Billionaire Diaries #2: Caleb...

By remixxzz

Caleb Acosta grew up in a fucked up family. His mother's a cheater, and so as his father. Now he's planning t... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Special Chapter

14.6K 457 50
By remixxzz

"MAGANDA BA?"

Kumunot ang noo ni Caleb sa narinig kay Freesia. Napatingin siya sa tinuturo nito.

"Crush mo 'no?" Tumawa pa ito.

He frowned again. He looked at the girl Freesia's pertaining. He knows her. A junior. And probably saw her in some parties.

"No. " Simpleng saad niya.

Freesia said she wants to know what School Fest looks like. He gave her a pass that's why she's here together with Zadrick and Phoenix.

"But.. " Humingi pa ito ng tulong kay Zad. "She's very pretty, Caleb! Hindi ko alam kung nasan ang rest room kanina but she accompany me there! Please, talk to her!"

He sighed. Freesia always wanted a girl friend. But until now, she doesn't have one since she's home schooled. Some do talk to her but usually with motives. Kaya naman sa mga pagkakataong may magustuhan itong kaibiganin, hindi sila makatanggi.

"Kausapin mo lang siya tapos introduce me!"

Phoenix shook his head. Nakita iyon ni Freesia.

"The last time you did that, your so-called 'friend' stole your mom's jewelries, " si Phoenix.

"He's right. You'll enter college soon so I'm sure you'll meet some friends. " Zadrick agreed to Phoenix.

Hindi na umimik si Freesia at tumango na lang. She silenty watch the band performing on stage.

Nagkatinginan sila nila Zad. Same thought in their mind.

Phoenix then curiously glanced at someone behind him. Napatingin rin siya roon. His eyes dropped to the girl Freesia's talking about. She looks shy. Nasa tabi nito ang dalawang babae. Ang isa ay tinutulak-tulak pa ito at ang isa naman ay may mga binubulong-bulong.

"Uhm.. hi!" Iyong nanunulak ang unang nagsalita. "Our best friend here wants to say something kasi uhm.. " Lumingon ito sa babaeng nasa gitna. "Kel, go on.. "

Nanlalaki ang mata ng babae ngunit hindi nakabawi nang malakas siyang itulak ng dalawang babae palapit. He stepped back because she's too near.

"H-Hi.. uhm.. I-I'm K-Kelly.. " She looks like crying. "I-It's nice to meet you!"

Caleb doesn't know what to reply. Obviously, the girl in front of her is a kid. 8th grade? Or 9th?

Zadrick moved. "Asnwer the girl properly. She might be a potential friend for Freesia, " bulong nito.

Because of what Zadrick said, his eyes went to Freesia who looks amazed looking at the girl.

Caleb took a deep breath.

"Caleb, " maikling pakilala niya.

The girl, who said she's Kelly, opened her mouth like she wanted to say something. But then, after some seconds passed, she still remain silent. Naririnig pa niya ang mga kaibigan nitong minomotivate si Kelly.

But he was shocked when the girl suddenly started crying. She looks embarrassed. She ran away so fast. Sinundan ito ng dalawang kaibigan. Nagsisigawan na sila doon sa field.

"Tinakot mo yata. " Phoenix chuckled.

Napangisi lang siya.

True to that, he's bothered by how the girl acted. That tears are bothering him. Did he really scared her? Wala naman siyang ginagawa.

"I think she likes you, Caleb. Sana gustuhin mo din siya para paggirl friend mo na siya, friends na din kami!" si Freesia, suddenly enthusiastic with the plans in her head.

"She's young. That's not going to happen. "

The hope in Freesia's face disappeared. Sinamaan siya ng tingin ni Zadrick. What? He's not doing anything.

"Okay. I understand. " She whispered. Zadrick cursed and glared at him more.

Freesia was always fragile ever since they were kids. She cry easily. She trust easily. And when people talk ill about her, she'll just cry but she won't defend herself.

Naiintindihan naman niya ang galit sa kan'ya ni Zadrick at Phoenix ngayon. Freesia shouldn't be too emotional because she'll have a hard time breathing. Pero hindi naman siya pwedeng magsinungaling. Caleb doesn't want Freesia to hope that there will be something going on with him and that girl, Kelly. That won't happen. Ever.

And that same year, Caleb often see Kelly in school and in social parties he attended to. And it's not like he's bragging, but the girl is very obvious.

She likes me. That's what he thought.

Katulad na lang ngayon.

Caleb went to her usual spot in cafeteria after ordering his food. His brows furrowed when he saw a sticky note on the table.

Good morning! I hope you're not having a stressful day. According to my research, senior students are full of workloads. You have your research or something so I, well, just want to see if you're fine.

