Love with a Duck?! (and a tom...

By zPuddle

Y/n L/n is a 21 year-old graphic designer and Twitter artist. He lives in Japan and lives alone in an apartme... More

Introductions: Y/n L/n
Chapter 1: Discord
Chapter 2: HoloFes Meetup (1/2)
Chapter 3: HoloFes (2/2)
Chapter 4: A Relaxing Day
Chapter 6: Feelings
Chapter 7: Paintball Struggles
Chapter 8: Staying Over
Chapter 9 : The Words I Want to Say to You (1/2)
Chapter 10: The Words I Want to Say to You (2/2)
Chapter 10.5: Gifts
Chapter 11: Amusement Park
Chapter 12: A Nursing Duck
Chapter 13: Fun at the Beach
Chapter 14: Birthday Boy
Chapter 15: A Happy Day
Chapter 10.75: The Hotel Night

Chapter 5: A Date?

2.3K 63 46
By zPuddle

Chapter 5: A Date?

Y/n POV:

A few weeks have gone by since HoloFes and my daily life hasn't changed. I mainly stay in my room all day just working on commissions for companies, watching Hololive streams and playing games. *ding* A sudden notification pops up on my phone. I pick it up to check it.

Subaru: Hey! Are you busy rn?

Well, I guess one thing about my daily life changed.

Y/n: No not really, why?

I am friends with one of my favourite streamers from hololive, Oozora Subaru. After HoloFes we exchanged numbers and so we message each other quite often after that, just the usual talk but we never hung out IRL ever since that 'incident'.

Subaru: I was just thinking since we haven't hung out in a while maybe we could go visit this one mall. Hololive just did a collab with a café there, you interested?

Wow, I didn't expect her to be the first one to invite me but oh well. I've heard about the Hololive café before so I am quite curious about it. Subaru also had just finished her stream so I'm guessing she is free.

Y/n: Sure, I'd like to come. Are you inviting anyone else?

Subaru: No, it's just me and you.

I am quite surprised by her reply, I was expecting her to invite other Hololive members to join her but I guess everyone else is probably busy doing their own things right now.

Y/n: Ok cool, when do you want to meet up?

Subaru: We can meet up in around 30 mins, is the entrance of the mall okay for a meetup place?

Y/n: Sure, I'll meet you there.

Subaru: 👍

After our conversation, I started to get ready. It was still half past noon so the station shouldn't be that crowded. It's not that cold today so I just wore a collared shirt, with a shirt underneath, and a pair of jeans. I stepped outside of my apartment to see Shion about to enter hers. Oh yeah, we're neighbours.

Y/n: "Hey." I greeted her.

Shion: "Hey," I can then feel her examining my clothing, "you going on a date or something?" She asks me.

Y/n: "I don't know, depends if that's what the other person thinks of this." I respond. I say this because we are technically going alone with just the both of us to a café so it meets the criteria of a date but if Subaru doesn't consider it a date, then it isn't.

Shion: "Hmmm, is this person Subaru?" Man, she is one nosy brat.

Y/n: "What if it is?" I continue to be vague just to annoy her.

Shion: "If it is, let me give you some advice. Subaru likes guys who are direct." She then enters her apartment and closes the door.

Direct eh. Maybe Shion isn't so bad.

-

-

Subaru POV:

Subaru: "YABE!! I am going to be late!!"

I was rushing towards the mall entrance; I don't want to be late for a dat- meetup with Y/n. If only I hadn't stopped by the convenience store, I wouldn't be rushing right now. Luckily, I made it to the meetup spot before Y/n did, it would be embarrassing if I invited him but I ended up being late. I then wait for Y/n to arrive. I hope he recognized me. I was wearing a simple yellow hoodie with shorts so it was pretty different to what I'd usually wear.

(Something like this. Credit to https://9gag.com/gag/amgLn0X)

I then see Y/n approach from the distance, he was walking towards me when I see that he noticed me and started walking a bit faster.

Y/n: "Hey, I'm here. Did I make you wait long?" He asks me.

Subaru: "No, it's fine. I didn't wait for a long time anyway." I reply getting a sigh of relief from him.

Y/n: "Good. You look great by the way." He compliments me. I blush a but by his comment but got over it.

Subaru: "Tha-anks, should we get going?"

Y/n: "Sure, let's go!" He responds. I went ahead first since I knew where the café was and Y/n was beside me following me.

3rd Person POV:

Both Subaru and Y/n entered the mall and went straight to the café. The mall wasn't that big and there were a lot of posters promoting the Hololive collab that they were able to find it quickly.

It was almost hard to not find it as there was a huge cut out of Tokino Sora and Fubuki at the front of the café. Y/n was surprised by the amount of advertising but Subaru told him that Cover takes marketing very seriously so they try to reach out to everyone and make themselves known.

Subaru found an empty table for 2 people and Y/n followed her towards it. They both sat down across each other and shortly after a waiter came and gave them the menus. Y/n was shocked by the variety of items they had. There is food or drink for nearly every member of Hololive on there and they all look so good.

Y/n: "What are you going to get?" He asks Subaru.

Subaru: "Hmmm, I don't know. There are a lot of good options to choose from..." She answers. "Maybe I'll go with the Fox Burger."

Y/n: "Why don't you get the Subaru Sundae? It's based on you right?"

Subaru: "Yeah but they asked me to try it and give my approval before adding it to the menu so I want to try something different."

