An Owl House Fanfiction (Empe...

By BrittaDreamer

A few weeks after Luz arrives in the Boiling Isles, there was another human. However, she lands in the Empero... More

Prologue: Sleeping Beauty
Part 1: Dawn
Part 2: Awakening
Part 3: New Life
Part 4: Confrontation
Part 5: Silbi
Part 6: Emptiness
Part 7: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 1
Part 8: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 2
Bonus Chapter: Oracle Dream
Part 9: The Witchling Moves In
Part 10: Settle Your Claws
Part 11: Midnight Discussion
Part 12: The Wild Witch
Part 13: A New Season
Part 14: Feels Like a Dream
Part 15: The Training Begins
Part 16: Powerlessness
1st place?! Whooo!!!
Part 17: Unicorns, Gnomes, and Frogs! Oh, My!
Part 18: Prince Charming
Part 19: Lost in the Music
Part 20: Hunter and Silbi Moments [UPDATED 1.0!]
Part 22: Distrust
Part 23: Luz and the Dream Spell
Part 24: Philip Wittebane pt. 1
Part 25: Philip Wittebane pt. 2
Part 26: Darius and Terra
Part 27: The Head of the Abomination Coven
Part 28: Jealousy
Part 29: Prophetic Nightmare
Part 30: . . . Friend?
Part 31: Yulong, Silbi and Belos
Part 32: Empress and the Blights
Part 33: Belos and Dawn
Part 34: Precautions
Part 35: Lore and More
Part 36: Hollow Mind pt. 1
Part 37: Hollow Mind pt. 2
Part 38: Hollow Mind pt. 3
Part 39: Separation
Part 40: Hurt
Part 41: Broken
Part 42: Torment
Part 43: Silbi Sliverling and Thy Creature
Part 44: Lucid Tales of Grim Romance
Part 45: Deceitful Lovers pt. 1
Part 46: Deceitful Lovers pt. 2
Part 47: Bountiful Heart pt. 1
Part 48: Bountiful Heart pt. 2
Part 49: Day Before Unity
Part 50: The Day of Unity pt. 1
Part 51: The Day of Unity pt. 2
Part 52:The Day of Unity pt. 3
Part 53: The Day of Unity pt. 4
Part 54: The Human Realm

Part 21: Raine Whispers and Doubt Sprouts

1.3K 46 18
By BrittaDreamer

(I!! AM!!! BACK, BABY!!! Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the episode! Watch it now! I've been dying to write more Belos fanfic!!! And it looks like we're gonna see and/or learn more about Belos for the rest of this season. Can't wait!!! Working on the next chapter because it was getting too long for today's chapter. ENJOY!!!)

Some weeks ago . . .

"Thank you, Mx. Whispers, for letting me borrow this book on bard magic," said Dawn to the head of the Bard Coven, Raine Whispers.

They reply, "Anytime, Dawn. I'm happy to help."

Dawn asks, "How is Silbi during your private sessions? I hope she hasn't caused any trouble."

"None at all! She's very well-behaved and surprisingly smart for a 5-year-old," said Raine. "She seems to give trouble to Darius though."

"Oh, gosh. I heard," said Dawn embarrassed and recalling the "incident" with the head of the Abomination Coven.

Raine chuckles and comments, "She's quite rebellious, but only when necessary, I think. I'm still surprised Emper Belos has allowed you two to stay here at the castle."

"Is it really that surprising?" asked Dawn.

"Only a little, but I think it's a good thing," said Raine. "By the way, Dawn, have you met any of the other coven leaders?"

"Only that day when you all came to see Silbi," answered Dawn, "But not one-on-one."

"Ah. Got it," said Raine and then asked, "Have you ever stepped foot outside the castle, Dawn?"

Dawn stops her tracks with Raine while hesitant with her answer. She replies, "No, but I would like to. It's just I have this curse on me that might make things difficult. I would need supervision if I go outside. It's not drastic but I don't think I should be alone."

Raine stares at Dawn while being reminded of someone else. They then thought of something and a curious look fills their face. Raine asks, "Why don't you come to my ceremony, Dawn? I'm sure Emperor Belos would let you go."

"Ceremony?" asks Dawn.

