Crossing the gangster

Par lovewrites1601

. "What the hell is he saying?" I asked smith, who was still persistent on not meeting my eyes. "He is tellin... Plus

chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Announcement
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

chapter 27

960 37 5
Par lovewrites1601

I placed my belongings into my purse, silently giving myself a pep-talk as I prepared to leave and meet my mo- sorry birth giver.

I mean this situation was totally normal wasn't it?

Just meeting the woman who gave birth to you after a couple of years knowing that she cheated on her husband and you were an illegitimate child that caused the family to fall apart?

Oh and we can't forget that said husband and supposed step brother were gang members/leaders that tried to attack the gang that I was part of now, one that I had initially gotten sold off too...

Yeah, totally normal...

But if I could get through all of that shit then I could get through one coffee, I mused, trying to keep my hopes up by the fact that
trying to keep my hopes up by the fact that I would most likely be getting some answers to soothe the stampede in my mind.

And who turns down a free cup of coffee? Cause I sure as hell wasn't paying.

I walked down the stairs, about to exit the house when someone called out, "Where are you going?" I turned around to see chris dressed in jeans and a sleeveless white top, a black leather jacket held in one hand.

I let out a small scoff, classic bad boy. Classic hot bad boy, not that I was ever going to let him know. His ego would inflate faster than a balloon.

"Joe's, I have to uh meet someone," I replied, his eyebrow raising at my small hesitation and underlying tone of nervousness but he didn't push it, nodding slightly as he walked towards me.

"I'm heading in that direction, I'll drop you." I gulped but nodded all the same- I didn't want him and my mother having an encounter. Mixing my pessimistic past and pleasant present was a recipe for disaster.

They just wouldn't have to come face to face, that's not that hard right?

We slipped into one of the cars and I chewed silently on my lip as he drove towards the gate, my nerves just heightened by being around him as well. When had I entered this phase?

"So who are you meeting?" He broke the silence, his gaze still focused on the road as he continued to drive.

Should I tell him?

"Oh you know just someone," I replied vaguely, praying he wouldn't push it. His jaw clenched slightly as knowing him, he probably derived a conclusion of his own.

"So how are you and Blake doing?" He all but spat out and I flinched slightly, remembering he wasn't present when breaking the news. Did he think I was going remembering he wasn't present when breaking the news. Did he think I was going on a date with a guy at the coffee shop? Lord, I hope not.

"Uh, we broke up." For some reason I felt slightly nervous bringing up this topic, my hands wringing slowly as I refused to make eye contact with the blue ones boring into my head, the road momentarily forgotten.

"When?" He coughed, clearing his throat, his voice breaking slightly. From the peripheral of my vision, I could see that his knuckles weren't as white from where they were once clenching the wheel and his shoulders had slumped in slight relief.

Shouldn't he be upset for his friend?

... Or maybe it's because he thought I wasn't good enough for Blake, yeah that was probably it.

"Today, we just told the other two a few hours ago but we couldn't find you," I rambled slightly, forcing my eyes to not stray and look back at him as a reflex.

Ooooo trees after trees, how interesting, rows and rows of green trees...

They aren't as interesting as staring into Chris's eyes tho...

Oh, shut up mind.

I inwardly rolled my eyes at the fact that I was having a conversation with myself but hey, at least talking to me didn't set off a load of butterflies in my stomach.

I finally let out a small sigh when we pulled up into the parking lot, itching to get out of this awkward tension. Why was it so awkward in the first place?

Maybe it was just the way I broke the news to him, it probably came as a shock...

  I was about to leave when he stopped me, a hand resting on my elbow and I sat back in my seat, confusion swirling in my irises.

"Just call me whenever you need me to come okay? Especially if something goes wrong..." He had a knowing glint in his eyes as he stared warily at the coffee shop, which made me wonder; how easily did he read me?

Did he know I was meeting my mother?

But he couldn't know, I hadn't told him. I frantically recalled our conversation, no I hadn't let it slip...

I gave him a small smile and nod, albeit strained before I walked out, head still swarming from the conversation we had and the tingles from where his hand had rested on my bare skin.

I knew that as a gang leader, he could have forced me to tell him since me mixing with the enemies was something that could get me kicked out. But he hadn't, and for some reason that kicked up my heart's frantic reason that kicked up my heart's frantic pace a notch more.

