kai smiled but slightly frowned when they saw Vix. "Don't worry..Vix has calmed down for now." I pulled a chair right next to Kai and they seem to not accept it as much. "That's good." Kai went back smiling again. "Oh and uh..can you walk properly?" I asked them and they responded. "Not really, but I can keep my balance, this cast makes my arm feel uncomfortable though..." Kai got off the bed and limped. "You two want to go to Mono's room?" Kai asked us both. "Sure! Yeah!" I grabbed Vix's hand and held the door for Kai.

As we all arrived in Mono's room, they looked happy to see us. Vix looked scared to walk in so they stayed in the back. "It's been a while.." Mono waved, they tried to look over my shoulder and saw Vix standing right behind me. They both locked eyes together and then looked away.

"Vix..I wasn't expecting you to be here." Mono said quietly. "Yeah..uh.." Vix backed away from the entrance. "I hope you're doing fine now..its okay." Mono had a small smile, but their eyes looked dead and sad. "Oh..alrighty.." Vix walked back in looking nervous.

"Is it okay if we take you home? Can you walk properly?" I asked them and they nodded. "Yeah I don't mind..oh yeah! I'll pay you both on the way for working.." Mono got off the bed and almost tipped over. "Goodness..you sure you're okay?" Kai said and helped them up with their balance. "Let's go now." I opened the door for both of them. We headed our way to Mono's home.

As we arrived, Kai brought Mono in and we followed them. "I'll take you to your room." Kai said. "They look cute together." Vix whispered in my ear. "Damn...I can see that." I smirked. Kai walks back with something in their hand, "I'll stay here for now with Mono...here's the money that they promised you." Kai hands us both 200 dollars. "I wasn't expecting that..isn't it too much?" Vix asked. "Mono's been working in that library for a long time, it's okay." Kai walks off to Mono's room. "See you both later!" They waved at us goodbye. "Bye!" I said and so did Vix.

We arrived back home, I walked in and saw Vix paused for a bit. "You alright?" I said. "Yeah..Just wasn't expecting it to go that well." Vix finally entered inside and closed the door.

"Hey, you two!" Lilith greeted us with Arcane right next to them waving. "Where did you both go?" They asked us both. "We went to go visit Kai and Mono again, they're fully recovered." Vix responded. "We got our pay too." I lifted the money. "That's good, use the money wisely." Lilith walked to the kitchen. "I'll go make lunch for you two now.."

Vix and I decided to put our money away and go help Lilith cook. Arcane was there too. As we finished, Vix and I decided to eat together.

I was feeling tired again, so I lay on the bed. I tried keeping myself awake. Vix was right next to me, I could feel them stare at me as I forced myself to keep my eyes open. "Mercury...you should try taking a nap.." Vix wrapped their arms around me. "No no..I think I'm good." I snuggled in. "You look tired though..." Vix poked me in the face. I didn't say anything else other than make a strange squeaking noise.

"Huh?"
"What??" I looked up at Vix who seemed surprised

"What was that noise you made?"

"I don't know.." I shrugged and laid my head back down

"Oh.....okay.."

———

So I ended up falling asleep while TRYING TO KEEP MYSELF AWAKE!!!

I swear I was awake minutes ago...

I open my eyes to see the usual red room in front of me. "Cross..I know you're there." I said. I got up and walked around the reality. It was boring as usual and empty. I sighed and plopped down sitting. I could see my reflection on the ground, I tilted my head. After a few minutes, I see something stand behind me. I quickly turned my head to see Cross charging toward me with a knife.

I felt dizzy
I opened my eyes slightly and felt the knife stuck into my head
Blood gushes out of my head
"Haah..haah.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" I screamed in pain as I fell on the ground getting up.

I could hear Cross laugh at me faintly
I closed my eyes

I open them again in a strange white room
I was sitting on my knees
The knife still remains in my head, blood was splattered all over me including the ground
Someone who looked like me crouched down
it was me
but I looked more smug
"What is myself doing out of myself?" I didn't understand what I said..but went with it
"Inner thoughts." They lifted my chin up "Damn you're a mess..let me take over." It said

I got flashbacks and memories of my old self months ago
it reminded of the "me" standing in front of me smiling

"Oh...it's you.." I said

"So? I still remain in your head." It said, it started to stroke my hair.

"I'll let you take over..just this once." I said
"Good!" It exclaimed

A white light flashes before my eyes.