"I'll be officially declared as the Head Witch for the Bard Coven," explained Raine. "Scooter Crane is retiring and I've been chosen as his replacement. I would be honored if you and Silbi could come. I want to talk with you more about other things if possible. Will you come?"

"I . . . I'm not sure. I would love to! But do you think Belos will let me?" asked Dawn.

"I'm sure he would be okay with it," said Raine. "And it would be educational for you and Silbi. What do you say?"

Dawn thought about it for a minute before nodding with a smile.

"Great!" said Raine as he smiles back and leaves the castle. "Don't forget to bring Silbi! I'm sure she would love it!"

Dawn waves back at Raine Whispers and watches them leave before heading back to her room.

After Raine's announcement as Head Witch . . .

Raine pants heavily after running off stage and escaping from the camera. They lean down and grasp their knees to catch their breath when Raine saw a pair of tiny feet. They look up and see Silbi holding Dawn's hand while Silbi sucks her thumb in her other hand. Steve was their escort for the day.

Dawn giggles and comments, "That was smooth. Are you okay?"

Raine groans and tries to compose himself before exclaiming. "Oh, I can't believe I said that! That was so embarrassing!"

"You'll get over it," said Dawn reassuringly.

"Congrats, friend!" chirped Silbi.

Raine laughs lightly and bends down one knee to pat Silbi's head. "Thank you, Silbi. I'm glad you two made it. Let's talk real quickly."

"About what?" asks Dawn curiously.

"Well . . ." Raine glances at Steve when Silbi pulls on his sleeve.

Steve replies, "Yes, Silbi?"

Silbi said, "Popcorn, pwease!"

"Understood!" exclaimed Steve determinedly and pumped. "Popcorn for Silbi comin' right up! Extra buttery! Steve awaaaay!!!"

The three of them watch Steve storm off while two of the adults stare down at Silbi. She rubs her small tummy and looks up at the adults. "Me tum-tum demands salty."

"O . . . kay then?" said Dawn before turning to Raine. "So what did you want to talk about? You couldn't tell us at the castle?"

Raine's face grows a little serious and his tone a little firm. After checking his surroundings he replies, "No. I wanted to talk with you two in private, but we have to hurry. I have somewhere to be. N-N-Not in a rude way! This involves that!"

Dawn raises a brow and tilts her head confusingly with Silbi copies her. Raine groans before taking the girls away from the area and away from Kiki and the other coven leaders.

Dawn faces Raine surprised after learning about their rebellion. "What? Join the B.A.T.s?"

"Yes," said Raine and explains seriously, "I want you and Silbi to join me. For one thing, I don't like the idea of Belos having someone like Silbi in his castle. It's way too dangerous to have her near him. Silbi has incredible power and Belos could easily use that on the Day of Unity. We can hide you and Silbi and protect you two from him and his guards."

Dawn shows hesitance about this and glances at Silbi, who plays with her gator doll. She knew very well what Raine said was true but Dawn couldn't find it in her heart to leave Belos. Raine saw this and adds, "Dawn, you should know how dire this is. Think of Silbi. Think of those wild witches who have been petrified!"

"Petrified?" repeated Dawn confused while Silbi looks up at the adults.

Raine blinks and stares at them before realizing. "Oh, Titan. You don't know?"

"What happened?" asked Dawn, whose face turns white after remembering Silbi's grandmother.

"Emperor Belos petrifies any witch who refuses to join a coven," said Raine grimly. "All wild witches will turn to stone."

Dawn gasps while Silbi whimpers and cling to her adoptive mother. "Mama?"

Dawn looks down at Silbi and her heart breaks more; she had forgotten her promise to Silbi's grandmother.

Raine watches Dawn's expression and finally said, "Dawn, I don't want you or Silbi getting hurt. You're both innocent in this. I'm offering you two a chance to escape the Emperor's Coven."

"W-We can't . . . B-Belos is too strong," said Dawn unconvincingly.

"I'll be Head of the Bard Coven! I can cover your tracks!" countered Raine.

Silbi asks Dawn, "Are we leaving papa, mama? And Hunter?"

Dawn couldn't think straight from this sudden shock and just when Raine was about to try again to convince her the Heads of Abomination and Beast Keeping came in.