Btw, your shoes looks good! You have a great fashion sense.

Love,
K

Caleb looked around and saw Kelly at their table with her friends again. The other girl is silent. And the another one was giggling like something is funny. He stared at Kelly. The girl didn't even bother to look away.

Gain some confidence, little girl?

He chuckled. Just some months ago. She isn't like that. She was shy to the point of crying. But now her eyes were brave and persistent.

What a change.

It was always like that. He'll see notes on his desk, on his locker and even in the computer lab. Is she a kind of a spy? How could she stick those letters without anyone knowing?

But sometimes, there's a change. Ngayon, wala si Kelly. Lumapit sa kan'ya ang dalawang kaibigan nito.

"Hi! Hindi pa pala ako nagpapakilala!" Sabi ng babaeng maingay at laging tinutulak-tulak si Kelly. "I'm Liliana. Just Lily. My mother owns a modeling agency in France and my father's a doctor. I'm a good judge of character. Kaya't alam ko talaga na lahat ng mga kaibigan ko ay mababait. Diba?" Tumingin pa ito sa isang kaibigan.

"Lalo na si Kelly. Never talaga 'yon nang-away! Tsaka hindi spoiled. Hindi rin nagkokodigo kapag may test at never nagpagawa ng assignment!" Lily added.

Naguguluhan siya. What does this girl wants to say..

"I-I'm Eli. " Nauutal na sabi ng babaeng laging tahimik. "Uh, I've known Kelly for years and uh, she's very kind. "

Nanliit ang mata niya. Is Kelly paying these two for that much compliments?

Talking about the little devil. Where is she? Sick?

Tumikhim si Eli. "S-Sana pansinin mo na siya. Medyo heartbroken kasi siya ngayon kasi hindi mo pinapansin. "

What? So it is his fault, huh? What did he do? It's not like Kelly told him too respond to those letters. Hindi naman.

Lily nodded to Eli's words. "Yeah. She's very sick right now. Napagod siguro siya magsulat ng mga letters. Tapos hindi mo naman pinapansin. "

What's wrong with these girls?

"I hope you'll atleast be grateful with her efforts. She's really trying, " si Lily.

Caleb shrugged. He doesn't owe anyone. So it shouldn't concern him.

But no. Throughout the week, he was too bothered. Is she really that sick? It's been a whole week.

"Girlfriend?" Logan asked him one time. He's with Freesia. They are waiting for everyone when Logan, a friend from the equestrian club before, approached him.

It was too unusual for Logan to do that. But then he remembered, Logan is Kelly's brother.

"A friend, " he replied.

Kumunot lang ang noo nito at umalis na. Hope he won't spread any fake informations. It's not that Logan's nosy. But who knows.

It was monday. Papunta na siya sa building nang makita niya si Kelly na mukhang may hinihintay. She doesn't have her friends with her. Which is weird.

"Hi!" she greeted when he went passed on her.

Tumango siya. He doesn't know how to converse with a kid.

"U-Uh, can we talk?"

Naglakad ito nang mabilis at hinarang siya sa unahan. She's kind of nervous. Hawak nito sa magkabilang kamay ang strap ng bagpack.

"What is it?"

He's going to be late. Little kids are really a distraction.

"Kasi may nagsabi sa 'kin na may girlfriend ka daw. Uh, it's not.. true, right?"

Napapakit siya nang mariin. Ganito na ba talaga ang mga bata ngayon?

Where did she got that idea, though? Logan?

"P-Pero kasi sa pagkakaalam ko wala ka namang girlfriend. Pero sabi nila meron daw kaya.. magtatanong sana ako sayo. " Her face was red. Pati ang ilong namumula.

Caleb doesn't want to hurt a little girl so.. "I don't have a girlfriend, " he replied.

Nanlaki ang mata nito. "Really?!" Pati siya nagulat sa reaksyon nito. The girl bit her lip, probably embarrassed. "I mean.. really.. "

Caleb just nodded. He suddenly remember her absence for the whole week. Pinasadahan niya ito ng tingin. Mukha namang maayos.

"You're absent for the whole week. Why is that?"

She looks so shock. "How did you know?"

Napaiwas siya ng tingin. "We sort out your section's attendance rate for a research. "

Damn. That's a lie. But who cares.

She nodded. "So, you really have no girlfriend?"

He licked his lips. "No girlfriend. "

Oh boy. It seems like an angel passed when she smiled.

Pauwi na siya ng hapong iyon. He went to his bag but got confused when his bag became too heavy. Wala namang laman iyon dahil hindi pa niya nalalagay ang lap top sa bag.

Caleb opened it. Gulat niyang tinignan ang malaking jar ng cookies at isang maliit na box ng cup cake. He saw a note.