He trusted me....

I pushed the door open to Joe's, the bell tinkling above me and a waft of strong coffee drifting past my nose. The aroma in this shop was unique, coffee beans mingling with waffles and other sweet delicacies that I was yet to try.

But my happy mood soon sobered, a frown overwriting the excited smile as I spotted my mother sitting in a corner booth, a cup of coffee nursed in her hands.

She had changed so much since I had last seen her, her petite frame filling out slightly but not fat, just healthy, a good healthy. Stick and bones to flesh, why hadn't I noticed her decaying state?

Maybe it was because we were all collapsing in that stifling house that her appearance had just seemed... Normal.

There was a glow to her once lackluster skin from being trapped in that house all day long, sitting aimlessly while we all had errands to run. Though a smile had never dropped from her face, fake happiness excluding her being but now...

Now she looked ecstatic and I hated to say this but perfect, which made me slightly jealous even though I shouldn't be.

She was the one who left so why was her life looking so great?

Something within me always despised her for being so selfish, and although the outcome seemed to have benefited her, my jaw clenched as I walked up to the woman that deserted me when I didn't even know I needed her the most...

I forced myself to put all my pained thoughts to the back of my head, thoughts about how the two of us only reacquainted because of a buried secret and how she couldn't bear to meet me in the eyes, knowing she had done me wrong.

Yet a single word of apology didn't slip past her mouth as the corners of her lips turned up, albeit forced, "Hazel dear, its great to meet you."

Those words sounded so foreign, sounded like a teacher to a student, like a stranger to another. Yet I nodded, scanning around the coffee shop for evidence of someone watching us.

I wanted to fool myself that I didn't know who I was looking for, that it was just a habit but his red hair was ingrained into my memory like no other, the red hair of a fleeting memory yet a lasting nightmare.

I put my elbows on the table, an act that caused my mother to unwillingly tutt from the lack of table manners she had once taught us but I needed her to be as off edge as possible.

I laced my fingers together but painting a bittersweet smile on my face, her eyes flickering around the room as well once I did so.
"So my beloved mother," I started off, my calm tone hiding the volcano of emotions bubbling in me. Though a small part of me was quenched when I saw her flinch at the front I was putting up.

"Please tell me the story you have made up in your head."

"I am still your mother, show me respect." She demanded and I let out a chortle. Man, did she really think I was still that timid child she had left behind?

People change mother, people change.

"You fucking lost the right to call yourself my mother when you left without a word," I lashed out, slamming one of my fists down onto the table and hiding a small smirk when her eyes darted around to see if other people had noticed.

"You are simply my birth giver, though if I recall, you didn't even give birth to me with the right guy."

"Would you like to get some food?" She tried diverting but I was hungry for answers, I needed
them so I could move on, move on from this whole mess, though deep down, I doubted that was going to happen.

Here that was it. This was the last tie, the last thing that I needed from her before I could cut her out of my life.

I knew the simple answer was she cheated and I hated cheaters, despised them so my already burning emotions would just be fueled upon hearing this. This is what I needed, I convinced not what I wanted.

"No, I did not recall coming here for a chit chat session with you. Oh right, that's because you never wanted to meet up in the first place when you left until now. So, pray tell me, why the fuck are you wasting both our time? Just get straight to the point."

TBC
Are you excited to know the whole truth?

What do u think will hazel tell chris about her and her's mother meeting ?

Also what do u think what chris actually thought about hazel and Blake's break up ?

Okay secondly there are few of my readers who asked me that whom I imagine as the characters in the story
So here are the pictures you may have a look

Noah ( ╹▽╹ )👆👆

Izzy (≧▽≦)👆👆

Blake (☆▽☆)👆👆

Chris walter(。•̀ᴗ-)✧👆👆

Hazel Summers (✿^‿^)👆👆

Do not forget to vote and comment ✨❤️

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.1M 63.5K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
My Boss Par Brie

Roman d'amour

637K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
1.6M 63.5K 54
Sequel of His girl Damien Russo, his name makes people scared. Almost everyone knows him either for being a successful billionaire or for being the p...
668 109 32
//DISCONTINUED// // C R I N G E // During the car ride home... wait- home? That prison that holds me captive is my home? So not only do I say tha...