—Cross's POV—

As I tried to start the reality over, I look back to see Mercury slowly standing up. "What the hell? You should be dead by now!" I told them and they ignored. I watch them walk closer towards me. They smiled widely and pushed me down to the ground. I tried to attack them with the knife, I slashed their fingers off as they tried to grab me.

Mercury had no reaction, They bit my arm. I could feel their sharp teeth sink into my flesh, I screamed and ended up dropping the knife. 

Mercury grabbed the knife. I watch them finish chewing on my flesh. Mercury licks their lips and swiftly came towards me.

  "YOU AREN'T MERCURY!!" I felt scared so suddenly. They didn't respond other than laugh. Mercury pointed the knife at my heart. "NOW NOW NO—" The knife went through my heart as I tried negotiating with them. Mercury takes out the knife and blood pours out of my body.

"No more forgiveness.." Mercury whispered and dropped the knife.

—Mercury's POV—

When I woke up, I could feel my dried bloody but sore head getting up. I felt a faint pain from my fingers, they were slashed off. The taste of blood in my mouth, it stained my lips.

I see Cross's body laying down on the ground already dead from the other "me"

I was desperate to destroy their body.

I grabbed the bloody knife off the ground and stabbed Cross's head to make sure they were dead
I got too obsessed that I ended up ripping their head open with my bare hands
My hands got sore
I laughed a little, not regretting of what I have done
I look at my fidgety, covered in blood hands
They were bruised due to me using the knife and my bare hands.

I lick the blood off of my fingers, "It's good." I thought.

I grabbed the knife again,

I needed to get out of here..
So I stabbed my stomach and left myself to bleed.

I could feel someone tugging my hair, I could hear their voice telling me to wake up. It was Vix. "Mercury...Arcane's missing..Lilith is freaking out.." They were shaking. "We'll hopefully find them..did you guys see anything happen with Arcane?" I got off the bed. "No..they were in Lilith's room..when Lilith went to go check on them. They were gone." Vix followed me to leave the room. "I hope they're gonna be okay.." I said. I see Lilith sitting alone on the couch with their head down. "Hey..We'll bring Arcane back.." I tugged them and they lifted their head up. "I'll trust you."

Before I could say anything else

Everything dropped to black
I couldn't explain the feeling
But it felt like I dropped into something
that warped me into somewhere

Now the atmosphere feels empty

Wait..

I opened my eyes to see Lilith and Vix lay right next to me, I sat up. We were in a grey room. "A Reality?" I said. I got up, and as usual. Nothing was here, it's empty.

Lilith and Vix eventually woke up, "Weird..I don't remember falling asleep.." Vix said, looking around. "I don't either." I notice something in the distance. A shadowy figure stands right in front of us. I pointed at it, "Someone's he—"

Right before my eyes
The figure appears in my face
But I felt odd
I looked down to see their hand in my stomach

Suddenly it slowly takes it hands out
I fall down to see Vix's and Lilith's shocked look
Everything felt so..SLOW

I tried crawling towards them so I could get away
Vix tries to grab my hand
But I heard a bang
I couldn't see anymore

—Vix's POV—

I stared at Mercury's head
it was split open
their brains were poking up, splattered all over me
blood gushes to my feet

I ended up breaking down and felt Lilith tug me, "CALM DOWN GOD DAMN IT!! THIS IS A REALITY REMEMBER??? NOTHING HERE IS REAL..!!" Lilith screamed at me as they tried to drag me away from Mercury's body. "IT'S RIGHT THERE THOUGH...LET ME FUCKING GO!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed and pulled myself away but they grabbed me again. "A 'REALITY' IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK AND FEEL REAL!! IT TRICKS YOU INTO BELIEVING SOMETHING BAD IS HAPPENING. YOU LOSE YOUR SENSE OF REALITY WHEN YOU'RE HERE!!" Lilith held me down from breaking free. "Mercury is alive, We are all here mentally. Our physical bodies remain at home." They lift me up and hugged me.

I felt calmer now but still felt shocked, "Thanks.." I glanced at Mercury's dead body again and immediately looked away. My thoughts were racing and I was having a headache. Not from the smell, but a feeling where it felt FAMILIAR. "You okay?" Lilith got up, "Oh..yeah.." I also got up and felt my head beating out of my chest as my headache got worse. "The strange figure is gone..except for this smell." I could faintly hear Lilith speaking. "Oh hey its Mercury!" Lilith pointed.

