A Chance at Love

By _yourstrulyv_

What the Baroness learned how to love and share the spotlight? What if someone turn her whole life around? Yo... More

I'll start this soon!
You...grubby girl...
Did I ask you to speak?
Get me lunch.
Second Time Around
A Plot
Black and White Ball
Sabotage
Closer
Pearls and Cocoons
The Night of the Parade
Confessions
Around a Month later...
Sick day
Newspaper 📰
Broken Glass
𑁍Is It Too Late𑁍
Go on, Apologize...
Catwalk
Something Unexpected

Stolen

805 37 9
By _yourstrulyv_

I was at the Baroness's house again, we were in her office talking fashion of course. We were sorting out the dresses for the next show.

Baroness: There's something about it that irritates me and I always trust my instincts.

Y/N: thought maybe if you tighten the silhouette...

Baroness: Oh, you thought, did you?

Y/N: I think it's better.

I showed her my notebook, she looked at it for a few seconds and responded.

Baroness: Actually, it is.

I smiled to myself satisfied, I looked back down and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. It was currently 11:23. 

Estella should be calling me in 3...2...1 *RING*

"I have to take this." I walked out the office, and picked up the phone.

"Hey, Stella where are you?" 

"I'm inside, a guy named Jefferey let me in. I'm at one of the stations right now."

"Right, look for a woman named Kaitlyn she'll show you the ropes of how everything works."

"Ok, Love you bye!"

"Love you to, darling." And with that we both hung up. I entered the Baroness's office, she looked at me and suddenly said.

"Time for my nine minute power nap." I nodded and grabbed two cucumbers, Something in general surprised me, she had a necklace that looked exactly like Estella's mom's necklace.

"Your necklace." I said out loud on accident.

"Oh. Family heirloom. Funny story, actually." She chuckled

"An employee once stole it." 

"She did not." I said acting like I was shocked, she bought it thankfully.

"Did she work for you?" I asked

"Mmm. Once. Years before. She stole this, was stupid enough to come back and then she fell off a cliff and died." She said without any emotion. I was a bit shocked, I thought she would at least say it with a little bit of emotion.

"How terrible." I whispered.

"Yes, it was, actually. It was during my winter ball and her death really overshadowed the whole thing." She laid down and put the cucumbers on her eyes.

"Who was the woman?"

"Not really the point of the story. The story's about how lucky I am, but anyway, she had a kid. Kid's a snowflake. Special, blah-blah-blah. It was a basic shakedown situation actually."

"Maybe she...Maybe she just really loved her kid." I said

"Maybe she only had one person to take care of and she failed dismally." And in that moment I knew how self centered she actually was, but there was a feeling inside my stomach drawing me closer to her. Should I let it continue?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the door burst open.

"Speak" The Baroness said

"Baroness, we have that meeting at the Ritz." he said slightly hesitant 

"Oh, for heaven's sakes." She sat up and threw the cucumbers at Roger.

"Necklace. Y/N, shoes" I quickly knelt down in front of her, for a second I though I saw her...smirk? I help her put it on.

"Come along."  Everyone followed her again, I go back to my seat to review some outfits.

At the end of the day the Baroness still hadn't came. So, I went home the whole night I kept tossing and turning, I got at least 5 hours of sleep.

"Morning, Mum-" Estella's eye's widened. 

"What?" I asked but I knew what she was going to say.

"Your eye's..." she bit her nail.

"I know! I look like a monster! What will the Baroness think of me!" I whined, Estella looked at me shocked and then she smiled.

"You like her don't you?!" She exclaimed. I scoffed, 

"I do not! She so self centered and ridiculously rude!" I retorted.

"Sure..." she said. After I got dressed me and Estella got into a cab and went to work.

I looked out the window and saw all the flowers, they were so pretty...

Anyway, I realized the car had come to a stop. I thank the driver and tipped him, me and Stella went our separate ways.

"Miss Y/N" Kaitlyn greeted from her station. I smiled at her, me and her have become very close it's like we are sisters.

I was soon called to the Baroness's office. 

"Ah, your late. Grab a pad." I quickly grabbed one and lined up with the rest of the people.

"I need 12 pieces, and I have..." she counted and ripped every single one down.

"Zero." She turned back around.

"I need ten pieces that work by 3:00 a.m." 

"Go."

Everyone hurried out of the office. But, the Baroness called after me.

"Y/N" I turned around and asked 

"Yes?"

"Your eye's..." she said

"I know, I know, I look absolutely terrible!" I said lower my head to the ground. The Baroness walked over to me. She took my face in her hands, She brought up my face so I had to look at her.

"Y/N..." she said as a tear rolled down my face.

"I'm sorry I just look hideous, revolting, horrible, horrendous, disgus-"I choked on sobs  as I ranted.

"Y/N stop saying synonyms for hideous. Because you are not, but if it really does mean a lot to you, I can do your makeup." She caressed my cheek.

"I'm sorry I just get really annoyed about my looks sometimes..." I said.

"Darling, you are beautiful so don't get annoyed about you're looks." She said. She took my hand and sat me down on the chair. She grabbed a few cosmetics from her drawer.

She sat there doing my makeup, she had to touch my face which I have to agree I kind of liked.

"There. All done" she smiled, for the first time I saw her smile, it caused my stomach to erupt with butterflies.

"Right. Thank you Baroness." I left the office and met Kaitlyn downstairs.

"I got you lunch." She handed me a bag with a sandwich, I smiled.

"Thank you, love you!" I hugged her, we both went outside and ate lunch.

—————-———————————————————————

Baroness's POV

I watched as she left, had I really fallen for this girl? Or is my heart really tricking me?

She went down the steps and met a girl at the bottom.

"Thank you, love you!" All of a sudden I got jealous, that girl...who is she? Is she Y/N's...?

UGH, I don't even want to say it.

All I know is that girl is not winning...

I looked on my surveillance camera, I saw Y/N was sketching something. Suddenly, I forgot about everything and focused on the show. I told guards to go get her,

"Oh, Y/N, I am surprised at you holding out on me" the guards left and closed the door to give us privacy.

"But I was on my lunch break in a public space."

"Yes, I own the alley."

"Really? You can own alleys?"

"Alleys, designs, people, their souls. same thing."

"Well, I seem to have found my new signature piece." she took her blade and cut off one of the pages of my sketchbook

"How do you like it?" I was stunned. That really was a step too far, 

"It's great Baroness, but I do have to add a few more details like the butterfly cocoons." 

"Oh, no darling we can't risk the unpredictable hatching." I was about to say something, but nothing came out I just simply walked away. But I will get my revenge...

A/N: I'm sorry if it's out of order I had to switch something's around to make the story work! Anyway don't forget to follow and vote! Bye my lovelies ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.7K 37
My name is Brooklyn Robert. I'm 17, head cheerleader since my freshman year, I have fair grades and people always compliment me on my looks even thou...
16.7K 734 17
Baroness von Hellman x Fem reader You're the Baroness' loyal assistant and the only person she can stand to be in a room with for more than 15 secon...
68.1K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...
37.5K 1.2K 16
Based off my imagine 'What Mothers Do' from my Demi Lovato/You Imagines. Sleepless nights, consuming depression, empty threats and frightening revela...