Red String

Door namelesswriter0316

Two souls from two different places, each with underlying past, meet in an unexpected time. Will they heal or... Meer

The Beginning
Meeting You
Start of Something
Comfort
Getting To Know
Refuge
Unexpected Visitor
Conflicting Feelings
Jealousy and Accusations
Confessions
Noona is My Woman
Officially Dating
Distance
Returning Home
Staying Together
Meeting the LEEs
Assurance
Happy Moments
Sacrifice
On the Verge
Ray of Hope
Rescuing Suryeon
This is a survey!

Acceptance

205 14 9
Door namelesswriter0316

After the meeting, Logan went home immediately worrying if Suryeon is okay. As he entered the house, he heard sweet laughters coming from the kitchen. He sneaks in to see what's going on and saw the two ladies close to her heart having a cooking show of their own. He was right, her sister will surely like Suryeon. He doesn't want to interrupt what their doing so he just stood by the door of the kitchen and just stared at them smiling when Anna noticed him.

"Oppa, you're here!"

"Oh, jagiya! How long have you been there?"

"Not that long" he said approaching the kitchen island.

"Sorry we didn't notice you" Suryeon apologized.

"Yah we're kind of busy here" Anna said while pointing to the soft chocolate brownies they baked.

"Wow did you bake that?" Logan asked.

"Uh-uh, Suryeon unnie taught me"

"Unnie?"

"Yes, she's now my unnie because she's your jagiya, right?" Anna teasingly answered his brother. "And don't worry I asked for her permission" she looked at Suryeon smiling widely.

Suryeon smiled back. "Ne. She's the cutest little dongsaeng ever"

"You two. I'm starting to get envious" Logan pouted.

"Don't be because we bake this for you" Anna handed him a big slice of the brownie. "Have a taste, oppa. It's so good. Unnie is the best cook! Even better than those in the Michelin restaurants"

"Yes, I agree to that! She's the best of the best!" Logan winked at his blushing girlfriend.

"That's too much you two... but thank you" Suryeon said shyly.

Logan took a big bite of the brownie, "Omo! This is really good!"

"You like it?" Anna asked.

"Super like it. Good job my two lovely ladies"

"Seems we're missing the fun" Mrs. Lee entered the kitchen with Stella.

"Halmeoni, Eomma, glad you're here! Come and taste this special brownie that Suryeon unnie and I baked" Anna excitingly approached them and grabbed their hands bringing them to the kitchen island. Suryeon bowed at them and gave them slices of the brownie. She became anxious all of a sudden upon seeing Stella for she still doesn't know if she already approves of her or not.

Stella took a bite and surprisingly she liked it. "This is so delicious! So soft and moist, not too sweet. I love it"

"I told you, Suryeon is my head chef, she's really good" Mrs. Lee proudly said.

"She is" Stella agreed smiling. "Can I join you both in your next cooking class? I think I have to enhance my kitchen skills"

"Yes, eomma join us! Unnie said she'll teach me one of her secret recipes"

Suryeon can't believe what is happening. Logan's mother liking her food and asking for a personal cooking lesson from her. From cold stares a while ago, she's now becoming soft to her.

"It's my privilege to share it to you, ma'am" she said tears almost forming in her eyes.

Logan can't also believe what he's hearing and seeing. Her mother and sister liking Suryeon. If it's a dream, he would never want to wake up. He's so happy especially for her because he knows she deserves to be accepted and loved like this, something that was deprived from her before.

"Only appa is left. And I'll do everything for him to accept her" he told himself.

After eating dinner and cleaning up, they've decided to call it a day.

"Jagiya, just sleep in my room. We won't be doing anything and just sleep like in Pohang" Logan kept on insisting.

"Jagiya, we're in your parents' house so it's inappropriate to do that. Halmeoni permitted us before just because of your nightmares but you're now ok. Also, we're still earning your parents' approval, right?"

"Yes, you're right but... I don't want to be separated from you for too long" Logan pouted.

"Since when have you become a clingy baby?" Suryeon kissed his pouting lips. "Goodnight, my love. We'll see each other tomorrow" she said closing the door of the guest room.