The pain was gone
I was fine
No headache
No more racing thoughts
No more pain

"I found you both!!" Mercury ran up to us and I hugged them. "Glad you're okay.." I felt so relieved seeing them. "Now we need to look for Arcane somehow.." Mercury said. "They aren't here." A voice echoed throughout the room.

It was Cross walking towards us, I flinched as I felt fear grow inside of me. "Why aren't they dead.." I whispered to myself. I glanced at Mercury who looked away..I feel like they know something.

"They are not here..Arcane is in Selcouth. We caught them talking about the others and what they were doing.." Cross laughed. "Other people?" I said. I looked at Mercury who looked scared. "You know about it?"

"Yes..I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you about it." Mercury hugs me, sobbing into my arms. "It's okay."

"Hmm..They're already all here.." Cross said, smirking. I saw a portal open, 3 people walked out, they're appearances looked strange. I backed away with Mercury in my arms. "Mercury didn't tell you about them? They're names are Abyss, Static, and Void. My remaining servants.." Cross took out a knife. "We'll torture you both..Lilith will no longer protect you." Abyss and the others got close to us.

—Mercury's POV—

I watched as Lilith got sent away in the most painful way. They were glitched out of the reality and sent somewhere else. "LILITH!!" I screamed as they disappeared. As I tried to reach my hand out, Vix stopped me. I was reminded again that we were going to be attacked.

Abyss and Static pinned us both down and made us sit. Void was behind us. "If one of you tries to break free..I'll rip you apart.." Void said, whispering into ours ears. Cross walked up with a gun in their hand. I panicked and closed my eyes. I didn't want to see it, I felt calm but the grip of Abyss's hands gets worse. I grunted in pain and looked over at my shoulder. "Open your eyes." Abyss attempted to break my hand. "OKAY..okay.." I panicked and looked down with my eyes wide open.

"So who's gonna get shot today I wonder?" Cross pointed the gun at us. I looked over at Vix who looked scared as much as I felt. A bang was heard right next to me. Cross had shot the ground, "Pay attention or else I'll shoot you." They reloaded their gun. "Anyways, I wanted to tell you both something. Now that you know about Selcouth by that damn fucking piece of shit..—You only have 4 days to get Arcane back.." Cross squeezed their gun tightly in rage. My ears were ringing from the gunshot..I could barely understand what they were saying. "I want you both and Lilith———-meet all of us in Selcouth so I can deal with you all and kill you..!" Cross laughs loudly. In my vision, everything felt slow. "What's happening?" I thought to myself, I could hear them but it sounded muffled.

"Mercury..are you even listening?" I hear Cross's voice

They were standing in front of me with a gun, pointed at my forehead. "Yes.." I said looking up at them and then down. "Look into my eyes..so I know that you aren't lying.." Cross slams me with the gun. I could hear Vix panicking, everything was blurry but I eventually looked at them.

Ah it's so painful to make eye contact even though it's so simple.

I felt myself deteriorate slowly.

Cross drops their gun somewhere, and puts their hand on my hair. I Felt Panic As It Start To Grab at Me. Cross starts to pull my hair hard. "NOOOOOOO LET ME GOOOO AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed as they jerk, pull, and yank my hair. I desperately try to push them off but they let go..and

Tore out small and big strands out of my Hair.

I cry out as I resist the urge to vomit. But I did Anyways. I could barely hear Vix scream out my name, my ears ring, my vision slowly loses itself. I stare into Vix's eyes, they were in tears, desperately trying to Reach me.

I sob into my hands, as the sounds around me get Louder. I get kicked to the side. I get picked up again and was set down.

It went quiet, after everything happen. My senses are back, Vix's voice calms down.

"Good..anyways, I'm surprised Mercury hasn't told you about it Vix. I've been torturing them..including the others that join in..It feels relieving! And Mercury hasn't told you about this? The one behind you named Static is the one that's been driving you crazy.." Cross grinned and looked over at me, I felt guilt slowly fill my brain. "I'm sorry." I whispered quietly. I looked away, I was deteriorating badly from the wound on my head and the thoughts clouding my mind.

"It's okay." I hear Vix say.

"Huh?" Cross said

"I know how Mercury isn't so great at telling things..I already figured out that they were being hurt by you, Cross. I can always figure out Mercury's pain. But I never knew I got even more insane by some asshole.." Vix looked over at Static who looked angry.

"Hmmm....Now you're getting on my nerves. Your state was already deteriorating so I thought it would be a good idea to make it worse. But YOU are the worse one..."Static squeezes Vix's hands tightly.

