We'll Protect You

By shadow_sky20

Gabriella Smith has lived her past 10 years a living hell. At the age of 2, her mother, Arabelle Anderson, ki... More

Resume
Characters descriptions
Chapter 1, The beating
Chapter 2, Cleaning
Chapter 4, Brothers?
Chapter 5, Lorenzo
Chapter 6, Meeting them
Chapter 7, He knows
Characters
Chapter 8, Shopping
Chapter 9, House Tour
New Story
Chapter 10, Broken glass
Chapter 11, Breakfast
Chapter 12, Memories
Chapter 13, Period

Chapter 3, The news

3.5K 80 49
By shadow_sky20

The picture in the media is how I imagine Gabriella looking, but you guys can also imagine her differently.

Gabriella's pov

I woke up looking all sweaty.

It was just a nightmare.

That same nightmare has been haunting me forever.

I tried to go back to sleep, but it seems impossible.

Not that it never happened.

Since I can't sleep right now, I think I should go take a shower.

I walked in the bathroom with a towel and my black hoodie in hand.

When I removed my clothes, I can see all of my bruises, cuts, scars and some burns.

Some of them were yellow, blue, purple and many were now black.

My cuts and scars looked deep.

I have to think on buying some ointments and some more medicine since I ran out a week ago.

I have to make the little time I have useful before they both get home.

I look horrible.

I hate how they made me look.

They are all right, I am really ugly.

I'm so stupid, I'm and idiot, a fool, a worthless child like mum used to say.

They were all right.

Now, no one would ever like me nor even talk to me when they find out about all the bruises, scars, cuts and burns I have.

They will think I look disgusting.

I can't let anyone know about those beatings.

I have tried for so many years to hide the truth from everyone.

When you never expect, they come right at you and starts interrogating you about your personal life.

I hate to lie and I'm a really bad liar but this is my only secret.

I can't let someone know about my past.

If they get to close to me and know about my past, somehow, they will throw me out of their lifes like a useless peice of trash.

I look really ugly, all of my bodie looks horrible.

Arabelle, my mom was right. I am a fat elephant.

I walk in the shower and start taking one.

I make sure to put the burning hot water on.

I usually am not always a loud to take any showers.

My parents only allow me to take one shower per week wich of course I take more than 1.

I always take showers when they aren't home.

It feels so good having the burning water running through my body.

It does hurt a lot when the water touches my open scars but I don't mind it.

It's not like I don't even deserve those scars.

After at least 20 minutes of me enjoying the hot water, I stop showering.

I dry myself off and wear some other clothes.

I then put all of my clothes (not that I have many) in their places in the basement and go back to the bathroom.

I have been wanting to do something with my hidden razor, I hid a long time ago from my parents, in the bathroom.

I took out the hidden razor and start cutting myself.

I cut my arms and try to go as deep as possible.

I don't really feel the pain since I've been doing the same thing for the past years.

When I cut myself I feel relieved and feel like all of my problems have gone away.

I watch as my blood ran down and feel like it's enough cuts, for today.

I added at least seven new cuts on to my right arm and four on my left.

After finishing what I have done, I start cleaning the cink of the bathroom because my blood is all over it and on the floor.

Time skipped

It is now 9am, and I have nothing to do.

I already ate an orange, since I woke up.

I've also had the time to clean the entire house since Arabelle and Chad are coming tomorrow, anytime.

Time skipped: 3 hours later

I head to the basement and start doing my math homework that I don't understand.

I have a lot of math homework.

I'm pretty sure my math teacher hates our class since he only gives a lot of homeworks to the classes he hates.

That's not even fair.

I have a whole document of 19 pages to complete before Monday.

The teacher really hates my class.

It's not like I don't hate it too but the problem is that he gives a lot of homework to every students in the classes he hates.

I don't even know anything about algebra.

Yup, that's what the document is all about.

What can I do? It's not really my fault if I accidentally slept during his lesson on algebra.

I tried to do as much of what I can understand wich is barely nothing.

It has been now 2 hours that I have tried to complete the document.

I only finished 5 pages till now and the worst part is that I don't even know what I wrote myself.

I defenetly give up.

Since I don't have a lot of painkillers left and I'm missing some ointments and other stuffs, I'll just go right now to the pharmacy and get them.

You never know it'll be less risky now than when my parents are home, wich I always had to sneak out and sometimes when I get caught outside when I'm not a loud, I always get beaten up.

I take some of the little money I kept and get out of the house.

I make sure to keep my distance from others and try not to limp or fall.

After half an hour of me walking, I arrive at the pharmacy.

I get all I need and get out of the pharmacy.

After 10 minutes of me walking like a tortoise, I feel someone taking my bag that contains all of what I bought from the pharmacy.

