RUSE || Taekook

By thequeermuskateer

Four Targets, One Shot. The FBI thinks Agent Jungkook has been kidnapped by one of the top five most dangerou... More

Phase I: Decipher
ONE || O1F4A5
TWO || J5O3O1
THREE || J5C3J3A5A5
FOUR || C1F5O1J3
FIVE || C1C4O2A5
SIX || J4C4F1J4
SEVEN || J4A5O2A5F4
EIGHT || A5C4C2C3J5
NINE || F4C4F4A5
TEN || J5A5F4
TWELVE || J5O3A5F2O2A5
THIRTEEN || J5C3C4J3J5A5A5F4
FOURTEEN || C1F5O1J3J5A5A5F4
FIFTEEN || C1C4C1J5A5A5F4
SIXTEEN || J4C4F1J4J5A5A5F4
SEVENTEEN || J4A5O2A5F4J5A5A5F4
EIGHTEEN || A5C4C2C3J5A5A5F4
NINETEEN || F4C4F4A5J5A5A5F4
TWENTY || J5O3A5F4J5O4
TWENTY ONE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XF5F4A5
TWENTY TWO || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5O3F5
TWENTY THREE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
TWENTY FOUR || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1F5O1J3
TWENTY FIVE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1C4O2A5
TWENTY SIX || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
TWENTY SEVEN || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
TWENTY EIGHT|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
TWENTY NINE|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XF4C4F4A5
THIRTY || J5C3C4J3J5O4
THIRTY ONE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY TWO || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY THREE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5C3J3A5A5
THIRTY FOUR || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
THIRTY FIVE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5
THIRTY SIX || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
THIRTY SEVEN || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
THIRTY EIGHT || J5C3C4J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
THIRTY NINE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
FORTY || C1F5J3J5O4
FORTY ONE || C1F5J3J5O4XF5F4A5
FORTY TWO || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5O3F5
FORTY-THREE || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
FORTY-FOUR || C1F5J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
FORTY-FIVE || C1F5J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5
FORTY-SIX || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
FORTY-SEVEN || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F5
FORTY-EIGHT || C1F5J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
FORTY NINE || C1F5J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
Author's Note (Important) + Character Questionnaire + Fun Facts
FIFTY || C1C4C1J5O4
FIFTY ONE || C1C4C1J5O4XF5F4A5
FIFTY TWO || C1C4C1J4O5XJ5O3O1

ELEVEN || A5F2A5O2A5F4

103 11 28
By thequeermuskateer

Taehyung massages his forehead in his car as Yeonjun drives peacefully through the streets of Croatia. After his meeting with Jungkook, focusing on anything became an issue. Jimin, out of anger, banished him to a drive through the city, hoping it would clear his mind.

It isn't working. The silence in the car is eating him alive, gnawing at his mind, scratching at unwanted thoughts.

Jungkook still loves him. Taehyung could see it in the younger's eyes. He was genuine when he said he loved Taehyung.

Taehyung pulls at his hair and shakes his head. That's what he thought about Yoongi too. 

This is all just a trick.

It always is.

Taehyung refuses to believe in a fairytale again.

"Um, Taehyung," Yeonjun says.

Taehyung's head snaps in his direction, secretly thankful the younger distracted him.

"Do you want to maybe... talk about what's bothering you?" Yeonjun asks, turning the car to the left, meeting Taehyung's gaze in the rearview mirror.

"The code," Taehyung answers.

"I heard our man, JayKay, got close to cracking it," Yeonjun says with a smile on his face, his round glasses resting atop his nose as he drives with his left hand on the steering wheel.

This has to be the softest man Taehyung knows.

He's known Yeonjun ever since the latter was seventeen and stumbled into Taehyung's life when the leader raided a sex-trafficking agency. Yeonjun was lucky he was new and nobody had touched him in extreme ways against his consent. Nevertheless, the incident traumatised the younger and he refused to leave Taehyung's side for half a year, learning how to be part of the gang while Taehyung aided his healing process.

And in return, he got one of his most loyal and skilled men, always fighting ferociously by his side.

Yeonjun was like a younger brother to Taehyung.

"Yeah, you heard right," Taehyung ruffled his own hair and sat back, his hands loosely hanging between his legs.

"So, are we gonna take advantage of that or not?"

"He's already been told to work on it," Taehyugn affirms, lolling his head to the right and staring out the window.

"So, what's worrying you?"

"How did he crack it?"

"Well, he looked smart."

"How does he even know it translates to English?"

"Why don't you ask him?"

"Oh gee, why didn't I think of that?"

