I Will Protect You (Josuke x...

By FreeFlyer68

Y/n was close friends with Josuke Higashikata in the town of Morioh. Without having a stand she was left defe... More

A Turtle
It's Called a Stand
Friends
Angelo the Rock
Death by an Arrow
Waking up Differently
A Father's Love
The Nijimura Brothers
Dating Josuke Higashikata
A Lock of Guilt
Hazamada's Surface
Meeting Koichi's Girlfriend
A Love Letter
True Love
Delicious and Authentic Italian Food
Death and Resurrection
Akira Otoishi
It's Today
A Baby Stand
A Visitor to Morioh
Heaven's Door
A Blinded Rage
A Normal Day in Morioh
Another Meeting
A New Stand User
Morning Tea
A Fight For Love
Shigekiyo Yangu: Harvest
Yoshikage Kira
A Vow of Silence
Casper: The Not So Friendly Ghost
Leaving the Murderers House
Three Words
A Friendly Alien
A Cheated Game
Feet
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 1
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 3
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 4
The Aftermath
The Killer Known as Yoshikage Kira
The Summer of 1999

July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 2

1.3K 79 14
By FreeFlyer68

Your body ached as you slowly pushed yourself up. Your vision was blurry, and you couldn't tell your surroundings. You blinked a few times, and finally, your eyesight cleared. You looked around and saw that you were lying on the sidewalk surrounded by rubble. You pushed yourself up. You could taste the blood that left your mouth, and you placed your hand on your head and looked at your palm. There was blood on your hand, and you knew your injuries were critical.

   " Someone call the hospital! "

   " Someone was just hit! "

You looked towards the road and saw that everyone your stand protected was safe, and the driver had stepped out of his car. Someone was arguing with the man while people gathered to look at you and the vehicle. 

   " Are you alright? "

An older woman stepped to your side and touched your shoulder. You nodded your head, but you knew this wasn't ordinary.

   ' People get hit by a car everyday, but here in Morioh, there's a small percent that this is the work of a stand user. That's just enough to convince me, to be on guard. '

You stood up slowly and propped yourself against the wall. Your legs felt like jelly, and everything hurt, but you didn't want to stay around the people who were gathering at the scene.

   ' I can't stay here. These people could be injured if this is a stand attack. I need to get somewhere away from them. '

Slowly you started walking through the crowd to get out of sight. Many people tried to stop you, but you didn't want to be near them if they were the user. You relaxed against another building, deciding to wait for an ambulance. 

   ' At least there, the space is limited, and I'll know that the paramedics will help me and are not trying to hurt me. I won't be able to get far this injured. '

You wished Josuke was there to heal you, but you knew you couldn't expect him to be there. By this time, he was in summer school, far from where you were. An ambulance came, and two paramedics picked you up from the ground and placed you on a gurney. They set the gurney into the ambulance and drove you to the hospital. On the way, they started checking your vitals and wrapping up your injuries. THey first wrapped your upper left arm after taking the glass out of your skin. You were wrapped up, and they started to assess you.

   " The only thing fatal is a broken rib, but besides that she should be fine. "

   " That's good. You're a lucky young lady. It could have been a lot worse. "

You felt the bandages around your arms get tighter, and your skin felt tight. 

   ' They shouldn't be this tight should they? '

You looked down at your arms and saw the bandages squeezing your arms tightly, and they were starting to cut off blood. The bandaging around your head started to give you a headache, and you grabbed one of the paramedics and brought them towards your bandages.

   " We didn't tie them that tight! We need to remove them! "

Blood pooled from your wrapped wounds, and you could feel the blood circulation getting cut off. The paramedics tried, but they couldn't remove the bandages.

   ' Screw this! '

Shining Knight formed and brought its sword down on your bandages. The blade cut off all of your bandages, leaving minor cuts in your skin. You removed the bandages from your head and sat up on the gurney. 

   ' This is defiantly the work of the stand user.  They waited until Josuke was away from me, so he couldn't help me, or heal me. They're smart. '

You looked around the ambulance, at everything they had, and wondered which one of the three men in the ambulance was the stand user. Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps on the top of the ambulance.

   ' They're above! '

You stood up from the gurney while the paramedics protested, and you kicked the door at the back open. You gripped the edge of the ambulance and looked for a way to escape. You decided to let your stand grab onto one of the light poles passing by and pull you out of the ambulance. But as you thought this, the ambulance started to speed up and swerve on the road.

   " June, what are you doing? " One of the paramedics yelled towards the driver.

