A Penny For The Girl

By HannahR987

After the death of her parents Brooke is sent to live with her cruel Aunt and Uncle and her spoilt cousin Che... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34

Chapter 33

247 9 4
By HannahR987

Myas POV

I felt the smile drop from my face. He played me, that sneaky old man played me. He was never going to give the company to Chad he just didn't want me with Tate, damn it he knew I was after the money. He was so convincing, telling me how much he wanted Tate to be self made like him. What a liar! I've never felt so angry in my life. I turned to look at them, Tate walking up onto the stage, and that smug cow Brooke grinning at me like she won. Standing there living the life I should be living. How the hell did she even get him to marry her so quickly? I had to date the trust fund brat for years before he proposed. Well it looks like I'm going to have to get him back. I've done it once and I'll do it again.

I walked out thinking about what to do next, Brookes not that great looking, compared to me she's utterly plain. Tate clearly still has feelings for me and I can always play on his emotions, crying always got me my way with Tate. He was so much easier to manipulate than Chad.

"Mya, baby" Chad calls me thinking I'd really want anything to do with him. He's such a loser.
"What do you want?" I demand.
"Baby, I love you. We can figure this out together baby, don't worry we'll be ok baby." Urgh! If he calls me baby one more time!
"Don't baby me, you clearly knew he wasn't going to give the company and you lied to me! I won't be with a liar Chad we are over." I turned my back to him so he knew I was done with this conversation. I had to figure out a way to seduce Tate.
"No, baby I thought you loved me." He whines like the child he is.
"Love you??!" I laugh in his face
"I've never loved you, how could I? You are nothing. You have nothing. And you will never be anything!" I say to him, looking him straight in the eyes so he knows how serious I am. His face falls because he knows the truth in my words.
"Chad, you always knew I was way out of your league." I sigh then walk back into the main room.

Brooke and Tate, the golden couple swaying to some cheesy song for everyone to see. Man it's sickening, staring into eachothers eyes, wait is he gonna kiss her? I better get over there quick.

I walked over to them making sure to make sure there's a glint of tears in my eyes.
"Tate, could I please talk to you for a minute" I ask him, fluttering my eyelashes in innocence for affect.
"Go away Mya, there is nothing you have to say that I want to hear." He flatly responds taking Brookes hand and leaving me stranded on the dance floor. Well that was just rude. Holding my head high and ignoring the stares I walk off the dance floor, it looks like I'm going to have to break them up first.

"You ruined us, you gold digging whore!"
I heard someone shout pulling my attention away from my thoughts. Some girl was making a scene but what intrigued me is that it was Brooke she was angry at. Well it looks like this is going to be easier than I thought.

I followed the girl out when she left planning to introduce myself. Smiling at my own genius I would take that money grabbing skank down then take my rightful place as Tates wife and I would enjoy every moment of it.

"Hi, I'm Mya" I introduced myself to the girl and the rather good looking guy holding onto her arm.
"Hello?" she answered slightly confused.
"I couldn't help hearing you talking to Brooke and I wondered if you wanted help in giving that pampered princess what she deserves?" I got straight to the point. I wasn't going to take my time, I wanted her out of the picture as soon as possible. The girl smiled, although it looked more like a grimace as I'm pretty sure she was out of it.
"I'm in."
"My names Chelsea and this is Shane, what do you have in mind?" She introduced them.
"Well I think the first thing we need to do is break them up, what do you know about her? Anything we can use?" I ask her.
"No, nothing that he doesn't already know. She's stolen my father's company from underneath him. I just don't understand it, we took her in and looked after her and this is how she repays us!" She continues looking close to tears. Urgh I hate emotional people. I notice this Shane guy pull her closer to him and rubbing her arm, which I would normally take as a loving gesture but considering he's staring at my cleavage and smirking I think it's more automatic than anything. My lips tilt up as I catch his eye raising my eyebrows suggestively. I can see the lust swirling in his eyes and I know tonight he'll be in my bed. I need some stress relief after today.