I look behind me and see a theif running away with my things.

"Hey get back here!" I shout at the theif, wich didn't really help cause he just continued running.

I can't believe, I just got some medicines and they got stolen right away.

I can't run or else the pain will hurt so much that I won't even be able to walk anymore.

I thought to myself to let the theif go, anyways he was a fast runner.

I started walking back home even through the pain hurts so bad.

After 30 minutes of me trying not to fall and walk like a normal humain being, I arrived in front of the house I live in.

What shocked me was that their was one police car parked in front of the small, old house I live in and two police mans were outside the house, trying to ring the door bell so that somebody open the door for them.

I started to panic, I wondered why they were here?

My parents aren't home so it couldn't have been something related to them, could it be?

I was in the house since mum and Chad left, I just came out to go to the pharmacy for some things, so why are they here?

Out of know where, one of the cops came right in front of me and started asking me some questions.

"Hey little one" said the tall cop.

I didn't respond cause I was still confused.

I think that he realised that I was confused since he started talking again.

"Okay, so are you the daughter of Arabelle Anderson and Chad Smith?" Asked the other cop.

I still didn't respond but nodded my head in response.

They both looked at each other and took a big breath.

What were they going to say?

Before my panic could really start, the other cop started to talk.

"You must be Gabriella Smith, right?" He asked.

Again, I didn't answer but just nodded.

"Hello Gabriella, my name is Liam and this is my partner Oliver"

I just stood there and listened.

Again they took a breath and looked like they were thinking about something.

"We are so sorry to inform this to you but your parents have been sent to jail for killing a couple" Liam said.

I was shocked.

Yes my parents can be really cruel, but I never thought of them killing someone.

This can't be true. It has to be a lie.

I am a bit happy that they are in jail but what will happen to me?

Will they send me to an orphanage?

I can't go there, I'm pretty sure it's much worst than living with my parents.

I've heard so many bad things about orphanages and not even one single good thing.

I also didn't have any family members in my mom's side and no one wanted to have something to do with me in Chad's side of the family.

No one wanted me. I was alone fighting my own battles.

Clearly no one even cared about me.

Without knowing that I started shaking, I started.

When Oliver saw me shaking, he pulled me into a hug but I flinched right away and got out of his hold.

I then just looked down trying to stop myself from shaking.

"So since you live here, you can unlock the door and go get all of the things that you will be needing, for some time." Said Liam

I nodded my head and did what he told me to do.

They were both waiting for me outside the house.

I went into the basement and took all of my school books out and started putting all of my little amount of clothes inside.

I also took that one little stuffed animal out of my hiding place in the basement and placed it, in my bag.

I don't remember when I got it, but I always had it since I was young.

I only hide it cause sometimes my mom and dad would throw things that they saw they belonged to me, In the trash.

My stuffed animal is a bear and I named him Mr. Bear.

I know it's not really original but I love how it sounds.

Anyways after paking my little amount of things I had, I went into my parents room and went to my mom's julwery box.

I just wanted to take something that reminds me of her, before everything bad happened she was very kind and sweet with me.

But then, one day she changed.

I saw a beautiful necklace that I remember her always wearing before I was four years old.

When the abuse have started, she never wore it anymore for an unknown reason.

The necklace was beautiful it looked like a real diamond necklace.

Beside it, was a beautiful silver bracelet with my name written on it.

That's odd, why would mom have a bracelet with my name on it when she hates me.

I didn't think much of it and just took the two beautiful julweries and put them around my neck and around my right rist.

I didn't need to take something from Chad cause he was never nice to me and never acted like a father figure for me but my mom once did act like a mother figure, before the abuse.

I've been inside for about fifteen minutes and now I'm done with everything.

I almost forgot my razor but I took it on the way out of the house.

I get out of the house and make sure to lock the door behind me then go up to the two officers chatting with each other.

When they looked at me, they looked shocked.

Why are they looking at me like that?

"Is that all you have?" Asked Liam.

I nodded.

"You know you'll be with us for some time, are you sure you don't want to take something else with you?" Oliver asked.

I just nodded in response, it wasn't like I could've taken anything else cause what I have know is all I have.

Liam opened the back seat door for me to sit and I sat down.

"It's going to take a while to get at the station" Oliver commented.

I just looked down and didn't respond nor gave a answer.

Liam sighed it and closed the door.

Hey, I have a account on Instagram where I'll be posting some sneak peaks of the next chapters, before they come out so if your interested, go check my ig at shadow_sky20.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.2K 200
When Shi Qingluo, an agriculture expert, opened her eyes again after dying, she realised she had transmigrated as a farm girl in an ancient era. Her...
102K 229 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
84.5K 10.1K 25
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
242K 12.2K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...