I hope you'll like it.

Love,
Kelly Lane <3

It has a fucking lip stain in the end. What was that?

Wow. Her advances upgraded, huh?

He chuckled. Ngunit napawi rin ang tawa nang may maalala. Fuck off, Caleb. That's a kid.

How old is she? 16? 17? A big no. That's not even moral.

He really tried hard not to get affected by her advances. It was so hard.

But it was that day. He almost lost his principles.

"Good morning, Ma'am Francisco.. "

Mula sa sinosolve na Coloumb's Law, umangat ang tingin niya sa may pintuan. There she saw Kelly, holding a peach-colored card. Kumaway pa ito sa kan'ya nang makita niya siyang nakatanaw.

"What brought you here, miss? A junior?"

Oh crap. You're gonna earn a scolding from that teacher, Kelly.

"Uh, can I excuse Caleb po? For a while?" You can't hear nervousness on her voice, though.

May nagbubulung-bulungan na. He sighed.

"Brandon 'yan, diba? Yung sa Grade 10? Nanalo 'yan sa pageant last year diba?"

"Kelly yata pangalan. Basta. Yung laging tambay sa junior kasama yung dalawang kaibigan na maganda at mayaman rin. "

"Lagot 'yan. Hindi pa naman considerate si Ma'am. Tsaka ilang beses nang naguidance 'yan diba? Last year, naguidance din dahil nakipag-away. "

Akala ko ba hindi nakikipag-away?

Nakita niyang salubong nanaman ang kilay ng teacher nila kaya't lumabas na siya. Sumunod si Kelly. Sa dulo sila ng hallway tumigil.

"You disturbed the class. Is it important?" He asked, trying to be gentle.

Ngumuso ito. Parang hindi parin yata alam ang maling nagawa.

"Well, magkaiba kasi schedule natin. Pagtapos ng klase ko nakauwi ka na agad dahil vacant last subject niyo. That's why I tried going in your class in my vacant time. Ngayon. " She explained.

"It's still not right. "

She guiltily nodded. "Okay. Napahiya yata kita doon. I'm sorry.. "

Don't be too hard on the girl, Caleb.

"It's alright, " tanging nasagot niya. "What do you want to tell me anyway? Is that really important and urgent?"

Her eyes widen with what he said. Kalaunan ay ngumuso ito bago inabot ang hawak nitong card sa kan'ya.

"I just want to invite you as my partner in prom. " She looked away.

Caleb stared at the card he's holding now. He saw lot of stickers there and a calligraphy that Kelly might put a lot of effort on.

"If you're still undecided now, can we meet later? Doon sa may Narra?" She pointed the large Narra tree near the green house. "I hope you'll give it a thought. "

Even if Caleb knows what's the right thing to do, he can't just say it. In front of her is the girl who liked him for years. And he might not have any interest to reciprocate it, ayaw naman niyang saktan ang babae.

Defeated, he nodded.

Lumaki ang ngiti nito. She looks really pretty smiling and her eyes shines beautifully. Napailing siya. Caleb, don't forget that Kelly's a kid!

"Caleb, in the faculty room. " Si Ma'am Francisco nang makabalik siya sa room.

He sighed and nodded. He'll try not to put Kelly into deep trouble.

"Do you know that junior, Caleb?"

He nodded. "I'm sorry, Ma'am. I'll ask her earlier to bring something to me. Nagkamali lang po ako ng pagsabi ng schedule sa kan'ya. She thought it's my vacant now. "

"Kelly disturbed the class, Mr. Acosta. I'm planning on putting her on a community service for a week. "

Caleb panicked. That shouldn't happen.

Kelly's excited with the prom. As far as he knows, they have lot of preparations and practice for it. The community service will take a toll from her time.

"It's my fault, Ma'am. I'll do the community service, instead. "

That's why he can't meet Kelly in their supposed place to meet up. She must be waiting. He doesn't have her number so he can't message her.

Hour passed. He's busy arranging the books for the first day of his community service. Kelly probably went home, right? It's raining, anyway. Siguradong umuwi na.

Sabado kinaumagahan. He entertain his self by joining tracks at the equestrian club. Nagulat siya nang biglang may sumuntok sa kan'ya.

He's about to get violent but stopped when he saw that it was Logan. Kinuwelyuhan siya nito, nanlilisik ang mata.

"What did you do to my sister?!" He advanced.

Why? What happened to her?

May ilang lumapit para awatin.

"You let my sister wait there for hours! Fuck, it's raining that time! You could've reject my sister properly if you don't like her!"

"Don't go near my sister again. I'm willing to cut ties with you if you disrespect her again. "

Caleb didn't realize that he's already inside his car. He's dumbfounded.