Anyway back to the matter at hand.
"Well Tate is insecure, if we can convince him that she's just after his money then we can cause some conflict. Once she's away from him it won't take me long to show him the kind of women he deserves." I was thinking out loud but by the look on Caseys face, or was it Cathy? Well whatever her name was it looks like she agreed.

We used my spare phone, I always kept a spare so Chad wouldn't see the other guys that text. I always keep my options open but so far none of them are as rich as Tate. It's always good to have a back up plan like for if the unexpected happens. Like today for example Chad didn't get the company so I've had to form another plan.

So using my spare phone the girl and I had a small text conversation and she saved my name as Brooke on her phone.

Chelsea: "Hey, listen, I'm really sorry about what I said earlier, I was just angry and had too much to drink. I would really like to repair our relationship and move on from this."

'Brooke': "What are you sorry for? You were right. You know me better than anyone, you really think I love him? I can't stand the guy. I got what I wanted, money and revenge on you all. I want nothing to do with any of you and I hope you enjoy poverty."

Satisfied with the texts Kelsie? Is that her name? and Shane, (who hadn't let go of her the whole time except to slip me his number.) They went back into the party to show Tate the messages while I waited, watching ready to step in and heal his broken heart. I smiled to myself at how easy this was going to be.

Walking back into the party I rolled my eyes as I bumped into Chad. He looked desperate, staring at me with sad eyes like that would change my mind.
"What do you want?" I demanded looking round to see where Tate was.
"You, baby, I want you. I'll do anything just give me a chance." He practically begged.
"You're pathetic!" I spat at him and walked off to see where the girl and her hot boyfriend went. As if I'd take Chad back, he was such a moron. I grew up poor and there was no way I'd ever live that way again. Yea, I had designer clothes, a swimming pool in my back garden and I went to a private school but that wasn't enough. I wanted more than that peasant life, I wanted boats and private jets like some of the girls in my school had, I wanted everything and the only way to get that was to marry rich. I deserved that life and I'll do anything to get it.

I scowled as I heard Tate and Brooke laughing with Talia and Zac. I can see Mr and Mrs White with them. Gosh I hated that Gracie woman, she never liked me. I only tried to seduce her husband a few times, I don't know what her problem was. How I laughed when she told Tate and he believed me, it was just a misunderstanding I'd said. It was laughable how blinded by love he was. That's why I know he'll come back to me, that kind of love doesn't fade. I can convince him that Chad manipulated me, he'll believe me, he always does!

I noticed hot stuff and his girlfriend following Tate as he broke away to go to the bathroom and I got excited. My plan was about to begin.

I followed and hid near them making sure to stay out of sight. I watched as Tate came out of the bathroom and was stopped by the pair.
"Tate, I'm sorry to interrupt you're evening but I just wanted to apologise for my behaviour earlier. I was angry and just had a bit too much to drink so I'm really sorry I made a scene. Congratulations on you're news." She smiled at him quite shyly.
She was good, I'd give her that.
"Thank you Chelsea." He said distracted.
Chelsea! That was her name. Not that it mattered she wasn't important enough to remember after tonight. What was she doing, he was walking away and she was letting him! Honestly do I have to do every...
"I text Brooke to apologise and I think you should see her response" She interrupted my inner rambling by talking to him.
I watched him turn around, eye brow raised in either disbelief or curiosity. She had her hands up, the picture on innocence on her face.
"A peace offering, that's all, you seem like a nice guy and I wouldn't want you to get caught up in all this." She continued.
"What are you talking about?" He sighed.
"Just look." She said handing him her phone.
I watched him take the phone and his brow creased as he started reading. I saw pain flash across his face before it quickly turned into anger. He pressed a few buttons and by the beep I heard come from his pocket I presume he screenshot the conversation and sent it to himself. Silently he gave Chelsea back her phone and turned to walk the other way away from the party. It would be easier to get him alone than I thought. Chelsea grinned at Shane and they left leaving me free to vacate my hiding place.