I watch as Vix resists, "True...I WAS already deteriorating slowly—  as usual. Your shit did NOTHING, I was already a terrible person. I could fucking rip you apart if I wanted to - But not in front of my beloved, Mercury..." Vix laughs as they stare into Static. "You all may be insane, counting Mercury...But I'll always be worse....You could say I'm fucked up completely. Succumbing to insanity for a year...until I gave up." Vix continue to still laugh at them, moving around, and still resisting.

Static hesitated.
"Haha...they're bluffing."

"No I'm Not."
Vix then knee-kicked Static in the stomach, but Static recovered quickly and gripped tightly on their hand.

Static breaks Vix's hand.

Instead of Vix screaming, they bursted into laughing loudly, "YOU'RE FUNNY. AREN'T YOU?"

"I'll kill you all, with Mercury by my side. I'll be sure to take your organs, play with them, and maybe feed it to Mercury...I'll make you ALL suffer."

Vix grabs Static's shoulders - Gripping them tightly even with a broken hand —-

Vix was shoved to the ground by Static...They both fell

Vix crawls towards Static, Static screams as they got closer.

Static was....afraid?

"VIX!" I screamed out their name but I felt Abyss hold me back by pulling my wings.

My back felt like it was being pulled off again - "LET  GO OF ME!!"

I pushed them off of me, the burning sensation from my wings gets worse that I couldn't barely move. "MERCURY!!" I hear Vix call out my name as they run up to me - leaving Static scarred.

They pick me up carefully, "It..hurts to move." I looked over at my wings and saw them bleeding all over. "It's okay..don't move too much." Vix moved me away. Cross and the others look mad.

"I want you to shoot me instead.." Vix said while blocking me. "Wait..no..no...NO!!" I grabbed their legs and started yanking them. But my wings kept me down from trying. My wings felt like they were burning in a hot fire...it was getting blurry slowly that I couldn't hear what Cross was saying.

"Come on shoot me...you disgusting sadistic asshole!" Vix yelled loudly. "I know you can fucking hear me you piece of shit!"

I could hear it
it was faint
my eyes widened

it was a gunshot
I see Vix slowly fall over right next to me
they were shot in the head
I saw blood everywhere
on me
on the ground
all over
or am I imagining things?

I couldn't scream due to my wings killing me
I felt restricted but I ended up sobbing on the ground instead as I covered my face.

I smash my head against the ground in the desperate need to die, I did it again, and again, again, and again,again, and again,again, and again..
until I got exhausted

"Vix is probably bluffing, don't worry about it Static...But they weren't wrong about being worse than anyone here, They Just Don't Show It.......What a pain in the ass..Now we got one more!" I hear Cross say as they pull my hair to lift my head up.

They point the gun at my neck.

"Do it. You bastard." I said sternly

"Hmm?? I'll torture you a little MORE!!" Cross smashes me in the head again with the gun. I dropped to the ground but Cross kicks me to a wall.

At this point,

They are just beating me up.
Cross looking satisfied as usual.

I felt them pulling my hair, rip off one my fingers, kick my stomach multiple times, strangle me, leave scars all over my body, and attempted to gouge my eyes out (only one came out).

My tongue was almost ripped out but Cross failed to, and so on. As I try to crawl away, they kick my stomach hard enough to point where I start to Puke again.

I collaspe on the ground after the last blow, my stomach felt like I got stabbed multiple times by a sharp knife.

Abyss joined in, they took out their acidic knife and left cuts all over my body. especially my arms and legs.
Static injected me with a syringe that made me weak, nauseous, and almost paralyzed. They joined in the beating.
Void.
I don't know anymore.
They just,
Watched Me.

I felt like
a broken doll
Some of my skin was ripped off
Bruises, cuts, wounds appear almost everywhere on my body
A eye is missing.

I could tell my blood was everywhere
the smell of iron fills the Room
I don't know how I'm still alive in this Reality
I just wanna get out of here.

I slowly got up on my knees and tried crawling away from all of them.
I was so sore..
Cross grabs me by my hair and drags me back, and kicks my stomach. Again.

Void eventually steps in and tries to stab me with..scissors?

  My eyesight was slowly giving up on me but I eventually tried to push myself away from them. Void missed with the scissors. My body is getting more sore. I pushed myself further with my wounded hand but,

they stuck the scissors into my hand
they stood over me, slightly bending over to see my face. Their eyes gaze into mine, I could feel their true insanity from it. Void pushed the scissors further into my hand and twisted, making it almost stuck there.