Y/n: "Understandable, I'll get the Subaru Sundae then. I wanna try it and if you approved it, it must be good."

Subaru felt happy that he chose her food. She still didn't figure out what she was going to order. She decided to just get food and a drink since she just finished streaming and is hungry.

Subaru: "Well hopefully it won't disappoint then. I'll get the Fox Burger and a Tokino Soda." Subaru looks at some of the names and is disappointed at the lack of creativity with the names.

Y/n nodded and called the waiter over.

They both stated their orders. Subaru getting the Fox Burger and a Tokino Soda while Y/n getting the Subaru Sundae and a Watamelon Shake. The waiter writes their order down and leaves to prepare their food.

Subaru: "You're not going to order any actual food?"

Y/n: "No, I'm not that hungry right now, your sundae will be enough for me."

Subaru: "Ok then." She replied plainly.

The food should take only around 10 minutes so while waiting they just caught up on the things they were doing.

Subaru talked about how she and some other Hololive members are planning on doing an offline collab soon. Y/n always loved watching the chaos unfold in offline streams so he's excited that there will be another one with Subaru soon. Subaru told Y/n that they were going to an Onsen for their offline collab which piqued Y/n's interest.

Y/n POV:

An Onsen eh, I haven't been to one in a long time. I've only gone once before and that was on a trip to Hokkaido with my friends. That was a fun time, I should go there again one day.

Subaru and I talked some more while waiting for our orders. I told her about the fanart I am working on. It's a fanart of Subaru controlling the Subangelion, I have been working on it for a week now and it is only 55% done. Subaru seems to look forward to seeing it when it's done so I told her it might be done next week.

The food then arrived and to be honest the presentation is on point. My Subaru Sundae is 4 scoops of ice cream: vanilla, blueberry, banana and strawberry. The colours all represent Subaru and they even made a duck out of chocolate syrup on the ice cream and had duck flippers made out of crackers sticking out of the vanilla scoop.

Y/n: "Damn this looks impressive." I comment to Subaru.

Subaru: "Yeah, I was also shocked when I first saw it. They nailed it on the presentation, I mean this Fox Burger has Fubuki's face burned on it with fox ears at the top." Subaru tells me.

Y/n: "Yeah, well let's see if it tastes as good as it looks." I say as I take a bite of the sundae. "Wow, this is good." I take another bite and another one, I start to fasten my pace with the bites and Subaru saw this and chuckled at the sight.

Subaru then took a bite of her burger and her eyes lit up with joy. She didn't comment anything on the taste and just keeps on eating. I look over at her and the sight of her devouring a burger without a care in the world makes me feel happy. She then notices me look at her and she smiles at me with her sauce-covered lips. My heart skipped a beat and I just laugh while pointing at her mouth.

She was confused at first but when she realized what I meant she blushed and started panicking. I handed her a pack of tissues I had and she wiped her mouth with it.

Subaru: "Sorry about that. Thanks for the tissues." She said while embarrassed.

Y/n: "No it's fine." I reply, she did look cute panicking like that.

We then continue to finish our meals. Since I didn't order any food, I finished first and so I just watched Subaru eat while sipping what's left of my Watamelon shake. Subaru started picking up her pace when she saw that I finished but that caused her to choke on her burger. I quickly told her to drink so she took her soda and gulped it all down. Crisis averted.

We both finished our meals and paid the bills and left the café.

Y/n: "That was a nice experience." I expressed to Subaru.

Subaru: "Yeah it really was, I wonder when Hololive will do more collabs."

Y/n: "Well if they do be sure to inform me."

Subaru: "Will do."

We then reach the mall entrance where we say our goodbyes.

Y/n: "Thanks for inviting me, I had a really fun time."

Subaru: "No problem, I had fun too on this date."

I then wave my goodbye and walk to the station to get home. As I enter the train, I think to myself. "Wait, she called it a date?" I pause and after confirming I scream in my head. "SCORE!" I go back home feeling pumped. I now have even more motivation to finish that fanart now.

Subaru POV:

I reached my apartment and just face planted on my bed. "I called it a date?!" I screamed in my mind. I don't know if he noticed it but he didn't show any signs of it so I think he didn't. I then looked at the ceiling while laying down on my bed. "Wonder when our next one will be," I say to myself as I slowly drift to sleep.

-

-

-

END

A/n: Man what an eventful chapter. If you guys have any suggestions on how the story should pan out please tell me cuz I might need the extra ideas lol. Hope you enjoyed, See ya next time!

PEACE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 4.7K 45
"Y/N is anti-social eccentric intellectual going through loneliness and depression and is currently searching his purpose until it all changes when o...
70.7K 4K 20
~๐™ฐ๐šš๐šž๐šŠ๐š–๐šŠ๐š›๐š’๐š—๐šŽ ๐™ท๐š˜๐šœ๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š˜ ๐šก [๐š—๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ] [๐š•๐šŠ๐šœ๐š ๐š—๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ]~ [name] was an 18 year old girl living in [country] but gets killed by truck s...
1.8K 50 9
Just a Hololive fanfic where you the reader go through your normal daily life. haha not really normal bruh. In this world where supernatural exist un...
55K 1.5K 38
he wants to be her friend. she can't stand him. he finds her intriguing, she doesn't fawn nor obsess over him, which he likes; so instead he fawns...