Denial

By HILLYEee

"This bond is a mistake. Even Thea Seléni knows that" Queen Ismena Aria Ariti of Ourà Fengàri feels a pull to... More

||ABOUT|| & Character aesthetics
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
✨ EPILOGUE ✨

XVII

35 6 0
By HILLYEee

*
*
*

As Demitri walked through the woods on his way back to the pack,he saw a figure moving towards the Crescent Moon Pack; his pack but whoever it was didn't smell like a wolf. The person smelled like a witch or a fae. He walked faster with hopes of catching up with them and finding what they were doing on that borders of the Wolf pack but before he got close, the figure vanished into thin air making him curse. He would find out whoever it was.

"Where have?-". Meena stopped abruptly and sniffed the air.
Demitri rolled his eyes. His sister had met him in his house just to question him.

"Oh, you were with your mate?" Meena asked with a trail of amusement in her voice.

"Excuse me, Meena. I have to rest." He ignored her question and tried to move past her but she stood in his way.

"I smell her all over you, Demitri. Did she finally accept?"

"If you must know, she may hate me more than she ever did before". Demitri said and successfully moved past his sister.
He didn't regret touching his mate however what was eating him up was how she'd hate him when the effects of the post-heat that made her want him wears off. He always managed to fuck things up even when he said he'd work things out. He wasn't going to get his wolf any time soon if he kept fucking up.

"Stop saying that. Wolves and witches and vampires aren't on good terms but it doesn't mean she hates you so much". Meena tried to comfort him.

"You have no idea how she looks at me, Meena. I know when someone hates me". Demitri argued.

"So what are you going to do? Give up and be lost?" Meena questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"It's too late for that. I need Adonis"

"What do you mean by that? You have your wolf don't you?".

Demitri looked away from his sister but answered anyway.

"She sent him to sleep"

"Shit"

"Yeah, shit"

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
Lina felt drained as she walked to Aria's wing. She didn't understand why she felt she sad when she realized she was supposed to administer Doukai's punishment. The reason was unknown to her but she guessed it was because she knew hurting him would definitely hurt her sister. And she would die before causing her sister pain.

She was surprised to find Aria sitting by her window, knees up her chest and her chin on her knees.

"Lina. Has the whipping ended already?".

"I'm sorry I couldn't. It would hurt me to hurt you in any way"

"Your whipping hurt a lot worse. I still regret it. I understand you would be performing your duty."

"I couldn't bring myself to do it."

"I understand you"

Lina stood watching her sister who stared outside the window. For the first time in a long time,they didn't know what to say to each other. Lina didn't want to bring up her mate or mark since that was probably the reason she looked so sad in the first place. The fates acted so unfair sometimes and none of them could understand why.

Aria turned when she couldn't take the silence anymore and caught her sister's eyes on her mark. Never in a million years did she think she'd ever be pitied by her sister. Even when the whole Queendom cast her pitiful looks whenever she went out to look for her mate and never found him after eighteen and many years after, Lina looked at her like a goddess. Maybe she was terribly doomed if the one person who always held pride for her suddenly pitied her.

"You pity me". She pointed out

"Aria-"

"Please don't deny it to make me feel better. You're better than that Lina"

"I wish I could help you"

"I know but there's nothing you can do is there?"

"Nothing. For now"

"Don't worry Lina. I'll figure something out"

"We. We, Aria. We'll figure something out"

"Don't make this your problem"

"You're also growing and you haven't found your mate. Maybe you should focus on finding yours. Even if it's a traitor,at least you'd find out early"

It was a low blow. It was really low but she needed Lina to stop worrying about her. Knowing her sister, what she said wouldn't move her but a girl could hope.

"You don't mean that. You don't". Lina argued

"I do. Please shut the door on your way out"
For a few seconds, she was shocked but she recovered from it soon. She decided to leave Aria alone for some time. She was obviously distressed but for the first time, even her presence wasn't helping.

"I'll be back tomorrow, Aria. We'll figure things out". Lina said and left quickly.