I screamed in pain and bit their leg. I get thrown off.
I grab the scissors from my hand and ripped it out. I screamed and screamed until I gave up. Blood was splattered everywhere, surrounding me.

Void dragged me and I felt my head be scratched beneath the surface.

They all continued of what they were told to do.

Try to tear my fingers off again, my fingers were almost gone.
My hair was being pulled, along with my wings. Small and medium sized feathers were everywhere.

Void took out a hammer
then

smashed my legs with it, my arms, my face, my head, my hands, and my stomach.

It just goes on over and over and over and over again.
More scars
More bruises
More wounds

I took it all in, but this was the worse one.

After all that,

I got used to it, it was boring but painful. I barely could see anymore due to my other eye gone.

Cross looked..stressed, the others backed away.

"You're not showing any emotion..I NEED YOU TO SHOW LIKE YOU'RE IN PAIN GODDAMN IT!!!" They grinned widely but I could tell that they were angry. I smiled, "So? It's been getting kinda boring.." I felt smug but coughed out large amounts of blood. "Oh so you wanna go that way..?" Cross threw me to the ground. They pointed the gun at me.

"Finally you're gonna shoot me..! I've been waiting, End me right now to stop this hell getting to me, Shoot Me, Blow my brains out, Kill Me Now." I start laughing and getting up while my body was sore, the paralysis had almost worn off. Cross looked scared of me again. "S-Stay down..get the hell away.." They backed up. "SHOOT ME GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!" I shrieked. Cross freaked out and pulled the trigger.

They missed but shot one of my wings
blood was all over the place
I dropped to the ground..It didn't have the burning sensation

But I could no longer move anymore
It felt I couldn't hear anymore
but my ears were..ringing
Everything felt silent
I can't describe the feeling
but it felt like everything..just shut down.

I eventually closed my eyes due to blood loss.

Thank God.

—Cross's POV—

I watched them fall to the ground, blood pours out of their wing. Feathers slowly fall to the ground, including blood.
"Ha..HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!" I laughed and dropped the gun. "A gruesome torture, indeed! A gruesome death, indeed!"

I lift up Mercury's body, I tear their head off and held it in my arms as I felt blood spill all over me.

Will Mercury fall into the hellish mental strain after 1 year?? I wonder! I wonder! I wonder!!!

—Mercury's POV—

I fell off the bed after waking up in cold sweat, I feel so awfully sore and nauseous. I try getting up and crawling to the bathroom since I wasn't feeling so well. As I reached for the door handle, I succeeded and turned it. I stood up.

My body declined,

I fall on my knees unable to reach the door. I felt stress and rage fill me up. I slammed my head against the door, closing it, smashing my skull onto the hardened wood. I repeated and repeated. "Mercury...? MERCURY!!!" Vix ran towards me and grabbed my head. "Vix..? I look into their worried eyes and then they hugged me. "I don't feel so well.." I said leaning on them. "I'll set you down and go get medicine.." Vix took me to the bed again and made me sit up.

Vix left to go get some medicine, I sat there waiting and waiting. Vix got back with the medicine. "I also got some water.." They set it down for me. "Thanks.." I grabbed the pill. I didn't like taking pills since I kept on thinking that I might choke on them. I breathed in and then out. I take it and quickly drank my water.

I finished and sighed in relief, "I feel better now..just a small headache..." I told Vix and they sat down right next to me. "That's good.." Vix hugged me. I couldn't understand why, but it felt good after what happened.

"Sorry, after what I just saw I feel..scared by it. It was my only way to protect you..but things got worse. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'll do better next time. I promise. I'm also sorry for not saving you the first time.." Vix hugged me tighter and heard their voice break.

"When I saw that you haven't woken up, I felt so scared that I waited and waited.." They said while letting go.

"You don't have to try that hard, I'm used to it. I think I'm fine after..as always you make me feel better." I cuddled into their arms. "I'm used to getting hurt by Cross.." I hold their hand and paused. "But sometimes I can't even handle it myself so I cry on my own. When I see you I feel comforted since you're always there for me to forget about it." I kissed their hand and shed a tear.

Vix wipes the tear off and kisses me on the head. "I'm glad to know that, I'm very glad." Vix brings me closer towards them.

"Why did you lie to me?"
Vix's tone changed, but it didn't sound mad.