Logan, in defeat, went to his room. Before he could enter, he received a call from Sec Hong.

"Sir, there's something you should know"

"What is it?"

"About Suryeon"

"Let's meet at the garden"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mr. Lee asked to check her background and investigate her" Sec Hong told Logan about his father's instructions.

"I knew he will do that"

"I'm sorry, sir"

"You don't have to. You're just doing your job. Did you already give the results to him?"

"Not yet. Would you like to check first so we can identify what to disclose to your father?"

"Anniyo. I don't want you to lose your job. My dad is good in finding things out. But can you just share it to me, so I'll know what to do"

"Arraseo. Here, I produced a separate copy for you"

"Thanks, Sec Hong. You have always been loyal to me"

"No problem, Sir. I'm okay with 30% increase"

"Haha, you got it"

"By the way sir, do you remember the ex-fiancé who Suryeon-ssi have mentioned before?"

"Yes, why?"

"I think you'll be shocked to know who he is"

Logan immediately browsed the papers Sec Hong has given him and was surprised on what he has read.

"I didn't know Mr. Joo have a son. He only introduced his daughter to us. If I only knew this before, I wouldn't have let them be our business partner" he ruffled his hair in annoyance and he felt like his head is going to explode in anger. "I won't forgive them for making Suryeon suffer. They will pay"

The next morning, Logan received an early call from his father. He instructed him to go to the office as soon as possible, together with Suryeon. Logan knew it. The documents are already with his father and he's going to discuss it to them.

He doesn't know how to tell Suryeon about it. Surely, she'll be hurt but what else can he do. His father is unstoppable in this aspect. He has always been so protective of his family and company. So, he told her about it as softly and calmly as he can.

"Jagiya" he held her hand and asked her to sit beside him. "Abeoji called, he wants us to go to his office"

Suryeon looks surprised and confused.

"Ahm... he asked to check your background and I think... he has the results already" Logan explained while caressing her hands.

Her face fell after hearing what he said. She's starting to be in good terms with his mother and sister, yet this happens. How can they like her after knowing who she is and her past? A woman who is a nobody, no family, no inheritance but only debts, battered fiancé who just escaped but is being hunt down.

Of course, Logan immediately noticed her anxiousness and he was so guilty of making her feel this way. "I apologize on behalf of my father. I personally don't agree on him doing background checking especially if it's not about business. But he has always been like that even with our friends. He's saying he just wants to protect us, our family. Still, not right. I'm really sorry, jagiya"

"It's okay. I understand him. He has all the right to protect you and your family. I'm just sad because I know he won't approve of us especially now that he already knows everything about me" she looks at Logan with sad eyes. "It's me who should be sorry. I'm sorry for making things difficult for you. I'm sorry for being nothing... but a distress"

"Hey, don't say that baby. You're a precious jewel in my eyes. Something that I will treasure and protect for the rest of my life" he cupped one side of her face and stroke her cheek. "No matter what my father will say, I'll never give up on you, never"

"Logan" she knows he's someone who'll stick to his words and that's what she's scared of. She doesn't want Logan to rebel against his family just because of her but she also doesn't want to lose him. Not knowing what to do, she just went with him to face whatever it is that is waiting for them.

It's 9am when they arrived at the company and as soon as they entered his father's office, James spoke, "so you are Suryeon Shim, the daughter of Sungdong Shim"

"Ye-yes sir" she said stuttering out of nervousness.

Unlike the cold gaze he has given her on their first meeting, James looked at Suryeon with compassion and he continued to spoke.

"He's my dearest friend, my hyung in college"

Suryeon and Logan was surprised to hear it.

"We are supposed to be business partners. But things happened which led us to have our own paths" he said with sadness in his eyes. "Haven't he mentioned anything about me?"

"Ahm" Suryeon tried to remember. "He mentioned before that he has a friend dear to his heart that he's longing to meet but cannot do so. Though, my father didn't give any details about that friend"

"I see. I'm just so sad that we haven't able to meet before he died" a tear escape from his eye. "I'm so sorry, Suryeon, for treating you that way. I didn't know you are his daughter. Forgive me"

"It's okay, Sir. There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm happy to have met one of my father's closest friends" Suryeon gave her warmest smile to James.