I followed Tate down the hall onto an outside balcony. Feigning ignorance I pretended to be surprised at seeing him outside.
"Tate, sorry I didn't realise you were out here." I said
"Go back to the party Mya, I'm not in the mood for you." He replied.
"Are you OK?" I ignored his rudeness and plastered a look of kindness on my face.
"No, I'm not and I would just like to be left alone." He responded agitated.
"Tate, for what it's worth I'm sorry, I can see you are upset and I want you to know that no matter what happened between us I will always care about you as a friend. I'm here if you want to talk." My features schooled into concern. I walked over to the balcony keeping quiet. He would talk, I know he would, he thrives on thinking people care about him.
"What is it about money that makes people cruel?" He asked.
"Money?" I asked looking confused like I didn't know what he was talking about.
"What's wrong with me Mya?" He asked looking genuinely heartbroken.
"Oh Tate, nothing is wrong with you, you are and incredible guy and any girl would be lucky to have your heart. I just wish Chad hadn't manipulated me the way he did then I never would have made the biggest mistake of my life. At least you have Brooke now to love you the way I did."
This was my moment and I would grasp it with both hands. I saw confusion cross his features then understanding as his face broke again. 'The way I did' I'd worded it that way to make it really sink in that she was only after his money and by the look on his face it worked.
"The way you did?!" He exclaimed. "So she's just after my money then?" He sighed already resigned to the idea. I was surprised to realise he genuinely loved her, I had to really make sure I put doubt in his mind or this might not work.
"I don't know Brooke." I started.
"But I don't see her look at you the way you look at her, she seems slightly indifferent when no one is looking and I've noticed she flirts with other guys behind your back." I added for good measure.
"She reminds me of how my mother was. So desperate for money and revenge she didn't care who she hurt in the process." I said with eyes downcast. He'd never met my mum so he didn't know she was nothing like that.
"I was so desperate to be loved because of her that I fell for anything and when Chad told me those things about you I was heartbroken. I'm so sorry I hurt you Tate, seeing you now looking so upset it kills me to know I'd made you feel like this once." My eyes finding his portraying just the right amount of sincerity to make him believe me.
"What things Chad said?" He asked his guarded stance relaxing.
"It doesn't matter now Tate, I now know they weren't true and I'm just sorry I believed them, I should've known you weren't like that. It shouldn't have taken for Chad to tell me tonight for me to know the truth, I should never have doubted you!" I answered my eyes glistening with unshed crocodile tears.
"You look surprised, I've grown up a lot since we were together." I chuckled letting a tear escape.
"So Tate, there's nothing wrong with you because the time we spent together were the best years of my life and I will cherish them forever." I had a face of regret as I looked into his eyes, then looking down as if I was ashamed of myself.
"You've changed" I heard him say.
I kept my face towards the floor as my smirk grew. Man he was so easy. Painting a look of hope on my face I looked up and smiled at him. "Yes I have."
"I'm going home now but I hope everything works out for you. If you don't mind I'll text you later to check if you're OK. Take care of yourself Tate." I said giving him a peck on the cheek. Turning to walk away I sashayed my hips knowing he was watching.

Today couldn't have gone any better. Before I fell asleep I sent him a text to make sure I would be the last thing on his mind tonight.

"Hope you're OK and feeling a bit better. Was really nice speaking to you tonight. Xx"

It wasn't long before my phone lit up with a response.

"Feeling much better. You really helped thank you for being there. Xx"

Smiling at his response I put my phone down, I would text him another time but for now he can wait. This isn't going to take long at all. I know he's easy to fool but I didn't actually think he'd crack that quickly. I fell asleep thinking of the next step in my plan.

Authors Note

Is that another chapter?!
Who hates Mya as much as I do?!
This chapter is dedicated to AnjaliAsha and fentonlj for your kind messages.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401 68 16
Jess has had a hard life. Her dad died at a young age and her mom blamed her for his death. Her mom remarried a creep who abuses her. Her step dad g...
199K 3.6K 43
๐Œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐š ๐’๐จ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž The billionaires daughter's dreams and fantasies of marrying for love crushed within a second as she finds herself helping...
2K 242 55
"So are we ever going to trust each other?" "Of course we will." He says while also leaning forward showcasing his smile and pearly whites. "So c...
222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...