Yeonjun giggles. "Or Daniel could ask him."

"Please do."

"Anything for you, Tae."

Taehyung smiles and buries his hands under his armpits, sitting back and aiming his focus at the little children littering the streets, throwing rocks at each other or just messing around.

This might just be a good idea.

————————

Does Tae really not love him anymore?

Jungkook stares at his ceiling, his hands intertwined under his head. He relieved himself about an hour ago in the bathroom and this time tried to think of Yoongi but decided against it, given how it's weird to masturbate to the thought of a dead man.

Jungkook sniffles and coughs.

He already lost Yoongi. The thought of not having Taehyung either, breaks him to his core.

Five and a half years, he waited for this.

Five and a half years, he lied to every single person who ever cared about him.

Because after Taehyung and Yoongi, Jungkook couldn't really get himself to care about any one who came into his life as much.

Taehyung was his first kiss and Yoongi, his first partner. They both hold a special place in Jungkook's heart, one no one else can even come close to.

And Taehyung didn't feel the same way.

Jungkook turns on his side and faces the wall, clutching his pillow tightly.

He feels stupid.

Stupid for staying hung up on a highschool love. Stupid for actually believing Taehyung would wait for him. 

Taehyung had so much in life to look forward to. Why would he waste it waiting for Jungkook?

At least, the fear of dying before he fulfilled his promise to meet Taehyung vanished.

Jungkook closed his eyes as he recalled his last moments with Taehyung, all those years ago. Such a painfully beautiful parting for two lovers.

Taehyung never made a promise.

Taehyung never told Jungkook to wait.

Jungkook was the one carrying the relationship in those last minutes.

Maybe it always was Jungkook, given Yoongi abandoned both of them and Taehyung just chickened out.

And it was all Jungkook's fault.

Such a stupid thing to do, believe in a fairytale. 

————————

Fuck you, Suga.

"What do you mean twenty-eight of us went off the grid?"

Jimin sighs as he stands in front of the screen, eyes glazing over all their people who went missing. It's been nine hours since the message Suga sent self-destructed and Taehyung is becoming a panicking mess next to him.

"He had that many spies planted?" Taehyung asks Tom, who himself doesn't appear to be in a very good condition, his hair dishevelled and the bags under his eyes prominent. "How did we never know about this?"

"Not only that," Olivia points to an ID of one of the missing women. "I've known her for two years."

Jimin's eyes widen.

The colour drains from Taehyung's face as he stares at the screen, blinking rapidly, his mouth slightly parted.

Behind Taehyung, Timothée sighs and rubs at his forehead with his index and middle finger.

"Who's the oldest?" Tom asks, focused eyes on the screen.

"He is," Olivia pulls up another ID. "Byun Baekhyun, two years and seven months."

"What?" Jimin gasps. "Baekhyun?"

Olivia bites on her lower lip and nervously looks up at Taehyung.

Taehyung is standing completely straight, eyes on the large screen ahead, face emotionless.

"How do we even know all these people are from August?" Timothée asks.

"It's the only thing that makes sense," Tom says. "We start fishing all spies out, Suga finds out and he sends a message to get rid of them."

"But it's not confirmed?" Timothée clarifies.

"No," Olivia shakes her head.

Taehyung's shoulders slouch and he inhales deeply.

"Where did they go, then?" Jimin asks.

Taehyung turns around and walks out of the control department, not exchanging a word with anybody on the way.

Timothée stares after him for a little while before turning to Jimin and meeting his worried gaze.

"Is he going to be okay?" Timothée asks, his voice timid.

Jimin sighs and looks back up at the screen.

I hope so.

————

A/N:

Finally, this is going somewhere good, now!

What did you think, Orchids? (Imma call you that from now on cuz you're special and I think Orchids are amazing, especially the purple ones)

I hope you're enjoying the story so far!

Thank you for understanding the problem with my account! Thank you for voting and commenting!

I purple you!!💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.7K 41
**COMPLETED** "Just tell me. Why did you try to steal the necklace?" I looked at him. "Oh! I tried stealing it because it was ugly, disgusting, and i...
233K 8.2K 30
"Y/n-ah...?" "Hm... What is it?" "I'm never letting you go...You... Know that right..?" _ An innocent obsession..... That...
171K 3.6K 59
> Y/n:- yk what? You're talking like a mafia Suga:- we are... Jimin:- hyung????? Y/n:- what? You're maf- Tae:- no he's just joking Y/n:- you're my br...
61.1K 3.5K 28
❝ I don't remember you ❞ ❝ I remember only you ❞ Jungkook is a police officer who lost his husband in a car accident seven months ago and on the same...