Aria put her face between her knees and let the tears she'd been holding in flow. Of course,she didn't mean to say any of those things to Lina or kick her out of her room though she wasn't completely wrong. It was only a matter of time. Dalcia would start pressuring her or maybe she wouldn't since she isn't the heir.
She wanted to curse the moon goddess for allowing oi moíres to toy with her. For pairing her up with someone she'd despise after years of thinking she was one of the unlucky moon creatures without a soulmate.
She was even being mean for no reason to her sister. That never happened. Well, not until she got involved with her alpha mate and her feelings were everywhere. She wanted to regret letting him touch her but she didn't. After all it was effects of post-heat causing her to crave the intimacy with him. Not that she wasn't feeling the same way since he left. She still hated him; she just didn't regret what they did.
Things got worse with every passing day. Her gums started aching more and magic drained her.

Just as she decided to get up from her initial position, her doors opened revealing her chosen mate. She didn't enjoy calling him that anymore. He took tentative steps towards her and stopped a few inches away from her. She said nothing as they stared at each other. She saw him differently now and it wasn't a good different. She used to think he'd hurt himself before hurting her but she had doubts as she looked at him. He looked perfectly healed from the whip. It came as no surprise to her knowing his relationship with Kyría Celma.

"Kardíà-". Doukai started

"Vasílissa Ismena. That's how a keeper addresses the queen of Ourà Fengàri". She cut him off sharply. A look of hurt flashed in his eyes but he nodded meekly.

"Vasílissa Ismena, I'm sorry for my behavior the last time. It won't happen again" He apologized

"It certainly won't" Aria confirmed making his eyes widen in surprise. He hoped it wasn't what he thought she meant.

"Kardíà, we've been through so much together. You know I'd never hurt you"

"But you did. That too without any reluctance. You're bad for me and bad for Ourà Fengàri"

"It was a mistake"

"A mistake I intend to prevent from happening ever again"

"Kardíà-"

"I believe the Vasílissa has made it clear your presence isn't needed. Not now, not ever. I suggest you leave before I make you". A new voice they both knew very well interrupted them.

Aria felt a little relieved. Not because she wanted him there but because he'd successfully get Doukai out of her face.

Doukai turned to look at Demitri with hateful eyes. He balled his hands into fists at his sides. He didn't want to lose his cool infront of Aria again but it wouldn't be easy with Demitri in the room.

"I only came to apologize, traitor". Doukai snarled.

"You shouldn't have to apologize for hurting her"

"And you think you're better?"

"I didn't say that. You may consider me a traitor but at least I wouldn't cause her pain on purpose"

"It was a mistake"

"That's your pathetic excuse?" Demitri growled. He was getting irked by the man facing him and he was grateful to Thea Seléni when he felt a punch in his jaw. He had to give it to him, he had a strong punch but it wouldn't match what he'd do to him.

"You're the pathetic one with a mate who doesn't want you". Doukai snapped and Aria gasped.

He recovered from the punch in a few seconds and grabbed Doukai by the throat, slamming him into a wall making him hit his head in the process.

"This a warning to stay away from her. She doesn't wish to see you" Demitri gritted out. Doukai could barely breathe so even though he looked like he was protesting, no words came out as he was dragged out of the room and left outside the door.

Demitri expected a scolding from Aria but he was surprised and quite alarmed to find her bent over, moaning in pain.

"Ismena". He rushed to her side. His breath hitched when she lifted her head. Her eyes were bloodshot and her fangs were out. It only meant one thing.

"Go". She hissed pushing him away from her

"No. I can't leave you here. Not like this". He argued and she glared at him.

"Leave!". She screamed, pushing him away but he only held her tighter.

"Let me help you".

"You can't. You'll get hurt"

"I won't, Ismena, let me help". He said cradling her face in both hands.

He was making it impossible for her to hold on and no matter how hard she fought, he didn't let go so she gave in, sinking her fangs into the skin of his neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 440 43
Book 2 of Mate of the Alpha. My mate was one of the most powerful Alphas in the world, one of the three brothers. No one would have known that he had...
211K 10.4K 111
"The Moon makes you a half... and then you find your mate. And together, the two of you, make a full" ***** It didn't start with a rejection. ...
21.6K 1.1K 64
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...
4.8K 209 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...