   " I--I don't know! It's steering itself! I'm not doing any of this. "

It was fast, but you knew you had to take a chance. Shining Knight formed and grabbed onto one of the light poles, pulling itself and you away from the ambulance. The ambulance then crashed into one of the buildings, and the paramedics fled the ambulance. Your eyes looked to the very top of the ambulance, and you saw someone standing on the roof. She was tall, and her hair was a light yellow color, while her eyes were pale yellow. She jumped from the ambulance and started walking towards you. She didn't wear shoes on her feet, and she wore a skirt that touched her ankles, but it was split on the side, revealing her left leg. Her shirt hung low and revealed her collar bone, and it was cropped at her midsection. The crop top was white, with the top edges were red and folded downward. Your breathing was ragged, but your eyes were set on her.

   " You're being difficult. " She said.

You wanted to speak, but you kept your mouth shut, remembering why you couldn't talk. You had lost your notebook, as well, in the accident, so you had no means of communication. 

   " You're wondering who I am, yes? My name does not matter, but you may call me Mary. "

Mary folded her arms, and her hands rested on her elbows. Her face was blank, with no expressions ever appearing on her features. Beside her, a stand spurred and showed itself. The stand had feminine features, and the hair on her head was as long as her height was tall. There were no eyes but black pools that made you think of an abyss. Her skin was purple, her hair was pink, and a jumpsuit on her body looked like it fused with her skin. There were no shoes on her feet as the owner, but her hands were different. The palms were typical, but the fingers were a little longer than average, and the nails touched the ground.

   " This is my stand, I call her, Maryanne. "

   ' They almost have the same name. I can assume she doesn't want me to know her identity if she's going to make their names so close. '

   " Would you like to know my stand's abilities? "

   ' Why is she telling me all of this? Didn't she just try to kill me multiple times? '

Shining Knight formed and started to cut into the ground, your question. Mary read it and stood straight.

   " I'm telling you because no matter what I'm going to win this battle. And you will be left in the dirt to bleed out. "

Confidence was flowing out of her body, and you could feel yourself sweating. Your injuries were starting to take a toll on you, and you felt terrible. You didn't like the situation you were in.

   ' This is going to be difficult. '

While you glared at Mary, on the other side of Morioh, Josuke and Koichi had just been saved by Yuya Fungami and his stand Highway Go Go. Josuke called a cab, and the three climbed in, and Josuke handed a book (who used to be Terunosuke Miyamoto, the stand that was supposed to kill Koichi) to Yuya Fungami. Koichi got a call on his phone and answered it. When Koichi's call was finished, he turned to Josuke in the back seat.

   " Rohan just called me. He said he's in trouble. "

   " Koichi, go check on Rohan. Okuyasu and I are going to search for Y/n. "

   " Y/n's in trouble too!? "

   " Yeah. She is, and I don't know where she is. "

Josuke tried calling your cellphone, but you weren't answering. Your phone wouldn't receive any calls because it was destroyed when the car hit you in the accident. The cab drove further into town, but the commotion was blocking the way for the taxi to go.

   " Woah, what happened there? " Okuyasu questioned.

They couldn't see anything that was going on. They only saw a wrecked car and the police. Josuke yelled for the cab driver to stop, and they got out, running towards the crowd. Koichi ran to help Rohan, while Josuke and Okuyasu ran with Yuya to see what had happened. There was a lot of blood on the ground, and it looked like the car had hit someone, but the person hit wasn't there. 

   " Excuse me, what happened here? " Josuke asked one of the people in the crowd.

   " A woman was hit, by that car. She was flung into that wall, but she woke up and started walking away. An ambulance came and took her to the hospital a while ago. It's a miracle she's a live, and the people around her. "

   " How many more were injured? "

   " It was just her. It's weird, because there were at least three people around her, that should have been hit, but she was the only one that was injured. "

   " Josuke, that sounds like Y/n's stand. It's main tactic is to defend those around her. " Okuyasu said, grabbing Josuke's shoulder.

Josuke looked at the pool of blood before spotting your broken cell phone on the ground. He clicked the buttons a few times, but it was utterly broken. He also spotted your notebook nearby, and his adrenaline picked up the pace. Josuke cursed in his head, and he turned to Yuya to try and find you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363 15 10
No man is an island. Even the strongest people could use a companion by their side-and Jotaro Kujo, whether he liked it or not, would have to deal wi...
5.5K 324 26
It is two years before the events of Stardust Crusaders. Aria is working under Joseph Joestar as his assistant. As a person who is dedicated to her p...
30.5K 1.1K 17
(F/n) (L/n); an average, 3rd-year student who minds her own business. She didn't like drama because it wasn't her 'thing'.She never expected to be in...
781 65 49
Hiroko Hoshino is just your average 17-year-old girl, but her whole world gets turned upside down when she is shot with a mysterious arrow that gives...