"I didn't want you to get involved..I thought if you did, they will come after you for knowing. But I messed up, I wish I've told you." I felt tears fall down my face, Vix wipes them away.

"I guess I can accept that answer...It's understandable..." Vix patted my head. I nod and held their hand.

I felt much better, but I don't know how I'm going to feel later.

"How's Lilith doing?" I asked

"They're okay, I already told them we need to get Arcane back in 4 days." Vix responded but paused. "They've been pretty down lately."

"Hopefully we'll both remember to get Arcane back.." I said.

"Was staying in that Reality after...painful?" Vix said with the usual gloomy eyes. They stared at me, waiting for an answer.
"Y-Yes.." I hesitated, I remember almost every moment. I explained a few of them to Vix.

-
Vix looked angry but shocked as I finished.
"I will not let that happen again...I will not let that happen again.......I will not let that happen again.......I will not let that happen again......I will not let that happen again.........I will NOT let that happen again." I hear Vix mumble something. "Vix?" I start to feel worried. "I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! I'LL KILL THEM!!" Vix yelled loudly, they were furious as their eyes widened in anger.

I grabbed their shoulders, "CALM DOWN! IT ISN'T THAT EASY TO KILL THEM!!! COME ON RESTRAIN YOURSELF!!!" I watched them try to leave my grasp. I didn't want them to become the Vix again from last time. I grabbed their cheeks and pulled their face close to mine.

I was shaking in fear hoping they wont lash out. I feel myself slowly turn red. Vix eventually calms themselves down and hugged me. "I'm sorry. It got to me again." Vix said. "It's okay. Lets just rest for now." I smiled and felt them stroke my hair. "Yeah.."

We didn't talk for a bit, Vix looked like they wanted to say something though.

"I love you." I said quietly, hoping to cheer them up.
"I love you too." Vix and I got closer to each other,

"Please don't lie to me anymore."
I nod, "I will not lie anymore."

I think I've forgotten what happened way earlier before all this happened, but it's a great feeling that I've forgotten? Moving on.

We cuddled after.

-
I wake up to Vix gone right next to me.
Their warmth was gone and that is when I realized.

I get up, and see the bathroom door closed with the lights on. "Vix" I call out their name.
"Vix" I say again.

I get up and open the door, and found Vix on the ground.

I panicked, "Vix! Wake up..wake up.." I shake them.

"Ngh.." Vix grunts, and opens their eyes.

"What happened?" I ask.

They did not respond,

Vix looks away from me,  "Get out, I want to be alone."

"Why? Was it something I did-"

"No." Vix cuts me off.
"Just get out, please. Mercury."

"..tell me..what happened?" I close the bathroom door.

"Nothing, went in here, and accidentally fell asleep I guess." Vix looks around.

"Tell me the truth." I stare at them, feeling anger slowly rise. "Remember?"

"Okay. Sorry. I wanted to be alone, because I felt down. I felt down about..um.. Not doing much for you and not being there with you as  much, and always harming you. I admitted while in the reality that I have always completely lost it and pushed myself into insanity. I thought you would fear me....I'm not like Cross and their allies......I felt like, you were going to get stressed about it and- I." Vix stops and breaks into tears. I grab their arms.

"Don't think like that. I will still love you no matter what. Remember what I said? You will always make me feel better, you make me happy no matter what YOU do. Plus...you don't even remind me of Cross...not even Static, Void, or Abyss - or anyone we faced..." I hug them tightly, I feel them wrap their arms around me. "I'm so glad to hear that. I'm really glad. I..I love you" I hear them say.

"Love you too." I let them go.
As I look around the bathroom, I noticed that there were  scissors  on  the  ground.

"What did you use the scissors for?" I grab Vix's shoulders and shook them. Their head was down.

"It's ok."
"I didn't hurt myself this time."

I sighed in relief and hugged them again. Vix also did too.

After that, we went back to bed together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53 21 16
Eris's world is turned upside-down after she learns about her biological parents and that she isn't exactly human... ○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○ Warning ⚠️...
229 41 13
It was an average day during 6th grade, but things take an unexpected turn. It was just a lockdown, they thought, or was it? This exciting story will...
2.2K 292 193
At the meager age of 27, a young man lost his life in an unfortunate accident but by the mischievous tides of fate, he was a given a second chance at...
108 1 2
"Blood begets blood, revenge begets revenge." ---- Watching her mother burn alive and being forced to work as a servant for a cruel noble family was...