She waited? How many hours? It's raining hard yesterday. She must be very sick right now.

The guilt is eating him. Right. He should've said no immediately after Kelly asked him that. There's no other answer but no. It's the only answer.. that is right.

Some months passed, he heard that Kelly wants to pursue modeling abroad. He's happy for her. She'll do good in that field. Afterall, she has confidence and everything. She'll be successful in not time. That's for sure.

It was the last day of the school year when Kelly went to him. Nagulat siya, siyempre. Hindi sila nag-uusap sa loob ng mga buwan. At mukhang iniiwasan rin siya.

"Here.. " Kelly handed her a box. Wrapped properly with a big ribbon on the age lace. "My graduation gift for you.. "

His lips parted looking at the gift.

"I'm planning to go abroad. Do you.. do you think it's fine?" She asked, her voice is low.

Mas napaawang ang labi niya. His opinions doesn't matter anyway so why would she..

"You should pursue your dreams before anything else, Kelly.. " He replied for her question. "You already earned potentials so keep that. You should study first and you'll be a fine lady soon. You like modelling, right?" She nodded.

"I would be rooting for you always. One day, you'll see a man waiting for you at every stages you walk. He'll be the one who's for you. "

He promised to support her. It's a promise not only for her but for him.

Wearing a gray hoodie and a mask, he silently sat at the last row. Today is Kelly's runway debut. He's so proud of her.

She did a good job. Just like him, the crowd supported her.

It became his routine. He'll clear his schedules everything Kelly would have a ramp. Hindi naman siya napapansin kayo ayos lang. He would then leave a bouquet of flowers, an Amarinth.

He attended her runway in Columbia. It was for a Christmas collection. And just like usual, he sat at the last row.

Hindi na siya nag-abalang maghoodie at mask. Kelly's crowd increased every year. It will be impossible for Kelly to see him in this very last row.

"Ouch. Bwesit kang kano ka, ah. Wag mo kong tulakin, gago!"

With the familiar language, napalingon siya. Lumingon rin pala ang babae sa kan'ya. Parehong nanlalaki ang mata, parehas rin silang nag-iwas ng tingin.

"You're here. Akala ko magkaaway kayo?" Caleb asked when Lily sat beside his seat.

Lily scoffed at him. "Akala ko ba hindi mo gusto? Bakit ka nandito?"

Akala mo lang 'yon.

Hindi na niya pinansin si Lily na patuloy parin sa pang-aasar. Medyo iritado parin siya dito. Tinutulak-tulak ba naman si Kelly noon. What if her push isn't controlled and Kelly might get hurt?

And when they met each other again, na sinadya niya naman, he became braver. She's not young anymore.

And now.. his life is a dream come true.

"I have one question for you. I've been always curious with this, " Kelly said.

They are a month married now and enjoying their honeymoon stage. It was indeed.. a dream.. that came true.

"What is it?" They are watching the beautiful sunset. Her wife is leaning on him as both of them watched how the sun disappeared from the horizon.

"Did the cookies and cup cakes tastes good? Iyong binigay ko noon?"

He chuckled. So random.

"Be honest with me. Hindi naman ako masasaktan dahil magaling na ako magbake ngayon. " She bragged.

He married the most adorable wife.

"Hmm. The cookies actually tastes bland. And the cupcakes are slightly bitter. Probably burnt or something. " He run the tip of his nose on his wife's neck.

"Tss.. " She frowned.

"What? You told me to be honest?" Humalakhak siya.

"It seems like you're teasing me, " pagtatampo nito.

Caleb chuckled again. Amused by his wife's sudden change of mood.

"Fights and arguments, ups and downs. Hugs and kisses, smiles and frowns. We’ll sail through it all together, not just now but forever. I love you. " He whispered.

Kelly smiled at him. She hugged him. Right. This is home.

"I love you. And I can't wait to see our little one.. " She leaned to give him a kiss.

My unending love for you is my vision, my hope, my goal, and my soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 962 32
Si Angelzy Joyce Onasna ay tatlumput tatlong taong gulang na independiyenteng babae, na nagtapos nang mag-isa, dahil sa mga hindi kanais-nais na kaga...
173K 9.3K 23
It all started when rookie setter Seb Angeles misset the ball causing injury to their team's opposite hitter, Nico Almojer.
103K 1.6K 75
Apat na taon ng kasal si Shu sa isang lalaking ni minsan ay hindi pa niya nakikita o narinig manlang ang boses. Palibhasa ay hindi naman siya dapat a...
1.2M 25.2K 30
SPG Theseus Montenegro is a serious man. Puro business lang laman ng kanyang utak. Hindi mo sya makikitang may kasamang babae. Dating isn't in his vo...