The Head of Abomination, Darius, speaks first. "There you are, Raine Whispers. Oh, Lady Dawn . . . and the messy pup."

Silbi frowns at Darius but isn't in the mood to argue cutely. Eberwolf greets Silbi cheerfully since she was a favorite among the students but notices her depressing frown.

Raine sighs, "I have to go. I hope you'll think about it, Dawn."

Raine Whispers leaves Dawn and Silbi and returns to the other coven leaders. However, one of them stays behind and goes to introduce herself to Dawn.

"My, my. Aren't you a pretty little rosebud? You must be Lady Dawn, the human."

Dawn blinks and looks up to meet the Head Witch of the Plant Coven, Terra Snapdragon. When Dawn first saw her the first time she viewed this witch as the motherly type. But there was something about that voice that gave Dawn a slight shiver up her spine; all motherly love was gone.

"Um, hi there? Um, sorry, but I don't think I know your name yet. Still learning all y'all's names," replied Dawn while Silbi frowns a bit at the elder.

"Terra Snapdragon, at your service," said Terra and bows her head respectfully. "I teach young Silbi here plant magic."

Silni blows a small raspberry at Terra and hides her face in Dawn's chest. Dawn raises a brow while Terra laughs lightly in amusement.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you," said Dawn politely.

Terra smiles at Dawn yet despite the friendly gesture there was something cold about it. She then asks, "Is everything alright, child? You look forlorn."

Dawn lowers her eyes to the ground while holding Silbi close. She sighs, "I just have a lot in my mind, that's all. You know, parenting? Heh heh . . ."

"So I see," said Terra before adding, "You know, Dawn, Emperor Belos has told me you love gardening. Perhaps you and Silbi could visit my greenhouse someday. I could even teach you a few spells that even a human like you can do."

"Thank you. That's really nice of you to offer," replied Dawn and gave a small smile.

"No!" squeaked Silbi.

"Silbi?" Dawn stares at her adopted child while Terra chuckles and replies, "Oh, don't be that way, my blossoming child. The emperor only wants what's best for you. Both of you. Now . . . Did Raine Whispers say anything to you, Dawn? Something to make you wither with worry."

Dawn stares at Terra for a moment and hugs Silbi a little closer. She quickly thinks of an excuse and answers, "Y-Yeah! They REALLY wanted Silbi to join the Bard Coven! Ha! But we're still thinking about it, you know? Haha! Silbi seems more interested in Beast Keeping, so . . . yeah! Nothing weird!"

"Goo?" Silbi coos innocently.

Dawn smiles nervously; she may have doubts but Raine trusted her in telling the rebellion. She, at the very least, shouldn't expose them. Terra stares at Dawn before smiling. "Alright. If there's nothing else, then I'll take my leave. I do hope we can meet again, Lady Dawn."

"Same," said Dawn and watches the Head of the Plant Coven leave.

Steve comes back with a bag full of buttery popcorn before bowing to the departing Head Witch that passes him. Dawn let out a heavy sigh while Silbi clings to her. Gazing down at her ring, Dawn couldn't decide what to do despite knowing the right choice: stay with Belos or leave him with Silbi?

After the ceremony, Dawn and Silbi return to the emperor's castle. Dawn asks Steve to take Silbi back to their room while she went to talk with Belos. She goes to the throne room and the moment she opens the door she sees Belos with a witch's staff. Dawn learned about palisman from Steve and recalls Lilith having one, too. Despite knowing so little of them Dawn thinks they're adorable.

She was about to take a step in when Belos breaks the staff and absorbs the green magic inside. Dawn stops. She had seen this before but she didn't know anything back then. Realization finally hits her and she runs away.

Emperor Belos stares back at the doors ominously . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 1K 42
Luz thought it was finally time to leave the Boiling Isles and go back home. Once she got back, Camila didn't agree with her sneaking off for the Sum...
17K 419 11
(COMPLETED AS OF 10/02/22) One of the youngest in the Emperors Coven, y/n strives to do good for her cause and prove herself to the Emperor. Can she...
476 14 13
Something foul is happening on the Boiling Isles, and Dark Magic is suspected. This not only grabs the attention of Luz and her friends, but a certai...