Logan can't believe what he's seeing and hearing. His father being so warm and gentle with Suryeon. This is not what they've expected to happen.

"Logan" his father called. "I know you already know that our business partner has something to do with Suryeon, am I right?"

Logan can't answer and just scratch his head.

"Mr. Hong is more loyal to you than to me that's why I'm not surprised if he has given you a copy of the documents" James said smirking. "But don't worry I won't fire him. I'm relieve that someone is loyal to my son"

Logan smiled. His father seemed tough, but he knows he has the softest heart.

"According to Mr. Joo, he has a son but he's currently not in a good condition and it's all because of her fiancé"

"What?! He said that?! Those bastard liars!" Logan said in anger.

"Logan, calm down" Suryeon told him softly.

"Don't worry, son. I know they're not telling the truth. I already have trust issues with that family. Unfortunately, we've signed a contract with them" James sighed. "Suryeon, can you tell me what exactly happened with you and that family?"

So Suryeon, with the help of Logan, told every evil thing that the Joo family did to her. She also told him about his father and the challenges on their business back then.

After knowing all of it, James' heart goes to Suryeon. He was so sad and regretful that he wasn't able to help his hyung's family. He's also very angry with the Joo family on how they maliciously treated Suryeon.

"I'm sorry to hear all of those. How I wish I was able to help your father. Why didn't he come to me? He's so stubborn until his death. But don't worry Suryeon, we won't let that family lay a hand on you again. Logan and I will protect you, you're now under our care"

Tears fall from Suryeon's eyes. After a very long time, it's only now that there are people willing to protect her. "Thank you so much, Sir! It means a lot. Thank you" she bowed several times showing his respect and gratitude. Logan then hugged her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both were very happy with the outcome of their meeting with Logan's father. They really didn't expect a good result, so they planned to celebrate. But before they leave, Suryeon went first to the ladies' restroom. As she is in the cubicle, she heard the employees talking.

"Did you see her? The lady who is with Mr. Logan?" one of the employees asked.

"Oh yes I saw her. Is she the girlfriend?"

"I doubt she is. I don't think Mr. Logan will date someone like her. She seems older and very simple" the other said.

"You're right. I preferred Mr. Joo's daughter instead. She's very sophisticated"

Hearing all of those, Suryeon's insecurities came back. She waited for them to leave the restroom so she can go out. As she looked into the mirror, she thought they are right. She isn't really the perfect match for a Logan Lee.

Flashbacks of yesterday suddenly appears on her mind - how Dantae force her to act and dress classy in front of people, how he is so embarrassed of her, how he can't accept who she really is. Her ex-fiancé has never been proud of her ever.

It's taking a while already and Suryeon is still not going outside the restroom. Logan is worried so he went after her and knocked on the door.

"Suryeon-ah, jagiya, are you still in there? Is everything ok?"

Suryeon snapped out from her thoughts upon hearing Logan's voice. She immediately wiped out her tears and went outside.

"Are you ok? You look pale? Did something happen?"

"I'm sorry jagiya. I just felt unwell all of a sudden. Can we just go home and celebrate some other time? I'm really sorry"

"Don't be sorry. It's okay. I'll take you home" Logan smiled and kiss her forehead.

As they went outside the building, she was so anxious with all the look from the employees that they are receiving but can't tell Logan about it. All the way going home, Suryeon was just quiet. She's happy that his father is already approved of them but is also upset on herself because of her insecurities.

Author's Note: Sorry for taking a while to update. Enjoy reading! Give me feedback 😊 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

9.7K 307 11
Yoo Jeongyeon, CEO of YJY Enterprise, a cold person (to others) but funny person (to her girlfriend, Nayeon.) But she have a secret. Nayeon, girlfrie...
124 33 14
Han Nayeon works as a ghostwriter in Hermes Tower, a prestigious company that offers solutions to problems. Choi Junhyub is the man she meets the day...
449K 24.4K 38
"𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝘁, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱." --- 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗥 𝗔𝗨 ☺︎
9.8K 267 22
LogRyeon's road to complete their family. But everything is not as easy as it seems. This is the sequel to Dreams. I recommend you all to read it fir...